Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 16232425
Results 1,201 to 1,244 of 1244

Thread: Ped Egg Makes Me Puke

Town Without Pity Guest
    The title of this thread cracked me up...I seem to be lucky I have no rough spots on my feet as of yet at the age of 50..knock on wood...but my husband has terrible issues...he uses some cheese grater kinda thing....doesn't even touch it....I don't do anything special on my feet except when we have trips to Mom's we always do our feet in the warm wax....maybe I should pick and Ped Egg up for the man...lol...I know they are right down the street at Walgreens and the price keeps going down each time I notice...lol

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    I REALLY need to get down & do some serious PedEgging! I just bought those cute peep toe shoes ya know.
    I know, me toooooooo. Its been a long winter

MissVondaKaye Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    MissVondaKaye, I would wait until Walgreen's starts selling them or you will be paying out the wazoo for shipping and handling.
    Eeeeee!! Walgreen's has them on sale this week $9.99! If I have to hit every store in town, I WILL have one!

Mammy Guest
    I love Walgreens! If they don't have it, I don't need it!

Just finished using my PedEgg. Naturally I'll be saving the little bits of skin to use as snowflakes in the Christmas display again this year.

I made the mistake of buying a Revlon "Ped Egg". Ugh. The thing just didn't cut it (literally and figuratively). Now I'm trying another rip off, Dr. Sholl's. While Dr. Sholl's is better than Revlon, it's still not as good as the orginal Ped Egg.
    Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

I've got the one, the only, the original PedEgg. I even go so far as to order replacement blades for it online. Why? Because no substitution is up to snuff with the original.

If you're looking for the original NE, you might try Amazon. I've seen them there. Or walgreens.com where I get the replacement blades.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    I've got the one, the only, the original PedEgg. I even go so far as to order replacement blades for it online. Why? Because no substitution is up to snuff with the original.

If you're looking for the original NE, you might try Amazon. I've seen them there. Or walgreens.com where I get the replacement blades.
    I want to try the newest product (I think it's by the makers of Ped Egg, but I'm not sure), which is essentially a battery operated Dremmel tool (but bigger) with sand paper type discs.

pwem Guest
    Why do some people find Ped's so disgusting? It's dead skin, It's all around you.

I have Dr.Scholl's

Quote Originally Posted by pwem View Post
    Why do some people find Ped's so disgusting? It's dead skin, It's all around you.

I have Dr.Scholl's
    The answer to that is on the first page of this thread.

Oogie Boogie Guest
    Exactly. It's like when they replaced Sean Connery with Roger Moore in the James Bond movies. Just not as good as the original.

By the way, this: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	31Zh6YKMNnL__SL500_AA300_.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	12.8 KB 
ID:	43604is absolutely awesome for getting rid of sandpapery feet. I use my beloved Ped Egg, then slather this stuff on and cover my hoover, er, feet with cotton socks and the difference the next morning is astounding.

You can get it at any CVS or Walgreens in the US.

Thanks Oogie I'll check that out.

Mammy Guest
    I gave the old hooves a good Ped-Egging just this morning before getting into the shower. I had an astounding amount of foot cheese. I'll be buying some Kerasal the next time I'm in Walgreen's. Thanks for the recommendation, Oogie!

SomeChick, your Christmas display sounds beautiful! lol

I gave the old hooves a good Ped-Egging just this morning before getting into the shower. I had an astounding amount of foot cheese. I'll be buying some Kerasal the next time I'm in Walgreen's. Thanks for the recommendation, Oogie!

SomeChick, your Christmas display sounds beautiful! lol
    Just make sure the Kerasal is on sale and you have a coupon before you buy it!!!

Come to think of it, why are there never coupons for Ped Eggs?

Ooh yes - Kerasal makes me feel like a lady! It really does work. Somechick - I was thinking of you and Christmas snow when I used my PedEgg today!
    Archer Fact: You canâ??t tourniquet the taint. (Source: Ray Gillette)

I think the most horrifying thing to do with the shavings would be to wrap them up in candy wrappers and give them away at Halloween.

PurrPurr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by homesgirl View Post
    Ooh yes - Kerasal makes me feel like a lady! It really does work.
    I need to get some of that for the man. Love the guy, but his feet are like SANDPAPER!

Mammy Guest
    LOL, NewEnglander, I use every coupon I get my hands on!

LOL, NewEnglander, I use every coupon I get my hands on!

Me too!!

I forgot to PedEgg for about a month. I could mulch around an old oak tree with what came offa there!

I forgot to PedEgg for about a month. I could mulch around an old oak tree with what came offa there!
    Another keyboard rendered wet.

There was recently a commercial for a Ped-Egg imitator that had a spinning wheel on it. The first commercial showed deli thin slices of callous being shaved off and flying through the air. I immediately thought of you fine folks here and went to post a link for the commercial on You-Tube, but the commercial posted there was tame with no shavings flying of the feets. I recorded hours of local TV to get the commercial I saw to no avail.

I can remember when I was a kid my old man would carve his callouses off with a razor blade. The ash tray in the basement TV room would sometimes be filled with cigarette butts and huge chunks of foot callous and sometimes huge toe nail clippings. It used to piss my Mom off to find that. Sometimes I would see smeared dried blood on the floor in front of the couch when he would sometimes shave to deep. Boy that shit really grew on my old man as he did this about once a month

I pranked my girlfriend at a gathering of her relatives. She loathes my Ped-Egg culture fascination. She doesn't need ped-egg cause her feets are like a 12 year old's. Well I bought a ped-egg at Wal-Mart and filled it with some Parmesan cheese and when I gave it to her at the pig - roast. I acted like the top popped open and that reeking Parmesan spilled out all over her. I exclaimed, "Oh shit, Mom must have found it." She was so pissed at me I didn't get any for a week.
    Last edited by MagnusDippytack; 01-19-2013 at 10:39 AM. Reason: added memory
    "Everybody is born, and everybody dies. Being born wasn't so bad , was it?"
    Peter the Hermit

PurrPurr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnusDippytack View Post

There was recently a commercial for a Ped-Egg imitator that had a spinning wheel on it. The first commercial showed deli thin slices of callous being shaved off and flying through the air. I immediately thought of you fine folks here and went to post a link for the commercial on You-Tube, but the commercial posted there was tame with no shavings flying of the feets. I recorded hours of local TV to get the commercial I saw to no avail.
    You must be thinking of the Pedi-Spin:

Quote Originally Posted by MagnusDippytack View Post

I can remember when I was a kid my old man would carve his callouses off with a razor blade. The ash tray in the basement TV room would sometimes be filled with cigarette butts and huge chunks of foot callous and sometimes huge toe nail clippings. It used to piss my Mom off to find that. Sometimes I would see smeared dried blood on the floor in front of the couch when he would sometimes shave to deep. Boy that shit really grew on my old man as he did this about once a month

I pranked my girlfriend at a gathering of her relatives. She loathes my Ped-Egg culture fascination. She doesn't need ped-egg cause her feets are like a 12 year old's. Well I bought a ped-egg at Wal-Mart and filled it with some Parmesan cheese and when I gave it to her at the pig - roast. I acted like the top popped open and that reeking Parmesan spilled out all over her. I exclaimed, "Oh shit, Mom must have found it." She was so pissed at me I didn't get any for a week.
    LOL Great idea, PedEgg as serving dish! You could put it out on the table the next time you have speaghetti

Quote Originally Posted by PurrPurr View Post
    You must be thinking of the Pedi-Spin:

Yeah, that's the thingy

The first time I saw all the shavings everywhere I said what the fuck. Who wants that shit flying around the room? At least the contents of the PedEgg can be popped in the trash, no fuss no muss style. With that thing, you'll want to make sure the dog is outside when you use it too or you may end up playing a pretty disgusting game of fetch.

Anyone else still using theirs? I just did mine and my feet are as soft as a baby's ass.

Anyone else still using theirs? I just did mine and my feet are as soft as a baby's ass.
    Thanks for bringing it up. I need new blades and sanders for mine. I try to keep my hands off my feet, I'm a foot abuser. I've worn socks all summer. My feet make me manic.

That's right I forgot, lol. You can find new blades at Walgreens.com and Amazon. Walgreens had the better online deal selling them at their original price of $9.99 for a pack of three and free shipping for orders over $25. Amazon had 'em at an ok price. But I don't remember if they were free super saver shipping or not.

John Trim On Face Book
    On the internet you can be anything you want.
    It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I can't remember if I posted this or not, apologies if I did. But hair remover cream such as Nair works very well to remove and/or soften callouses. Soak your feet in warm water for at least a couple of minutes, then coat calloused areas with the hair removal cream. Leave on for ten minutes, then rinse thoroughly with warm water. If you use a ped egg or pumice right after, the callouses come right off.

Another thing that works well that sounds nuts is an orbital sander. I had very bad, horn-like callouses on my heals after wearing sandals most of the summer, and was using a sander to smooth a wall I had repaired with patching compound. As an experiment, I tried it on my callouses and it worked great. All callouses gone in about 30 seconds each foot. You can buy an orbital sander for $15, and then buy a variety pack of sand paper to use based on how bad your callouses are. But be careful, you can overdo it if you're not careful.
    Any day above ground is a good day.

Do not read the above, Hids.

Aside form that, seems to me those new gadgets they're selling do the same thing as an orbital sander but on a smaller scale. Wonder if that's where they got the idea.

weirdgurl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NewEnglander View Post
    I made the mistake of buying a Revlon "Ped Egg". Ugh. The thing just didn't cut it (literally and figuratively). Now I'm trying another rip off, Dr. Sholl's. While Dr. Sholl's is better than Revlon, it's still not as good as the orginal Ped Egg.
    I too fell for the faux Ped Egg by Dr Scholls. It was pink, it was there and well heck I was all fired up from reading this thread. I was pretty pleased. But now that I know that the REAL Ped Egg is even better, I want to experience it. That being said, I had a root canal this morning and that cost (for just my co-pay) about a hundred Ped Eggs. So I guess I will wait until my fake one dies before splurging for the real deal!

No need to splurge. You can get the original on Amazon for about the same price. Mine was 9.99. Theirs might be higher if you have to pay shipping. There are ways around that though.

Quote Originally Posted by weirdgurl View Post
    I too fell for the faux Ped Egg by Dr Scholls. It was pink, it was there and well heck I was all fired up from reading this thread. I was pretty pleased. But now that I know that the REAL Ped Egg is even better, I want to experience it. That being said, I had a root canal this morning and that cost (for just my co-pay) about a hundred Ped Eggs. So I guess I will wait until my fake one dies before splurging for the real deal!
    What is worse, a root canal or over-ped-egged feet?

Quote Originally Posted by Hidium View Post
    You don't have to walk on you teeth.
    John Trim On Face Book
    On the internet you can be anything you want.
    It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by John Trim View Post
    Most of the time I'd agree. I took a face plant once and felt like I walked on my teeth.

weirdgurl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hidium View Post

Quote Originally Posted by John Trim View Post
    My immediate thought was that at least I don't have to walk on my face lol!

No need to splurge. You can get the original on Amazon for about the same price. Mine was 9.99. Theirs might be higher if you have to pay shipping. There are ways around that though.
    I checked out Amazon and found Platinum Ped Eggs @2 for $14.99 That seems like a great deal except that didn't someone post that you can't buy the Platinum refills online? That would be a real pain in the butt if I had to go store-to-store trying to find refills...

I got mine at Walgreens.com They also do free shipping on orders of 25 or more.

Quote Originally Posted by weirdgurl View Post
    I'm actually now intriqued that that new thing that is essentially a Dremmel but it looks like it sort of peels the skin off your heels. Looks kind of neat. Heaven knows I could use one of those in the summer. My heels do better in winter because I wear socks all the time but in the summer my heels look horrid.

As for your root canal, I feel for you. I had a crown put on this summer. While not as bad as a root canal (it felt pretty bad because my teeth are very sensitive). The filing of the tooth to be crowned was a nightmare despite the novacane. Ugh.

Fortunately both my husband and I have dental insurance so my insurance paid 60% and his paid most of the rest so we only paid about $40 for a $1,200 dental procedure.

lemongraters Guest
    I use the ped egg and my feet are so soft and not embarrassing!

I have used the pedi spin and I have to say that thing doesn't feel pleasant, it actually hurts.

I regularly have my feet shaved with a razor and that gets all my dead skin off.

If you want a good and easy way to get dead skin off, soak your feet in a mixture of warm water, vinegar and listerine mouth wash.

This is stock footage of my feet being cleaned - Not for the squeamish or the elderly

Last edited by TheDude; 12-24-2013 at 05:35 AM.

Walked into the loungeroom tonight, and lo and behold! The Mrs has a Ped Egg. Fucking thing is a cheese grater.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

I over-egged my feet last night. I woke up with swollen feet, and if I put weight on my heels it feels like my skin is splitting. Guess I'm walking on my toes today.

Yes, I still have one. I just used it, and it was glorious!

Yes, I still have one. I just used it, and it was glorious!
    Too few things in life serve dual (or more) purposes equally well - sort of like Duct Tape or WD-40, but the Ped Egg is one of those things,
    There's the intended use, but it works just as well for grating cheese or zesting lemons and oranges.

And I find that using it on your feet after zesting some citrus tends to make your feet smell good, yet you don't notice any kind of odd taste when using it to grate cheese after the whole foot-care routine.

I'm going to have to get a second one because I never know if I should look for it in the kitchen cabinet or the in bathroom cabinet.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Too few things in life serve dual (or more) purposes equally well - sort of like Duct Tape or WD-40, but the Ped Egg is one of those things,
    There's the intended use, but it works just as well for grating cheese or zesting lemons and oranges.

And I find that using it on your feet after zesting some citrus tends to make your feet smell good, yet you don't notice any kind of odd taste when using it to grate cheese after the whole foot-care routine.

I'm going to have to get a second one because I never know if I should look for it in the kitchen cabinet or the in bathroom cabinet.
    I keep one in the glove box because it also makes an excellent ice scraper. I wonder if it could be used as a home repair tool?