Page 48 of 56 FirstFirst ... 394647484950 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,400 of 2790

Thread: Kurt Cobain

20 years....it's hard to believe. 20 years went by so fast.
    RIP Kurt
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cobain-02.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	50394 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cobain-01.png 
Views:	17 
Size:	250.7 KB 
ID:	50395 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cobain-04.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	26.0 KB 
ID:	50396 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cobain-03.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	50397
    [SIGPIC]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c389/Zoe_Zeppelin/Zepsig1.jpg[/SIGPIC]

April 5th sucks.

Name:	cobain-staley-05.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	23.9 KB 
ID:	50398Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cobain-staley-07.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	18.2 KB 
ID:	50399Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cobain-staley-02.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	25.9 KB 
ID:	50400
    [SIGPIC]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c389/Zoe_Zeppelin/Zepsig1.jpg[/SIGPIC]

R.I.P. He looks like a kid to me now *sigh*

20 Years blimey the years have just flew, doesn't seem that long ago we heard of Kurt's passing Sleep peacefully Kurt x

Foguka Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Squishy View Post
    R.I.P. He looks like a kid to me now *sigh*
    Thats the weirdest hey. I was only a little kid when he died, found nirvana when I was a teenager and it was almost 8 years after the fact. Now I'm older than he ever got to be and it's just such a bummer.

RIP Kurt. Hope you're at peace with your demons now.

Wendy A. Guest
    It's so hard to believe it's been 20 yrs.

I haven't seen much about Courtney in the news lately, but she was sober for a time. I'm sure she'll use the anniversary as an excuse to get fucked up, if she hasn't already.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

RebelRocker Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    I haven't seen much about Courtney in the news lately, but she was sober for a time. I'm sure she'll use the anniversary as an excuse to get fucked up, if she hasn't already.

nah you just havent looked in the right spots. she is in the news. she was talking about her and frances greenlighting a nirvana musicial. that was on april 1 so i dont know how much truth there is to that but me personally i hope its not true.

MarilynMonroeFan Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RebelRocker View Post
    nah you just havent looked in the right spots. she is in the news. she was talking about her and frances greenlighting a nirvana musicial. that was on april 1 so i dont know how much truth there is to that but me personally i hope its not true.
    Dear God please do not let that happen! What is she gonna do..play all the parts? That bitch is so full of herself! I thought Frances doesn't talk to her mom? Did she let her back into her life? Wasn't she living with one of Kurt's relatives?

RebelRocker Guest
    Frances has a permanent restraining order against her mom, so i have no clue have they are communicating. I know they chat thru twitter but its possible they are talking through lawyers. frances lives on her own now, she was staying with kurts mother wendy.

desertangel Guest
    I was so consumed yesterday with my social media KC blitz I forgot to stop by and "light a candle" with my fellow fans. Mia Culpa. I downloaded 20 pics of Kurt and tweeted 4 every hour with lyrics and hashtag RIP Kurt Cobain. I picked up a couple folliwers too. Whoot! I cannot believe its been 20 yrs. it was SUCH a different world then. I still have my original cherry red 2 eye Doc Martens in the yellow box that I wore with long floral print dresses and jean jacket with backpack. I miss that sh*t - going to La Luna and Satirycon back then was hella fun!

I remember my favorite "grungewear" was a floral print flannel granny nightie that I cut off at the knees, worn over jeans, and a pair of Chucks. I think my whole wardrobe back then was under a hundred bucks. Most of my t-shirts were stolen from boyfriends. One thing I still regret to this day was being too stoned to join the Navy.

I posted about the musical on this thread (No. 2344) but I didn't think she was loaded (could be wrong though). Sad to say, but if she's straight now, its probably just a matter of time.
    Minerva

lovemymonkey Guest
    I posted about the musical on this thread (No. 2344) but I didn't think she was loaded (could be wrong though). Sad to say, but if she's straight now, its probably just a matter of time.
    Please no. Just no. Ugg.

RebelRocker Guest

sorry i meant on the news media sites. spin had an article and i think rolling stone. she was talking about hole reuniting. i will believe that when i see it.

sorry i meant on the news media sites. spin had an article and i think rolling stone. she was talking about hole reuniting. i will believe that when i see it.
    OMG no, not the return of Hole! I don't think she's got enough money to bribe the rest of the band to work with her again. LOL
    Minerva

RebelRocker Guest
    I dont know how much ass kissing she did but it must be alot. From my understanding, eric felt really betrayed when courtney put out music under the hole name since she didnt do so well under her own name.

It's been 20 years since, and I was wandering around Target, I found a Nirvana smiley face t shirt and had to get it. Holy shit! In Target! I remember paying around 30 bucks at Musicland for the same shirt back in the day!

Katrinawitch Guest
    OMG no, not the return of Hole! I don't think she's got enough money to bribe the rest of the band to work with her again. LOL
    There can't be many of them left! I know two died from drug overdoses. I will admit, though, that I kinda like Hole. I have several of their songs on my iPod.

RebelRocker Guest
    musicland, omg, that brings back some good memories. they were around until rasputin came to the bay area.

Quote Originally Posted by Katrinawitch View Post
    There can't be many of them left! I know two died from drug overdoses. I will admit, though, that I kinda like Hole. I have several of their songs on my iPod.

its the Hole from the celebrity skin lineup. kristen overdosed but i dont know about a second one. maybe it was someone from the pretty on the inside era.

Another article popped up with two more pics, if anyone hasn't seen them yet. Box of shotgun shells by his foot, and a very partial corpse shot. I wonder, what kind of watch is that?
    http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.1744225

it was a freebie from a seattle car dealer.
    courtney gave it to kat bjelland.
    I couldn't post til now....this whole week sucks....and just wasn't up to it.
    anyway, any one catch krist and dave on jimmy fallon? awesome....some laughter, some sadness...they brought up kurt
    several times.....
    tomorrow is the induction......i wonder what will come about there? I heard frances is going to be there!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mmm.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	31.7 KB 
ID:	50459Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_n3jh2cyZdL1t0kbflo1_500.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	79.7 KB 
ID:	50460Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vvvvv.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	39.6 KB 
ID:	50461
    "if you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first" Kurt Cobain

[SIGPIC] http://phineas4cobain.tumblr.com/post/36392280360 [/SIGPIC]

The BIG rumour doing the rounds at the moment is that Joan Jett will be singing 'smells like teen spirit' with the remaining members of the band at their upcoming induction into the rock n roll hall of fame.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

That could be a good thing! I love Joan Jett! I hope Frances shows, and Courtney doesn't start her shit.

I read that the R&R H.O.F. won't be aired, but can be followed here:

http://www.cleveland.com/music/index...ame_201_8.html
    Last edited by Squishy; 04-10-2014 at 04:03 PM.

Soul One Guest
    Kurt's mom and sister were at the Hall of Fame tonight. Really nice that they were invited.

Name:	483898909.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	154.0 KB 
ID:	50466Click image for larger version. 

Name:	483898911.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	160.2 KB 
ID:	50467Click image for larger version. 

Name:	483951805.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	143.6 KB 
ID:	50468
    Courtney also ended up hugging Krist and Dave, so that was pretty interesting. Think I heard some boos when she got up to the microphone! Hahah.

That could be a good thing! I love Joan Jett! I hope Frances shows, and Courtney doesn't start her shit.

I read that the R&R H.O.F. won't be aired, but can be followed here:

http://www.cleveland.com/music/index...ame_201_8.html
    It's going to air on HBO at the end of May but there is some cell phone footage on YOUTUBE already. Here's the performance and another.
    Last edited by Jason; 04-11-2014 at 07:40 AM.

Well it looks like Courtney showed up at the Rock 'N Roll induction ceremony, but Francis Bean did not. At least there was nothing inappropriate done. The article I'm linking to has a photo of her and she may be "on" something. Maybe one of you can opine on that. She's definitely got what looks like a beer gut. The article talks about her having more and more money problems.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...judgement.html
    Minerva

RebelRocker Guest
    courtney has always had money troubles. nothing new. thats why she sold a percentage of nirvana's catalog a few years back.

desertangel Guest
    So bummed couldnt watch it and dont have HBO. Well Dave has enough class to not stop the PDA. If they were in a more private setting would the reaction be the same? CLs gown is a tad gawdy. Did she sell off the Nirvana songs to fund her fledgling couture label? Dont think anyone has ever seen any actual clothing for sale out of that. No Tweets from FB either? Dave and Krist were classy on Fallon. Yes, Kurt shoukd have been there... damn him anyway! I hope he found peace.

Well it looks like Courtney showed up at the Rock 'N Roll induction ceremony, but Francis Bean did not. At least there was nothing inappropriate done. The article I'm linking to has a photo of her and she may be "on" something. Maybe one of you can opine on that. She's definitely got what looks like a beer gut. The article talks about her having more and more money problems.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...judgement.html
    *sigh* I said before, maybe Xanax or something prescribed. I had a good laugh at the huggy photos! The look on Wendy's face when Courtney was hugging Dave, and the look on Dave's face when Courtney was hugging Wendy. I wonder if Krist and Dave were talking with Wendy before they took the stage. I know there was bad blood between Courtney and Wendy sometime back over Frances. Now, Frances was a no-show after talk that she was supposed to be there, with or without Courtney, but Wendy, Kimberley, and Brianne were a surprise. Is there bad blood between Frances and Kurt's family?

-but then, who the hell knows...
    Last edited by Squishy; 04-11-2014 at 10:46 PM.

She doesnt look like shes on anything. I'd kill to have her "beer gut". The author and editor of the "article" are probably on xanax though:
    She dazzled in a pink floor-lenth gown at the Rock And Role Hall Of Fame induction on Thursday night.

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    She doesnt look like shes on anything. I'd kill to have her "beer gut". The author and editor of the "article" are probably on xanax though:

heh heh! Good eye!

Aww doesn't Dave look so thrilled

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	50487

(Hopes text has conveyed sufficient sarcasm)

I am satisfied there wasn't a brawl!
    courtney said that frances was coming....not frances.
    then frrances was "ILL"...no she wasn't
    she was at coachella.
    with isaiah.
    and she looked just FINE..
    now HIM.....he's a mess. a kurt wannabe.....he's going to be 30 next year. get over it and grow upClick image for larger version. 

Name:	fbc coachella.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	57.8 KB 
ID:	50500Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fbc coachella1.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	182.2 KB 
ID:	50501Click image for larger version. 

Name:	41114nirvana2.jpeg 
Views:	43 
Size:	112.3 KB 
ID:	50502Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_n3g2889PGg1qlmexno1_500.png 
Views:	38 
Size:	392.0 KB 
ID:	50503
    "if you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first" Kurt Cobain

OMG! Did he pack on a few pounds! I don't know what to make of Frances not showing up to her father' induction ceremony. The girl confuses me. First she claims she doesn't want to be in the public eye at all, but then she blows up Twitter with pics and such, the whole modelling thing, engaged to a guy in a band. I get the feeling she puts up a front that she is ashamed of who her parents are. She complains about stomach ailments (like her father had) but puts it up on Twitter for all to see. With the HOF, maybe she wasn't sick, maybe she wasn't feuding with anyone, maybe she just had better things to and didn't want to be bothered. She IS Courtney's daughter after all. Just speculatin'

OMG! Did he pack on a few pounds! I don't know what to make of Frances not showing up to her father' induction ceremony. The girl confuses me. First she claims she doesn't want to be in the public eye at all, but then she blows up Twitter with pics and such, the whole modelling thing, engaged to a guy in a band. I get the feeling she puts up a front that she is ashamed of who her parents are. She complains about stomach ailments (like her father had) but puts it up on Twitter for all to see. With the HOF, maybe she wasn't sick, maybe she wasn't feuding with anyone, maybe she just had better things to and didn't want to be bothered. She IS Courtney's daughter after all. Just speculatin'
    Totally agree Squishy. This girl confounds me. I usually just ignore stories about her. After all, she really hasn't done anything to warrant being in the news anyway.
    Minerva

Blonde Guest
    I think Frances bailed so she wouldn't have to see her mother.

Regardless of her reason, I think it's shitty that she didn't show. This was not about her, this was one of the highest honors/tributes a band can get and she didn't wanna miss Coachella? She would not have had to say anything, just her presence alone would have been enough. Selfish...
    My Posse's On Broadway

On one hand I can see the selfishness here but on the other I see where she doesn't owe anything to her father. He sorta ditched out on every event she will ever live through.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

Quote Originally Posted by Shejay View Post
    Regardless of her reason, I think it's shitty that she didn't show. This was not about her, this was one of the highest honors/tributes a band can get and she didn't wanna miss Coachella? She would not have had to say anything, just her presence alone would have been enough. Selfish...
    Quote Originally Posted by McMorbid View Post
    On one hand I can see the selfishness here but on the other I see where she doesn't owe anything to her father. He sorta ditched out on every event she will ever live through.
    I totally agree with both of you! She could have gone and said "Thanks for all the big bucks I inherited from you, Dad! Gee whiz, I missed Coachella to come here this evening, but if it wasn't for my Dad, I wouldn't be able to afford Coachella, or this trip to New York right now!"

I'm being a shit now. I'll shut up.

Blonde Guest
    This.

Was just reading the Rolling Stone article done on Kurt back in Jan 1994, he says "Teen Spirit" was such a clichéd riff. It was so close to a Boston riff or "Louie, Louie." When I came up with the guitar part, Krist looked at me and said, "That is so ridiculous." I made the band play it for an hour and a half." I've heard many people go off on this song and Nirvana because their big hit was a "Rip off" but I think the irony and brilliance here is that he was trying to create an iconic pop song full knowing that he was using a riff that was overused in rock music and it actually worked! That's genius to me. All song writers think their stuff is going to change the world, it's fascinating when it actually does.
    Last edited by Jason; 04-17-2014 at 07:13 AM.

How did the song "Smells Like Teen Spirit" change the world?
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    How did the song "Smells Like Teen Spirit" change the world?
    I meant it actually had an impact on music, and it did (the world of music I should have said). When musicians set out to write songs they usually think it's the greatest thing ever, it's rare when it actually has an impact and changes the course of popular music (of the time).

and now frances is trying to buy another bands name? gateway drugs......
    whatever.
    they aren't budging, and have released a song....LA will have revenge on frances bean
    methinks , publicity!
    http://www.buddyhead.com/2014/04/20/...gateway-drugs/Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	50559

Name:	tumblr_n4fujq9U3u1ttwssoo1_500.jpg 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	50560that's kurt with his aunt janis, and uncle clark. Fun Fact: Clark’s aunt is Mary S. Novoselic Laier Large. Her father’s great grandnephew is Krist Novoselic. so kurt and krist were related by marriage!

Quote Originally Posted by phineas117 View Post
    and now frances is trying to buy another bands name? gateway drugs......
    whatever.
    they aren't budging, and have released a song....LA will have revenge on frances bean
    methinks , publicity!
    http://www.buddyhead.com/2014/04/20/...gateway-drugs/Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	50559

Name:	tumblr_n4fujq9U3u1ttwssoo1_500.jpg 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	50560that's kurt with his aunt janis, and uncle clark. Fun Fact: Clark’s aunt is Mary S. Novoselic Laier Large. Her father’s great grandnephew is Krist Novoselic. so kurt and krist were related by marriage!
    And of course the comments! Ever notice that when Courtney gets back in touch with Frances, all hell breaks loose? Between the two of them, I see them making a fortune turning Kurt Cobain's legacy into a complete joke, or spending up and losing their asses completely.

Name:	tumblr_n0n29rfLeS1qjcgswo1_500.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	103.4 KB 
ID:	50573Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_n4m2tnQBLV1qir6ydo1_500.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	71.1 KB 
ID:	50574Click image for larger version. 

Name:	two shirts, a sweater, a jacket and leather coat.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	66.2 KB 
ID:	50575

Wendy A. Guest
    I still can't believe he's been gone for 20 years now. I feel so fuckin' old, yet his music and the music from that time is ageless.

Bitch should be shaking in her STD's. http://www.thewrap.com/kurt-cobain-l...eattle-police/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

AMEN!

What's this all about?

Kurt Cobain death-scene note disparages Courtney Love

http://www.theguardian.com/music/201...-courtney-love