Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Unusual Deaths

attackatdawn Guest

Unusual Deaths

I found this website which I find kind of interesting it is about strangest deaths in history

http://www.neatorama.com/2007/03/12/...hs-in-history/

Examples:
    Death by Orange Peel
    Death From Holding a Pee In
    Death from Biting Oneā??s Tongue

jester joker Guest
    Death by Dessert
    King Adolf Frederick [wiki] of Sweden loved to eat and died from it too!
    The "King Who Ate Himself to Death" died in 1771 at the age of 61 from a digestive problem after eating a giant meal consisting of lobster, caviar, saurkraut, cabbage soup, smoked herring, champagne and 14 servings of his favorite dessert: semla [wiki], a bun filled with marzipan and milk.

Thanks for sharing this site. Some very strange deaths for sure. This is my favorite above. My feelings are that the saurkraut, cabbage soap and champagne were the real culprits here. The poor guy probably died from a massive 'sheet' explosion! Har har har!

Casanndra Guest
    That was a great read! Thank you so much!

A perennial favorite:

http://www.darwinawards.com/

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    ...and then there's...Mama Cass (Elliott). She choked to death on a ham sandwich, or at least that's been the story I've always heard. That happened when I was a fairly young boy, but I've never forgotten it...still strikes me as just plain weird.
    Not that choking to death on food is weird, or even that rare, it's just, well, it was Mama Cass having a very close encounter with a ham sandwich. I guess 'nuff said!

Kathyf Guest
    they say she really did not choke on the ham she died of a heart attack I think.

susalu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
    ...and then there's...Mama Cass (Elliott). She choked to death on a ham sandwich, or at least that's been the story I've always heard. That happened when I was a fairly young boy, but I've never forgotten it...still strikes me as just plain weird.
    Not that choking to death on food is weird, or even that rare, it's just, well, it was Mama Cass having a very close encounter with a ham sandwich. I guess 'nuff said!
    nope, the sandwich thing is an urban legend... take a look at the profile on FAD....

susalu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathyf View Post
    they say she really did not choke on the ham she died of a heart attack I think.
    jinx, Kathy!

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    You guys know how to spoil a great urban legend! Damn! That one was just too good...

susalu Guest
    that's us, the buzzkill twins!!

Kathyf Guest
    I always loved that story growing up though.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Me TOO!! I'll never forget hearing the news of her death on the radio, we were playing cards (HOW do I remember this so well???), and all of our collective jaws hit the table when the ham sandwich thing came out. It was SO bizarre...and sad, she had an amazing voice, I still love listening to her (ham sandwich legacy or not!).

[SIZE=4]EDWARD II[/SIZE]
    1284-1327

[SIZE=4]H[/SIZE]is assassins held him down and inserted a red hot poker up his rectum. Why such a grusome death ? They didn't want any visible signs of murder.

djdeath-hag Guest
    Me TOO!! I'll never forget hearing the news of her death on the radio, we were playing cards (HOW do I remember this so well???), and all of our collective jaws hit the table when the ham sandwich thing came out. It was SO bizarre...and sad, she had an amazing voice, I still love listening to her (ham sandwich legacy or not!).
    Don't let "the buzzkill twins" put you off, Jack. We ALL were "fed" that same story. My favorite joke (in bad taste) is: IF only Mama Cass & Karen Carpenter could've SHARED a meal, the world of music would be a much better place." No offense intended....I'm just sayin'.

disco Guest
    In 1974, she traveled to London to perform in the Palladium to sell-out audiences, but died of a sudden heart attack towards the end of her tour. Findagrave.com

Kathyf Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by susalu View Post
    jinx, Kathy!
    You too Sus

LOL great link thanks for posting

Bake Guest
    I heard it was a twinkie!! LOL

Bigfoot Guest
    http://www.tvacres.com/death_misc_suicide.htm

I remember seeing the Emilio Nunez one. It was awful how he did it...

was VERY disappointed to find out the death by elephant poo was false.

http://www.snopes.com/critters/malice/feces.asp

susalu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by djdeath-hag View Post
    Don't let "the buzzkill twins" put you off, Jack. We ALL were "fed" that same story. My favorite joke (in bad taste) is: IF only Mama Cass & Karen Carpenter could've SHARED a meal, the world of music would be a much better place." No offense intended....I'm just sayin'.
    aw dennis, yer no fun!!! i would have gladly donated 10 or 30 pounds to karen... that's what i can offer the world... fat transplants for the anorexic and starving!!!

qulevergrrl Guest
    This one's for all of you 70s Californian's. I know that there are many of you out there who went to Disneyland in the 70s and 80s, but there was this really weird ride change that occurred during that time. The rotating ride "GE's Carousel (sp) of Progress" that took you through the progress of inventions was made into this bizarre attraction of singing animals telling tales of American culture through song. The stage was stationary, but the seats and the audience would rotate after each song. There were 5 rotations. It was called America Sings. Personally, I loved it. It was pure cheese. One new young lady who was headed off to college in the spring leaned back between songs to say hi to a friend on the next stage. She slipped and fell about one foot to the floor below. ONE FOOT IS ALL IT TOOK. She didn't get out in time. She was crushed between the walls when they rotated. Ick.

Not an urban legend. See Snopes.com. or you can buy "Mouse Tales: A Behind the Ears Look at Disneyland".

PvN73 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    A perennial favorite:

http://www.darwinawards.com/
    I love the Dawin Awards, they are so funny. you cannot believe people do things, they have only themselves to blame really....

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by qulevergrrl View Post
    This one's for all of you 70s Californian's. I know that there are many of you out there who went to Disneyland in the 70s and 80s, but there was this really weird ride change that occurred during that time. The rotating ride "GE's Carousel (sp) of Progress" that took you through the progress of inventions was made into this bizarre attraction of singing animals telling tales of American culture through song. The stage was stationary, but the seats and the audience would rotate after each song. There were 5 rotations. It was called America Sings. Personally, I loved it. It was pure cheese. One new young lady who was headed off to college in the spring leaned back between songs to say hi to a friend on the next stage. She slipped and fell about one foot to the floor below. ONE FOOT IS ALL IT TOOK. She didn't get out in time. She was crushed between the walls when they rotated. Ick.

Not an urban legend. See Snopes.com. or you can buy "Mouse Tales: A Behind the Ears Look at Disneyland".
    I remember the "Carousel of Progress" AND "America Sings" at Disneyland (dating myself badly)--and I had no idea that happened! The building that housed the ride is still there, it's like a kind of tech museum/display now...I have noticed the building no longer rotates though, now I know why!!!

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by djdeath-hag View Post
    I never thought of it that way but it makes really good sense LOL !!! Both of them had GREAT voices and what a duet they could have done together...it would be a 'heavenly choir' now unfortunately...

different kind of girl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by qulevergrrl View Post

I LOVE Carousel of Progress... it's always been one of my favorites. It's still around in Disney World, at the Magic Kingdom. (or at least it was a little over a year ago) It is only open seasonly though. I remember the song originally was, "now is the time, now is the best time, now is the best time of your life.." and then it changed to "it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day"

Disney = greatness.

As for the girl's death, yuck. Was she a cast member?

Belle Guest
    Does recent history count? I couldn't believe a woman died grafted to her couch in Florida in 2004.
    http://www.findadeath.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2594

stinkythejokedog Guest
    Isadora Duncan...don't wear long scarves...it's played out

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathyf View Post
    What is weird is that Keith Moon died in the same flat that Mama Cass died in a few years earlier.....
    Were I a musician I would never stay there

Curtis Radiohead Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot View Post

I remember watching the nightly news with my mother the day this happened/was aired. We just watched in shock. This was before the widespread use of the Internet so you just didn't see that much "live" death at the time, especially on TV. I still cannot believe that this was aired; what does her family think? I couldn't imagine seeing something like this on TV about a family member. It was just so...graphic. Nowadays, of course, we as a society might be a bit "desensitized" to this sort of thing, for better or worse.

Curtis Radiohead Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by different kind of girl View Post
    I LOVE Carousel of Progress... it's always been one of my favorites. It's still around in Disney World, at the Magic Kingdom. (or at least it was a little over a year ago) It is only open seasonly though. I remember the song originally was, "now is the time, now is the best time, now is the best time of your life.." and then it changed to "it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day"

Disney = greatness.

As for the girl's death, yuck. Was she a cast member?
    I remember visiting Disneyland with my family during the 25th anniversary of Disneyland, around 1979-1980 (can't remember exactly when) and we my cousin who was older than me told me about this story to scare me into not going on specific rides. I worked but I didn't realize until later that he just didn't want me to go on the Matterhorn because he was scared shitless of the "scarier " rides (as if there are any in Disney parks) and didn't want me to go on them because it would make him look bad.

I forgot all about this until I just read this thread.

Nowereman Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot View Post

Here is the video clip if you wanna see it again, warning to other death Hags it's pretty bad seeing first degree murder in real life.

http://www.nothingtoxic.com/media/11...der_on_Live_TV

BabyDoll Guest

Most unsual deaths in 21st century

Kathyf Guest
    Cool site and our horse loving friend is #5.

BabyDoll Guest
    That's how I found it.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyDoll View Post
    Weird, wild stuff.

Thanks!

Keyser Soze Guest

good read. thanks.
    that penis-eating one wierded me out
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Maruz83 Guest
    Good read !!!!!! I've heard of most of those !! Ewwww penis eating !!!

KristinEileen Guest
    Holy Crap! Train surfing, 50 hours of video games, cannibalism and internet suicide! Holy Hell....what is going on with people...

hoxharding Guest
    They made a couple of films based on the cannibalism case-one is called 'Cannibal'
    Also, the film 'Feed' has a couple of scenes that involve a storyline like that. That is a disturbing film. The guy who stars in the CBS show 'Moonlight' co-stars in it and came up with the idea.

There is also a case where a guy set up a excercise bike with a dildo on it.
    He got carried away and ended up dead.

Quote Originally Posted by hoxharding View Post
    There is also a case where a guy set up a excercise bike with a dildo on it.
    He got carried away and ended up dead.
    was it a horse cock dildo?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kathyf Guest
    I love the site. Thanks

hoxharding Guest

bad ride

Quote Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
    was it a horse cock dildo?
    I have no idea, it was in a book written by a coroner. He also wrote about a guy who used a vacuum cleaner and died of a heart attack.

MIZIZVOGUE Guest
    Interesting, to say the least!

Yeah. I still cant get over the beauty pageant contestant that burned to death after her gown was ignited by a candle. Absolutely horrible.

Sparkles Guest
    Very interesting stuff. Thanks for the link

GODDESS6 Guest
    wow, i didn't know dick shawn died on stage~ i met him in 1986, his comedic performance opened david copperfield's magic show~ & isadora duncan, what an awful way to go~

Ghoulie Girl Guest
    Wow, that was a great post. Very interesting and informational.
    The scarf strangulation and choking on a cap were really odd.

Keep up the good work.