Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst ... 234561353 ... LastLast

Thread: Kurt Cobain

Jack Raines Guest
    Recently it came out that Courtney Love has said that she wants actor Ryan Gosling to portray Kurt in an upcoming movie she is executive producing (based upon the Kurt bio Heavier Than Heaven), and Courtney wants Scarlett Johansson to portray her. (Source NME)

Personally, I don't think Ryan Gosling is a very good choice to portray Kurt and Scarlett isn't nearly ugly/skanky enough to play Courtney Love.

cherryghost Guest
    Actually Ms Spears would make a great courtney Love!

I take it whoever plays Courtney will be run over by a bus a few times and given a full frontal lobotomy to get them into character.

Quote Originally Posted by W Axl Rose View Post
    I take it whoever plays Courtney will be run over by a bus a few times and given a full frontal lobotomy to get them into character.
    Gee, thanks, Axl...

You just made me spit my coffee out all over my monitor! Gotta love the quick wit!
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

cherryghost Guest
    Britany is almost ready for her closeup then!

tigerlily Guest
    What an idiot Courteney is. My God. Ryan GOSLING and Scarlet JOHHANSEN? You can tell she's totally fallen in love with the glamour and artificiality of the Hollywood machine - something it seems to me Kurt would have hated. It sounds like she wants to turn his biopic into a pretty, glossy, glamorous 90210 type of thing. Poor Kurt. He must be rolling in his grave.

Mamma Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Raines View Post
    Personally, I don't think Ryan Gosling is a very good choice to portray Kurt and Scarlett isn't nearly ugly/skanky enough to play Courtney Love.
    Oh, I hear you you, believe me! But if a lovely Charlize Theron can portay a worn, aging, angry, almost overweight Aileen Wournos and win an Oscar for it? Johansen just might be anle to pull it off with Courtney. However, one fact remains when it comes to audiences (like me) . The storyline has to be one of fascinating content, enough to capture and hold a viewing audience. Charlize Theron did just that with Aileen and much of her life story. Fasinating, degrading, intriguing all rolled up into one film.

But Courtney Love? I just don't find her life that fascinating to even make a film about her to begin with. But that's just me.

There's a way around not being able to reach a rifle's trigger. You hold the gun in one hand, and use something long--a ruler, a stick, whatever--to pull the trigger.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

stinkythejokedog Guest
    Please stop with the conspiracy theories...do you honestly think Courtney Love could pull this off...she'd a loud mouth junkie who couldn't keep a secret to save her life

tuesdays_jupiter Guest
    suicide, murder, cover up, who really knows? Does any of it change the fact that the man is dead and left his child to be raised by a less than stable parent?

Grungegirl83 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dentists View Post
    I had one photo of his dead body.
    It creeped me out so I deleted it now I'd like to view again and can't!
    It was definitely NOT the pic floating around with the bloody stump that was once a head (not him).
    The photo I had was stolen and the guy who had it (among other things) was arrested back a few years ago.
    Anyway, from what I remembered of the photo it was decent quality and without a doubt not faked.
    His head was actually ok looking but his mouth was gaping open and his eyes were open and it was scary-he looked exactly like a mannequin, he was lying on the floor and the pic was black & white, kinda looked like a scanned polaroid.
    Anyways, I was hoping to see it again.
    Anybody know?
    Can I bump this comment?

Jack Raines Guest
    I just recently read some of "Heavier Than Heaven" again, and although I think alot of it is fiction, there's some interesting information about Kurt's memorial services and what happened to Kurt's ashes after he died...

There were 2 wakes after the initial memorial service. One was held by Nirvana bassist Krist Novoselic & his then-wife Shelli, and the other was held by Courtney Love. Courtney was actually late to the wake at her house, supposedly because she had been at a candlelight vigil, where she handed out Kurt's clothes to some fans.

Courtney received Kurt's ashes about a week later. She took a handful of the ashes and buried them under a willow tree in front of their house. She put the rest in a teddy bear backpack, and went to the Namgyal Buddhist Monastary in Ithaca, New York where the monks blessed the ashes and used a portion to make a tsatsa memorial sculpture.

The majority of Kurt's ashes sat in the urn in their Lake Washington home until 1997, when Courtney moved out.

On May 31, 1999 Kurt's mom Wendy had a memorial service for Kurt at the $400,000 house Courtney had "bought" for her in Olympia, WA. Kurt's long-time girlfriend Tracy Marander was amongst those in attendance.

At this service, as a Buddhist monk chanted, Frances Bean spread Kurt's ashes into McLane Creek, which was behind Wendy's house.

Courtney and Kurt's mom Wendy had a falling out, and Courtney stopped making payments on Wendy's house and it had to be re-sold. From what I understand, since it was one of Kurt's final resting places, it was in pretty big demand. http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...rodeur06m.html

RaRaRamona Guest
    That's terrible of her to sop payments. Especially since her supposed love was um partly buried there.

cachluv Guest
    On a separate note, Wendy was not the best of mothers. While not abusive, she didn't exactly place him above anyone else while he was a little kid. While there is no excuse on this planet EVER for even the existence of Courtney Love, I cannot feel bad for his Mom. I know they were at peace with each other and towards the end of his life they got along well and were important to each other. He forgave her. But I can't feel sorry for her at all. She completely fucked him up.

Jack Raines Guest
    I've been meaning to post this too:

Courtney recently posted (and quickly removed) a message on her blog claiming that she once witnessed Kurt's friend Buzz Osbourne (The Melvins lead singer) try to kill Kurt with a "hot shot" (fatal dose) of heroin.

Courtney Love claims she stopped Buzz Osborne from knowingly giving Kurt Cobain a "hot shot", or a lethal injection of heroin. She revealed this while blogging about why she doesn't like Kim Gordon. Both Gordon and Osborne were close friends with Cobain, and to date Gordon is the only one of his friends who has publicly stated she believes he was murdered. Love wrote this on her website (spelling errors have been corrected):

"i'm going to be nice to Kim Gordon after she's gone out of her way to appear in a film she knew was nonsense, or to add fuel to the fire by saying someting snarky about Buzz Melvins conspiracy theory (oh is that why i had to bust him giving a hotshot to my husband- black tar filled all the way to the top of the syringe? i grabbed it and threw 3/4 down the sink. this was new pure SF “persian” heroin and he'd have been dead so the nerve of him- esp if you read HTH and see the way Buzz bullied and harangued his buttboy, Kurt, who tried to pay him back and all he got for his trouble was negativity and being told everyday he was a sell out little bitch) in the NME. but i saw her shopping in noho one day and thought we smiled pleasantly at each other- maybe it was a spider fly situation, maybe she feels this need to put on this persona because i embarrassed her in lollapalooza (everyone would leave after my set) but i gave them that slot, demanded they have headlining which afforded them 3-5 million in revenue, and they weren't even nice to me- am i grudgey about Kim Gordon? well i don't wanna see her this morning but i wouldn't really do much but probably avoid her and pray for her happiness so she wasnt so damned miserable if i did"

She then went on to say "sorry to share about the hotshot, but i saw the look in the guys face as he was slapping the arm"

Source: http://community.livejournal.com/ohn.../10375456.html

cachluv Guest
    She may be telling the truth. Unfortunately, we'll likely never know.

Courtney Love could set me on fire, tell me I was on fire and my hot burning ass wouldn't believe her. I could be smelling my own bacon and I'd just shake my head at her.

That's a shame too. She has quite apparently quit using drugs. And that shit is NOT easy. I would like to admire her for it, I just can't muster it.
    Last edited by cachluv; 02-03-2008 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HippieMama View Post
    I saw a documentary once that said the length of the shotgun used to kill him compared to the length of his arm determined that there was no possibility that he could have shot himself . . . the gun was too long for him to hold and fire on himself. And remember that suicide note? It was really a song he was writing, none of it was written like a suicide note except for the last part that was scrawled in a different pen and what seems to be a different hand.

Yeh, I read about all that as well!

NOVSTORM Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. K View Post
    I'm still annoyed by my friends who have apparently stayed stuck in our post-high school days.

"She MURDERED him! We ALL know it!" No, she did NOT murder him. He committed suicide. I thought he committed suicide back then, I still think he committed suicide now, but my stoner-grunge friends from back in the day still insist that Courtney murdered him.

Kurt had some serious problems. No doubt about that. And he MEANT to kill himself. One does NOT put a shotgun under one's chin and pull the trigger as a cry for help. No, that's a swan song, thanks.

No kidding, He was crazier than is. A neighbor did the same thing and pulled the trigger with her toe. There was no murder and I feel bad for Courtney she still sleepis in his pajamas. She loved him and is still taking the fall for some guy that wanted to die and offed himself. He had tried suicide before he met her. Why is there always a conspiracy when some one kills them,selves.?

cachluv Guest
    "Why is there always a conspiracy when some one kills them,selves.?"

---Where there is suspicious circumstance and suspicious surroundings, you will find suspicious minds. Please don't reduce this whole situation down to exxageration and paranoia.

It's often annoying when others don't think the same way we think. But it's also a fact that we won't all think alike. It doesn't matter if it's annoying or not, it's a fact.

cherryghost Guest
    Is there anyone in Courtney's life she hasnt had a falling out with? (Francis is so far exempt)

Grungegirl83 Guest
    Ryan Gosling? No Kurt was more handsome then him.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Do any of you think Courtney killed Kristen?

cachluv Guest
    I believe she was involved. To what extent, we'll never know but IMO she initiated both. She didn't kill Kurt Cobain, nor did she kill Kirsten Pfaff (IMO) but she was directly involved.

I'll always doubt suicide on either count only because of the shoddy investigations if you can even call them that. I would doubt ANY conclusion where the investigations behind a stack of fishy circumstances and facts were poor. I'm not convinced she initiated these things, and I would like to say I'm sure either way or the other. I don't think it's unreasonable to want a decent review to be done when people are found dead.

RebelRocker Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KMKSouthie2001 View Post
    As a long-time Nirvana fan, convinced that in some way or another, Courtney was involved in Kurt's death--- I am absolutely floored. I have never, ever, in all my years of research, EVER seen that picture of Kurt until now. Upon looking at the iconic photo of Kurt's death scene (the view through the greenhouse door, police investigator crouching next to the body of Kurt-- arm and leg visible) one can confirm with almost 100% certainty that this photo is legit. The flooring, position of Kurt's right arm, and the shirt he's wearing all match the iconic photo. Jesus. I'm still in shock. Thanks for posting the pic though, as they years go by guerilla investigation seems to be paying off more and more. Now if only we can get an insider to snoop through the files of the King County Sheriff's office, THEN we'll start to see the truth come to light.

Furthermore, to refute speculation that the photo is fake-- the shotgun Kurt used was not a very powerful rifle. He purchased it more for protection than anything, the selling point being that it is not even powerful enough to make the bullet penetrate a wall. This explains why there no gore. There are also a number of websites that can back up this evidence, FAD being one of them (if my memory is correct), others being:
    http://www.justiceforkurt.com/
    http://www.cobaincase.com/
    http://www.kcwm.com/
    http://www.anomalies-unlimited.com/Death/Cobain.html
    http://www.sshep.com/kurtnew.htm

Quote Originally Posted by NOVSTORM View Post
    Why is there always a conspiracy when some one kills them,selves.?
    Because loved ones and fans do not want to accept that this person took their own life. Our self-preservation instinct is too strong to comprehend that someone would intentionally kill themselves. Our guilt is too overpowering for us believe that they were in literal hell on earth and we didn't (couldn't) help. So we have to come up with the conspiracy theory to make ourselves feel better.

And to sell books and movies...

This is all my opinion and just my 2 cents.

BTW - I believe Love killed Cobain. I don't know if she pulled the trigger, had someone else to do it, or just nastied him to the point of killing himself to get out of that situation. But if I had to wake up next to her everyday, I'd kill myself, too.
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

cachluv Guest
    "Because loved ones and fans do not want to accept that this person took their own life. Our self-preservation instinct is too strong to comprehend that someone would intentionally kill themselves. Our guilt is too overpowering for us believe that they were in literal hell on earth and we didn't (couldn't) help. So we have to come up with the conspiracy theory to make ourselves feel better."

Q. If this is the case then why isn't there a conspiracy theory behind every celebrity suicide?

A. Because it's not the case. No harm meant but it's not appreciated when people wave their little hands and dismiss other people's opinions down to overreaction and a complex conspiracy theory based on grief and denial. These aren't people from our personal lives. We aren't so broken up over their demise that the only way to go on is to imagine and assert some fantasy scenario. There was some fishy shit behind his death. There isn't always fishy shit involved when a celebrity commits suicide. There is a difference.
    Last edited by cachluv; 02-06-2008 at 07:35 PM.

knothere Guest
    i liked his music n i love the foo fighters
    but im not obsessed / grief striken
    but after i looked on the net ya i think she offed him or got someone to
    its just an opinion

Jack Raines Guest
    A good interview where Kurt talks about his drug use and more (in 2 parts):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVwSmG3eYBw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FVbMRhYL4Y

Haliebugg Guest
    I don't know. It seems so easy to disect a suicide and try to find blame where we can. Suicide is harder than anything to accept because we feel failure in ourselves for not seeing the signs before it happened. And Kurt Cobain is no exception. He was at the top of his game, he was a heroin junkie and depressed. And then he was gone.

And why was Courtney paying for the mother-in-law's house? Why was Courtney obligated to pay for a house for a mother who was so awful to her son? I wouldn't have. I would have told the bitch to pay for her own damn house!

And although I don't care much for Courtney Love's public behavior or her parental skills...she did love him or have some form of love for him. I'm sorry we lost such a talented and gifted human being. I'm sorry Francis has to grow up without a dad and a mother who's at least 4 cans short of a six pack.

Flowergrrl Guest
    This pic is supposedly Kurt's body after he died, but it looks really fake to me (its not gory at all, and it shows his head):

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b8...ium05/0791.gif
    Thanks for posting that. In comparing actual crime scene photos with that it looks as though it could be real. Especially with the creepy floor pattern. And I know it's been said but, I'll say it again... A gunshot wound to the head does not necessarily make a mess. There was another man who committed suicide on film and the only thing you could see was blood pouring from his nose and mouth.

I've always attributed that the change in handwriting could be a result of... He could have started writing the letter and as time passed he did more and more drugs and near the end wrote his last notes and THAT could have been why there was a change in handwriting.

The doors being locked... Easy, what way to make it look more like a suicide than to give the appearance that he had locked himself in the room.

But then there's the question about who would have known his location to do it... He was supposed to be in a drug-rehab facility in California(?) at the time, not in Washington.

There have been stories that he wanted or was going to leave her.

His suicide attempt/OD(?) a month before... She could have done it. She would want him to look suicidal so then his future death would look like suicide instead of a homicide.

Oh and yeah, the gun shell... Being on the wrong side. Totally weird.

I don't think there will ever be an answer as to what happened.

RaRaRamona Guest
    I think there is an answer, some people just don't like it.

cachluv Guest
    A statement does not an answer make.

The cops called it in from the scene as a suicide. They were resigned from the start that it was a suicide. The police work was so shoddy, how can anyone believe anything that was said?

Jack Raines Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cachluv View Post
    A statement does not an answer make.

The cops called it in from the scene as a suicide. They were resigned from the start that it was a suicide. The police work was so shoddy, how can anyone believe anything that was said?

The medical examiner, Dr. Nikolas Hartshorne insisted Cobain died from a self-inflicted shotgun wound. He was interviewed in 2000 for a VH1 Confidential story on the theories. Hartshorne was adamant that Kurt's death was "an open and shut case of suicide". "Kurt died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head. I have no doubt in my mind, not one shred of doubt, that this is in fact a suicide." he said.

However, Hartshorne's credibility has been questioned due to a conflict of interest. He knew Cobain and Love personally. Hartshorne booked shows in Seattle in the late 80s. He was also a "party friend" of Courtney Love.

During a 1996 lecture by the authors of Who Killed Kurt Cobain? in Montreal, they showed video taped interviews of Hartshorne admitting he and Love were friends. Hartshorne left Seattle shortly after Kurt's death.

Hartshorne died August 6, 2002 after a base jump gone wrong in Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland. Adding to the deaths of people associated with the Cobain case...

RaRaRamona Guest
    Uh oh Courtney killed him. She's a sly little minx.

KarmaKat Guest
    OK just a little food for thought.
    *In some cases of suicide the person seems really happy and calm before the event as they know they have found a way out.
    *As was said has hand writing could have changed because of the amount of drugs he had taken. (Ever looked at something you have writen after a few drinks lol)
    *Also (My theory) that it was simply a drug hook up gone wrong. Maybe the person he meet up with after escaping ReHab was famous as well. Kurts tolerance was down and he did infact die of an accidental overdose. No wanting a scandal it was made to look like a Suicide. Maybe Courtney's only involvelent was simply being informed what had happened and how the clean up (Or more acurately Cover Up) was done.
    Anyway NIRVANA will live forever!!!!!

Jack Raines Guest
    With all of the rare pics in the Layne Staley thread, I thought it was only fair to share a few somewhat rare Kurt Cobain pics...

Kurt and his ex-girlfriend Tracy Marander (she inspired the song "About A Girl"):

Kurt, Tracy, and Kurt's half-sister Brianne (from Christmas 1988):

Kurt on a go-kart:
    Last edited by Jack Raines; 02-20-2008 at 12:05 AM.

Jack Raines Guest
    Kurt & Courtney with Dave Grohl at their wedding:

Kurt putting his foot down on Courtney's head:

Kurt, his mom, and his half-sister with Frances Bean:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kcfan0116932.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	15.7 KB 
ID:	3775   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GroupKurtGreenShirt.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	27.2 KB 
ID:	3776   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GroupKurtGreenShirt2.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	182.0 KB 
ID:	3777   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	withPat.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	3778  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boardgame.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	31.8 KB 
ID:	3779  

cherryghost Guest
    Wow great photos, most I have not seen thanks!

RaRaRamona Guest
    Those are great.

Grungegirl83 Guest
    awe kurt, he was so beautiful. I miss him.

There is a theory at the Cobain's board that his friend saw him Od in the bedroom, so he took him to the greenhouse and shot him to cover it up.

I'm not sure what I believe but I do think that he didn't kill himself.

Flowergrrl Guest
    Kurt was so f'n hot. Thanks Jack for those pics!!

**Jenna** Guest
    His mom looks young and pretty and his girlfriend too. Not to be mean but what happened to her and how did Kurt end up with Courtney?

RaRaRamona Guest
    I know he was married when he set up with her but I don't know how they met. Or was it her that was married?
    Last edited by RaRaRamona; 02-20-2008 at 04:38 PM.

Grungegirl83 Guest
    Neither of them were married when they met. Courtney was married to some dude musician for a year in 89. They met in the late 80's at a show, but didn't start dating until she convinced a record company to pay for her plane ticket to where Nirvana was playing, but she intended to sleep with Billy Corgan(ew), and ended up at the Nirvana show. She knew what she was doing, she saw her cash cow(kurt) and pursued him.

Jack Raines Guest
    Glad you enjoyed the other pics, here's a few more...

Kurt's Childhood Portrait:

Wendy, Kim, Kurt, and Donald Cobain Family Portrait

A fairly recent photo of Kim, Wendy , and Brianne:

Brianne dated Ozzy Osbourne's son Jack a few years ago, she was on an episode of The Osbournes...

Name:	charliebrownshirt.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	19.4 KB 
ID:	3831  
    Last edited by Jack Raines; 02-20-2008 at 09:27 PM.

leevancleef Guest
    What a cutie!! Thanks for the pics....
    i was listening to SOMETHING IN THE WAY yesterday...i really like this song, it sounds very biographical.

Jack Raines Guest
    More rare Kurt pics...

Goofing off with Krist and Dave:

Name:	sims07.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	84.4 KB 
ID:	4123   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gullick03.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	4124   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gun7.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	342.6 KB 
ID:	4125   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	19.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	322.4 KB 
ID:	4126  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	olympia_16.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	176.4 KB 
ID:	4127  
    Last edited by Jack Raines; 03-01-2008 at 03:32 AM.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Nice ones, thanks.

Cadence71 Guest
    I agree totally with the fact that she has never remarried...it would definitely hinder her "career" as the Widow Cobain. What a wretch. makes you wonder how Kurt's life would have differed if he'd married someone else. She's just toxic.

I saw some photos of Frances recently - a fashion-type photo shoot - she looks so much like him it's weird. Beautiful girl.

Flowergrrl Guest
    Thank you Jack for the pictures!! I think this one is my favorite. Haha.

Kurt putting his foot down on Courtney's head: