Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567815 ... LastLast

Thread: How about the Worst song you ever heard?

TNpuck Guest
    Achy breaky heart or any other country song

Jenny Mulhenny Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Hi, Jenny.

Unlike a lot of Prince's music; that one just never appealed to me. I don't care for the lyrics or for the way he "delivers" it; the cadence.

Obviously, many, many people feel otherwise; just because I don't care for it does not mean that it is no good; it just means that I didn't like it.

I don't take your question as being argumentative; just an expression of your opinion and wondering why mine is what it is.

As for my taste in music and TV shows; funny thing...once I start to like a band or a show; they seem to disappear pretty quickly.

I would say that this calls into question my taste in such things.
    Thanks Jim!
    All my shows get canceled too. Except for Cops. That one will never die.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny Mulhenny View Post
    Thanks Jim!
    All my shows get canceled too. Except for Cops. That one will never die.
    "Cops" is the natural descendent of Dragnet and Adam 12; both Jack Webb productions; that attempt to portray life "in the field" for everyday cops.

Difference is that today; the camera can ride along; unlike in the past.

How these officers deal so patiently with some of those people is beyond me. I could not be a cop; I would slap people who need a good slapping; for their own good; and for that of society.

I digress; and change the subject; sorry. Must be the Royal Crown and tonic.

Jenny Mulhenny Guest
    Must be the Royal Crown and tonic.
    Hey, now, you should share the booze!

Jenny,

I thought you might get a smile from this.

Every since I responded to your post last night; Little Red Corvette has been "stuck" in my head. I'm hearing it over and over; I've found myself humming or whistling it incessantly all day; and I'm kinda starting to like it.

Look what you did!

Jenny Mulhenny Guest
    Jenny,

I thought you might get a smile from this.

Every since I responded to your post last night; Little Red Corvette has been "stuck" in my head. I'm hearing it over and over; I've found myself humming or whistling it incessantly all day; and I'm kinda starting to like it.

Look what you did!
    That makes me smile.
    For me it's the first line that does it because I find it poetic. I'm the type of romantic who's into relationships that are doomed from the start.

I guess I should've known
    By the way you parked your car
    Sideways
    That it wouldn't last

Desertrose Guest
    I just heard this song, yet again, and I realize how much I hate it..."We Are the Champions", by Queen. I just really despise this "song".

rose1985 Guest
    Pvezz do you really find "Bette Davis Eyes" that awful? Are u kidding me? The song is brilliant!

Last edited by Dan33185; 12-21-2010 at 01:23 AM.

Yeah James blunt sucks donkey dicks.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Glad to!

Everybody come on over. We'll sit out on the deck; drink a couple...I'll throw some steaks on the grill.

Quote Originally Posted by PvN73 View Post
    I hope you are not going to get RSI with all those petitions you are signing!
    I just signs 'em ma'am. I doesn't deestributte them.

cherryghost Guest
    Im sure we are 'All acting our age not our shoe size' here !

I used to 'love when doves fly' Prince was great in concert in the 90's!

But not 'Flock of Seagulls' "And I ran"

Whatever song you were enjoying last!!!!
    HAAA!!!!!!!!!
    Just joking!
    I love you Aussies!
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

monroe27 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Yeah James blunt sucks donkey dicks.
    I choked on my salad when I read this!! ha ha!!

crimson and clover Guest
    One Week by Barenaked Ladies...........with Don't Worry Be Happy by Bobby McFerrin running a close second

alicecooper91 Guest
    That song "I've Been to Paradise, but I've Never Been to Me" is pretty horrible.
    I also cringe whenever I hear any Dan Fogelberg songs but I felt really bad when he died since he's my mom's favorite singer.
    Uhhhm...Mrs. Miller and Tiny Tim are pretty bad but I find them amusing and I own a Mrs. Miller album.

OH! And I simply cannot STAND that freaking "I'm Bringing Sexy Back" song by that ugly untalented Justin Timberlake. It makes me want to kick puppies.

Cathy J. Guest
    Another bad song...

I don't know who sings it or whats it called but its a hop hop tune with the lyrics..

"...suicidal...suicidal" "..girl...you make me suicidal..suicidal"

Not long ago I was in Denver and one of their radio stations I know played that song it seemed every darn hour. Went out to eat..there it was coming from one's radio. In the cab..same thing. Even at the gift shop at the airport..there it was again.

At the gift shop I turned to my husband and said "..there it is again". the clerk on duty then says to me "..well honey..everyone has bipolar disorder nowadays..get over it !!". WTF???

alicecooper91 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy J. View Post
    Another bad song...

I don't know who sings it or whats it called but its a hop hop tune with the lyrics..

"...suicidal...suicidal" "..girl...you make me suicidal..suicidal"

Not long ago I was in Denver and one of their radio stations I know played that song it seemed every darn hour. Went out to eat..there it was coming from one's radio. In the cab..same thing. Even at the gift shop at the airport..there it was again.

At the gift shop I turned to my husband and said "..there it is again". the clerk on duty then says to me "..well honey..everyone has bipolar disorder nowadays..get over it !!". WTF???
    Ahahaha, that's "Beautiful Girls" by Sean Kingston. Slightly irritating but I tolerate it pretty well.

Another I just remembered is a bizarre rap song where they just repeat the word gasoline in Spanish over and over again...makes me want to douse myself in gasoline and light up a match.

"My Heart Will Go On" by Celine Dion. It was alright back in 1997 when Titanic came out in theaters. Now, it feels like nails on a chalkboard. It is played too much on the radio nowadays.

cachluv Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cachluv View Post
    I agree with you. That video, along with the song, is just awful.

Why does anybody pay attention to K-fed. Hes simply awful. Public executions for people like this should be allowed.

PvN73 Guest
    Why does anybody pay attention to K-fed. Hes simply awful. Public executions for people like this should be allowed.
    What about a good old fashioned stoning? that way everyone gets a go...

Ooh did you see that stoning video of that poor girl? Awful. People can be savages.

PvN73 Guest
    Ooh did you see that stoning video of that poor girl? Awful. People can be savages.
    There is also a scene in the kite runner, I had to turn away cause I started crying. It was just awful.

Auntie Vi Guest
    MacArthur park has been mentioned alot, but I gotta say it one more time. THE STOOPIDEST SONG EVER WRITTEN, SANG AND COVERED!!!!!

I HATE HATE HATE I'm your captain "I'm getting closer to my Hoooooooooommmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

And that song by the Who, Behind Blue eyes, I mean part of it is ok, but that stick your finger down my throat shit has got to go

And speaking of the Who, Who Are You also makes me want to hurl

Paradise bythe Dash Board Lights by Meat Loaf, Hate IT, i know some people who think this is a great love song. They are REfuckinTARDED, this guy wants to die just to get away from the girl, he's praying for the end of time. The total opposite of a love song if'n you ask me

Total eclispe of the heart, as a matter of fact anything by Bonnie tyler, change the station!

Good to get that off me chest

Forever-27 Guest
    Anything By Styxx or Hall and Oats or Peter Grabrial . Lionel Ritchie is a close second. I hear anything by any of these idiots makes me want to take a sledgehammer to the radio. Hate these groups

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever-27 View Post
    Anything By Styxx or Hall and Oats or Peter Grabrial . Lionel Ritchie is a close second. I hear anything by any of these idiots makes me want to take a sledgehammer to the radio. Hate these groups
    Yeah I wasn't that all impressed with Styx.

Queen_Death_Hag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Vi View Post
    MacArthur park has been mentioned alot, but I gotta say it one more time. THE STOOPIDEST SONG EVER WRITTEN, SANG AND COVERED!!!!!

I HATE HATE HATE I'm your captain "I'm getting closer to my Hoooooooooommmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

And that song by the Who, Behind Blue eyes, I mean part of it is ok, but that stick your finger down my throat shit has got to go

And speaking of the Who, Who Are You also makes me want to hurl

Paradise bythe Dash Board Lights by Meat Loaf, Hate IT, i know some people who think this is a great love song. They are REfuckinTARDED, this guy wants to die just to get away from the girl, he's praying for the end of time. The total opposite of a love song if'n you ask me

Total eclispe of the heart, as a matter of fact anything by Bonnie tyler, change the station!

Good to get that off me chest
    Good another Meatloaf Paradise by the Dashboard lights hater!!!

leeny994 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan33185 View Post
    anything by James Blunt
    thank you...

Auntie Vi Guest
    I also hate the james Blunt song, "You're Beautiful" but you know when it sucks the most? When the co-worker next to you has it as a ringtone and constanly gets calls

Deathgoddess Guest
    That " I don't wanna wait" song by Paula Cole. It use to be the theme song to Dawson's Creek and it makes NO sense. I get angry whenever i hear it, it is ridiculous

I've got you all beat: PLAYGROUND IN MY MIND by Clint Holmes. EEEEEEEYYYYYYUUUUUUUUUUU.
    "Everybody is born, and everybody dies. Being born wasn't so bad , was it?"
    Peter the Hermit

More Cheese Please Guest
    http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=irgJPq...eature=related

I don't know Magnus... it's hard to beat this ass hat....

Don't take your love to town....

You've painted up your lips
    And rolled and curled your tinted hair
    Ruby are you contemplating
    Going out somewhere
    The shadow on the wall
    Tells me the sun is going down
    Oh Ruby
    Don't take your love to town

It wasn't me
    That started that old crazy Asian war
    But I was proud to go
    And do my patriotic chore
    And yes, it's true that
    I'm not the man I used to be
    Oh, Ruby I still need some company

Its hard to love a man
    Whose legs are bent and paralysed
    And the wants and the needs of a woman your age
    Ruby I realize,
    But it won't be long i've heard them say until I not around
    Oh Ruby

She's leaving now cause
    I just heard the slamming of the door
    The way I know I've heard it slamming
    Some 100 times before
    And if I could move I'd get my gun
    And put her in the ground
    Oh Ruby

Oh Ruby for God's sake turn around

Quote Originally Posted by MagnusDippytack View Post
    I've got you all beat: PLAYGROUND IN MY MIND by Clint Holmes. EEEEEEEYYYYYYUUUUUUUUUUU.
    Clint Holmes would give you a big hug for saying that. LOL
    He totally HATES that song even though he did it.

My parents several years ago saw his show in New York and even before he would sing his first song he told the audience that if they were waiting for him to sing Playground, then they might as well leave now. He will not do that tune. Well at least he was honest. LOL

I wonder if those two kids who were on the same song feels the same way as well?

Just the drum track of Ruby, Don't Take Your Love To Town should give it an HONORABLE MENTION!

Jack Raines Guest
    "Sex and Candy" by Marcie Playground -- that song used to annoy the hell out of me in junior high.

**Jenna** Guest
    Don't much care for any of Celine Dion's songs ,there's also that Barbie girl in a barbie world by I think Aqua(don't know how to spell it) oh and informer by snow.

**Jenna** Guest
    And most of Tim Magraw's . Cannot stand his whiny voice.

alicecooper91 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen_Death_Hag View Post
    Good another Meatloaf Paradise by the Dashboard lights hater!!!
    Awww, people always hate on my favorite things haha. Oh well, I'm used to it by now.

The song that is the PLAN NINE of music

The very worst song ever is something you've probably never heard of. The band is called Womb, the song Happy Egotist. I had the album in the 70s. We used to smoke pot and then torment each other with it. Here is an article, and it has lyrics. It also describes how insipid the music is. This song, if you could hear it, would convince you that it is indeed the very worst song ever written. It's about a bloody car wreck. (I promise you it is the worst song in history)... it takes up the entire side on the album. Here is a sample:

“Caressing fog / Screeching tires / Broken tree / What’s happening to me-ee-ee?”
    “Gearshift knob / Girlfriend’s arm / Impaled upon / What’s happening to me-ee-ee.”

Of course, it gets better. Read about it.... I promise you, you'll bust up.
    http://www.newsreview.com/sacramento...oid=oid%3A3374
    Last edited by Hidium; 03-24-2008 at 04:54 PM.

Feelings. Excuse me while I barf.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by alicecooper91 View Post
    Awww, people always hate on my favorite things haha. Oh well, I'm used to it by now.
    I like that one too.

ginny9577 Guest
    BARBIE GIRL is a godawful mess of a song... i absolutely hate it.

Auntie Vi Guest
    I have never heard a song by YES that I've been able to stomach

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Vi View Post
    I have never heard a song by YES that I've been able to stomach
    Some of that 'Stadium Rock' is such pretentious crap. Another one is 'Electric Light Orchestra'.

alicecooper91 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hidium View Post
    The very worst song ever is something you've probably never heard of. The band is called Womb, the song Happy Egotist. I had the album in the 70s. We used to smoke pot and then torment each other with it. Here is an article, and it has lyrics. It also describes how insipid the music is. This song, if you could hear it, would convince you that it is indeed the very worst song ever written. It's about a bloody car wreck. (I promise you it is the worst song in history)... it takes up the entire side on the album. Here is a sample:

??Caressing fog / Screeching tires / Broken tree / What??s happening to me-ee-ee??
    ??Gearshift knob / Girlfriend??s arm / Impaled upon / What??s happening to me-ee-ee.?

Of course, it gets better. Read about it.... I promise you, you'll bust up.
    http://www.newsreview.com/sacramento...oid=oid%3A3374
    Never heard of it, but hearing about it makes me think of DOA by Bloodrock. Not so much horrible as just creepy, it's about a plane crash.

Quote Originally Posted by alicecooper91 View Post
    Never heard of it, but hearing about it makes me think of DOA by Bloodrock. Not so much horrible as just creepy, it's about a plane crash.
    Isn't it amazing that these people got record contracts?