Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: St. Patricks Day!

St. Pattys Day, Green Beer and Leprechauns

A couple of years old; but just in time for St. Pattys day...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nda_OSWeyn8

poppie Guest
    Aries - Touche'

Clevelanddeathfan Guest

St. Patrick's Day

What is everyone doing for St. Patrick's Day? I plan on watching the parade here in Cleveland and staying in a bar in downtown until the cops throw me out early Tuesday morning.

I knew we had one of these around here somewhere. Merged.

Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    Not everyone that drinks is a asshole though. I happen know a lot of clean and sober assholes. Assholes are everywhere.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

disco Guest
    we are irish on st pattys day. isnt everybody. i love corned beef and cabbage. but i always mess it up. so i celebrate at the local clanceys then i eat it.

Snoopy Guest
    My son when he was real young used to make a trap to catch a leprochan in every night before St. Patty's. My husband and I used to leave a little picture of a leprochan in it and a note from him saying maybe you'll catch me next year! it was too cute.

BigBootyJudy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by disco View Post
    we are irish on st pattys day. isnt everybody. i love corned beef and cabbage. but i always mess it up. so i celebrate at the local clanceys then i eat it.

I am a pretty good cook and I used to always screw it up royally! The best way to do it and you can't screw it up, throw it in a crock pot on low all day with a big bottle of guiness beer as the liquid!!! I promise you will be the talk of your household! If you do the cabbage I would boil that separately though.

Heres a good onr for St. Patricks Day
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCbuRA_D3KU
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

knothere Guest
    wow im irish n sober
    there always trying to take my lucky charms

happy pattys to u all

kelbons Guest

WendyK Guest
    Happy St. Patricks Day to everyone! Kelly Em looks so darn cute!

More Cheese Please Guest

kelbons Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by WendyK View Post
    Happy St. Patricks Day to everyone! Kelly Em looks so darn cute!
    Thanks! Isn't she a booger???

That's Buttercup Baby Bunny Rabbit she's holding (not that you can really see him, other than a foot!). That's his name. She has to say the whole thing every time!!!

OBX Guest
    Happy St. Patrick's Day to all !

And here is a mandatory song for ya!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Jgma--0WYU

That really is a beautiful song.

Happy St. Patrick's Day to all!

OBX Guest
    Go JIm!!!! two more posts!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    Its coming up. My favorite single day o the year. I will be in SF at the parade then hit a few pubs. Im goin to pretend i'm Oliver Reed. Guinness, corned beef and cabbage all day long. Maybe even down a Irish car bomb or two. Do any of you guys have any plans?
    You scare me and I like it.

Actually, there is a longstanding tradition with me and my friends. We try to be the first one to call and say "Happy (whatever holiday it is) Asshole!" As long as I get called an asshole on a holiday, I know I'm loved. I got it this AM from my best friend, and I got my friend in Oklahoma later in the day. I don't know how this started, but we find it hilarious. Hey, I'm Irish, we aren't rational. I saw a picture of an Irish scarecrow... It was a fence painted with the words: "Fuck Off Crows". Also, in Dublin, the sporting goods shops sell about 5 baseball bats a week. They don't play baseball. The Irish ROCK. Thank you, I know it's a weird tradition, but it's mine.

I get called asshole everyday.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

spoiledkitty Guest
    HAPPY ST PAT"S DAY!! AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SMOOCHIES AND MY MOM!

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    I get called asshole everyday.
    Muwahahaha!!

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Hidium View Post
    Actually, there is a longstanding tradition with me and my friends. We try to be the first one to call and say "Happy (whatever holiday it is) Asshole!" As long as I get called an asshole on a holiday, I know I'm loved. I got it this AM from my best friend, and I got my friend in Oklahoma later in the day. I don't know how this started, but we find it hilarious. Hey, I'm Irish, we aren't rational. I saw a picture of an Irish scarecrow... It was a fence painted with the words: "Fuck Off Crows". Also, in Dublin, the sporting goods shops sell about 5 baseball bats a week. They don't play baseball. The Irish ROCK. Thank you, I know it's a weird tradition, but it's mine.

The Irish must use those bats on crows that can't read!

Or opposing soccer fans.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post

The Irish must use those bats on crows that can't read!

Or opposing soccer fans.

Yeah, huh?

vandal Guest

Help Make St. Patricks Day a National Holiday

Sign the Petition to show support of Proposition 3-17, I know they have done this in the past with little success, so if your Irish or just like green beer, go ahead and sign it.

Story: http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle...s_day_a-2.html
    Petition: http://www.proposition317.com/Gateway.aspx

Why should it be a holiday?
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

lisalouver Guest
    I signed it, thanks vandal.

I'm Irish and proud of it and we have holidays for every other thing, why not Saint Patricks Day?

Awesome thing, I will pass around thanks!

AaronVail Guest
    Yes, why? Isn't it shameful enough to celebrate a silly man who, like so many of his 'brothers', spread ridiculousness throughout the land? I'm glad people pay respect for this by getting completely hammered.

lisalouver Guest
    Why shouldn't it be a holiday?

AaronVail Guest
    Why should it? You first.

lisalouver Guest
    Why dont you read the story behind it and that will answer your question.

AaronVail Guest
    I know the story behind it. Why would we make it a holiday here?

I signed it because St Patrick's Day is a very revered holiday in my husbands family!
    Wanna see my grandkids?

AaronVail Guest
    Is the New York Daily News a respected newspaper? Do people not realize that this is an advertising campaign?

vandal Guest
    There are plenty of holidays that celebrate peoples nationality or race. Columbus Day, heres a guy who was some 300 years late to the North American party and that has turned into an Italian American Holiday. Here in the states I dont think St. Patricks day is really a celebration of St. Patrick himself, but a celebration of the Irish people who built most of the east coast with their backs. They were discriminated against far into the 1940s, my grandfather as an example had to lose his accent just in order to find someone who would employ him in New York City when he came here in 1938.

AaronVail Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by vandal View Post
    There are plenty of holidays that celebrate peoples nationality or race. Columbus Day, heres a guy who was some 300 years late to the North American party and that has turned into an Italian American Holiday. Here in the states I dont think St. Patricks day is really a celebration of St. Patrick himself, but a celebration of the Irish people who built most of the east coast with their backs. They were discriminated against far into the 1940s, my grandfather as an example had to lose his accent just in order to find someone who would employ him in New York City when he came here in 1938.
    Ok, and I understand that. We should give the Japanese a day as well and, um, our aboriginal peoples.

My point is, it's a stunt by Guinness.

There are plenty of holidays that celebrate peoples nationality or race.
    How many EXACTLY?
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Screwtape Guest
    We gave the Japanese a day. December 7th.

Wasn't there an effort to change Columbus Day to 'Discovery Day' or something less politically bothersome? Whatever happened to that?

vandal Guest
    We do have a holiday that honors the American Indians in away, Thanksgiving. I do also agree with you that the reason that it comes up this time of the year and by Guinness is because it helps them sell beer, but they also have a means to organize such a campaign that the Ancient order of the Hiberians or another Irish group probably couldnt.

Meli Guest

Exactly! I am Irish, so St Patrick's Day is about celebrating who we are and where we came from. Only stupid people think its a Holiday designed to drink (And most Irish people are NOT amongest those who do)

Fujicakes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    We gave the Japanese a day. December 7th.

Wasn't there an effort to change Columbus Day to 'Discovery Day' or something less politically bothersome? Whatever happened to that?
    In some areas they call it indigenous peoples day.

Screwtape Guest
    Oh yeah, that really rolls off the tongue. Happy Indigenous Peoples Day.

Meli Guest

Meli Guest

LMAO

Fujicakes Guest
    LOL only if you practice hard enough

vandal Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    How many EXACTLY?
    Well I teach and just off the top of my head, we get 2 days off for Jewish Holidays, Martin Luther King Day, Columbus Day, and next year we are closing for a day for Ramaden.

Shano Guest
    Why?

Because how many other "holidays" that are not considered "National Holiday's" have:

1. people lining the streets for parades,
    2. every one dressed in the same color,
    3. everyone claim to be something even though they are not,
    4. most people going out to bars, restaurants etc. for fellowship with friends, family and people that just happen to be out because of the "Holiday".
    5. And what other "Holiday" makes a city (Chicago) want to turn all of it's waterways green?

Why? Why not, people all over the country and world celebrate it anyway.

AaronVail Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Melicious625 View Post
    Exactly! I am Irish, so St Patrick's Day is about celebrating who we are and where we came from. Only stupid people think its a Holiday designed to drink (And most Irish people are NOT amongest those who do)
    I'm of Irish origin, but I'm Canadian. I don't really think about being Irish, other than my ancestors are from some place called County Sligo. I really don't care either way about where I came from. Has nothing to do with me. I've never understood people who were born here (say, North America) but have such strong nationalistic feelings towards a country they've never been to.

I do like holidays and reasons to drink though, but this national holiday business is ridiculous.

vandal Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronVail View Post
    I'm of Irish origin, but I'm Canadian. I don't really think about being Irish, other than my ancestors are from some place called County Sligo. I really don't care either way about where I came from. Has nothing to do with me. I've never understood people who were born here (say, North America) but have such strong nationalistic feelings towards a country they've never been to.

I do like holidays and reasons to drink though, but this national holiday business is ridiculous.
    Well your welcome to your opinion, but a lot of people enjoy studying the history, the struggles, and the journey of their family from wherever they came from. Maybe if my family came here 200 years ago and not 70 years ago I wouldnt care as much. But I think personally if we look at our past we can find out a lot about ourselves.