Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678916 ... LastLast

Thread: Freddie Mercury

Hell No!
    Klaus Nomi!!!!!!
    (um, what exactly are we playing?)
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

hell no! (replacement for freddie game - who could sing his tunes)

simon le bon

Received "Under Review: The Freddie Mercury Story" this weekend (from Netflix)... nothing on it I didn't already know (for the most part) but it was pretty interesting. I recommend it for any die hard Freddie fan!

Was there any new footage worth seeing? or was it like a normal tv doc??

there were a lot of interviews about Freddie that I've never seen as well as some footage that I've never seen... overall entertaining but only as a netflix rental, I wouldn't go out and buy it.

i will wait till its shown over here...probably on the bio channel!
    out of interest...if you had to have a film about freddie...who would you cast as its lead characters?

Whose boobs would Freddie have played with (yeah we need lives, no shit)

I say Samantha Fox

leevancleef Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jason8478 View Post
    Whose boobs would Freddie have played with (yeah we need lives, no shit)

I say Samantha Fox
    I say Cicciolina.

Love your new avatar, by the way, Jason

Julie andrews?

Quote Originally Posted by leevancleef View Post
    I say Cicciolina.

Love your new avatar, by the way, Jason
    Thanks, kinda has a AH-HA "Take On Me" vibe to it, right?

Now I gotta go look up who Cicciolina is.

ok just did, I can see that... mainly just to see how good of a boob job she had done.

Quote Originally Posted by hrhdiesel View Post
    Julie andrews?
    Why Julie Andrews?

Here's an obvious one... Mary Austin (because he has played with them)
    Last edited by Jason; 02-21-2008 at 01:44 PM.

ok...well im not sure...just the thought of mary poppins singing a spoon full of sugar with fred having a nuzzle sounds like good viewing!

well if you want links with queen...how about her majesty herself?

ok...well im not sure...just the thought of mary poppins singing a spoon full of sugar with fred having a nuzzle sounds like good viewing!

well if you want links with queen...how about her majesty herself?
    Since Freddie was all about quality I think they would have to be some nice boobs for him to wanna feel em up... but he was also about the arts so perhaps he would be curious about Julie Andrews (God, I wanna kill myself for what I am typing).

How about Carmen Electra?

hmmmmm nah Carmen would be way too pointy. I think he would feel up some right characters that sort of now hang out with elton... For some reason i could see him with juliette lewis...she is bonkers!

hehehe, good call... ok I gotta split, twas fun! have a good night.

Grungegirl83 Guest
    Anyone have any of the last known pics of Freddie?

Flowergrrl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Grungegirl83 View Post
    I don't know how close to his death this was taken...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/w...00/3281601.stm

Flowergrrl Guest
    This has clips of him from videos off of their last album: (Includes above pic)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBAFr...eature=related

knothere Guest
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eoxk...eature=related

duno if ya seen it i like it they talk to his mom n sister n cusin n filmed in zanzabar
    mind u its part 1 nthere r many mnay parts but if ya got the time its worth it

i just watched the 1st one loved it

Quote Originally Posted by Ratgrrl View Post

I remember this was taken a couple of weeks before his death. The press was harrassing him & i remember thinking leave him alone..

Flowergrrl Guest
    I remember this was taken a couple of weeks before his death. The press was harrassing him & i remember thinking leave him alone..
    That's so sad. They set up outside his house for a couple weeks waiting just to get a picture of him. This mentions it if anyone wants to read about it:

http://3degree.ecu.edu.au/articles/497

leevancleef Guest
    i had never seen that pic before. It hurts me to see that pic, really.
    It must have been so terrible for him...to know he was going to die.
    God bless him.

Quote Originally Posted by Grungegirl83 View Post

I think that is fairly close to his death... eventually he just became bed ridden and didn't leave the house so unless his caretakers/friends snapped a shot (which I doubt) I would say this is the best you will get.

Here is Freddie's last public appearance and the last video he was in was "These are the days of our lives"

I agree but in the end he chose the spot light and as it has tremendous UP's it has to also come with the intense DOWN's... I'm sure he understood this which was why he went public with his disease right before dying (in order to take back some control of the situation).

i had never seen that pic before. It hurts me to see that pic, really.
    It must have been so terrible for him...to know he was going to die.
    God bless him.
    Yeah he really is an inspiration for anybody going through tough times, I admire how he chose to keep on working although I wish he took better care of himself during his battle. I think he wanted to ignore it the best he could instead of face it and try and concur it.

leevancleef Guest
    Jason, thanks for that link...im stunned. ive never seen that before.
    He looks sad and awkward.
    Ive been listening to Queen a lot these last days.... he was pure genious.

Jason, thanks for that link...im stunned. ive never seen that before.
    He looks sad and awkward.
    Ive been listening to Queen a lot these last days.... he was pure genious.
    you're welcome
    back in 1992 (I was 14 years old) I purchased the Barcelona album and didn't really enjoy it because I was young and wanted to hear mostly Freddie and felt Montserrat Caballe just got in the way. Anyway, now at 29 I really enjoy this album and feel Freddie did just as good a job as any pro Opera song writer/singer. If you never listened to that album I highly recommend it... track 1, 5, 6, 7 are my favorites.

leevancleef Guest
    i own that album!! Well, my father was the one who bought it back then( hes a huge Queen fan). My favorite song is The Golden Boy.
    Its a pretty good album actually.

i own that album!! Well, my father was the one who bought it back then( hes a huge Queen fan). My favorite song is The Golden Boy.
    Its a pretty good album actually.
    I know... I love "Guide Me Home" and how it leads into "How Can I Go On".

Flowergrrl Guest
    the last video he was in was "These are the days of our lives"
    That and I'm Going Slightly Mad (filmed prior) were filmed in B&W because even tho he had on a lot of makeup he still looked horribly ill so it was filmed that way to try to hide how sick he was.

I have a lot of respect for how he chose to end his life. What else was he supposed to do... He might have died sooner had he not continued with making music. I think it helped him deal with what was going on. His final album is obviously a good-bye... And a great one at that.

He was an awesome performer who in the end only had his voice.

That and I'm Going Slightly Mad (filmed prior) were filmed in B&W because even tho he had on a lot of makeup he still looked horribly ill so it was filmed that way to try to hide how sick he was.

I have a lot of respect for how he chose to end his life. What else was he supposed to do... He might have died sooner had he not continued with making music. I think it helped him deal with what was going on. His final album is obviously a good-bye... And a great one at that.

He was an awesome performer who in the end only had his voice.
    Yeah I know and agree with you... the only thing that bugs me a bit is how he always wanted to put up the front that everything was ok. I strongly feel that Magic Johnson benefited from how Freddie deteriorated and so Magic decided to go completely public with it once he learned of it, and got the treatments he needed in order to keep it under control. I think if Freddie had gotten the disease a few years later he wouldn't have been so ashamed of it.

leevancleef Guest
    I think if Freddie had gotten the disease a few years later he wouldn't have been so ashamed of it.
    i agree.
    Have you guys seen the video of "i want it all"? i think that you really can tell that Freddie was ill if you watch it.

Flowergrrl Guest
    Yeah I know and agree with you... the only thing that bugs me a bit is how he always wanted to put up the front that everything was ok. I strongly feel that Magic Johnson benefited from how Freddie deteriorated and so Magic decided to go completely public with it once he learned of it, and got the treatments he needed in order to keep it under control. I think if Freddie had gotten the disease a few years later he wouldn't have been so ashamed of it.
    I think he did what he thought was best given that time. In all honesty, I don't think he would have received the same treatment as Magic Johnson did. But, since this is after the fact there really is no way of knowing.

I definitely agree had he gotten it later he wouldn't have been as ashamed.

i agree.
    Have you guys seen the video of "i want it all"? i think that you really can tell that Freddie was ill if you watch it.
    anything from 1988 on you can see something is off with Freddie. Even in the Barcelona videos he looks slightly different from the Wembley concert/ A kind of magic videos (and I'm not talking about his difference in facial hair)

leevancleef Guest
    anything from 1988 on you can see something is off with Freddie. Even in the Barcelona videos he looks slightly different from the Wembley concert/ A kind of magic videos (and I'm not talking about his difference in facial hair)
    yep, youre right. His nose looks larger because his face had slimmed down.

Flowergrrl Guest
    Oops... By "treatment" I meant how the public treated him not medicinally.

Oops... By "treatment" I meant how the public treated him not medicinally.
    gotcha... yeah perhaps.

Spot on.

i thought he looked swollen when he sang Barcelona - at the time i thought it was due to the lack of moustache. However since Breakthru his nose & face looked slimmer which wasnt helped with his stubble

Nice hrh... good use of imagery

Break thru is actually one of my fav videos of theirs despite Freddie's appearance.

What's funny is it almost seems his face got fatter right before he began looking ill... the Barcelona pic, he looks like he put on some weight.
    i thought he looked swollen when he sang Barcelona - at the time i thought it was due to the lack of moustache. However since Breakthru his nose & face looked slimmer which wasnt helped with his stubble
    the stubble was a way to take the focus off his face, I don't think he cared whether it looked good or not just as long as you didn't notice he was sickly looking. I wonder why he looked so swollen, perhaps he was taking steroids as part of his treatments?
    Last edited by Jason; 02-26-2008 at 07:59 AM.

Glad im not the only one who thought he looked swollen in barcelona - it could have been steroids...it could have been him drinking/eating due to finding out he had hiv... i guess we will never know....
    All i remember is the next video he did was scandal - which he looks like he did in break thru & the weight loss is noticeable. As well as his nose which was more boney.

The stubble could have been an image change people may have thought at the time.

Yeah I think he was trying to hide his face the best he could... and yeah I thought maybe he tried to fatten himself up as well, who knows.

hmmmmmm another avatar change! nice - next time add a curly wig & it will be come a brian may tribute!

LMAO!!! that guitar is actually really cool... not just a piece of junk that looks like his axe.

Sing it for me Brian!

Sing it for me Brian!
    LMAO!!!! looks like a dog sitting on my head... very nice hrh, thanks for putting the time into doing that.

God you are so right! Brian does look like he has a dead poodle on his head! Couldnt resist it jas - you are lucky that it wasnt a full length pic of you as i would have added clogs!

is this better for you?

Well this is the best i can do on a laptop! wait till i get my computer back...photoshop baby!

LMAO!!!!! oh man... looks like Mario Paint from Super Nintendo, funny stuff!!!! thanks.

I promise good photoshops in the future! just giving you a heads up!

I can't wait!!