Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891017 ... LastLast

Thread: How about the Worst song you ever heard?

Adam Bomb Guest
    I'd be surprised if this one hadn't been mentioned already, but....

"You're Beautiful" by James Blunt. I'd almost rather take a cheese grater to my eardrums than listen to that song again.

BAGOBONES Guest
    Here Here!!!! Id Rather Eat Haggis Than Listen To That Stalker Anthem "yourr Beautiful By James Blunt Lol

Deathgoddess Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nessa View Post
    'Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy', 'Honky Tonk Bedonk-a-donk', Khia's 'My Neck, My Back' (gross), and Atreyu's cover of Faith No More's 'Epic'. I could go on for daaaays.
    Oh Honky Tonk Bedonk-a-donk, how do i hate thee? I used to work with this big redneck that would sing that ridiculous song ALL the time, like it wasn't bad enough without him adding to it! UGHHHHHH and how about Toby Keith's classic, " I wanna talk about me", it makes me want to hit someone.

pvezz Guest
    I hate that song, "You Had a Bad Day" or whateverthefuck it's called. We went to the NASCAR race in Bristol with friends of ours; they drove. My girlfriend brought several CDs, and this freaking song was on like every other song for TEN HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Bomb View Post
    I'd be surprised if this one hadn't been mentioned already, but....

"You're Beautiful" by James Blunt. I'd almost rather take a cheese grater to my eardrums than listen to that song again.
    Is that the one where the video has him taking off his clothing and jewelry for no reason? He is on a cliff, and you just hope someone runs up and pushes him off so he'll stop singing?

bluebear71 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoddess View Post
    Oh Honky Tonk Bedonk-a-donk, how do i hate thee? I used to work with this big redneck that would sing that ridiculous song ALL the time, like it wasn't bad enough without him adding to it! UGHHHHHH and how about Toby Keith's classic, " I wanna talk about me", it makes me want to hit someone.
    Oh dear God!!!!!!!! I couldn't agree more.

**Jenna** Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pvezz View Post
    I hate that song, "You Had a Bad Day" or whateverthefuck it's called. We went to the NASCAR race in Bristol with friends of ours; they drove. My girlfriend brought several CDs, and this freaking song was on like every other song for TEN HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I used to like that song,can't stand it now.

**Jenna** Guest
    Any body watch one tree hill anyway the theme they had I can't stand ,don't know what the name of it is.

I remember a song "Who Has Seen the Wind" by Yoko Ono...it was REALLY bad...on the flip side of Instant Karma.

Who has seen the wind?
    Neither you nor i.
    But when the trees bow down their heads
    The wind is passing by.

Who has seen the wind?
    Neither you nor i.
    The wind is passing by.

Oh, wind, wind,
    Wind, wind, wind.

Who has seen enough?
    Only me and john.
    But when a smile goes 'round the world
    Our love is catching on.

Oh, smile, smile,
    Smile, smile, smile.

Who has seen your dream?
    Only you and him.
    But when the world gets bright and clear
    You know that we were there.

Oh, world, world,
    World, world, world.

pvezz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Philliefan View Post
    I remember a song "Who Has Seen the Wind" by Yoko Ono...it was REALLY bad...on the flip side of Instant Karma.

Who has seen the wind?
    Neither you nor i.
    The wind is passing by.

Who has seen the wind?
    Neither you nor i.
    The wind is passing by.

Oh, wind, wind,
    Wind, wind, wind.

Who has seen enough?
    Only me and john.
    But when a smile goes 'round the world
    Our love is catching on.

Oh, smile, smile,
    Smile, smile, smile.

Who has seen your dream?
    Only you and him.
    But when the world gets bright and clear
    You know that we were there.

Oh, world, world,
    World, world, world.
    The words "Yoko Ono" and "song" should NEVER be used in the same sentence.

smellslikealmonds Guest
    Yoko Ono and cats being killed with bagpipes SHOULD be used in the same sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by smellslikealmonds View Post
    Yoko Ono and cats being killed with bagpipes SHOULD be used in the same sentence.

lol - very much agree with both of you!

Quote Originally Posted by smellslikealmonds View Post
    Yoko Ono should have stayed in one of those bags she used to live in and give interviews from. Someone should have put her in a storage bin far away from human ears.

stinkythejokedog Guest
    "You're Having My Baby "by Paul Anka gives me the shit pants! That song must have been inspired by Satan

pvezz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkythejokedog View Post
    "You're Having My Baby "by Paul Anka gives me the shit pants! That song must have been inspired by Satan

I think that's the song I started the thread with! I couldn't agree more! Creepy fucking lyrics, eh?

Danny62 Guest
    May not be the worst song but it comes close. I bought the Frank Sinatra CD "My Way" and my god he totally ruined Mrs. Robinson!

Yuck!

He did do a killer version of Yesterday though!

pvezz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan7962 View Post
    May not be the worst song but it comes close. I bought the Frank Sinatra CD "My Way" and my god he totally ruined Mrs. Robinson!

Yuck!

WAIT WHAT

He sang "Mrs. Robinson"????

Frank is one of my FAVES, but draw the line somewhere!

Danny62 Guest
    WAIT WHAT

He sang "Mrs. Robinson"????

Frank is one of my FAVES, but draw the line somewhere!
    God you have to hear it.

One line he changes to "Hows your bird Mrs Robinson mines as fine as wine and I should know. Ho, Ho, Ho."

bird is rat pack lingo for the penis. LOL

I guess as big as it was it was fine as wine.

Horrible cover though.

pvezz Guest
    God you have to hear it.

One line he changes to "Hows your bird Mrs Robinson mines as fine as wine and I should know. Ho, Ho, Ho."

bird is rat pack lingo for the penis. LOL

I guess as big as it was it was fine as wine.

Horrible cover though.
    *running to YouTube*

stinkythejokedog Guest

Yuck!

You should hear his version of Something...terribly awful I must say

Danny62 Guest
    *running to YouTube*
    I couldn't find it. If you do can you post the lovely version for the lucky ones who haven't heard it.

You should hear his version of Something
    So is it good or bad? I was surprised how well he handled yesterday.

That Herbie Hancock song creeps me out!
    Shock the Monkey
    Anything by Shabba Ranks
    I,ll be loving you forever by NKOTB
    Everything on Lovesexxy by Prince pretty much makes me want to put cork screws in my eardrums and rip them out
    Do I need to mention the night the lights went out in Georgia

I couldnt have said it better lol. Theres a tear in my bear is pretty bad too

She had a voice that would make a cat shit out of its ears and the Spice Girls sound angelic

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Bomb View Post
    That is something akin to fingernails on a chalkboard.

Toby Keith ranks right up there with Osama bin Laden on my list of People to Hate.

I've never heard her....music. I shudder to think.

You should hear his version of Something...terribly awful I must say
    Have you heard Jim Nabors' version of Something?

More Cheese Please Guest
    Leonard Nimoy- The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC73P...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by Fool Moon View Post
    Have you heard Jim Nabors' version of Something?
    Jim Nabors only sings one song in my mind...Back Home Again In Indiana...can't imagine him singing anything else...

I have to try to find that now...

More Cheese Please Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Philliefan View Post
    Jim Nabors only sings one song in my mind...Back Home Again In Indiana...can't imagine him singing anything else...

I have to try to find that now...

I couldn't find him singing "Something", but I did find this commercial highlighting all his "best".... and it even includes a version of "Honey"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I04P0...eature=related

It's even available on eight track

Yeah Frank used "bird" for penis in his immature moments, which was often. John Lennon wrote "And Your Bird Can Sing" to poke fun at Frank.

Iris Guest
    WOW! Now, that's a severe reaction!

Cathy J. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by More Cheese Please View Post
    I couldn't find him singing "Something", but I did find this commercial highlighting all his "best".... and it even includes a version of "Honey"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I04P0...eature=related

It's even available on eight track
    A few years back I uploaded on You Tube, a commercial for The Jim Nabors country album. Even "Delta Dawn" and that old Tom T Hall tune "I Love....." was on it.

Sadly that clip was removed at the request of WTHR-TV in Indianapolis. Odd that a man who sings about Indiana, a station in Indianapolis had that clip deleted. I called up WTHR and asked them why they deleted my clip and they told me that WTHR channel 13 owns all the musicial recordings done by Nabors. Sounds odd !!!

Somehow I don't believe that is true.

**Jenna** Guest
    Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice and Hangin Tough by New Kids on the Block. And smells like teen spirit. I don't mind Nirvana just that song irritates me for some reason.
    Last edited by **Jenna**; 04-08-2008 at 06:56 AM.

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by More Cheese Please View Post
    Leonard Nimoy- The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC73P...eature=related

ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH.................WTF.........LMFAO............SOMEONE RIP MY EARS OFF OF MY HEAD.......WRONG, WRONG, WRONG.........BUT I CAN`T STOP LAUGHING..............whewwwww

Quote Originally Posted by laynestaleyfan View Post
    Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice and Hangin Tough by New Kids on the Block. And smells like teen spirit. I don't mind Nirvana just that song irritates me for some reason.
    Ice Ice Baby, with the bass line blatently stolen from Bowie/Queen's "Under Pressure".

The Nirvana song that bothers me more is the one about wanting 'to eat your cancer' - WTF?

**Jenna** Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hidium View Post
    Ice Ice Baby, with the bass line blatently stolen from Bowie/Queen's "Under Pressure".

The Nirvana song that bothers me more is the one about wanting 'to eat your cancer' - WTF?
    Oh yeah there's no doubt Vanilla Ice stoll that from Under Pressure, That Nirvana song I think is "Heart Shaped Box," I know there's a line something like I wish I could eat your cancer well when you turn back. Don't know if that's the correct line or even the song your talking bout.I don't know what that's suppose to mean. Sounds gross!

Adam Bomb Guest
    Someone mentioned Yoko Ono earlier and it reminded me of something related to this "horrible song" subject. I came across this when I used to do a weekly podcast for Crapville.com. There's this Japanese woman named "Wing" who released a CD of her cover versions of some AC/DC songs. It was horrible. The music was like a cheesy MIDI version of AC/DC with her singing.

Here's a link. There are sound samples on the left side of the page:

http://cdbaby.com/cd/wingsounds2
    Last edited by Adam Bomb; 04-08-2008 at 11:41 AM.

heaven can wait Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BAGOBONES View Post
    Here Here!!!! Id Rather Eat Haggis Than Listen To That Stalker Anthem "yourr Beautiful By James Blunt Lol
    Mmmmm! Haggis.............. I LOVE haggis, Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

nodano Guest

Cool ROFLMAO on this thread you guys!

This thread is hilarious!!
    I know I'm a newbie and you don't know me, but I just gotta crash this thread and put my $.02 in.

So, after much consideration and several Google searches, here goes:

Does anyone remember?:
    "The Rain" by Oran Juice Jones (can you say 'get a restraining order'? CREEPEEE)

"Party all the time" by Eddie Murphy (WTF????)

"Heaven's just a sin away" by The Kendalls ( a FATHER and DAUGHTER country duo singing about getting it on? Christ, that was twisted! Even for country)

"Delta dawn" by Helen Reddy or Tanya Tucker ( pick either one---they BOTH sucked)

"Seasons in the Sun" by Terry Jacks (music to slash your wrists by!!!)

"9 to 5" by Dolly Parton (did you know one of the musical instruments in that song was an actual typewriter?---whatever---still awful)

"Drift away" by Uncle Kracker (sure, I liked it the first 50,000 times I heard it, then it got kinda old)

"My heart will go on" by Celine Dion (ZZZZZZZ)

"Mockingbird" by JT and Carly Simon (nothing will put me into a coma like that tune)

On a personal note "Don't wanna miss a thing" by Aerosmith. I once dedicated that song to a then boyfriend who it turned out made RAINMAN look like he had his shit together!!!!

Oh, and any song by the band Sugar Ray. Who's the dumbass that told them they should record songs anyway?

AHEM.....okay I'm done now.

Amy

**Jenna** Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by nodano View Post
    This thread is hilarious!!
    I know I'm a newbie and you don't know me, but I just gotta crash this thread and put my $.02 in.

So, after much consideration and several Google searches, here goes:

Does anyone remember?:
    "The Rain" by Oran Juice Jones (can you say 'get a restraining order'? CREEPEEE)

"Party all the time" by Eddie Murphy (WTF????)

"Heaven's just a sin away" by The Kendalls ( a FATHER and DAUGHTER country duo singing about getting it on? Christ, that was twisted! Even for country)

"Delta dawn" by Helen Reddy or Tanya Tucker ( pick either one---they BOTH sucked)

"Seasons in the Sun" by Terry Jacks (music to slash your wrists by!!!)

"9 to 5" by Dolly Parton (did you know one of the musical instruments in that song was an actual typewriter?---whatever---still awful)

"Drift away" by Uncle Kracker (sure, I liked it the first 50,000 times I heard it, then it got kinda old)

"My heart will go on" by Celine Dion (ZZZZZZZ)

"Mockingbird" by JT and Carly Simon (nothing will put me into a coma like that tune)

On a personal note "Don't wanna miss a thing" by Aerosmith. I once dedicated that song to a then boyfriend who it turned out made RAINMAN look like he had his shit together!!!!

Oh, and any song by the band Sugar Ray. Who's the dumbass that told them they should record songs anyway?

AHEM.....okay I'm done now.

Amy
    I agree with you. I never really realized that the song by the Kendalls was about sex, but I was little when that came out. Another song I don't like is that stupid Relax by Franky goes to Hollywood.

Quote Originally Posted by laynestaleyfan View Post
    I agree with you. I never really realized that the song by the Kendalls was about sex, but I was little when that came out. Another song I don't like is that stupid Relax by Franky goes to Hollywood.
    GREAT list, glad I don't have any Draino to drink or I just might do it from that post alone. And that RELAX song, with all the shirts, hats, mugs, waste paper baskets, etc... never make ME come.

I forgot that Eddy Murphy ever thought he could sing !!! LOL I don't know, maybe HE is the fat lady who has to sing that people often mention.

Quote Originally Posted by heaven can wait View Post
    Mmmmm! Haggis.............. I LOVE haggis, Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
    Haggis ROCKS!

**Jenna** Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hidium View Post
    GREAT list, glad I don't have any Draino to drink or I just might do it from that post alone. And that RELAX song, with all the shirts, hats, mugs, waste paper baskets, etc... never make ME come.

I forgot that Eddy Murphy ever thought he could sing !!! LOL I don't know, maybe HE is the fat lady who has to sing that people often mention.
    Hahaha

Cettie Guest
    I had a neighbor who blasted their so-called "music" at us with 9 large speakers set up to face our house. My answer was to alternate Yoko Ono with some tapes of Gregorian Chant. That fixed 'em.

Probably the worst thing I have ever heard was on a tv show once where Tiny Tim attempted to do Sweet Home Alabama. The stuff nightmares are made of.

Auntie Vi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cettie View Post
    I

Probably the worst thing I have ever heard was on a tv show once where Tiny Tim attempted to do Sweet Home Alabama. The stuff nightmares are made of.

OMG if he wasn't already dead, I'd havta kill him.

Deathgoddess Guest

I hate to tell you this, but the sound is not a typewriter but Dolly's acrylic nails!! I know it was already terrible, now it is white trash wretched isn't it? I just watched her talking about it on American Idol the other night.

Cathy J. Guest
    9 to 5 ( the song..the movie was actually pretty good ) was one that I loved at first but ended up hating it soon after. For a time, at least in my hometown EVERY place on the radio dial played it. The country stations, the light rock stations, I even heard one station play that song just after AC/DC's You Shook Me All Night Long.

heaven can wait Guest
    Joe dolce....... Shad up a ya face. That crap managed to keep Vienna by Ultravox off the number 1 spot in the U.K.

nodano Guest
    I hate to tell you this, but the sound is not a typewriter but Dolly's acrylic nails!! I know it was already terrible, now it is white trash wretched isn't it? I just watched her talking about it on American Idol the other night.
    That's verrrry interestink!!!!!

I heard that little factoid about the typrwriter on a rerun of "American Top 40" on XM radio. You remember Casey would do those little useless trivia breaks.

In the XM reruns they still have "Long distance dedications". God, I can not begin to tell you how much I hated those.

Amy
    Last edited by nodano; 04-13-2008 at 07:11 AM. Reason: oops

pryncssdeb Guest

Hate to burst your bubble, but that wasn't a typewriter. It was her fake nails... She talks about it all the time. If you click them together just right it sounds IDENTICAL to a typewriter typing.

Oh, and 9 to 5 is now on Broadway...

deb