Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Freddie Mercury

Snoopy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jason8478 View Post
    woah.... I envy you!!!! which concert was it (year, venue, tour?)
    Well it was in the early 80's..at the Providence Civic Center..and the tour ? can't remember..but I know they brought out this huge Robot on to the stage..I had an unexpected blast! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Reecy View Post
    Today I heard We are the champions......... I almost busted out crying.
    I know the feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Layla331 View Post
    I was a queen fan..and love freddie..he was different and such a performer..you could tell when he was on stage..it was where he wanted to be and his whole heart was there just to make you happy...i just saw a documentary on him..and i just wish he could be here now when being gay isnt such a stigma..ok heres a question may be stupid..but im going to ask..where did the band name come from..ive heard everything from the Queen of England..to Queen as in gay but i never knew what the truth was..so im throwin it out there...btw Happy 2008 all
    Yeah, Freddie came up with it and he said the word Queen just has a sense of BIG that comes along with it no matter where in the world you are. Plus I guess King didn't sound as nice

Quote Originally Posted by Alanwench View Post
    Another song where Brian sounds pretty good is appropriate for this forum, "All Dead."
    Yes you are correct, I think he works well on that one as well.

Quote Originally Posted by crimson and clover View Post
    How about Long Away from Day at the Races?
    I like the song, just not a fan of Brian's voice on it... but that's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by hrhdiesel View Post
    hmmmm I agree with i want to break free as all members are equally funny - love john as the old granny!
    Break thru- is that the one on the top of a steam train?
    Radio Ga Ga - the famous metropolis spin off featuring the infamous hitler salute (silly really!)
    Its a hard life - thats the one with the red costume with all the eyes - very ott - very freddie!

Dont you like its a kind of magic! That was a fun video!
    I didnt mind im going slightly mad...yes freddie was frail by that video but he was having fun!
    Princes of the universe - when freddie was fighting highlander with his mike!
    I even enjoyed the miracle with the kids pretending to be queen!
    I get bored with A Kind of Magic and any video where they are on a stage to be honest... if I want to see Queen on a stage I will pop in a concert, it's a music video GET CREATIVE!!!! I'm going slightly mad was a good one (forgot about that one) I even enjoyed Innuendo.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Well it was in the early 80's..at the Providence Civic Center..and the tour ? can't remember..but I know they brought out this huge Robot on to the stage..I had an unexpected blast! LOL
    Very cool... any pictures?

Snoopy Guest
    I know the feeling.

Yeah, Freddie came up with it and he said the word Queen just has a sense of BIG that comes along with it no matter where in the world you are. Plus I guess King didn't sound as nice

Yes you are correct, I think he works well on that one as well.

I like the song, just not a fan of Brian's voice on it... but that's just my opinion.

I get bored with A Kind of Magic and any video where they are on a stage to be honest... if I want to see Queen on a stage I will pop in a concert, it's a music video GET CREATIVE!!!! I'm going slightly mad was a good one (forgot about that one) I even enjoyed Innuendo.

Very cool... any pictures?
    Yeah a few..somewhere..I will have to look through my boxes of old pics..if I find them though it'll be big blurs..I remember sitting on a friends shoulders with my camers help up over my head..not sure what I was taking shots of..everyone was standing up dancing and standing on chairs. LOL

nice... well if you find em I would love to see em, even if they are blurs

"The Miracle" video with the kid versions of Freddie, Roger, Brian and John was brilliant, especially the kid who portrayed Freddie from the early Queen days in catsuits to the infamous yellow jacket worn at the Wembley 1986 concert.

If memory serves me correctly, that was Freddie's 38th birthday. Guests were asked to come as the person they most admire and/or dress in black and white. Freddie came as himself. <L>

If memory serves me correctly, that was Freddie's 38th birthday. Guests were asked to come as the person they most admire and/or dress in black and white. Freddie came as himself. <L>
    Didnt he have wild parties with naked midgets & painted people? That cocaine was put on huge platters to share! That video just hints how raunchy it could be!

"The Miracle" video with the kid versions of Freddie, Roger, Brian and John was brilliant, especially the kid who portrayed Freddie from the early Queen days in catsuits to the infamous yellow jacket worn at the Wembley 1986 concert.
    Yeah i thought it was a fun video as well! That kid was great with his impression of freddie!

I'm going slightly mad was a good one (forgot about that one)
    Tut tut tut...

Yes, that's the same party, at least from what I've read and seen in interviews. According to someone who attended the party, there was a dwarf covered with chopped liver. Whenever someone got a knife to get some of the liver, the dwarf would shake and quiver. This guy said something along the lines of, "I know I'm going to hell for being at this party. I mean, it's perfectly normal to see someone dressed like my grandmother with a knife clenched between his teeth, trying to crawl up my leg."

I wonder what ever became of the kid. He did an excellent job and that had to have been difficult work, getting every gesture, facial expression and learning the choreography.
    It was sad, in a way. Freddie was looking thinner by then and it was as if he was watching his entire professional life played out in that video.

http://www.youtube.com/v/hKPv2S9Jwew&rel=1" it sure looks like a wild party!

I bet the kids mom made him get an aids test.

I bet the kids mom made him get an aids test.
    naughty naughty

I'm being serious... back in 1989 they were still paranoid about ways of contracting the disease.

I know they were in 1985 when rock hudson died - didnt the dynasty crew have an aids test especially Linda evans as she had kissed him? I thought by 1989 they understood how you could or couldnt catch aids?

I know they were in 1985 when rock hudson died - didnt the dynasty crew have an aids test especially Linda evans as she had kissed him? I thought by 1989 they understood how you could or couldnt catch aids?
    Nah... even in 1992 people that were playing or have played B-Ball with Magic Johnson were lining up at the clinic waiting for the results. Shit even Janet Jackson got tested after making out with Tu-Pac in Poetic Justice and he didn't even have anything. I bet in 2008 people are getting tested just to be sure... I don't blame em.

lisalouver Guest
    Alright... the greatest male vocalist of all time deserves a spot on the forum. I saw the remaining members with Paul Rogers in 2005 and although they were still good, the best part of the show was Bohemian Rhapsody. Basically the band played around old concert footage from 1986 and you can really see and hear what a talent Freddie was compared to Paul Rogers (no disrespect to Mr. Rogers, he's great with Bad Company). Overall I am glad they are still touring and keeping busy but I do miss Freddie.
    Ah Jason! I bought my ex tickets to that when they were here in 2005 also and I loved the show. I loved Bohemian Rhapsody part too. But I really loved the part where they did Those were the days of our lives and showed all the pictures of the band in Japan and all on the big screen. I will admit, my eyes got a little misty.

Ghoulie Girl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by knothere View Post
    I love Freddie
    Yeah, me too.

Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    Ah Jason! I bought my ex tickets to that when they were here in 2005 also and I loved the show. I loved Bohemian Rhapsody part too. But I really loved the part where they did Those were the days of our lives and showed all the pictures of the band in Japan and all on the big screen. I will admit, my eyes got a little misty.
    Did they play Eminem "lose yourself" in the beginning of the show? also did it take you a while to adjust to Paul Rogers? I really wasn't feeling it until the 3rd or 4th song in and then I just accepted it and enjoyed myself.

Yeah Rhapsody and Days of our lives was very touching! Roger singing Radio Ga Ga, not so much

lisalouver Guest
    Did they play Eminem "lose yourself" in the beginning of the show? also did it take you a while to adjust to Paul Rogers? I really wasn't feeling it until the 3rd or 4th song in and then I just accepted it and enjoyed myself.

Yeah Rhapsody and Days of our lives was very touching! Roger singing Radio Ga Ga, not so much
    They did do Eminem's Lose Yourself! I loved it because I am a big fan of Em's and his ghetto ass.

It did take me a bit to get used to Paul. I always loved Bad Company so I was having a bit of trouble seperating the two. I also thought he was awfully short (well, I'm a tall girl, so maybe that is why)

My ex was/is a HUGE Queen fan and he had a bit of trouble with Paul, but soon her got into it and by the end we were glad we went. Tickets were a bit spendy, but I think worth it!

Yeah the Eminem bit through me off, but I figured they were trying to pump the crowd up and be different. I spent $50 a ticket I think (don't really remember the exact price).. I was very glad I went, I never got to see them prior so it was very exciting for me.

lisalouver Guest
    Yeah the Eminem bit through me off, but I figured they were trying to pump the crowd up and be different. I spent $50 a ticket I think (don't really remember the exact price).. I was very glad I went, I never got to see them prior so it was very exciting for me.
    I bought the tickets for my ex-fiancee for his birthday and I paid $150 a piece, I think, but we were really close. It was worth it. I had never seen them and neither had he, so we were glad we went.

SlippyInvader Guest
    I was watching the biography channel the other day and they showed Live Aid from back in 1985 at Wembley Stadium. It was so sad seeing Freddie jumping about on stage looking fit and full of energy then 6 years later he was gone I wonder if he knew then he had aids?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tfmtcfpbw.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	27.1 KB 
ID:	2729   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Freddieofqueensite.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	2730  

From what I read he found out he was HIV positive in 1987... he also didn't take great care of himself when he first learned of his status. Being extremely private about the disease and telling only his closest friends most likely led to his quick demise (much like Rock Hudson) and UNLIKE Magic Johnson. Freddie was just too damn proud and wanted everyone to think he was A-OK up until the day before he died.

Slippy, I too begin to get sad/pissed when I watch a Queen concert... so much talent, he was the real deal (puts all the new bunch of stars to shame).

SlippyInvader Guest
    I remember being in shock when I heard the news he'd died only a day after announcing to the world he had aids. Watching all the talent those bands had back in 1985 makes you kinda sad when you see what we've got these days.

He was hounded by the press in the last year of his life - the speculation of him having aids meant that there were spies in the im going slightly mad video which i find so sad.

Well his appearance alone in 1990 was proof enough that something wasn't right. I don't think they needed spies to put the pieces together on this one.

again, who else in todays stardom would show up to accept an award fully knowing they were knocking on Heavens door. Freddie gave it his all until his last breath... I admire that above all of his talents. Of todays troop I would say Tammy Faye was another that put aside the ego and appeared on TV right before dying.
    Last edited by Jason; 01-07-2008 at 09:22 AM.

SlippyInvader Guest
    Well his appearance alone in 1990 was proof enough that something wasn't right. I don't think they needed spies to put the pieces together on this one.

again, who else in todays stardom would show up to accept an award fully knowing they were knocking on Heavens door. Freddie gave it his all until his last breath... I admire that above all of his talents. Of todays troop I would say Tammy Faye was another that put aside the ego and appeared on TV right before dying.
    Wow it's heartbraking to see him looking so frail in that clip.

I remember that - it was the Brits awards which now have a statue in his honor. Didnt he look classy with his scarf & blue suit...he looks better there than the last few videos.

I know... and him being so into himself must have really felt it was important for him to be there. Any other time he probably would have canceled or been a no show but I think he knew he was on borrowed time and this would probably be the last award he accepted. Anyway, yeah... makes me sad too

ok fun freddie fact!
    Bono and Midge Ure say Freddie Mercury hit on them backstage at the Live Aid concert.

Freddie seemed to show an interest in Bono during the finale... he puts his arm around Bono. I'm not surprised... I wonder how they would have sounded on a record together, part of me thinks it would have been awful since the two of them had upper register voices, but still would have liked to hear it.

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by magblax View Post
    What if this guy was the lead singer? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJKZUE33Mk4
    That's one of those videos where you just stare at it speechless.....

Anyone hear this? its Freddie Mercury and Michael Jackson - More To Life Than This
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7hrUU-UeHk

Just found another one - Freddie Mercury and Michael Jackson - State Of Shock
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9_Bw...eature=related
    It apparently wasnt released as Michael found Freddie snorting coke in the bathroom so went with MicK jagger instead... not sure if this is correct!

Yeah that's what I heard as well... I've heard these, glad they were never released.

no "shamonnnnnnnn hehe" from you then!

ha, nope.. none from me

I've always been very fond of Roger's voice, and Brians as well. I have both of Brian's solo albums (Back to the Light is really good) and 1 or 2 or Rogers, as well as a CD of another band he formed (name is escaping me at the moment). I may still have a copy of Starfleet around somewhere as well.

I about DIED when Brian May was in Milwaukee for a concert and I missed it. Seriously, I'm still pissed about it to this day- and this is 15 years later?

I have some of the Kind of Magic videos (1 and 2 of 3- never was able to get the 3rd), and it still makes me tear up when I see Freddie in a particularly beloved clip.

Oh, I also have 2 of the 3 Queen comic books too.
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

Here is a brand new Interview with Brian May

and some older ones with Freddie

The Brian May one if nice, as many of you think they are wrong for going on I think Brian sincerely comes across as not wanting this to seem an extension of Queen's career. I truly believe they know it's not Queen but the name Queen helps sales and if you listen to Freddie's interviews you can see he was pretty much about the Money above all else (and not ashamed to admit it).

anyway, enjoy.
    Last edited by Jason; 01-08-2008 at 09:08 AM.

Have anyone seen Freddies appearence on the Kenny everette show?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYpRkARK8Io

SlippyInvader Guest
    Have anyone seen Freddies appearence on the Kenny everette show?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYpRkARK8Io
    Apparently it was from Kenny that Freddie contracted Aids.

knothere Guest
    thanks slippy i added that to my favs

yeah I've heard some rumors Dennis Stewart (Crater Face from Grease), Kenny Everett & Freddie Mercury were all intimate with one another. All are dead now from aids... rumors though, never heard or read anything concrete on this.

Quote Originally Posted by SlippyInvader View Post
    Apparently it was from Kenny that Freddie contracted Aids.
    no it wasnt from kenny...but they both slept with the same guy (at different times) who had the hiv virus.

SlippyInvader Guest
    no it wasnt from kenny...but they both slept with the same guy (at different times) who had the hiv virus.
    Do you think they both contracted it from Dennis Stewart then?

SlippyInvader Guest
    yeah I've heard some rumors Dennis Stewart (Crater Face from Grease), Kenny Everett & Freddie Mercury were all intimate with one another. All are dead now from aids... rumors though, never heard or read anything concrete on this.

Maybe we'll never really know who gave it who.

Yeah, I've never come across anything that stated it as fact... their all dead so it's an easy rumor to start.

SlippyInvader Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by knothere View Post
    thanks slippy i added that to my favs

You're welcome but it might not be 100% accurate.