Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dylan Groene & Family

The more I read about this guy, the more angry and sick I get. I have read about alot of serial killers, but this guy makes me want to go and destroy him myself. When I look at that above picture all I can see is pure evil. This son of a bitch needs to be...... ohhh I don't think any punishment he is given in this world will ever fit what he did to these children and the other ones we don't know about.

Armcast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pvezz View Post
    I just read Dylan's letters to Shasta and am sitting here sobbing with a rock in my stomach - OMG - rest in peace you darling, sweet boy. To see him reduced to a pile of bone fragments......

I seriously dare ANYONE who is anti- death penalty to take a good hard look at this case and give me ONE REASON why this "human" should be allowed to live.....
    I can't get those notes out of my head. When I first saw them I felt like I'd been punched in the stomach...the similarity of the handwriting between Dylan and my nephew's is uncanny...I nearly threw up.

Lita Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Vi View Post
    i think there are more pics now from when originally posted. very heartbreaking

Yeah they added more pictures. Scary how many houses Duncan marked as "way points" on his GPS system. Those families have to be thankful that for whatever reason Duncan decided not to victimize them and their kid(s). The pictures of Dylan's teeth, bone fragments, skull, and hair are just sickening. That poor boy.

I ran into a link the other day on this sick SOB. I won't post it because it is sick as hell. And I wish I never clicked on it. It was some kinda profile and it had pictures of him in drag, rolling around on a carpet, sick as hell shit. And telling about how he was the main queen of the prison yard, and how he survived prision because of it. It was made before the Idaho murders, and I can't believe it is still up.

Lisamarie Guest
    I will never understand people who hurt children..how you could get off on hurting a kid is beyond me ...to look at a kid in a sexual manner....I just dont get it. I think there is a special hell...seeing that little bathingsuit was what did me in....Im reday to grab s blowtoarch and plyiers and have at it......

Auntie Vi Guest
    Duncan recieves Death sentence!

http://www.krem.com/

GODDESS6 Guest

he deserves to be tortured to death~

Thank You Lord! I was pretty sure he would but anything can happen. If there are blessings from this, it is the fact that Shasta didn't have to publicly testify.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

pvezz Guest

Too bad we'll still be waiting for it to be carried out 15 years from now......meanwhile, Dylan's family is still without him and will be forever.....

This is so sad I pray for that little girl.

Guest Guest
    AMEN! Now do the right thing and put him to death immediately!

none of this 12-15 years or more on DR "appealing" this case! there is no mistake he did it, now be done with him!

normally I wouldn't give any child abuser "credit" but we had one here that murdered brothers in Vancouver Washington The Neher boys were molested raped and hung by Wesley Allen Dodd who was sentenced to death, he fired his attorney and sued the State to put him to death immediately and he WON! He said that there was an evil and sickness in him that could never be cured and that he would find a way out and kill more children I'm a monster and need to be destroyed he got his wish, I think it was within 10 months of being captured and tried he was put to death, he hung just like his victims did!

This POS should do the same thing! People I know that once knew him stated that he was always a POS nothing redeemable about him and they cheered when the verdict came in!

may he roast in HELL!

This guy should hook up with Karla.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Just got sentenced

Pedophile Sentenced to Death for Murdering 9-Year-Old Idaho Boy

Thursday , August 28, 2008

ADVERTISEMENT

BOISE, Idaho —
    A longtime sex offender was sentenced to death Wednesday for the 2005 kidnapping, torture and murder of a 9-year-old northern Idaho boy after federal jurors who watched video of some of the brutality deliberated just three hours. The jurors' recommendation was binding on U.S. District Judge Edward Lodge, who thanked them, dismissed them and then sentenced Joseph Edward Duncan III.
    Relatives of the victim, Dylan Groene, remained somber as the jury's decision was announced. Duncan murdered Dylan's mother, older brother and his mother's fiance to kidnap him and his younger sister, who was sexually abused along with her brother but survived.
    "The jury speaks the mind of the community," U.S. Attorney Tom Moss said. "By the verdict today, they have given voice to the victims."
    Duncan showed no reaction other than smiling as the verdict was passed to the judge.
    He took Dylan and the boy's then-8-year-old sister, Shasta, to a remote western Montana campsite where he raped, tortured and threatened them before shooting Dylan in the head and burning his body. Jurors viewed horrifying video Duncan made of him sexually abusing, torturing and hanging Dylan until the boy lost consciousness.
    "This defendant is dangerous. He is a predator who takes pride in his work," prosecutor Traci Whelan said. "He earned this day. His actions ... call out for the death penalty."
    Duncan acted as his own attorney but had offered no response to prosecutors' closing argument.
    "I have no argument," he told the court.
    With an eye toward kidnapping the two children, Duncan stalked their family. In 2005 he entered their Coeur d'Alene-area home and used a hammer to fatally bludgeon their 13-year-old brother, Slade Groene, his mother, Brenda Groene, and her fiance, Mark McKenzie.
    Duncan was arrested and Shasta rescued weeks after the kidnappings when a waitress at a Denny's in Coeur d'Alene called police after recognizing the two as they ate.
    Duncan pleaded guilty in December to 10 federal charges involving the kidnappings and the murder of Dylan. He pleaded guilty to the other three murders in state court, where he also could be sentenced to death.
    "I am so glad this is over. Justice has been served," said Darlene Torres, Brenda Groene's mother. "It's been very painful."
    She said that when she saw Duncan in court, "I seen nothing but an evil, empty, coldhearted shell."
    In closing arguments, Whelan reminded the jury of Duncan's lifelong "pattern of violence," including a conviction for raping a boy at gunpoint in 1980. Duncan has told investigators he killed two half-sisters from Seattle in 1996, and he is charged with killing a young boy in Riverside County, California, in 1997.
    Duncan may now be brought to Riverside County to stand trial in the death of Anthony Martinez.
    Whelan told the jury that Duncan would pose a risk even to prison guards and fellow inmates.
    "This defendant uses the time that he has to think out these plans and he is dangerous," she said. "He is adaptable and he is dangerous."
    The heinousness of the evidence in Dylan's murder made it particularly difficult for the jurors to remain impartial as they deliberate, said Art Patterson, a jury consultant and senior vice president of the trial consulting firm DecisionQuest.
    "Generally, for human beings, it's pretty hard to maintain impartiality when confronted with such horror," Patterson said.
    "How could any juror not want to see this person removed from our list of living human beings? How could you live with yourself as a juror if there's any chance this human being could escape from jail and do something like this again?" Patterson said.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Seagorath Guest
    I hope Satan rapes Duncan in the ass for all eternity.

Idaho killer taken to Calif. to face murder charge

Fri Jan 23, 9:34 pm ET
    INDIO, Calif. – A convicted killer who was sentenced to death last year for the murder of a 9-year-old Idaho boy has been brought to California to face charges of murdering a 10-year-old boy more than a decade ago.
    A spokesman for the Riverside County district attorney says Joseph Edward Duncan III arrived from a federal prison in Indiana.
    Authorities want 45-year-old Duncan to face charges for the 1997 murder and abduction of Anthony Martinez. His bound, nude body was found under a rock pile in the California desert.
    Duncan was sentenced to death last year for the murder of 9-year-old Dylan Groene. Duncan kidnapped the boy and his younger sister from their home in 2005 after killing their older brother, mother and her fiance. He faces life sentences for the latter murders.
    It's All Gravy Baby [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

David Bauman/The Press-Enterprise
    Joseph Duncan, charged in the 1997 death of 10-year-old Anthony Martinez of Beaumont, arrives Friday at Bermuda Dunes Airport from Indiana, where he was being held at a federal prison in Terre Haute.

Lita Guest
    He looks bad. During the hearings here he had his hair cut and was pretty clean shaven. I guess it doesn't matter now since he's already been sentenced to death, he doesn't have to try to make a good impression. I'm glad he's facing the music for the murder in California. I think he'll get sentenced to death in California even though it will be formality since California doesn't put anybody to death. I think Duncan's sentence will be carried out quickly. I don't think he'll spend years appealing.

DexterKitty Guest
    Whoa... prison hasn't been good to him!!! Maybe, with any hope he has been getting anally raped everyday since his incarceration!!!! *happy happy joy joy*

DexterKitty Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lita View Post
    He looks bad. During the hearings here he had his hair cut and was pretty clean shaven. I guess it doesn't matter now since he's already been sentenced to death, he doesn't have to try to make a good impression. I'm glad he's facing the music for the murder in California. I think he'll get sentenced to death in California even though it will be formality since California doesn't put anybody to death. I think Duncan's sentence will be carried out quickly. I don't think he'll spend years appealing.
    Ya know.... he does have a bullet proof vest on...but.... he has no head protection, and somebody could easily pick him off with a shot to the head. *evil grin*

Lita Guest
    Nice thought, DK, but he'll be separated from gen. pop. because he'll be on death row in a federal pen. Also he'll have to separated from the other death row inmates because they won't hesitate to kill him.

I am shocked at his appearance. They showed the clean cut version of him on the local news last night. I guess I assumed he still looked the same. I just wish they would put him to death and be done with it. IMO he does not deserve to take another breath.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

DexterKitty Guest
    Nice thought, DK, but he'll be separated from gen. pop. because he'll be on death row in a federal pen. Also he'll have to separated from the other death row inmates because they won't hesitate to kill him.
    You're right.... they over protect these animals because they have "rights". Oh well.... we can always dream.

DexterKitty Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
    I am shocked at his appearance. They showed the clean cut version of him on the local news last night. I guess I assumed he still looked the same. I just wish they would put him to death and be done with it. IMO he does not deserve to take another breath.
    I would just about bet money he'll still be breathing 10 years from now. I think justice should be served as quickly as possible in cases like this one. The longer he lives the more life is taken away from the Groene family. They deserve peace and healing as soon as possible. Sometimes, I wish we could revert back to the old days when punishment was swift. And, the punishment should fit the crime IMO.

Ms. K Guest
    I heard that he'd been extradited to Cali last night. I remember reading about Anthony Martinez.

What a sick fucker.

This is one court case I am going to follow pretty closely.

stay_zee Guest
    They should have cut of this guys peen the first time he was convicted of a child sex offense.

Nicki Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterKitty View Post
    I would just about bet money he'll still be breathing 10 years from now. I think justice should be served as quickly as possible in cases like this one. The longer he lives the more life is taken away from the Groene family. They deserve peace and healing as soon as possible. Sometimes, I wish we could revert back to the old days when punishment was swift. And, the punishment should fit the crime IMO.
    You hit it on the nail Dexter....absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by DexterKitty View Post
    One of the many tragedies of this case is that last I heard, Shasta and Dylan's dad was dying and probably won't live to see Duncan die. Shasta will then be an orphan.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

Lita Guest
    Shasta's dad, Steve, has throat cancer. He's been battling it for years. His voice box was removed. Steve had a scan done in March of 2007 and it found no signs of cancer but he was fatigued a lot of the time. Steve and Shasta were living on his disability and Social Security. Steve and Shasta were homeless for a time and people donated money to build them a house.

sheri Guest
    Yeah, and to think I live in Beaumont. This pos is better protected than us law abiding citizens are. Bubba will make him his personal beyotch.

Quote Originally Posted by sheri View Post
    Yeah, and to think I live in Beaumont. This pos is better protected than us law abiding citizens are. Bubba will make him his personal beyotch.
    The problem is I am afraid he will like it!
    Wanna see my grandkids?

Shamrocker99 Guest
    The death penalty would be more appealing if it was a little less sanitary. I am a firm believer in that you should die for your crime in the exact same manner in which you caused someone else's death. You fuck someone up the ass and then shoot them...you get fucked up the ass and then shot...seems only fair and I would be glad to play the role of executioner. (Except they get fucked up the ass with a tool...not by a body part and certainly not by my body parts...after I read that I thought it sounded too creepy!)

DexterKitty Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicki View Post
    You hit it on the nail Dexter....absolutely.
    Thanks!!!

DexterKitty Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
    One of the many tragedies of this case is that last I heard, Shasta and Dylan's dad was dying and probably won't live to see Duncan die. Shasta will then be an orphan.
    For awhile it didn't look like Mr. Groene would make it until the trial. I think they pushed for a speedy trial so, he would still be alive to see it through. I think Duncan should drop his appeals, and volunteer for execution. I feel so bad for Shasta.... she has had more horror in her short life, than most people see in their lifetime.

DexterKitty Guest
    Shasta's dad, Steve, has throat cancer. He's been battling it for years. His voice box was removed. Steve had a scan done in March of 2007 and it found no signs of cancer but he was fatigued a lot of the time. Steve and Shasta were living on his disability and Social Security. Steve and Shasta were homeless for a time and people donated money to build them a house.
    It's heartbreaking how these poor people have been through so much. And still they are so strong, and determined to get justice for the victims. Given the circumstances.... I'd probably be in the nuthouse or dead.

DexterKitty Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamrocker99 View Post
    The death penalty would be more appealing if it was a little less sanitary. I am a firm believer in that you should die for your crime in the exact same manner in which you caused someone else's death. You fuck someone up the ass and then shoot them...you get fucked up the ass and then shot...seems only fair and I would be glad to play the role of executioner. (Except they get fucked up the ass with a tool...not by a body part and certainly not by my body parts...after I read that I thought it sounded too creepy!)
    It's not creepy.... I totally agree.

38. 02-18-2012, 11:22 AM

Oh God that poor little Shasta, I think of her often.

Town Without Pity Guest
    I remember this case, it really really bothered me. My heart went out to that little girl and Thank God for that waitress. Wicked Evil Man. I can't imagine what that poor thing went through. Makes my eyes tear up.

Seagorath Guest
    Did any of you watch the wonderful interview with Shasta Groene and John Walsh last night? She is all grown up and really handled herself well and with grace. John was sympathetic but also asked a few tough questions. I'm trying to find the link now. Was this a repeat interview?

I wish I would have seen the interview, I hope she is doing well, I still think of her.

Did she mention her father? I was thinking he had cancer but I may be wrong.

No! I missed it! I would love a link! I tried to Google it and found nothing, same with YouTube.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

Seagorath Guest
    I will keep searchin' for it...hopefully, somebody will upload it soon. It was a great interview...and VERY nice to see Shasta smile. She even has a cute ring in her eyebrow.

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    No! I missed it! I would love a link! I tried to Google it and found nothing, same with YouTube.

Mammy Guest
    Oh, the things you learn on Facebook. I saw on there that Shasta is pregnant. That made me really sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    Oh, the things you learn on Facebook. I saw on there that Shasta is pregnant. That made me really sad.
    How old is she Mammy? Why did that make you sad?
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

Mammy Guest
    She's either sixteen or seventeen. She apparently isn't with the baby's father anymore. She openly discussed on her wall about going to rehab for meth. She has very little contact with Brenda's side of the family. Steve sued Brenda's sister, Brandy, claiming she mismanaged a donation fund for Dylan and Shasta. I just hate to see a young girl get pregnant when it seems like her life is rather unstable.

She's either sixteen or seventeen. She apparently isn't with the baby's father anymore. She openly discussed on her wall about going to rehab for meth. She has very little contact with Brenda's side of the family. Steve sued Brenda's sister, Brandy, claiming she mismanaged a donation fund for Dylan and Shasta. I just hate to see a young girl get pregnant when it seems like her life is rather unstable.
    Absolutely!! Would you mind sending me the link to her wall via Private Message?
    Minerva

Mammy Guest
    I don't mind at all. The information about Steve suing Brenda's sister isn't on her page, but I'll link that here. He sued her last year, but I couldn't find any results to see if it is settled or not.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...-fund-manager/

I don't mind at all. The information about Steve suing Brenda's sister isn't on her page, but I'll link that here. He sued her last year, but I couldn't find any results to see if it is settled or not.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...-fund-manager/
    Thanks darlin!!!
    Minerva

Mammy Guest
    You're welcome!