Thread: Michelle Thomas

hlh004 Guest

Michelle Thomas

Ok I checked to see if there was a thread about her and came up with nothing. She was the cute girl from "Family Matters" who played Steve Urkels girlfriend "Myra Monkhouse." She was also "Theo Huxtable's" girlfriend in "The Cosby Show." Anyway, I was so shocked when I heard that she died when she was 29 from a rare stomach cancer!

firegilnotguns Guest
    Oh yeah I read about that a few years ago after watching a rerun of The Cosby Show. Weren't she and Malcolm-Jamal Warner an item in real life, too?

hlh004 Guest
    Ummm yes. I beleive that he was there when she died. I am almost certin that they were together at the time of her death.

Lifeisafataldisease Guest
    I think that they had been in a serious relationship before she was diagnosed but I beleive they were not in a romantic relationship when she passed, he did support her through the illness and her subsequent death though.

Ms. K Guest
    I remember her. She was also on a soap opera, God, I can't remember which one, but she seemed like the sweetest person.

hlh004 Guest
    She played the role of an aspiring singer, 'Callie', on the soap opera "The Young and The Restless." Thats what I found.

Suzanne30 Guest
    I thought she was so cute in Family Matters. I was shocked when I heard that she had died. Her father is Dennis Thomas, the saxophonist in Kool & The Gang.

Jack Raines Guest
    On Family Matters I always thought Myra was much hotter than Laura, I never could understand why Urkel was so obsessed with Laura, when Myra was in love with him.

Guest Guest

Michelle Thomas "Family Matters"

Michelle Thomas (September 23, 1969December 22, 1998) was an actress who is best known for her roles as Myra Monkhouse, the girlfriend of Steve Urkel, on the American sitcom Family Matters from 1993 to 1998 and Justine Phillips, girlfriend of Theo Huxtable on The Cosby Show.

In August 1997, Thomas was diagnosed with intra-abdominal desmoplastic small round cell tumor,a rare soft tissue sarcoma. Thomas initially refused the treatment for she was afraid that it would interfere with her chances of conceiving children. Though she died before she could have any children, she had agreed to treatment after her illness was deemed terminal.
    During the last season of Family Matters, her cancer grew worse, making it harder for her to do her scenes. Her screen time grew shorter and shorter, before she had to leave the show for good in 1998 shortly before it was canceled. On December 22, 1998, Thomas died in New York City from desmoplastic small round cell tumor. Her former boyfriend, actor Malcolm-Jamal Warner, was at her side. She also starred in Dru Hill's video Never Make a Promise and Mint Condition's What Kind of Man Would I Be. She also made a brief appearance on the movie Hanging with the Homeboys.[2

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JQ5HsGXP0dE
    Last edited by Guest; 11-17-2007 at 11:07 AM.

Kathyf Guest
    I remember this it was so sad.

RaRaRamona Guest
    She was so beautiful. She had the best smile. I was so shocked when I heard that she died. I can't remember who she was dating, but I think it was a Cosby kid. Everything I've ever read about her was positive.

spoiledkitty Guest

How sad!! Here's a pic of her from the Family Matters days!

RaRaRamona Guest
    She had to have a backache.

SinKittyVixen Guest
    Ya, I was soo surprised when I read this. Shes beautiful

SinKittyVixen Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    She had to have a backache.

agreed.

RaRaRamona Guest
    She was the cutest thing though, on the show. I remember from another show, maybe the Cosby's. She was older than she looked. She was very brave.

Bigfoot Guest
    I didn't knew she was dead, she was great and funny!

Jack Raines Guest
    I always thought she was much prettier than the girl who played Laura on Family Matters.

lisalouver Guest
    I had no idea she died!

So pretty! I did not know that Malcom was her real life former bf.

I love this place and the things I learn!

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Raines View Post
    I always thought she was much prettier than the girl who played Laura on Family Matters.
    For reals.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne30 View Post
    I thought she was so cute in Family Matters. I was shocked when I heard that she had died. Her father is Dennis Thomas, the saxophonist in Kool & The Gang.

Interesting, I didn't know that. She was so cute.

I new about her death and being on Family Matters but I didn't know she also played on The Cosby Show.
    John Trim On Face Book
    On the internet you can be anything you want.
    It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sunshine74137 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne30 View Post
    I had a limo driver in Savannah Ga. that had been a member of Kool and the Gang

squirellygirl Guest
    I remember when she was on the Young & the Restless. Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but it seems like they had her character die off once she knew she was really ill in real life.

pvezz Guest

RaRaRamona Guest
    She was gorgeous. She seemed so sweet too. Anyone with a smile like that just had to be though.

#1 Death Hag Guest
    She was beautiful. Heres a pic of her as Myra in Family Matters. Another talent gone before their time.

I saw on IMDB that she did not want any treatment for the cancer because she was afraid it would limit her chances to have children, but then she died before she could have any kids anyway. How sad

A lovely young lady. They say the good they die young. RIP Michelle.
    I cried for shoes .... til I met a man with no feet.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Jazbabee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnagg123 View Post
    I saw on IMDB that she did not want any treatment for the cancer because she was afraid it would limit her chances to have children, but then she died before she could have any kids anyway. How sad
    I was going to say, death would limit the number of children you can have shesh ! I guess people don't always think rationally when it come to these things

cherryghost Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshine74137 View Post
    I had a limo driver in Savannah Ga. that had been a member of Kool and the Gang
    Tell us more!!!

I had a limo driver ......is a great opening line!

ByrdSar Guest
    I remember her. I think I knew she had died, I just could not recall when. Can you believe it's been 10 years already? Wowza. What a sweet, pretty young lady she was...RIP Michelle, we miss you!

Mulvaness Guest
    She also played Callie (Malcom, Shemar Moore). on Young and the Restless.