Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: St. Patricks Day!

Meli Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rickenbacker View Post
    Hmmm....

Ha only if I had implants!

Somewhere twixt San Antonio & Corpus Christi
    The Boston Red Sox were in the spirit today.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

American Progress

AaronVail Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sheri View Post
    When kids get a whole WEEK for Thanksgiving, when back in the day all we got as 4 days, now a days kids also get a whole WEEK for President's...back in the day we only got 1 maybe 2 days NOT a whole friggin week...add to it floating "holidays", in addition to the 2 weeks for Christmas, MLK Day, inservice days (more than what we got), and more minimum/early release days...

THAT is too much time off...Not to mention roughly near 3 months for summer....and I don't care if they share my opinion..that's why they are KIDS and I'm an ADULT...
    Too much time off, or are you just jealous? I know I am.

And regarding "back in the day", kids used to go to school and come home and work on the farm and in the summer, they'd work all day long. There's your back in the day. Times change, things evolve.

I've always had a problem with people who like to point out that "they are KIDS and I'm an ADULT" What the hell does that mean?

simon69 Guest

Happy St. Patty's Day all my Irish Hags!!

More Cheese Please Guest
    YAY!!!! It wouldn't be St. Pat's Day without singing this one at least once.... well, at least 40 times actually by the time the night is through!

Here's a soldier's song for me great-grandmother Julia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wmYfT1Xvf8

simon69 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by More Cheese Please View Post
    YAY!!!! It wouldn't be St. Pat's Day without singing this one at least once.... well, at least 40 times actually by the time the night is through!
    Ha! Ha!

Sing this instead......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7q3AVkcDY0

9. 03-17-2009, 03:48 PM

MorbidMolly Guest

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone and Happy Anniversary Rick!

RubySlippers Guest
    any suggestions on finding a easily accessible irish beer in the states? i prefer light or wheat beer... and i prefer it cold. not very irish, but wanted to try something to go with my corned beef and cabbage!

More Cheese Please Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RubySlippers View Post
    any suggestions on finding a easily accessible irish beer in the states? i prefer light or wheat beer... and i prefer it cold. not very irish, but wanted to try something to go with my corned beef and cabbage!

RubySlippers Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by More Cheese Please View Post

cool...i'll look for it.

Armcast Guest
    I'm not signing it...not that I have anything against the Irish, but it's just that being in a nation of immigrants, many groups helped build this country into what it is today.

ghoulgurl Guest
    ---------------- Now playing: The Pogues - Dirty Old Town via FoxyTunes
    Quote Originally Posted by MorbidMolly View Post

"I Survived an Irish Childhood" ROFL, ain't that the truth?!

I♥TinyTim Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MorbidMolly View Post
    Ahhhhhhh the Gaelic me lad always makes me heart flutter....stay safe over there, and Happy Paddy`s Day to all

Coinnus a ta tu?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-WNbnDRWnY
    Last edited by I♥TinyTim; 03-17-2009 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RubySlippers View Post

djdeath-hag Guest
    I signed it.....I think I did...............too drunk to be certain. Allegedly, my ancestors were kicked out of Ireland for stealing sheep. Based on my own twisted viewpoit, I suspect that they were guilty of sheep molestation.

sheri Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronVail View Post
    Too much time off, or are you just jealous? I know I am.

And regarding "back in the day", kids used to go to school and come home and work on the farm and in the summer, they'd work all day long. There's your back in the day. Times change, things evolve.

I've always had a problem with people who like to point out that "they are KIDS and I'm an ADULT" What the hell does that mean?
    Just to make myself clear, and not for Aaron's benefit, no I am NOT jealous. Kids in school today do have way too much time off now than ever before. And even IF St. Patrick's Day were to become a national holiday, that still would not change the fact that kids who live on farms would still have to work on the farm when they come home from school. One has nothing to do with the other.

So what if times change and things evolve. Kids still have way too much time off from school. That's one thing that has not changed nor evolved. Me thinks that someone else is jealous, and like I said it's not me. I'm just responding and not trying to fan the flames of anything.

Dying Breath Guest
    We already have All Saints Day.................

lisalouver Guest
    OMG, Happy belated Saint Pats to everyone!

I did indeed sing The Unicorn Song probably 40 times!

So none of the Hags spent last night in jail? I'm disappointed!

I'm the only member of my family who likes corned beef and cabbage, so I didn't bother this year. Boo! I had a Guinness last night to celebrate.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by amaranthaseven View Post
    So none of the Hags spent last night in jail? I'm disappointed!

I'm the only member of my family who likes corned beef and cabbage, so I didn't bother this year. Boo! I had a Guinness last night to celebrate.
    No jail for me.....no detox either...which is a good thing

Quote Originally Posted by sheri View Post
    Just to make myself clear, and not for Aaron's benefit, no I am NOT jealous. Kids in school today do have way too much time off now than ever before. And even IF St. Patrick's Day were to become a national holiday, that still would not change the fact that kids who live on farms would still have to work on the farm when they come home from school. One has nothing to do with the other.

So what if times change and things evolve. Kids still have way too much time off from school. That's one thing that has not changed nor evolved. Me thinks that someone else is jealous, and like I said it's not me. I'm just responding and not trying to fan the flames of anything.
    Hi Sheri. I agree with you. I am a teacher and they have way too much time out. It is certainly not a jealousy thing, because I have the same holidays off that they do.

Fujicakes Guest
    If anything, Leif Erikson Day should also be made into a national holiday. It'd give us an excuse to wear Viking helmets.

Saint Patricks Day Plans?

Anyone out there have plans?

I will stay HOME! My hubby plays in a Celtic band and I have been to more than my share of these, uh...amateur nights.

Actually it might be a good night to go see "Alice In Wonderland"

Hmmmm

Right now it's a toss up between staying in and watching American Idol (it's an elimination night) and visiting all my regular pubs, one after another.

29. 03-17-2010, 02:33 PM

imadeathhag Guest
    I'll be chill-axing. My little niece turned 2 today though. She's so damn cute!

imadeathhag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by duster View Post
    Right now it's a toss up between staying in and watching American Idol (it's an elimination night) and visiting all my regular pubs, one after another.

Go out and have a good time Duster!

Quote Originally Posted by duster View Post

Have a great time! I decided to play my bass all afternoon. It's been so much FUN!!

Not necessarily GOOD, but fun.........

Quote Originally Posted by imadeathhag View Post
    I'll be chill-axing. My little niece turned 2 today though. She's so damn cute!

What a doll! And what a great day to have a birthday! Everyone is happy!

imadeathhag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by shipmatekate View Post
    What a doll! And what a great day to have a birthday! Everyone is happy!
    Thanks I think she has a future career as a model because she LOVES the camera!

Fujicakes Guest
    Dinner, cider, and rock band with friends! wooooo!

Hello, to all the smart people who will not
    celebrate in a crowd of people on St. Pats day.

Here in North America we need not more of
    the Coronavirus.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.