Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111219 ... LastLast

Thread: How about the Worst song you ever heard?

trose Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rickenbacker View Post
    Seems like that era was chock full of melodramatic pop stuff. Honey, Billy Don't Be A Hero, The Night Chicago Died...
    Those are bad, but my worse is (and I apologize if it has already been mentioned)

Careless Whisper by George Michael

Makes me want to projectile vomit.

bunny Guest
    anything that, that horrible Yoko sings

dovescry1999 Guest
    in "Boogie Nights" when Dirk Diggler was singing...I don't know what the HELL he was singing,But MAN!!!!
    "You're a winner !"

Macerana....Los Del Rio

I'm Too Sexy....Right Said Fred....UGH!

Oh and Livin La Vida Loca - Ricky Martin

BooMom Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    I'm Too Sexy....Right Said Fred

AIIIEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

GAH ! Damn, was hoping no one would remember that POS !

Quote Originally Posted by BooMom View Post
    AIIIEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

GAH ! Damn, was hoping no one would remember that POS !

LMAO.....I still have that image of him going down the runway in the video..... all ugly.....and skank....talking about how he is too sexy....LMAO! Thank God for one hit wonders

Morrissey Guest
    Any song by Fall Out Boy. That band is the worst piece of shit I've ever laid my eyes on... and ears, too! Fuck, Pete Wentz makes me homicidal. He needs to find his way onto Find a Death soon... nah, he isn't good enough for FAD.

The same for Miley Cyrus. Who told this bitch she could sing? She sounds like a 45-year old woman that's been smoking unfiltered Winston's for 30 years. What a stupid little brat.

Also, the Jonas Brothers. Have they hit puberty? It doesn't sound like it... their music is seriously BAD. And there are teenage girls that go crazy over them like they're the fucking Beatles. It's sad.

Individual songs, let's see...

"I Kissed A Girl" by Katy Perry. Get your fake-party bi self somewhere... you're a whiny twat and your music is terrible!

"Shake It" by Metro Station. Of course Miley Cyrus' brother's band gets popular. It's this mixture of whiny "emo" (not real emo from the 90's, the bastardisation and mislabel that it has become) and terrible pop. The lead singer sounds like a cow and Miley's brother doesn't even sing... he like, whispers. :/

I have more hated bands and songs, but I'll get off my soapbox, I've already ranted enough! Sorry! :x

michael d Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrissey View Post

"I Kissed A Girl" by Katy Perry. Get your fake-party bi self somewhere... you're a whiny twat and your music is terrible! :x
    So what you are saying is that you are not a fan? To honest I thought I hated the song and then it just kept goin on over and over in my head. I had to tell myself it was alright so it would stop.

Quote Originally Posted by michael d View Post
    So what you are saying is that you are not a fan? To honest I thought I hated the song and then it just kept goin on over and over in my head. I had to tell myself it was alright so it would stop.

This is the most overrated song EVER!....it SUCKS

Any song by Fall Out Boy. That band is the worst piece of shit I've ever laid my eyes on... and ears, too! Fuck, Pete Wentz makes me homicidal. He needs to find his way onto Find a Death soon... nah, he isn't good enough for FAD.

The same for Miley Cyrus. Who told this bitch she could sing? She sounds like a 45-year old woman that's been smoking unfiltered Winston's for 30 years. What a stupid little brat.

Also, the Jonas Brothers. Have they hit puberty? It doesn't sound like it... their music is seriously BAD. And there are teenage girls that go crazy over them like they're the fucking Beatles. It's sad.

Individual songs, let's see...

"I Kissed A Girl" by Katy Perry. Get your fake-party bi self somewhere... you're a whiny twat and your music is terrible!

"Shake It" by Metro Station. Of course Miley Cyrus' brother's band gets popular. It's this mixture of whiny "emo" (not real emo from the 90's, the bastardisation and mislabel that it has become) and terrible pop. The lead singer sounds like a cow and Miley's brother doesn't even sing... he like, whispers. :/

I have more hated bands and songs, but I'll get off my soapbox, I've already ranted enough! Sorry! :x
    To be honest, the first time I saw Miley Cyrus on TV I thought she was about 21 years old. Well, she dresses like that. She dresses like a skank for a 15 year old. Not only are all of her songs awful, but I thought she was a whore. Whether or not she is, her appearance enough is too racy for a children's thing like Disney. She sucks.

And about your comment about how crazy-acid fan girls treat the Jonas Brothers like the Beatles, the Jonas Brothers can't and shouldn't even be compared to actual great bands like the Beatles!

I also hate any song from Fall Out Boy and from Panic at the Disco.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Didn't know that was a thing...

michael d Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    This is the most overrated song EVER!....it SUCKS
    Its funny that the song is so devisive. On I tunes it rates right in the middle because half the people hate it with the passion while the other half see it as a "pushing the envelope" creative. To be honest the ability of women to explore other women on a casual basis is interesting. I'm wondering if people are offended by the song for its content or just think its bad music.

Its funny that the song is so devisive. On I tunes it rates right in the middle because half the people hate it with the passion while the other half see it as a "pushing the envelope" creative. To be honest the ability of women to explore other women on a casual basis is interesting. I'm wondering if people are offended by the song for its content or just think its bad music.

It actually has nothing to do with the content...for me anyway.....it is just plain stupid IMO....roger out

Morrissey Guest
    Coming from a -real- homosexual, I hate it not for its content, but for other reasons.

Oh, and thanks Kyouya -- I'm very glad someone agrees! Miley is in fact the opposite of the good-girl image she feigns having... many pictures have been leaked of her half naked on guys, and ones she took in her underwear for one of the Jonas Brothers. -vomit-

Coming from a -real- homosexual, I hate it not for its content, but for other reasons.

Oh, and thanks Kyouya -- I'm very glad someone agrees! Miley is in fact the opposite of the good-girl image she feigns having... many pictures have been leaked of her half naked on guys, and ones she took in her underwear for one of the Jonas Brothers. -vomit-
    Anytime, Morrissey. Her and the Jonas Brothers are ugly, overrated bitches anyway.

Cathy J. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyouya Ohtori Ouran Host View Post
    To be honest, the first time I saw Miley Cyrus on TV I thought she was about 21 years old. Well, she dresses like that. She dresses like a skank for a 15 year old. Not only are all of her songs awful, but I thought she was a whore. Whether or not she is, her appearance enough is too racy for a children's thing like Disney. She sucks.

And about your comment about how crazy-acid fan girls treat the Jonas Brothers like the Beatles, the Jonas Brothers can't and shouldn't even be compared to actual great bands like the Beatles!

I also hate any song from Fall Out Boy and from Panic at the Disco.
    I totally agree with you !!

I give both Hanna Montana and the Jonas Brothers a year or two before they fade away. Of course they could come back say 10 years from now in a totally different form.

Kinda like Joey Lawrence. I remember when he was "the big thing" among teen girls. Today Joey is somewhat making a comeback..my brother was telling me Joey is becoming very popular among gay men thanks to Joey's shaved head, hairy chest look. The bar he goes to often flashes pics of Joey today on their monitors and the guys just well....can one say lust?

Funny thing is I doubt Joey Lawrence knows how popular he is with that crowd LOL

Quote Originally Posted by pvezz View Post
    In my personal top two are:

"Bette Davis Eyes" by Kim Carnes
    "Do You Believe?" by Cher

but the absolute WORST, IMO, is this Paul Anka classic, "Having My Baby". Look at the lyrics! WTF?

[Paul:]
    Havin' my baby
    What a lovely way of sayin'
    How much you love me
    Havin' my baby
    What you're thinkin' of me
    I can see it, face is glowin'
    I can see in your eyes
    I'm happy you know it

[Both:]
    That you're havin' my baby

You're the woman I love
    And I love what it's doin' to ya

Havin' my baby

You're a woman in love
    And I love what's goin' through ya

The need inside you
    I see it showin'
    Whoa, the seed inside ya
    Baby, do you feel it growin'
    Are you happy you know it
    That you're

Havin' my baby

[Odia:]
    I'm a woman in love
    And I love what it's doin' to me

Havin' my baby

I'm a woman in love
    And I love what's goin' through me

Didn't have to keep it
    Wouldn't put ya through it
    You could have swept it from you life
    But you wouldn't do it
    No, you wouldn't do it

And you're havin' my baby

I'm a woman in love
    And I love what it's doin' to me

Havin' my baby

I'm a woman in love

Havin' my baby (havin' my baby)
    How much you love me

Havin' my baby
    (havin' my baby)

I'm a woman in love

Anyone else?
    I don't think any woman in hard labor is thinking "I love what's goin' through me" and she would find all sorts of ways to tell numbnuts Anka what she thinks of him!

Quote Originally Posted by amaranthaseven View Post
    By the gods, where to start! It seems like there are more stupid songs out there every time I turn around.
    I hope to never hear "My Heart Will Go On" as performed by Celen Dion, or anyone else, ever again. It was a crappy song to begin with, and then got overkill airplay. The lyrics make no sense at all and are redundant.

Then there is "MacArthur Park". I'm sure in someone's marijuana-addled mind that song made sense. Either that, or it's code for some depraved set of sexual practices and the lyrics went completely over my head, but still . . .
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacArthur_Park_(song)

It made Dave Barry's list of worst songs ever recorded (as recorded by Richard Harris- whoa!), so I'm not entirely alone in my opinion. Hee!

Cheers,
    Amy
    WTF about someone leaving a cake out in the rain? That song is the personification of being burned out.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by secretsquirrel13 View Post
    The Neverending Story by Limahl....
    You Light Up My Life by Debby Boone ...
    The Rose by Bette Midler
    anything by Celine Dion

funny story about the Debby Boone song...about 10 years ago I was at a karaoke bar for a New Years Eve celebration...we were pretty wasted by around 1am, and I was sitting at a table right in front of the stage...some chick gets on stage and starts singing a god awful rendition of that song....and I start to glare at her...then without taking my eyes off her, I pick up my plastic knife and start sawing on my wrists as she keeps singing...she gets quite upset watching me, forgets the words and runs off the stage...
    Did I mention I don't like that song??
    LMAO! You rock, Secretsquirrel.

Quote Originally Posted by secretsquirrel13 View Post
    awww..but that is my THEME song BABY!!

(does the big ol' butt dance)
    What is the "big ol' butt dance" ? Inquiring minds want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
    These songs are sure to make me scream (and not in a good way):

1.) "Milkshake" by Kellis ("my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard, their life is better than yours......") This is my all-time least favorite, and of course gets stuck in my head often!!
    2.) "You Light Up My Life" by Debby Boone (that is a popular song on this list--gee, I wonder why)
    3.) Anything by that fergalicious talent Fergie--all of her songs are a major affront to women and any other hearing human being
    4.) "Macarena" by those two old guys (forget their names--bummer) I defy anyone WITHOUT LOOKING ONLINE to tell me what the lyrics are--yeah, I thought so
    4.) Any and every single song that Bob Dylan has and ever will do in his entire lifetime--self-indulgent pieces of crap, sung by someone who sounds like he was taught by Sonny Bono.
    The Macarena dance moves reminds me of the Pepto-Bismol "Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea" commercials.

Quote Originally Posted by cherryghost View Post
    Im sure we are 'All acting our age not our shoe size' here !

I used to 'love when doves fly' Prince was great in concert in the 90's!

But not 'Flock of Seagulls' "And I ran"
    Umm...no offense, but it's called, "When Doves Cry." I loved that song. Do you remember the hairdo the Flock of Seagulls guy had? Nightmare!

Quote Originally Posted by lulubaines View Post
    OH I HATE THAT SONG!!! Sorry about the shouting..but it is just the hokeist(sp) stupidist, most moronic song I ever heard. And I go to church! I actually gag and my eyes water when I hear it. I'm going to go take some meds.....
    I HATE that freakin' song! Three weeks ago, a friend of mine was in a karaoke contest at a local bar. I promised to go for moral support and had to sit through that POS twice, all the time hoping and praying that I would be put out of my misery by a lightning bolt.

lane4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by deathybrad View Post
    I just found something funny. I said in another thread that "We built this City" by Starship was the most frightening song from my childhood. Now I just read that it's Blender.com's number one worst song ever. Ironical.
    Recently my Mom heard that song, she was saying how much she liked it. I laughed & told her it consistantly ranks as one of the worse songs of the 80's. She didn't believe me - so I google it & show her. Not just Blenders list (I love that mag, btw) but every damn list!

rickenbacker Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanwench View Post
    Umm...no offense, but it's called, "When Doves Cry." I loved that song. Do you remember the hairdo the Flock of Seagulls guy had? Nightmare!
    Do I remember it? Hell, I used to do that to my hair! I drew the line at parachute pants though.

You know, I worship the Beatles. I mean, they are THE band for me. Without them, the music business wouldn't be what it is. That being said, Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da is one stupid horrible song! If it comes on the radio, I can hit the "seek" button in nanoseconds.

I'm back! And I have another artist and his/her appalling music.

I cannot stand ANY of Rihanna's music, especially the Umbrella song. The word 'umbrella' has three syllables, NOT fucking eight. Three!!

I also hate her "Take a Bow" song. I can kind of understand what her lyrics mean, but the concept is so stupid!

I really don't feel like mentioning her other music because they all suck as bad as the two mentioned above that are played way too much on the radio.
    Last edited by Kyouya Ohtori Ouran Host; 08-27-2008 at 05:27 PM.

Cathy J. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lane4 View Post
    Recently my Mom heard that song, she was saying how much she liked it. I laughed & told her it consistantly ranks as one of the worse songs of the 80's. She didn't believe me - so I google it & show her. Not just Blenders list (I love that mag, btw) but every damn list!

The funny thing about We Built This City....I don't think Starship liked it either and yet they did that song LOL

I still remember when they appeared on one of those American Bandstand retro specials back in the 80s doing We Built This City. Of couse it was lip synched ( Dick Clark was soooo into that ) But the look on their faces was like "...we sooooo don't want to do this !!!"

VSA Guest
    Glen Campbell...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RY4c4rcciE
    Rhinestone Cowboy

Worse than that? Hasselhoff covering Glen Campbell and various others.

monroe27 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanwench View Post
    I don't think any woman in hard labor is thinking "I love what's goin' through me" and she would find all sorts of ways to tell numbnuts Anka what she thinks of him!
    I choked on my water when I read "numbnuts Anka"! That was hilarious. Btw, that song is a bit creepy to me. If he is trying to be romantic to a pregnant lady, he failed miserably. If my Fiance' had came up tp me and sang that song while I was preggers, I prolly would have punched him!

monroe27 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by VSA View Post
    Glen Campbell...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RY4c4rcciE
    Rhinestone Cowboy

Worse than that? Hasselhoff covering Glen Campbell and various others.
    ok that song brings some memories. My sister likes to take songs she doesn't like and sing them wrong. Well she heard the Rhinestone Cowboy song and made this up to the chorus:
    "Like a Rhinestone Booger"!
    Getting caught in your nose
    and you cannot pick it out"!
    Yes I know, immature. But when we were kids we were easily amused by stuff like that!

monroe27 Guest
    I'm back! And I have another artist and his/her appalling music.

I cannot stand ANY of Rihanna's music, especially the Umbrella song. The word 'umbrella' has three syllables, NOT fucking eight. Three!!

I also hate her "Take a Bow" song. I can kind of understand what her lyrics mean, but the concept is so stupid!

I really don't feel like mentioning her other music because they all suck as bad as the two mentioned above that are played way too much on the radio.
    OMG. I hate all of her songs too. Have you heard that song by her call "Disturbia"? It is awful. My sister loves Rhianna, so I constantly hear this junk all the time when i am in her car.

monroe27 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy J. View Post
    I never cared that much for Robert Palmer either. BUT..I did like the ORIGINAL Every Kinda People. But from what I heard Robert hated that song so much ( the original from the 70s ) that he destroyed the master copy of it around the same time he re-recorded that song in the 90s. Result being the original is a rare find and hardly ever ( if ever ) gets played but the newer Every Kinda People does seem to find its way on those light rock radio stations. Guess thats the way he wanted.

ELP's Lucky Man...I used to play that a lot in my classic rock radio days.
    It was a good song to sneak out of the studio to go to the bathroom during. But not as good as American Pie LOL
    I have the original "Every Kinda People" on 45. I found it in a record shop here that closed a year ago. I love that song. Awesome lyrics.

Quote Originally Posted by monroe27 View Post
    I choked on my water when I read "numbnuts Anka"! That was hilarious. Btw, that song is a bit creepy to me. If he is trying to be romantic to a pregnant lady, he failed miserably. If my Fiance' had came up tp me and sang that song while I was preggers, I prolly would have punched him!
    Any man saying that to a pregnant woman deserves to be punched.

33. 08-28-2008, 12:00 AM

Cathy J. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by siameseman View Post
    There was a song from the 50's or 60's called lollipop and I absolutely can't stand it. I think it was from a group called the Chordetts. If it ever comes on the radio its not definitely not on there for very long. How anyone could ever come out with a song like that I don't know.

And then there is that Neil Sedaka song "breaking up is hard to do" and a few others of his. The master tapes to these songs and all remnants of them should be burned.
    It is the Chordetts. Not a fan of "Lollipop" either. My guess is that back in those days it was common for kids to get together , call up ( or even just show up ) some recording studio and they cut records with the lyrcs and music ( usually mindless patter) already written well in advance. I guess the record companies bought the lyrics and music by the bulk. Some become hits ( like Alley-Oop and Lollipop ), others not so much like "Oh Baby..lets do the train". And since many of those kids made those records on a lark, that explains why so many of them ened up being one hit wonders. And rare if any of those records lasted more than TWO minutes.

Neil Sedaka actually had two versions of Breaking Up, the original from the early 60s and one in the mid 70's. The latter was a very slow tune. Either way they both stunk.

35. 08-28-2008, 01:45 AM

rickenbacker Guest
    Here's one that pisses me off. "All I Want To Do (Is Make Love To You)" by Heart. The song is bad enough. But then my wife says she loves it because "it's so beautiful". I've shared that with some co-workers, and apparently she's not alone. Excuse me? "We can't have a baby, so I'm going to bang some stranger in a hotel"??? Oh yeah. That's a freakin' sentimental idea.

Here's one that pisses me off. "All I Want To Do (Is Make Love To You)" by Heart. The song is bad enough. But then my wife says she loves it because "it's so beautiful". I've shared that with some co-workers, and apparently she's not alone. Excuse me? "We can't have a baby, so I'm going to bang some stranger in a hotel"??? Oh yeah. That's a freakin' sentimental idea.
    And what about that poor guy at the end when she sees him with the kid. He must have felt like "thanks for using my sperm and not telling me that I had a kid. Bitch."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

rickenbacker Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    And what about that poor guy at the end when she sees him with the kid. He must have felt like "thanks for using my sperm and not telling me that I had a kid. Bitch."
    Exactly! And this is "beautiful"? Sheesh. It's bizarre!

NewYorkDoll Guest
    Paper Lace: The Night Chicago Died

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-L0NpaErkk

I'm walking on Sunshine by that girl...I forgot her name. Everyone loves that song but me!

monroe27 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by michihunt View Post
    I'm walking on Sunshine by that girl...I forgot her name. Everyone loves that song but me!
    Katrina and the Waves does that song.

rickenbacker Guest
    Here's one from my childhood. "How Do You Do" by Mouth and McNeil. How the hell did this get to be a hit? I was only 10, but I remember seeing them on some TV show, and thinking "WTF?". Yeah, thanks to older brothers, I knew the word!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2skBGdyoMkk

pvezz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lane4 View Post
    recently my mom heard that song, she was saying how much she liked it. I laughed & told her it consistantly ranks as one of the worse songs of the 80's. She didn't believe me - so i google it & show her. Not just blenders list (i love that mag, btw) but every damn list!

gag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The worst for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cara Guest
    Carless Whisper by George Michael...ughh ew ick!!!

VSA Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by monroe27 View Post
    ok that song brings some memories. My sister likes to take songs she doesn't like and sing them wrong. Well she heard the Rhinestone Cowboy song and made this up to the chorus:
    "Like a Rhinestone Booger"!
    Getting caught in your nose
    and you cannot pick it out"!
    Yes I know, immature. But when we were kids we were easily amused by stuff like that!
    No way, I love doing that! My kind of girl.

STRAIGHT Guest
    There have been so many crappy songs over the years that's impossible for me to pick my all-time least favorite so I'll mention a few that come to mind in no particular order. 1. Seasons in the Sun...Terry Jacks.
    2. Money.....The Flying Lizards.
    3. Revolution number 9...The Beatles.
    4. The Crunge....Led Zeppelin.
    5. Just about everything that's around today, especially Rap.

monroe27 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by VSA View Post
    No way, I love doing that! My kind of girl.
    She still does it to this day! And she just turned 22! I can always count on her for a laugh when I'm down in the dumps!

Oh hell, I am going to bed now, and I have these in my head. Does anyone else feel like they lived in an alternate universe 70s and 80s? I know I did.

Noelle Page Guest
    Here's one from my childhood. "How Do You Do" by Mouth and McNeil. How the hell did this get to be a hit? I was only 10, but I remember seeing them on some TV show, and thinking "WTF?". Yeah, thanks to older brothers, I knew the word!

We just kinda "took it" in the 70s, didn't we?

I hate two more songs, but these I've hated my whole life:

"How do I Live" by Leann Rimes
    "Breathe" by Faith Hill

I don't work well with country. Never have, never will.

monroe27 Guest

OMG, now that is stuck in my head. What the heck were they saying n-e-ways? How do u do, uh huh
    I thought why not da da da
    just me and you
    and then we can na na na na
    WTF is right!!!

Morrissey Guest
    I hate two more songs, but these I've hated my whole life:

"How do I Live" by Leann Rimes
    "Breathe" by Faith Hill

I don't work well with country. Never have, never will.
    Country music is shitty now... I love Hank Williams, Patsy Cline, and the like... but this modern crap is atrocious! How do people stand hearing about tractors and Chevy's and dead dogs?!

This gem I'm about to show you, is probably the most annoying and horrible country song I've heard in quite some time.

The chorus is especially horrendous.

Sugarland - All I Want To Do

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSyeto050ZU

All I want to do is rip your vocal chords out, lady!