Thread: Damilola Taylor

Damilola Taylor

November 2000 as Damilola made his way home from an after-school club at the local library he was surrounded by a gang of youths.
    They demanded his distinctive silver puffa jacket but he bravely refused to hand it over. When he did so one of them, believed to be Ricky Preddie, stabbed him in the leg with a broken beer bottle.
    This was known by the gang as â??jukingâ?? and they used it as a form of punishment, maybe because it would never usually be serious enough
    to cause death.
    But in Damilolaâ??s case the shard of glass severed a major artery just above his knee.
    After three trials and almost six years the killers of ten-year-old Damilola Taylor have finally been brought to justice.
    Two brothers, Danny and Ricky Preddie, aged 18 and 19, who both have long criminal records, were found guilty at the Old Bailey today of
    the manslaughter of the schoolboy who bled to death in the arms of a stranger on an estate in Peckham, south London in November 2000.
    The brothers, from Peckham, were cleared in April of the 10-year-oldâ??s murder and assault with intent to rob, but a retrial was ordered because
    the jury could not agree on the manslaughter charge.
    They had originally been arrested a few days after Damilola was stabbed in the leg with a broken bottle near his home in Peckham.

smooches27 Guest
    What a sad, sad story....

TrueBlueAngel Guest
    Was big, big news over here. If I recall rightly, Damilola's parents sent him over here for a better life. They obviously didn't know the UK very well. That poor boy

RaRaRamona Guest
    So stupid. A freakin jacket. I hope they rot. I hope someone likes their prison garb & wants it...and takes it.

RaRaRamona Guest
    http://www.damilolataylortrust.org/

What a cute kid. I'm really sad.

TrueBlueAngel Guest
    They're more likely to take their dvds, TVs, playstations and any other luxuries my taxes pay for!

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueAngel View Post
    They're more likely to take their dvds, TVs, playstations and any other luxuries my taxes pay for!
    Whatever, as long as they resist.

Jazbabee Guest
    little piece of shit punk bastards !

endsleigh03 Guest
    How about picking on and robbing a little kid.
    Whatever they got, it won't be enough.

I just looked at RaRa's link.
    They were little kids too. Jesus.
    Last edited by endsleigh03; 03-19-2008 at 06:53 PM.

Lita Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueAngel View Post
    Kind of like in America. This used to be a big thing in America back in the late 80s, early 90s, kids were getting robbed of their shoes and jackets.

Damilola was a beautiful boy. I like his name, too. His poor family has to feel horrible.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lita View Post
    Kind of like in America. This used to be a big thing in America back in the late 80s, early 90s, kids were getting robbed of their shoes and jackets.
    Oh yes I remember that - the Jordans. Yuck & they were fugly shoes, too.

cherryghost Guest
    Very sad story I clearly remember reading about Damilola's murder and seeing his picture!

There is something about his very open face that is beautiful and poignant!

That is horrible , never heard of this story.

pksgigi, are you on a thread bump bummer?! You and I could use a night of darts and skee-ball to cheer ourselves up. First pitcher of beer is on me!
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

DrDeath Guest
    The whole nation struggled to get their heads around this. Such an innocent young boy and the filth that killed him is now free. His mother died a broken woman not long ago and never could get over it

Nelliebean Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDeath View Post
    The whole nation struggled to get their heads around this. Such an innocent young boy and the filth that killed him is now free. His mother died a broken woman not long ago and never could get over it
    When were the filth allowed to slither out of prison?

DrDeath Guest
    2010. However it was on licence (see below)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...COND-time.html

He's destined to stay there I hope. May as well keep him in there and cut out the middleman