Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132021222324 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,100 of 1247

Thread: Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt

hahahaha, boy I needed a good laugh, thanks! I am back Mammy, yikes, been off of here for a looooooooooooooooong time. Did you see her ring? Nice ring, but yikes, not on her claw, er um, I mean hand, yuk!
    "I guess every form of refuge has its price"...

Agree 110% - especially about Jennifer Aniston - yuk.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    Ya reckon they'll wear little vials of each other's blood on a necklace like she and Billy Bob did? I hope her brother doesn't show up for the wedding or she'll be tongueing him instead of Brad.

*LMAO* And just cause. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	joliebrother02.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	10.5 KB 
ID:	41944
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Nelliebean Guest
    Miss Chunk! We missed you!!

Welcome back to the litter box!

Elizabeth Guest
    Just a couple thoughts here.....

I agree that you can't "steal" someone who is happy away.....however, I agreed with Jennifer when she said to Vanity Fair right after the split that "Brad has a sensitivity chip missing" when he appeared with Angie in W magazine as a husband and wife with kids.....and when Angie said something to the effect that "Mr and Mrs Smith" was the movie she would show her children as "the movie where Daddy and I fell in love"--thinking it is one thing, saying it to a reporter is something else....the word "self-involved" comes to mind....

They may be a lovely couple and I think they do good things for the world.....I hope for their many kids' sake they are and do.....maybe now the lame tabloids can stop beating the drum of the triangle that was Brad-Angelina-Jennifer.....move on, people, Khloe' Kardashian Odom will be pregnant one of these days....

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebean View Post
    Miss Chunk! We missed you!!

Welcome back to the litter box!
    why thank you Nelliebean, so nice of you! Meowwwwwwwwwww!

Scatter Guest
    Crap.........I saw this thread pop up and thought maybe they both bit it in a plane crash or something. Too bad.

Nelliebean Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Scatter View Post
    Crap.........I saw this thread pop up and thought maybe they both bit it in a plane crash or something. Too bad.
    Unfortunately, that would make them even more famous and we'd never be rid of them.

lisalouver Guest
    Thanks, I'm not a fan of the "do as I say and not as I do" crowd.
    Me neither

Mammy Guest
    Dang, Miss Chunk, where in the heck have you been?! It's good to see you!

I remember when Jennifer was dating Vince Vaughn and thinking she was really scraping the bottom of the barrel with him. He kinda nauseated me on sight because he reminded me of that big, hairy, sweaty baboon that was married to Brittany Murphy. The type of guy who sweats profusely just scratching his sack. As time went on and the tabloids kept prattling on about their relationship and how he was "The One" ad nauseaum, he started to get a deer in the headlights look in his eyes and I kinda pitied the big oaf. I think he would have eventually gnawed his own arm off to get away. Everyone Jennifer dates gets the same media response and I think most of them decide quickly that she is much more trouble than she is worth.

Eeewwww, Miho! Thanks a pantload for that nasty picture! LOL

Scatter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebean View Post
    Unfortunately, that would make them even more famous and we'd never be rid of them.
    Good point. What a cruel twist of fate.

hahahaha, 'thanks a pantload', love it!

UM KYYYYYY
    Angelina Jolie has a double mastectomy: Film star takes agonizing decision to have both breasts removed after learning she had an 87% risk of getting cancer
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	article-0-19C433EE000005DC-810_634x896.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	46717
    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...#ixzz2TGwqKxCJ

I don't blame her. 87% is pretty spooky.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I don't blame her. 87% is pretty spooky.
    I don't blame her either. Eff 87%. Granted she had a lot more to lose than I do, she also has a crap ton of money to pay for whatever "reconstructive" surgery she wants. She will surely be better off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MiraculousMandarin View Post
    I don't blame her either. Eff 87%. Granted she had a lot more to lose than I do, she also has a crap ton of money to pay for whatever "reconstructive" surgery she wants. She will surely be better off.
    Yes indeed, a "normal" person such as ourselves would not have that benefit.

...The type of guy who sweats profusely just scratching his sack.
    this just cheered me no end
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

radiojane Guest
    If it lowers her odds at all and she can afford to do it, it would be damned stupid not to.

I'm just waiting for the first dumbfuck to start chirping about how she's no longer attractive. I have my crotch cracking boots ready!

Quote Originally Posted by radiojane View Post
    If it lowers her odds at all and she can afford to do it, it would be damned stupid not to.

I'm just waiting for the first dumbfuck to start chirping about how she's no longer attractive. I have my crotch cracking boots ready!
    I've found evidence of it on twitter already, to a small extent.

Name:	angelina-jolie-double-mastectomy-boobs-fantasy-sympathy-ecards-someecards.png 
Views:	17 
Size:	62.8 KB 
ID:	46719
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

Dang, Miss Chunk, where in the heck have you been?! It's good to see you!

I remember when Jennifer was dating Vince Vaughn and thinking she was really scraping the bottom of the barrel with him. He kinda nauseated me on sight because he reminded me of that big, hairy, sweaty baboon that was married to Brittany Murphy. The type of guy who sweats profusely just scratching his sack. As time went on and the tabloids kept prattling on about their relationship and how he was "The One" ad nauseaum, he started to get a deer in the headlights look in his eyes and I kinda pitied the big oaf. I think he would have eventually gnawed his own arm off to get away. Everyone Jennifer dates gets the same media response and I think most of them decide quickly that she is much more trouble than she is worth.

Eeewwww, Miho! Thanks a pantload for that nasty picture! LOL
    You lay off poor Vince Vaughn. He was hot back in the day with his girly lips and those big eyes. Now he's got more loose skin under his eyes than what they cut off of his pecker.

I would do the exact same thing she did if I was in that situation with that risk factor and her money. I don't think it makes her any less sexy than anything other people do to alter themselves and this actually had a good reason. She lost her mother at a young age and she has all those kids to worry about. 87% is a huge chance of getting cancer and this just seems like the smart thing to do.

endsleigh03 Guest
    She did the right thing.

If, in some way, this encourages or helps educate other women, it's even better.

Or if it eliminates some fear in someone out there, good.

She didn't have to tell.
    Last edited by endsleigh03; 05-14-2013 at 03:13 PM.

I am grateful that she came forward and talked. She indeed could have kept it a secret. We need further education about breast cancer and we definitely need for women and men to learn you aren't defined by your tata's. My respect for her has grown. I don't make a living by what I look like, but she does and to make that decision must have been difficult.

I also read between the lines that having her ovaries removed at some point will be the next step.

Quote Originally Posted by KissingJosh View Post
    You lay off poor Vince Vaughn. He was hot back in the day with his girly lips and those big eyes. Now he's got more loose skin under his eyes than what they cut off of his pecker.
    Haaaa! Oh snap son. I did not expect to read this (or any non-Angelina post) on this thread today. Refreshing!
    I have to admit, I'm already curious about whether she'll get implants, and/or if she'll do a nude movie role as a cancer victim/survivor before getting reconstructive surgery. No judgment, really. Just curious.
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

lynn wilson Guest
    if her talking about this saves one womans life good,,,a tough decision to make and i think it is good they can test for this and get help before hand

First off, it amazes that someone this high profile was able to keep it a secret, without people blabbing to TMZ ! That said, wonderful for her to talk about this, it will help others who might one day have to make the same decision.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

AussieBec Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrattenfan View Post
    UM KYYYYYY
    Angelina Jolie has a double mastectomy: Film star takes agonizing decision to have both breasts removed after learning she had an 87% risk of getting cancer

Name:	article-0-19C433EE000005DC-810_634x896.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	46717

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...#ixzz2TGwqKxCJ

After losing my mother to breast cancer only a year and a half ago i would do the same thing without even thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by MirrorDimly View Post
    Haaaa! Oh snap son. I did not expect to read this (or any non-Angelina post) on this thread today. Refreshing!
    I have to admit, I'm already curious about whether she'll get implants, and/or if she'll do a nude movie role as a cancer victim/survivor before getting reconstructive surgery. No judgment, really. Just curious.
    I thought I heard on the radio that she has already had reconstructive surgery. I could be wrong. This has been going on for the last 3 months. I am also surprised that she was able to keep this a secret.

you do what you gotta do once you have kidlings
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi everyone, haven't been on in a long time....Yes, Angelina did have reconstructive surgery already I read, implants and all.

Kudos to Angelina for her announcing such a private matter in a selfless way...as SheeBee mentioned she could have kept this all a secret. I have always had mixed feelings about her but now I must say I have a whole new level of respect for her.

I have a very close friend who had the gene and her mother died young also. My friend never missed her yearly mammogram and in one year she grew a 5 cm mass. Thank GOD it did not spread and a tumor board of 7 oncologists all recommended she do chemo just to be safe. She is fine, had reconstructive surgery, implants and new nipples that are tattooed on the skin. She is not wealthy, I believe her insurance covered the majority of everything.

I am glad she shared this .It will make a lot of women feel less dubious about losing their femininity if they have to have similar. On another note ,I had to have a colostomy and ended up with a permanent bag .My husband still chases me round the bedroom - and sometimes I let him catch me

Shit, that is a gutsy call. Respect.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Bayou Queen Guest
    My best friend since second grade found out she had breast cancer last year. She had the mastectomy and planned to go back to her teaching job last fall when she found out it had spread to her brain and her bones. I take her to all her doctor appointments. My niece had breast cancer and a double mastectomy 5 years ago and is doing well. A very dear cousin of mine passed away a year ago of ovarian cancer, it was horrible to watch this disease consume her, and I had a complete hysterectomy 11 years ago, no more ovaries to worry about.

I wish this test and procedure would be financially available to all woman and I have a feeling that Angelina Jolie may make this one of her causes. And to those who may think this makes her less of a woman, it's tissue, and that does not define your femininity.

I heard in the past that breast implants are harmful too. How does one balance that out with canceling out cancer. Just saying!
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

I wouldn't be surprised if she took her boobs off to get more attention in the spotlight
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

radiojane Guest
    You'd have to be ridiculously crazy to want that much attention. Especially when you're seen as a sex symbol.

And an 87% risk of cancer versus the risks that implants present? The technology has come a long way. My friend just had a lumpectomy that pretty much did in her left breast. All her research and several plastic surgeon consults have all shown that they're now relatively safe.

[QUOTE=Bayou Queen;1377412]My best friend since second grade found out she had breast cancer last year. She had the mastectomy and planned to go back to her teaching job last fall when she found out it had spread to her brain and her bones. I take her to all her doctor appointments. My niece had breast cancer and a double mastectomy 5 years ago and is doing well. A very dear cousin of mine passed away a year ago of ovarian cancer, it was horrible to watch this disease consume her, and I had a complete hysterectomy 11 years ago, no more ovaries to worry about.

I wish this test and procedure would be financially available to all woman and I have a feeling that Angelina Jolie may make this one of her causes. And to those who may think this makes her less of a woman, it's tissue, and that does not define your femininity.[/QUOTE] I couldn't agree more and that's the point I was trying to make. If someone loves you they'll love you with no breasts , reconstructed breasts ,a false limb ,etc etc you're not less of a person, in fact I think it makes you a better person because of what you've gone through . It's what's on the inside that counts .

of course I am being fasicious I really don't like Angelina Jolie but godbless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by coconn04 View Post
    I heard in the past that breast implants are harmful too. How does one balance that out with canceling out cancer. Just saying!
    You get saline implants. Just saying!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    You get saline implants. Just saying!
    There are always risk. I know people who have taken implants out because they rupture/break. Saline ones have to be refilled. I know she is getting reconstructive surgery. I think the real merit of bravery would be if she had no reconstructive work.
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

There are always risk. I know people who have taken implants out because they rupture/break. Saline ones have to be refilled. I know she is getting reconstructive surgery. I think the real merit of bravery would be if she had no reconstructive work.
    I would have thought that the real merit of bravery was to have her breasts removed in the first place. Everything else is secondary. I think getting a saline implant replenished is child's play compared to cancer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    I would have thought that the real merit of bravery was to have her breasts removed in the first place. Everything else is secondary. I think getting a saline implant replenished is child's play compared to cancer.
    From whAt I have read they said saline or silicone. The saline ones don't get good reviews and are said to be like carrying a couple of bags of water around. Silicone is better is appearance and touch. I would also think that cancer could still develop behind the implant and it might be harder to detect through mammography than no implants.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

radiojane Guest
    I don't think you're any less brave if you use options available to you so that you don't have to go through life sharing your scars with everyone, so to speak. This woman makes a living on her looks (cuz, let's face it, she's a LOUSY actress). Even with implants, SHE is not going to feel complete, even if she looks that way to others. It's not as easy as it looks. There's a major emotional component to it that you'll never fully understand until you've been there. It's a big part of why so many women in the 80's and 90's died drinking carrot juice, when a mastectomy would have given them years. It's a huge part of your identity as a female, for a lot of cancer patients, it's a major loss.

From what I have been reading it is not cheap to have the better silicone implants. The insurance may cover the initial cost but you have to have an MRI every couple of years. They are like $2,000.00. There are additional surgeries if implants rupture or need to be replaced. This is not like some poor housewife making this decision. You have to have money to maintain the implants. The brave people are the poor woman out there who need medical treatment and don't have access to want Angelina has.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

Wendy A. Guest
    I say good for her! I don't blame her one bit. Not like she can't afford all that plastic surgery to make it look like it never happened.

The thing is it is a no brainier if you could afford the maintenance. Why not? I think bravery is a word I would hold for someone who deserves it.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

lisalouver Guest
    The thing is it is a no brainier if you could afford the maintenance. Why not? I think bravery is a word I would hold for someone who deserves it.
    I absolutely agree.

Being called brave is not applicable to her (or anyone else who has made the same decision).

That is reserved for those who have gone through cancer and survived, or those who have died from it.

Mammy Guest
    She also has the cash for high dollar reconstructions. Us mere peons don't have that option. I don't blame her for having it done, but it doesn't elevate her to hero status just because of it.

radiojane Guest
    I don't think she deserves a medal by any means just for taking charge of her health. That being said, it takes a little gumption to cut out part of your anatomy as a prophylactic measure.

Quote Originally Posted by radiojane View Post
    I don't think she deserves a medal by any means just for taking charge of her health. That being said, it takes a little gumption to cut out part of your anatomy as a prophylactic measure.
    Word.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD