Thread: The Black Donnellys

Danny62 Guest

The Black Donnellys

Members of a mystery-shrouded family known as the 'Black Donnellys' and believed, in Canadian folklore, to have been been the source of 'bad luck' that befell the town of Lucan, Ontario. The family feuded with townfolk for 33 years before one fateful night when their homestead was burned to the ground, taking many members of the family with it. While no one was ever convicted in their murders, it is widely believed that there may have been a conspiracy of silence adhered to by the town members. To this day, it is said, that the residents of Lucan refuse to talk about the Black Donnellys and that all reference to the families has been removed from the library and town records. In fact, the gravestone for the family was replaced in 1964 to remove the word "murdered."

Thats pretty messed up in my opinon!!

Story Couresty of findagrave.com

Bio by:???

RoRo Guest
    wow how sad!

jay Guest
    Great to see some Canadian content on here Danny. I live about 3 hours from Lucan, but have never been there. I have heard from many the locals get real nasty when asked about The Donnellys. I guess they want to forget about that part of the past.

RaRaRamona Guest
    WOw indeed - I'm going to have to read up on that.

Jazbabee Guest
    Never heard of this one before. What was the feud about ?? Guess I am gonna have to do some research on this one

knothere Guest
    http://www.donnellys.com/

theres alot more to it especially if u know sum ppl that were willing to talk

knothere Guest
    the roman line is still very haunted
    if you dare to venture at night
    cars will stop dead in their tracks
    n ull hear the trommping of hoarses n their carriages
    n yelling of men at their hoarses n each other
    n it gets louder n louder n ur car will rattle n shake when its passing you n then after the noises have died down
    ur car will start right bak up n very few n drunk brave ppl i know have tried it
    only once it scares the shit right outa ya im toooo chiken to

PvN73 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by knothere View Post

THAT was a great link knothere!! Really fascinating!!

Jazbabee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by knothere View Post

Thanks - this is a great link !

Maruz83 Guest
    Isn't there a TV show about them???

knothere Guest
    no same name not related for the tv show

phirerednga Guest
    Thanks for the link, it was great reading.

smooches27 Guest
    What an amazing story, I'd never heard of them. Great link knot!!!