Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 101 to 147 of 147

Thread: Melissa Etheridge

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    18,260
    I don't like Melissa at all. She is nothing but a serial cheater and has no respect for her partner's feelings when she decides to move on when someone more exciting comes along. She wanted to be married and have children, but now wants to claim it was a commitment ceremony and not legally binding. She needs to realize that all marriages do not last and part of the aftermath of a failed relationship that involves children is custody issues and child support, whether the partners are gay or straight. Melissa has plenty of money to make sure her children are properly cared for and she needs to quit being such a greedy, selfish bitch. She should quit having children with so many partners if she doesn't want to provide for them.

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,375
    Yeah, and so much for her going all out to support Gay marriages too. She now makes those fighting for them to be legal look bad.

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Big D, Texas
    Posts
    1,451
    Is it just me, or is she morphing into Al Lewis aka Grandpa.

    .
    Attached Images Attached Images

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    18,260
    Grandpa is waaaay more appealing!

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    2,266
    what a fucking bitch! (melissa). This girl stood by you when you were sick, had kids and you are being like this? WTF?? And see, saying they were not really married to suit her? blah blah? Really melissa?? ugh I could go on but I don't relay my feelings very well from brain to paper. I have totally lost any respect for her and will never support or buy anything of hers.

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    2,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Yeah, and so much for her going all out to support Gay marriages too. She now makes those fighting for them to be legal look bad.
    yes! So agreed! I wanted to say something like this in my comment,
    but couldn't word it right.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,010
    Quote Originally Posted by PiggyTx View Post
    what a fucking bitch! (melissa). This girl stood by you when you were sick, had kids and you are being like this? WTF?? And see, saying they were not really married to suit her? blah blah? Really melissa?? ugh I could go on but I don't relay my feelings very well from brain to paper. I have totally lost any respect for her and will never support or buy anything of hers.
    I couldn't have said it better. She should be ashamed of herself. All this over money. Her children will hate her for this.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    30,248
    Quote Originally Posted by havoc View Post
    Is it just me, or is she morphing into Al Lewis aka Grandpa.

    .
    She looks more like Grandmama from The Addams Family:
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Johnny Cashville
    Posts
    22,251
    Quote Originally Posted by coconn04 View Post
    Now Melissa is now saying that her and Tammy were never really married and the ceremony they had was a commitment ceremony.
    Well duh

    Tammy deserves to be taken care of & the kids deserve it too. Tammy was a cute up & coming actress who gave up everything to raise a family for this disrespectful, ungrateful hag. She really let herself go. But I don't blame her, bc she was happy & wanted to be a mom & wife. What a slap in the face.



    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    She now makes those fighting for them to be legal look bad.
    Agreed

    Quote Originally Posted by havoc View Post
    Is it just me, or is she morphing into Al Lewis aka Grandpa.

    .
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    Grandpa is waaaay more appealing!

    LOL!

    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    She looks more like Grandmama from The Addams Family:
    hahahahaaa!!

    You don't mess with friggin Dave Coulier click here to mess

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    4,006
    The feud between Tammy and Melissa continues.

    As part of their post split settlement, Melissa is obligated to pay Tammy $23,000 per month.
    In a cryptic poem Tammy claims her lack of funds might affect the Christmas presents she can buy her six-year-old twins with the singer, Johnnie Rose and Miller.
    She writes: 'Fascinating you know - secrets, they are.
    'People, places, things and accounts, houses, waived rights AND relationships, money - secrets are sick - a sign of an illness within - disease.
    'Playing games with money - phoney baloney - hide and seek - can you find the ball under the clam shell




    [SI








    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...#ixzz2GpewAMDH
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    Last edited by coconn04; 01-02-2013 at 07:39 AM.
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

    Edna St. Vincent Millay

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    1,226
    I used to be a fan of Melissa's way back when. I have her first 3 cds. After that they started sounding alike and I was over it. I saw her in concert back when Julie was pregnant with her first child. In Melissa's book she makes it sound like Julie just decided one day that she was never really gay and left her. Now after reading all this I'm thinking she left some details out. I didn't know about all this drama over the split with Tammy. I haven't paid any attention to her for years. My question is: Where is Julie and why does she not have the kids? Why was Tammy raising them? I thought Julie and Melissa had joint custody.

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    4,006
    This is odd because I am rather critical of Melissa Etheridge but I am agreeing with her on this.

    Etheridge Disagrees with Jolie Mastectomy

    By ANTOINETTE BUENO

    June 17, 2013

    Singer Melissa Etheridge, herself a breast cancer survivor, says that she feels "a little differently" about Angelina Jolie's overwhelmingly positively-received news that she decided to undergo a preventative double mastectomy.
    "I have that gene mutation too and it’s not something I would believe in for myself. I wouldn't call it the brave choice," Etheridge candidly tells the Washington Blade. "I actually think it's the most fearful choice you can make when confronting anything with cancer."

    She goes on to state her belief that cancer "comes from inside you," the "environment of your body" and that "it's the stress" that determines whether the gene will turn into cancer or not.
    http://www.etonline.com/news/135201_...omy/index.html
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

    Edna St. Vincent Millay

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Newburgh Indiana
    Posts
    6,653
    SO now Melissa Etheridge is a Dr and a gene scientist? I think she's just attention seeking. I don't care for her and how she did her ex and kids either. What a cunt.
    ​"I wish I could just hug you all, but I'm not gonna."

    ~Layne Staley


  14. #114
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    2,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy A. View Post
    SO now Melissa Etheridge is a Dr and a gene scientist? I think she's just attention seeking. I don't care for her and how she did her ex and kids either. What a cunt.
    same! me and my gf won't buy her cd's or support her in anyway. i wish ppl would stfu about how other ppl take care of themselves

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,385
    It is none of her business what another does to fight cancer. It isn't her body, and she isn't AJ's doctor. I doubt she'd appreciate the rest of us getting into her treatment and medical plan and deciding what is best for her, so why do it to someone else? AJ watched her mother suffer a slow death. She has kids and did the best for her.


  16. #116
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    9,017
    Ummm.... who gives a shit if it's the stress, environment, or a tuna sandwich ya had 4 years ago at some terribly questionable restaurant that causes the gene to turn. 87% is way off the charts and much too much of a risk. Melissa should be quiet.

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    4,006
    Most of us have some disease that could be activated by stress. This includes mental conditions. What's does one do in that case for prevention. Mariel Hemingway has a family suicide situation. She stresses yoga and nutrition.
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

    Edna St. Vincent Millay

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,854
    Ha! Once again.. The source.

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    13,009
    Get a Hitachi Magic Wand and masturbate until the stress melts away.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,375
    Melissa Etheridge is nothing but a has-been now...

  21. #121
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    916
    Maybe she should worry less about what others are doing for their own health and take care of her damn kids that she keeps having with a million different people. She really rubs me the wrong way, with her holier-than-thou attitude about "creating your reality" and all of her psycho-babble nonsense she got from "The Secret". As a supporter of gay rights and gay marriage I think she is setting the cause back years with her horrible relationships and lack of responsibility......just another lazy and cheap "baby-daddy" that doesn't want to pay the price after they screw up their marriage.

  22. #122
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,854
    It makes me sad. I used to really like her, now when I see her in the news for something, I know it's going to be an eye roller.

  23. #123
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    30,248
    Hope she chokes to death on a birkenstock.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

  24. #124
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    30,248
    Quote Originally Posted by coconn04 View Post
    This is odd because I am rather critical of Melissa Etheridge but I am agreeing with her on this.

    Etheridge Disagrees with Jolie Mastectomy

    By ANTOINETTE BUENO

    June 17, 2013

    Singer Melissa Etheridge, herself a breast cancer survivor, says that she feels "a little differently" about Angelina Jolie's overwhelmingly positively-received news that she decided to undergo a preventative double mastectomy.
    "I have that gene mutation too and it’s not something I would believe in for myself. I wouldn't call it the brave choice," Etheridge candidly tells the Washington Blade. "I actually think it's the most fearful choice you can make when confronting anything with cancer."

    She goes on to state her belief that cancer "comes from inside you," the "environment of your body" and that "it's the stress" that determines whether the gene will turn into cancer or not.
    http://www.etonline.com/news/135201_...omy/index.html
    Thats why you got breast cancer and Angelina wont you dumb weather beaten has been bitch.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

  25. #125
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    NoVa
    Posts
    2,581
    Yikes. Saying a person can control the appearance of cancer by limiting their stress level kinda spits in the face of, well, a lot of people who have gotten cancer. Pretty strong statement for an entertainer to make. Maybe she should just go take some vitamins with Tom Cruise and they can jostle their worries away by bouncing on couches together.
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

  26. #126
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    18,260
    Quote Originally Posted by MirrorDimly View Post
    Yikes. Saying a person can control the appearance of cancer by limiting their stress level kinda spits in the face of, well, a lot of people who have gotten cancer. Pretty strong statement for an entertainer to make. Maybe she should just go take some vitamins with Tom Cruise and they can jostle their worries away by bouncing on couches together.
    Yeah, and Suzanne Somers can mix them up some roots and berries concoction since it is so much more effective than mainstream cancer treatments. Charlie Sheen may even kick in some tiger blood.

  27. #127
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    5,995
    Wow. Never really cared about ME either way, don't like her music but really.... that is out there. I have had cancer twice, once when I was a carefree fun-loving 19 year old with a great attitude and not even the possible passing thought that I could even get cancer at that age... but I guess I somehow caused that myself. What a stupid bitch.


  28. #128
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    18,260
    There is a local two year old that has been fighting cancer since he was four months old. The entire community is touched by this little boy and he has been given multiple fundraisers to help his family continue to get his treatments and for expenses like gas, food, and having to miss work. I wonder what he did at four months old to bring this on himself?

  29. #129
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    5,995
    Someone give Melissa Etheridge the Nobel Prize for she has found the cause and assuming a cure of cancer. We all do it to ourselves. I guess if we all have a great internal environment and no stress (especially for those 4 month olds out there) there will be no more cancer. Yay!


  30. #130
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    18,260
    Maybe we should invite her to the "Dumb People Should Talk Less" thread.

  31. #131
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    8,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    Maybe we should invite her to the "Dumb People Should Talk Less" thread.
    I agree. Some people in the world need to shut the hell up.
    ??I??ve been very fortunate to play this long, been a part of a lot of good organizations, played with a lot of great players, so, it means a lot to me.? ~ Paul Martin on playing his 800th NHL game, December 2, 2016.

  32. #132
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dripping Springs, TX
    Posts
    412
    I thought that Melissa was automatically besties with whoever Brad Pitt's partner is...

    I'm so glad that others took as much umbrage at her comment as I did-it comes across as, "Just be happy, Angelina, and you won't get cancer, but if you do happen to get it, well, your family can watch you suffer through it because that's what families are for!" Good Lord. I assume that she thinks that Pierce Brosnan's wife, MIL, and daughter all gave themselves cancer, too.

  33. #133
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    4,006
    At the very least Melissa stopped supporting PETA when she got cancer treatments. Most cancer treatments involve the testing on animals and such. I know that Linda McCartney, who was also involved with animal rights, did get the cancer treatment but then left a lot of money for grants to cure cancer without animal testing. I haven't heard too much progress from her grants.
    Last edited by coconn04; 07-03-2013 at 06:46 AM.
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

    Edna St. Vincent Millay

  34. #134
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    NoVa
    Posts
    2,581
    Quote Originally Posted by coconn04 View Post
    At the very least Melissa stopped supporting PETA when she got cancer treatments. Most cancer treatments involve the testing on animals and such. I know that Linda McCartney, who was also involved with animal rights, did get the cancer treatment but then left a lot of money for grants to cure cancer without animal testing. I haven't heard too much progress from her grants.
    Not to veer too far OT, but the animal-testing issue (specifically any corporation's or medical-facilities' usage of that information) is a little more complex than meets the eye. Many companies that brag about not testing on animals, use and benefit from the research that was done by *other* companies who conducted testing on animals. Perhaps cancer treatments are a different realm, but just sayin'.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    There is a local two year old that has been fighting cancer since he was four months old. The entire community is touched by this little boy and he has been given multiple fundraisers to help his family continue to get his treatments and for expenses like gas, food, and having to miss work. I wonder what he did at four months old to bring this on himself?
    Musta been all that STRESS! After all, he cried multiple times each day, and kept on crapping his pants. If I had money to burn, I'd bet it all on the probability that Etheridge now regrets her cancer commentary...
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

  35. #135
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    4,006
    On another note Melissa has announced she was getting married again. This is aside from the gay marriage argument because Melissa has proven that she doesn't want to abide by alimony and child support that other divorce couples go through. I propose a different contract. Let us say a five year arrangement with a chance to Renew your contract if it works out. Why go through that sham with her again?
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

    Edna St. Vincent Millay

  36. #136
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    18,260
    Quote Originally Posted by MirrorDimly View Post
    Not to veer too far OT, but the animal-testing issue (specifically any corporation's or medical-facilities' usage of that information) is a little more complex than meets the eye. Many companies that brag about not testing on animals, use and benefit from the research that was done by *other* companies who conducted testing on animals. Perhaps cancer treatments are a different realm, but just sayin'.



    Musta been all that STRESS! After all, he cried multiple times each day, and kept on crapping his pants. If I had money to burn, I'd bet it all on the probability that Etheridge now regrets her cancer commentary...
    I agree that Etheridge likely regrets her remark, but only because of the backlash and yet more proof of what a blowhard, judgemental, selfish bitch she is, like there wasn't ample proof of that already.

  37. #137
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,375
    Whatever ME did to Tammie...she's going to do to her new wife. I'd run the other way if ME ever came on to me.

  38. #138
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Midland, Texas
    Posts
    2,728
    Tammy Lynn doesn't want the kids to go on tour with Mel because of pot and boobies.
    http://www.tmz.com/2013/07/12/meliss...-vaccinations/

  39. #139
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,375
    Quote Originally Posted by michihunt View Post
    Tammy Lynn doesn't want the kids to go on tour with Mel because of pot and boobies.
    http://www.tmz.com/2013/07/12/meliss...-vaccinations/
    I can't believe that Melissa (who looks like an old bag now) would be titilating enough to a groupie to toss their shirts and bra on stage. It's not like she's Steve Tyler or Mick Jagger - altho she's starting to look like them. Must be some hard-up, hard-core fans on her tours...ugh.

  40. #140
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Newark, California
    Posts
    426
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    I can't believe that Melissa (who looks like an old bag now) would be titilating enough to a groupie to toss their shirts and bra on stage. It's not like she's Steve Tyler or Mick Jagger - altho she's starting to look like them. Must be some hard-up, hard-core fans on her tours...ugh.
    I don't get it, either. She looks like she's 70.
    "Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I talk."

    Nick Naylor

  41. #141
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    916
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Whatever ME did to Tammie...she's going to do to her new wife. I'd run the other way if ME ever came on to me.
    Amen! Everyone always thinks "it will be different this time" "they have really changed" "Her ex was a terrible person, she will never treat me that way" ..... riiiighhhhttt

  42. #142
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    30,248
    Quote Originally Posted by dcg76 View Post
    I don't get it, either. She looks like she's 70.
    Poor thing - shes never experienced the gentle caress of a moisturizer.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

  43. #143
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,375
    In case anyone gives a shit...looks like Mel's new "wife" hasn't brushed up on Mel's "history".

    http://www.etonline.com/news/147002_...lem/index.html

  44. #144
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,346
    Sad to hear about her son's death.(because of drugs)
    David Crosby was the sperm donor.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

  45. #145
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Southern Indiana
    Posts
    3,940
    Very sad to lose a child at that young age. And drugs. Well......I am a David Crosby fan but I'm not sure I would want him as a sperm donar. I think Beckett's sister also belongs to Crosby.

  46. #146
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,221
    Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    Sad to hear about her son's death.(because of drugs)
    David Crosby was the sperm donor.
    Someone posted about whether Neil, Steven or Graham got or would get in touch and he answered back that he doubted it.

  47. #147
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,375
    Quote Originally Posted by Leasie View Post
    Very sad to lose a child at that young age. And drugs. Well......I am a David Crosby fan but I'm not sure I would want him as a sperm donar. I think Beckett's sister also belongs to Crosby.
    Yes, Beckett and Bailey are both from Crosby. Thankfully those kids came out looking more like their mother Julie...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •