Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Andy Kaufman

Quote Originally Posted by imogene schlogenwockle View Post
    Andy Kaufman was no genius; he was an unfunny NUT. Good riddance!
    I did not expect this one to be around for long.

Good job!

Mods.

Hateful soul; sad to say.

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    I did not expect this one to be around for long.

Good job!

Mods.

Hateful soul; sad to say.
    I am wondering if that was Uncle Miltie In drag? LOL

Duke Six Guest
    Not to get off topic but the Imogene (whoever, whatever), I looked at posts, threads, etc and Imo must have been on Meth the day he got whacked. He was posting every 3-5 minutes. Andy was an artist, actor and a human being.

FannyB1923 Guest
    got to thinking about Andy. Not my favorite entertainer. He made me very uncomfortable. I should add that I started out enjoying his gigs on SNL and Taxi- it was the later appearances that really got to me.

I've been around mentally ill people- and he came across to me as mentally ill not hilariously funny.

I think Tony Clifton was a true blue, alternate personality. When Tony would go on a talk show and start bad mouthing Andy Kaufman; denying he was Kaufman- that really sounds like somebody with multiple personalities. One comes "out" and runs dominates the weaker personality. That might account for the wrestling gigs too- retreating into a fantasy world.

If he lived in Ohio or someplace, he would have been on a mental ward but show business is crazy anyhow.
    Last edited by FannyB1923; 10-27-2008 at 09:15 AM.

letty1970 Guest
    Saw taxi and saw man on the moon. They are my only references i've got of hom. He seem like he would of got on your nerves though.

Quote Originally Posted by FannyB1923 View Post
    I think Tony Clifton was a true blue, alternate personality. When Tony would go on a talk show and start bad mouthing Andy Kaufman; denying he was Kaufman- that really sounds like somebody with multiple personalities..
    Good point; funny thing is that Andy created the character; played him a time or two; and then handed it over to Bob Zmuda; enjoying the fact that the audience thought they were seeing Andy; while he was miles away.

The whole wrestling thing was a "button pushing" thing; my God; explaining to the people of Memphis about soap!

Ratings, ticket sales and public interest...what a mad man!
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

guardmom2008 Guest
    He was a strange person. He seemed a little touched in the head.

ByrdSar Guest
    I personally LOVED Andy Kaufman. WHen I went to the theatre to see Man on the Moon, I was the only one in the theatre laughing at the jokes. No body else got it. I'm glad to see there are some fans on here as well. Yes, he did love to push buttons. He wanted to see a genuine emotional response, whether it was anger or hate or hysterical laughter. That was Andy, and I loved how Jim Carrey portrayed him, I think he did an awesome job!

ByrdSar Guest
    P.S. He was a bit before my time (I was only 3 when he died) but I've seen some of his work (have an Andy Kaufman tribute taped at home) and just love him!

Quote Originally Posted by ByrdSar View Post
    That was Andy, and I loved how Jim Carrey portrayed him, I think he did an awesome job!
    I can't imagine anybody doing a better job of playing Andy; except maybe Andy himself. Carrey was "dead on".

I remember seeing him when I was a kid; doing his "foreign man" bit; probably on The Ed Sullivan Show; and my father saying something like; "he's just some comic from the Bronx...it's just an act".

He turned out to be largely right; but I still loved Andy in all of his various incarnations; though I can certainly see how others might find him a bit grating on the nerves.

I do believe that there was an element of "madness" at work within him, and I would not be surprised if he "heard voices".

TheLazenby Guest
    I'm listening to an interview on a show called The Overnightscape with a guy from Indiana named Stephen Maddox who is *allegedly* Andy Kaufman under an assumed name; he talks with that documentary-TV deep-voice effect, but pitch-shifting the interview to a normal pitch, he does sound a lot like Andy. His vocal inflections are spot-on.

So who knows... he claims he'll make a public appearance on November 9th, but we've been there before.

ratkin638 Guest
    I was not a fan of Andy Kaufman the stand-up [insert a characterization of what he did here]. From the first time I saw him do the Mighty Mouse bit on SNL, I knew that a lot of people were going to like him. I just wasn't one of them. I recognize that he had a very edgy and off the wall approach. He just didn't do anything for me, and most particularly he didn't make me laugh.

Andy Kaufman the comic actor is another matter. I though he was brilliant in 'Taxi,' and I wasn't even a big fan of the show.

Armcast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ratkin638 View Post
    I was not a fan of Andy Kaufman the stand-up [insert a characterization of what he did here]. From the first time I saw him do the Mighty Mouse bit on SNL, I knew that a lot of people were going to like him. I just wasn't one of them. I recognize that he had a very edgy and off the wall approach. He just didn't do anything for me, and most particularly he didn't make me laugh.

Andy Kaufman the comic actor is another matter. I though he was brilliant in 'Taxi,' and I wasn't even a big fan of the show.

The first time I ever saw Andy Kaufman (outisde of Taxi) was that Mighty Mouse bit on SNL...I even begged to be able to stay up late to watch it...I was so disappointed. Kinda soured me on Andy...

DenPRM Guest
    He actually did make a come back. But he was voted off again.

LoveRats Guest
    I was camping with my boyfriend (now husband), we were in a tent, our little portable radio was barely picking up a radio station out of the UP in Michigan, we were having sex, when I heard on that little tinny radio that Andy Kaufmann was dead... I gasped, not out of grief but in shock (I liked him as Latka, not so much his suave alter-ego, can't remember his name, Vic, somebody or other, hated him consistently on SNL, hated his wrestling crap), and because he was really young and died of lung cancer and I'd never heard he was even ill.

I could lie and say my boyfriend thought I gasped out of great sex, but he had heard it too and wondered why sex with him didn't supercede the news that a celebrity had died. Guess that's why I'm on FAD and he isn't.

Kate

Quote Originally Posted by LoveRats View Post
    I could lie and say my boyfriend thought I gasped out of great sex, but he had heard it too and wondered why sex with him didn't supercede the news that a celebrity had died. Guess that's why I'm on FAD and he isn't.

Kate

Funny, Kate.

Welcome to FAD!

Pamebabby Guest
    He was annoying, and funny at the same time. I didn't like him in Taxi, but I did on SNL. Tragic way to die though, and too damn young.

I saw the movie Man on the Moon some years ago and I liked it. I am always quite interested in biographies. But I didn't get the humor. I don't see what's so funny about trying to piss people off.
    Some people just need a high five.... in the face.... with a chair...

ByrdSar Guest
    I think it was more than just pissing people off. Andy wanted to stimulate emotional responses from his public. Whether it was anger, or laughter, or boredom (as in the case of the Great Gatsby reading). He wanted to see a genuine emotional response. And he did that well, I think.

John Connor Guest
    I never got this dude although I don't remember him very well. Seemed full of rage with a death wish like so many comedians. Jim Carrey was good but can probably relate.

MPetro108 Guest
    "My respect and admiration for Andy's life and work stem from his ability to just not give a rat's ass what anyone thought."

He was one of a kind...And there will likely never be anyone who even comes close to his genius.[/quote]

I loved this about him too.

MPetro108 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    It sounds like you are glad he died? Mo matter. He was a genius in his day.

People like Jay Leno, that can't crack a joke out of a wet paper bag these days I can't stand.

Couldn't agree more!! I think Andy was a genius. He took getting use to, but once you "got it" you understood him. There was no stopping him if he would have lived longer.

ByrdSar Guest
    Who can say what he would have done? I think he would've been great!

I really liked the Mighty Mouse skit...
    To me, he could be funny as hell one minute and an asshat the next.
    that was just his genius....and I think his curse..
    "Go to Heaven for the climate - Hell for the company" - Mark Twain

Old Soul Guest
    I for one think he really did it right, love him or hate him, he provoked something in everyone, and a ton of people including myself hoped his death was one of those straight faced jokes.. but sadly its not. At least he caused imagination and distracted people from their own lives.

Snoopy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLazenby View Post
    I'm listening to an interview on a show called The Overnightscape with a guy from Indiana named Stephen Maddox who is *allegedly* Andy Kaufman under an assumed name; he talks with that documentary-TV deep-voice effect, but pitch-shifting the interview to a normal pitch, he does sound a lot like Andy. His vocal inflections are spot-on.

So who knows... he claims he'll make a public appearance on November 9th, but we've been there before.
    Yes I've heard of Maddox..now he seems like a nut job...and Nov. 9th has come and gone and still no Andy..it was definately a love/hate thing with me for Andy..I thought he was very funny and extremely intelligent..but I so hated it when he got into athe wrestling thing..I know it was button pushing but he was a class A jerk!

MmmRavioli Guest

Thumbs up Andy Kaufman

Hi everyone,

I did not notice any place where we can introduce ourselves, so I guess I'll do it here. I'm Shyla, 29 years old, from Montana. I've been enjoying both findadeath.com and findagrave.com for many years. A dream of mine is to sort of go on a big road trip and hit some of the famous cemeteries in the country someday.

Anyone Andy Kaufman fans out there? I just won his autograph off of E-Bay.. easily one of my most prized possessions. The mind boggles - to think I was just a baby at the time he signed it... why would Andy have any reason to think it would someday end up in MY hands?

In fact, how many of these deceased celebs could've imagined they'd live on so long after they physically departed?

GOD IS NOT DEAD

MmmRavioli Guest
    Gee, thanks for the sweet welcome, CindyT.
    Two links to tell me where to go. lol
    Last edited by MmmRavioli; 03-16-2009 at 05:03 AM.

MmmRavioli Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinfrk View Post
    What are your thoughts on this fella'? I wasn't really a fan of his stand up, but I do remember when he was on SNL and they had a poll as to whether or not he should be allowed on the show.
    The Man in the Moon was an interesting movie. Andy seemed like a complex guy.
    My thoughts..

Shy. Very sweet.
    He wasn't all about "pushing buttons." He wanted to entertain and get a reaction... that reaction could be positive or negative... but I think he overestimated people in that he assumed that once the act was over, they'd realize he had been acting the whole time.
    When in fact... they felt betrayed by the guy they thought was "their sweet Latka from Taxi." lol
    He was ahead of his time, and it costed him. Thanks to him, performers today can do the weird stuff that he did, and it's a non-issue. Some people may be offended by these performers and not watch them... they may even get angry at them... but they are certainly not kicked off television or anything drastic like that.
    Andy's career was seriously in jeopardy there for a while. With the expansion of cable TV later on, I think he would've made a wonderful comeback.
    I used to think he had emotional problems, and one would certainly think so after watching that horrid film Man On The Moon... but I've also seen a lot of interviews in which he's being "serious"... he just did characters, that's all. I think he was a very gentle soul. The kind of person who was almost afraid to break out of his characters, because he'd spent so much time developing the characters, that he never took much time to develop an Andy Kaufman.

MmmRavioli Guest
    This is an example of Andy during his wrestling phase, riling up the Southerners..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr4rnZEjX9g

I don't know.. it's kind of, ohh.. MORE than obvious that he's kidding. Even if he were making fun of people from my state in this video, that would be fairly darn obvious to me.

I think some of the people who got mad at him inadvertently make themselves a huge part of the punchline...

WriterDude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MmmRavioli View Post
    My thoughts..

Shy. Very sweet.
    He wasn't all about "pushing buttons." He wanted to entertain and get a reaction... that reaction could be positive or negative... but I think he overestimated people in that he assumed that once the act was over, they'd realize he had been acting the whole time.
    When in fact... they felt betrayed by the guy they thought was "their sweet Latka from Taxi." lol
    He was ahead of his time, and it costed him. Thanks to him, performers today can do the weird stuff that he did, and it's a non-issue. Some people may be offended by these performers and not watch them... they may even get angry at them... but they are certainly not kicked off television or anything drastic like that.
    Andy's career was seriously in jeopardy there for a while. With the expansion of cable TV later on, I think he would've made a wonderful comeback.
    I used to think he had emotional problems, and one would certainly think so after watching that horrid film Man On The Moon... but I've also seen a lot of interviews in which he's being "serious"... he just did characters, that's all. I think he was a very gentle soul. The kind of person who was almost afraid to break out of his characters, because he'd spent so much time developing the characters, that he never took much time to develop an Andy Kaufman.
    Extremely interesting take on an extremely interesting talent, MmmRavioli. You're going to be a fun addition to the bunch here, so long as the ravioli to which your name pays tribute doesn't come out of a can labeled "Chef Boyardee". And even if it does, we have a recipe thread and a "foodie" social group that can help with that.

Welcome. For many of us, that has ended up meaning, "Welcome home". I hope it is that for you as well.

MmmRavioli Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by WriterDude View Post
    Extremely interesting take on an extremely interesting talent, MmmRavioli. You're going to be a fun addition to the bunch here, so long as the ravioli to which your name pays tribute doesn't come out of a can labeled "Chef Boyardee". And even if it does, we have a recipe thread and a "foodie" social group that can help with that.

Welcome. For many of us, that has ended up meaning, "Welcome home". I hope it is that for you as well.
    Awww, 'tank you veddy much.
    I'm not too imaginative with the Usernames.. hehe. It doesn't mean anything.
    I just read Bill Zehme's book "Lost In The Funhouse" authorized bio on Andy. It's definitely one of my favorite books now. That offers a lot of insight into his character. From what it appears, he held in a lot of anger, which he subconsciously let loose with his "bad guy wrestling character" and of course "Tony Clifton." In one part of the book, I think it was his good friend Bob Zmuda who was quoted as saying, "Whenever things were off-balance in his daily life, I would get a call from Andy saying that Tony Clifton was coming to town." His dad did a lot of yelling growing up. He was generally a nice guy but took a lot of frustrations out on his wife and kids, too. I think that might've been a factor in his anger... His dad Stanley is 87 years old and still kicking. I think he's just one of those guys that wasn't happy unless he had something to complain about. He just didn't realize the emotional toll it took on his loved ones.
    There are little stories here and there that reveal a very sweet, gentle person... who only wished for a "Friendly, Friendly World"..
    ... once he and Marilu Henner (Taxi co-star) happened to end up on the same airplane and it was his idea to hold hands during take off and during landing...
    ... he flew thousands of miles to visit a dying fan in the hospital. Flew most of the way, and drove a rental car the rest of the way.. for no reason other than he got a fan letter and wanted to make her happy. And he didn't tell anybody he was doing it.
    ... He got a lot of hate mail after he started wrestling, and sometimes (for some strange reason) they'd leave a phone number. And if the letter was really scathing, and the person seemed extremely angry, he would actually take the time to call them up to explain that he wasn't really like that.
    Things like that. The book was authorized by his family.

And his soul shines through in a lot of videos I've seen as well.
    Last edited by MmmRavioli; 03-16-2009 at 06:46 AM.

Boxofpandoraz Guest
    Awww, 'tank you veddy much.
    I'm not too imaginative with the Usernames.. hehe. It doesn't mean anything.
    I just read Bill Zehme's book "Lost In The Funhouse" authorized bio on Andy. It's definitely one of my favorite books now. That offers a lot of insight into his character. From what it appears, he held in a lot of anger, which he subconsciously let loose with his "bad guy wrestling character" and of course "Tony Clifton." In one part of the book, I think it was his good friend Bob Zmuda who was quoted as saying, "Whenever things were off-balance in his daily life, I would get a call from Andy saying that Tony Clifton was coming to town." His dad did a lot of yelling growing up. He was generally a nice guy but took a lot of frustrations out on his wife and kids, too. I think that might've been a factor in his anger... His dad Stanley is 87 years old and still kicking. I think he's just one of those guys that wasn't happy unless he had something to complain about. He just didn't realize the emotional toll it took on his loved ones.
    There are little stories here and there that reveal a very sweet, gentle person... who only wished for a "Friendly, Friendly World"..
    ... once he and Marilu Henner (Taxi co-star) happened to end up on the same airplane and it was his idea to hold hands during take off and during landing...
    ... he flew thousands of miles to visit a dying fan in the hospital. Flew most of the way, and drove a rental car the rest of the way.. for no reason other than he got a fan letter and wanted to make her happy. And he didn't tell anybody he was doing it.
    ... He got a lot of hate mail after he started wrestling, and sometimes (for some strange reason) they'd leave a phone number. And if the letter was really scathing, and the person seemed extremely angry, he would actually take the time to call them up to explain that he wasn't really like that.
    Things like that. The book was authorized by his family.

And his soul shines through in a lot of videos I've seen as well.

Ahh, I definitely like you, MmmRavioli! Yet another "cousin" thanks to Uncle Andy and his Funhouse! Love it! To you, I raise a glass of chocolate milk, and say Welcome to FAD!

Bill Zeheme's book was authorized by Andy's family. Zmuda's was not, from what I understand. I have read both quite a few times, and cannot explain how uncomfortable Zmuda's words made me. Not just because he goes into rather excruciating detail about Andy's sexual side, (He says that the wrestling women was done pretty much only because it turned Andy on.) I still feel that the author notes on that book should have read:

"I'm Bob Zmuda. Andy Kaufman's best friend. I made Andy Kaufman, my best friend, funny. Bob Zmuda. Bob Zmuda. Bob Zmuda."

I also own two books of Andy's poetry and short stories. They were published and sold directly by his estate. Excellent reading if you can get your hands on them.

http://www.amazon.com/Huey-Williams-.../dp/193041000X

http://www.amazon.com/Poetry-Stories...7215398&sr=1-9
    Last edited by Boxofpandoraz; 03-16-2009 at 02:33 PM.

Strap yourself in, merge coming.........
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

ShockDoc Guest
    He was unique, I'll give him that. The 'pushing buttons' thing angered me at times. I agree he was talented, but when many hard-working people crave entertainment, it's not to have their 'buttons' pushed. I suppose you could call it art. Whatever. I do feel bad when anyone dies that young.

GoldwynGal Guest
    He annoyed me personally, but I think he was going for ANY kind of reaction most of the time... I don't know... He came around at a time when there were so many ground breaking comics to compete with... Maybe he was trying to stand out.

MmmRavioli Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxofpandoraz View Post
    Ahh, I definitely like you, MmmRavioli! Yet another "cousin" thanks to Uncle Andy and his Funhouse! Love it! To you, I raise a glass of chocolate milk, and say Welcome to FAD!

Bill Zeheme's book was authorized by Andy's family. Zmuda's was not, from what I understand. I have read both quite a few times, and cannot explain how uncomfortable Zmuda's words made me. Not just because he goes into rather excruciating detail about Andy's sexual side, (He says that the wrestling women was done pretty much only because it turned Andy on.) I still feel that the author notes on that book should have read:

"I'm Bob Zmuda. Andy Kaufman's best friend. I made Andy Kaufman, my best friend, funny. Bob Zmuda. Bob Zmuda. Bob Zmuda."

I also own two books of Andy's poetry and short stories. They were published and sold directly by his estate. Excellent reading if you can get your hands on them.

http://www.amazon.com/Huey-Williams-.../dp/193041000X

http://www.amazon.com/Poetry-Stories...7215398&sr=1-9
    Thanks Boxofpandoraz!
    *Raises an Oreo cookie to you, then dips it in my chocolate milk*

I'm REALLY on the fence about buying Zmuda's book. I'm actually kind of on the fence about that guy, period. Part of me believes he's a good guy. I mean, this is the man who started Comic Relief, an organization that has helped probably millions of people... so he can't be all bad. But he seems like such an opportunist. It bothers me a little bit. I think when Man On The Moon came out, he really rode the new wave of Kaufman interest for all it was worth. I actually heard that at the time Andy got sick, Zmuda was already kind of "out of the picture" in a sense anyway. Meaning, they hadn't worked together or really communicated in some time.

Thank you for the links! I've been wanting to buy those for a while!

I think I'll wait until Zmuda's book is on E-Bay for two cents or something... lol. Worth a look, but not if I have to pay big bucks for it or anything. And based on the reviews I already know it's pretty exaggerated.

Boxofpandoraz Guest
    Thanks Boxofpandoraz!
    *Raises an Oreo cookie to you, then dips it in my chocolate milk*

I'm REALLY on the fence about buying Zmuda's book. I'm actually kind of on the fence about that guy, period. Part of me believes he's a good guy. I mean, this is the man who started Comic Relief, an organization that has helped probably millions of people... so he can't be all bad. But he seems like such an opportunist. It bothers me a little bit. I think when Man On The Moon came out, he really rode the new wave of Kaufman interest for all it was worth. I actually heard that at the time Andy got sick, Zmuda was already kind of "out of the picture" in a sense anyway. Meaning, they hadn't worked together or really communicated in some time.

Thank you for the links! I've been wanting to buy those for a while!

I think I'll wait until Zmuda's book is on E-Bay for two cents or something... lol. Worth a look, but not if I have to pay big bucks for it or anything. And based on the reviews I already know it's pretty exaggerated.
    I've read Zmuda's book several times, actually. It's kind of like reading a hardback version of The Enquirer that's all about Bob Zmuda and Andy Kaufman. Maybe that's just the way it made me feel, though...but I didn't get the feeling that this was a memoir about the man's best friend, it was more a way of Zmuda to introduce himself as that "Man behind the curtain" like in Wizard of Oz. LOL!

I will tell you one person who I firmly believe was out to write so that the spirit of Andy and his work was really honored. Larry Karaszewski, one of the co-writers of "Man on the Moon". I had the honor of meeting him at a show I went and watched that was in memory of Andy. He and George Shapiro both talked that night, and I spoke to them both briefly. But Mr. Karaszewski came across as sincere in how he felt about Andy and his work.

I told him when I was speaking with him that I was grateful to him for helping to write the film so that others could learn about Andy, "Bringing him back to life" so to speak. He actually grew misty eyed and gave me a hug and told me that it was the nicest thing anyone had told him about the film. He signed my copy of "Lost in the Funhouse", as did Mr. Shapiro. Awesome experience!

burgtwngrl Guest
    I didn't think he was funny on SNL and the other stuff he did except Latka. The role he hated! but I loved him as Latka and so did my mom and Dad. I was very sad when I heard he died but I too think he was mentally Ill.

burgtwngrl Guest
    I wonder what ever happened to his child. He and his girlfriend gave thier child up for Adoption. (I think it was a girl) and she was found by the Kauffman Family. Haven't heard a word since.

burgtwngrl Guest
    Found this on Wiki.

Kaufman was survived by his daughter, Maria Colonna, who was born in 1969 and put up for adoption shortly thereafter. Colonna never knew she was the daughter of Andy Kaufman until 1992, when she traced her biological parentage.[26]

Does anyone think he may still be alive or faked his death but has since died from something else?

soonerpimp Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by imogene schlogenwockle View Post
    Andy Kaufman was no genius; he was an unfunny NUT. Good riddance!
    Surely this person did not get banned for voicing an opinion which was requested on the original post.
    I dont agree with the opinion, but I think that one should have a right to voice theirs even if its an unpopular one

Andy impersonating Elvis on the Johnny Cash show. He was such a talented guy. I think Johnny saw the genius in him.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPqF2...eature=related

TheLazenby Guest
    I can't believe all the negativity here... people who didn't like getting their "buttons pressed" or thought he was irritating just don't get what he considered 'humor'. He intentionally moved away from every standard of comedy, and did what pleased HIM, personally. Thankfully, it was pleasing to a select few of his viewers as well, myself included. I understand what he was trying to do.

Incidentally, on that note, I don't believe that Andy passed away in 1984, and I do believe that he's still out there somewhere. Whether he's the mysterious figure behind andykaufmanlives.com, I have no idea; I did hear the interview with the site's owner on The Overnightscape, which did sound a whole lot like Andy to my ears (after pitch-shifting it of course - he used a voice modulator), but who's to say, really.

burgtwngrl Guest
    He was out of the Norm for Comics... I think that it's ok to do what pleases you to make money and obviously somebody liked it he was famous. I liked the Latka Character but that was it. My mom like latka and his elvis impersonation but the other stuff he did was funny to him not to a general audience. I found it boring myself. I admire him for expressing himself the way he wanted to but He really embarrassed his family with his stunts. I couldn't do that with my family. IMO I think he had something mentally wrong with him... his behavior was just too bizarre IMO.

BUT....

If his death was a hoax and he's alive somewhere when his family thinks he's been dead all these years...

Very Cold Person... Uncool

TheLazenby Guest
    Who said his family thinks he's dead? :-) The truth is rather different...

Not only are they mysteriously supportive of this Stephen Maddox guy, but I believe his brother Michael Kaufman has helped fuel the 'Andy is alive' story. Most recently, he appeared in a documentary about Andy's supposed current whereabouts.

If you visited andykaufmanlives.com a while ago (I think the video's still on YouTube), you would've seen a picture of Nathan McCoy, the cancer patient who allegedly died with Andy's name. The guy looked quite a bit like him... creepy, really. But again, who's to say what's true or not? (The answer isn't Bob Zmuda, if you're wondering. Zmuda has no connection to Andy's family or the recent goings-on.)
    Last edited by TheLazenby; 03-23-2009 at 09:38 AM.

TheLazenby Guest
    And P.S.... no, the Tony Clifton that has been touring recently in support of Katrina victims was not Andy, and that's a certain fact. That was Bob. Just in case anyone considered that possibility. :-)

Andy was certainly odd but he had moments of genius. I thought the 'in jokes' that he had were certainly humerous for him but they must have got tiresome to friends and family eventually.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

ShatteredMirror Guest
    Sorry, I'm with the negatives on this one. Midly amusing on rare occasions but on the whole rather untalented. And unfunny.
    And he probably knew it.