Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8910111219 ... LastLast

Thread: Freddie Mercury

This is one of my favorite performance of theirs... love the way they did this live at Montreal.

Here is a really rare interview
    from "Thick of the night" in 1984.. pardon the shitty quality. Sad when Alan Thick asks Freddie what he see's for himself 25 years from now... of course Freddie says "A lot of sex".

I'm actually going to see this guy in April... so far he seems to be the best imitator I ever heard... just close your eyes and listen

I love this shot... brings the recordings to life.

and then this shot just makes me sad...

Last edited by Jason; 03-05-2008 at 07:37 PM.

lil_zino Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hrhdiesel View Post
    which member are you?

http://queen.shanemcdonald.org/queen-character.html

im freddie baby!
    I am too. Not surprising at all. I think my career aspiration at the age of 12 was to be Freddie Mercury.

leevancleef Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    This is one of my favorite performance of theirs... love the way they did this live at Montreal.

Here is a really rare interview
    from "Thick of the night" in 1984.. pardon the shitty quality. Sad when Alan Thick asks Freddie what he see's for himself 25 years from now... of course Freddie says "A lot of sex".

I'm actually going to see this guy in April... so far he seems to be the best imitator I ever heard... just close your eyes and listen

I love this shot... brings the recordings to life.

and then this shot just makes me sad...

Thanks for the links Jason, awesome stuff!!!
    That guy is pretty good, he's not Freddie of course, but hes good!!

Lisamarie Guest
    God he was so beautiful....breathtaking ! Greek God status! I loved his white tight pants!! I love Freddie so much! He would be so happy we are all talking about him and his hotness....oh yeah and massive talent!!!!

Lisamarie Guest
    Best performer ever! No comparison....thats why he had to die..God was like I could use that guy in the floor show !

leevancleef Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post
    I love Freddie so much! He would be so happy we are all talking about him and his hotness....oh yeah and massive talent!!!!
    i know, thats the best tribute we can pay to him.
    He'd love it.

Hey lee.... nice Avatar, now that's a true fan!!!!

leevancleef Guest
    Hey lee.... nice Avatar, now that's a true fan!!!!
    Aww, thanks! *hug* yeah, true fan i believe, actually ive decided that im in love with the whole group *Lee wants to go to the 80s and make love to all the band*

This is a good site for your sound alike! i remember him winning stars in their eyes! He was great! You will have to give us a report on his performance jason!

Quote Originally Posted by leevancleef View Post
    Aww, thanks! *hug* yeah, true fan i believe, actually ive decided that im in love with the whole group *Lee wants to go to the 80s and make love to all the band*
    Lee I already have the guitar, I just need to buy a Brian May wig... will that do?

This is a good site for your sound alike! i remember him winning stars in their eyes! He was great! You will have to give us a report on his performance jason!
    will do... I'm looking forward to it. Saw these guys a few years ago and wasn't all that impressed... they were alright, but Gary Mullen seems to be a better imitator than Joey Russo (although Russo looks the part more so then Gary).
    Last edited by Jason; 03-06-2008 at 09:40 AM.

leevancleef Guest
    Lee I already have the guitar, I just need to buy a Brian May wig... will that do?

It sure will sweetie! And you dont need the wig you're hotter than Brian!
    But....can you bring the drums instead ?

Where are you going to see that guy performing?

just found out he is at a gig near us in august...might book if you think its worth it!
    I was put off once by a queen tribute act - the singer was terrible....didnt sound or look like him. whats the point of copying the posters & singing the songs - he was rubbish!

It sure will sweetie! And you dont need the wig you're hotter than Brian!
    But....can you bring the drums instead ?

Where are you going to see that guy performing?
    At the Filmore in NYC and yes I can bring the drums, the entire damn kit if you like.

just found out he is at a gig near us in august...might book if you think its worth it!
    I was put off once by a queen tribute act - the singer was terrible....didnt sound or look like him. whats the point of copying the posters & singing the songs - he was rubbish!
    Well nobody will ever (in a trillion billion gazillion years) compare to Freddie but Gary Mullen seems to come close (at moments) and he does the Live Freddie which is generally easier to imitate because Freddie was using his natural baritone voice for most of the concerts.

I will definitely let you know if it's worth it after I see them.

Catherine of Siena Guest
    Miss Freddy died from drugs (a.k.a. "HIV/AID$").

Still, we like her music.

Catherine of Siena Guest
    How nice it would be if it had been Madonna who expired then, instead of Freddie?

Oh well, we can only dream.....

no one will beat freddie live...he truely was a star.

This is my fav type of freddie pic! Me & my oh love doing our freddie pic when something good is happening! Try it jas...when a good song comes on...purse your lips, stick your chin up & slowly raise your fist up!

How do you know I haven't done that already?

Ok I guess I am in "Good Company" here so I will admit something about myself... when I was younger I would make music videos to (mainly) Queen songs with my friends and I would always be Freddie. We actually were pretty creative with it and made fun of ourselves through out.

if Anybody not in the Queen circle is reading this please have mercy on me

leevancleef Guest
    How do you know I haven't done that already?

Ok I guess I am in "Good Company" here so I will admit something about myself... when I was younger I would make music videos to (mainly) Queen songs with my friends and I would always be Freddie. We actually were pretty creative with it and made fun of ourselves through out.

if Anybody not in the Queen circle is reading this please have mercy on
    Youre adorable Jason!!
    Mercy on you?? Mercy on them for not being in the circle!!!

You are not a true Queen fan if you dont do that at least once in your life...that or sing Queen songs on Karaoke ((( wishpers.... yeah, ive done that)

Youre adorable Jason!!
    Mercy on you?? Mercy on them for not being in the circle!!!

You are not a true Queen fan if you dont do that at least once in your life...that or sing Queen songs on Karaoke ((( wishpers.... yeah, ive done that)
    I want to post some of our gems on you tube but my friends are not so accepting of the idea.

I dressed up as Freddie from the "I'm going Slightly mad" video a number of years ago for Halloween. It turned out pretty cool.
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

Quote Originally Posted by DietCokeofEvil View Post
    I dressed up as Freddie from the "I'm going Slightly mad" video a number of years ago for Halloween. It turned out pretty cool.
    That sounds cool....have you got a pic to show us?

did you paint on a moustache jas?

I'll have to see if I can find it. This was back in the days before digital cameras, but there is a copy laying around somewhere.
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

That sounds cool....have you got a pic to show us?

did you paint on a moustache jas?
    Yes I did... with my friends mothers make up. Ok, now anybody who needed some good ammo to use on me has it... CONGRATS!!!

When I get around to it MAYBE!!! I will post one of our videos... my personal fav is the one we did to "The Invisible Man"... although I played a great gay guy in the one we did for "The Fairy Fellows Master Stroke". I think I played the part too well actually, put me in therapy for a few years.

Ahhhhhhhh bless! As long as it was just the moustache you added & not the rest of the makeup in i want to break free then we dont have to worry!

Ahhhhhhhh bless! As long as it was just the moustache you added & not the rest of the makeup in i want to break free then we dont have to worry!
    hehehe, no it was just for the mustache and we never did "I want to break free" we tried to do the more obscure ones.

leevancleef Guest
    Now, i would pay to see Jason and his friends doing "I want to break free".

Its amazing what you find on ebay these days......

[SIZE=7]Freddie Mercury 18" Figure[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=5]Freddie comes with a mic stand and plays a one-minute medley of Queen hits![/SIZE]

Unfortunately the doll looks more like one of Freddie's imitators. With his distinct features I am surprised they couldn't do a better job.

If it didnt have the outfit...would you guess it was freddie???

leevancleef Guest
    Probably, but i agree with Jason, they could have done better.

leevancleef Guest

Aw, beautiful!!

leevancleef Guest

Could John be any cuter?

leevancleef Guest
    GO FREDDIE!!

Yes I would but that's only because it kinda looks like him.

Could John be any cuter?
    He is a sweetie!

eclecticbohemian Guest
    I agree with you all. Paul Rodgers is talented in his own right but he is no Freddie. There will NEVER be another Freddie...never.

The Days of Our Lives song & video still gets to me
    Last edited by eclecticbohemian; 03-18-2008 at 10:15 AM.

Snudgie Guest
    I can't watch that video without tearing up...gets me every time!

Freddie will always be missed....and happily...he will always be loved too

Flowergrrl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by eclecticbohemian View Post
    The Days of Our Lives song & video still gets to me
    I know, it's so sad. I love The Show Must Go On, it makes me teary when I hear it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSkx34M3XtY

Gawd, what a loss. Their last album together was brilliant and powerful (when is Freddie not?!!). A beautiful good-bye from such a beautiful person.

Snudgie Guest
    Argh.....crying now....bloody hormonal week!! Sorry that was TMI wasn't it?!

Flowergrrl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Snudgie View Post
    Argh.....crying now....bloody hormonal week!! Sorry that was TMI wasn't it?!
    It's O.K. Snudgie..... I get weepy too. ((hug))

eclecticbohemian Guest
    Hot pic time...

And one of my favorites:

[/quote]
    Nice pics Rat!! Thanks!! Is it just me or are all the hot-intelligent-talented men gay? Present company on this site included.

Also, I may have read through the thread too fast but I didn't see Get Down Make Love mentioned. Very sexy song!

dirk diggler Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Ha, I remember that now, he was not a bad looking guy until he opened his mouth to speak and

sorry to be so shallow too!!
    I watched a queen doco recently on cable and I think Freddie was self conscious about his barry beeth if any of you have seen he was constantly pushing his top lip down over them whenever he smiled ironic considering he had such a powerfull stage presence..

Flowergrrl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by eclecticbohemian View Post
    Nice pics Rat!! Thanks!! Is it just me or are all the hot-intelligent-talented men gay? Present company on this site included.

Also, I may have read through the thread too fast but I didn't see Get Down Make Love mentioned. Very sexy song!
    No prob eclectic... Glad you enjoyed them!!

You're right, very sexy song indeed!!

Aside from that huge, operatic voice, Freddie handled his illness with so much grace and dignity. I think that was the essence of him - a graceful, immensely talented, dignified man. Freddie Mercury would never have spit beer on the audience or walked offstage and caused a riot. He had integrity in a time when a lot of artists didn't and it showed it in the caliber of his performances, not to mention his illness and death.

Electic - what great pictures!

dirk diggler Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SlippyInvader View Post
    I wonder if Aids came about a decade earlier then Freddie might have been more careful and been alive now? Looking back I think I became aware of Aids back in about 1984 when Rock Hudson died. I wonder how, where and when it originated from? I've heard rumours that a man had sex with a monkey in Africa but I find that hard to believe.
    Heard that too or maybe another virus, say heppo'?, just mutated into aids..

cynnbox Guest
    my all time fav song is Bohemian Rhapsody.

I adore Queen.

48. 03-24-2008, 05:46 PM

Flowergrrl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dirk diggler View Post
    Heard that too or maybe another virus, say heppo'?, just mutated into aids..
    From what I've read it seems to be related to Syphilis... The symptoms in an advanced case with sores and lesions on the skin are similar to that in AIDS patients. And, someone with AIDS is immune to Syphilis.

Another theory is, back in the early 1900s when there were mass slaughters of monkeys in Africa... Since their DNA is so similar to ours, the transmission from an infected animal's blood onto human skin is what caused it.

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Elizabeth Guest

Freddie

GO FREDDIE!!

I love Freddie, and will always.....I love this photo, I just want to tickle his tummy.....

My favorite Queen songs are (I couldn't pick just one!!): "Somebody To Love" (awesome!!!) and "Love Of My Life" (makes me tear up every single time--no better match of song and singer)....