Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 11181920

Thread: Our Lady of the Angels school fire

I actually haven't been on this thread in awhile. I became friends with John Raymond, the janitor's son. He is a nice person. I wish him a Happy Birthday every year.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

They offered these poor children no emotional help or counseling? And scolded them if they spoke about it? How terribly awful. Why did they not let the children express their feelings? Why they try so hard to shush them. This makes me so angry and I feel so terribly saddened. God bless them all!!!
    Last edited by bustakita; 06-06-2020 at 04:28 PM.

Bustakita, yeah the children weren't offered any help and because the church was involved at the time the church and priest was something to be respected and not spoken out against, not only that but the kids who lived were told the dead ones were the lucky ones as they are in heaven with God, and were now angels, meaning they were seen good enough to go to Heaven while the others would have to live and try harder to be good Catholic children and adults and live a godly life.

Quote Originally Posted by LLC View Post
    Love this thread...just rereading it starts my obsession all over again.

The Station thread used to do the same until it was taken over & went downhill. Off to look at everyone's great info on the arsonist.
    😮😮😮

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Bustakita, yeah the children weren't offered any help and because the church was involved at the time the church and priest was something to be respected and not spoken out against, not only that but the kids who lived were told the dead ones were the lucky ones as they are in heaven with God, and were now angels, meaning they were seen good enough to go to Heaven while the others would have to live and try harder to be good Catholic children and adults and live a godly life.
    That is so horrible. My heart hurts for them
    Last edited by bustakita; 06-08-2020 at 01:12 PM.

5. 06-06-2020, 12:34 PM

Yeah Alan I have been thinking of them as well, and On May 18 I'll do the same for students of Bath Michigan, and on March 18th for the New London School in Texas and on Dec 30 for the Iroquois Theater and on March 4th for the Collinwood School Fire victims, I am writing a book that will have all these fires in it, Bath, New London, Collinwoo, OLA, Babs Switch, and a few others, if you want some good reads, Get Gone at 3:17 and Bath Massacre America's First School Bombing.
    Did you ever write the book and if so where is it Available? I have been oddly drawn to these fires.

I haven't completed it yet but once I do I'll let you know, I got tasked to work on something else, and I lost most of my research due to a move so have to let the fires sit for a bit but I'll start it back up next week, , also please combine your posts 954 and 955, it's against the rules to post less than thirty minutes apart.

Forgot to come here on the first but 62 years ago on 12/1/58 92 children and 3 nuns lost their lives. May this never happen again.

Lorraine LaBati married name Catrambone, survivor in room 207 passed away Jan 18,2020.
    https://defiorefuneral.com/obituaries/1391/lorraine-j-catrambone

http://hosting-25627.tributes.com/ob...ucci-108415400 Jumped from the window of the room known as the cheese box.

http://www.mossfuneral.com/obituaries/details/2664/ Kathy Sansonetti, sister of Peggy Sansonetti, who died in the fire.

https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obit...ppetta-7783356 Robert Chappetta, who wrote The Immaculate Deception passed in 2018

Donald Traynor Survivor of room 212 passed away due to cancer https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/name/donald-traynor-obituary?pid=186997365

208 survivor also passed away recently, Anthony Cardamone.
    http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dig...20&mid=7130367

So many more too add, I check the OLA message boards, and note them down in a book that I keep with all the information about the fire. My condolences to the families, I'll add more names soon.
    Last edited by pkstracy; 02-17-2021 at 09:16 AM.

Bad old Phil’s ex wife (mother of his two boys) died in 2015. She remarried and led a seemingly normal life. I wonder if she ever knew about his terrible past?

I doubt that she knew or any of his family until a couple of years ago when I released his name here in the forum.

John Raymond passed away on 3-14-2022.
    "When you help someone up a hill, you get that much closer to the top yourself."
    -Anonymous

oh man that's sad to hear Chicago.

I didn't know about John Raymond until recently. He and I used to have some nice conversations on Facebook.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

I waited to see if anyone else would make a post...but RIP to the 95 lives lost on 12/2/1958 and to all those who were injured in any type of form - mentally, physically, emotionally, spiritually. You all are not forgotten. 😢😢

I have been busy and didn't get a chance to do it on the day of, Rest in peace to those angels. Thougts and peace to everyone who survived that day and to the families that lost loved ones.

I was really into this thread at one time and i see it's slowed down. for those who still have interest a great documentary was released this past october about the fire.

edit: i didn't know one of the bandmates from the band JOURNEY was in the fire!!! great to hear his story!!
    Last edited by Lush; 11-05-2023 at 10:29 AM. Reason: adding info

Lush thank you will have to watch this later

Lush thank you will have to watch this later

you're welcome. i was hoping someone would check it out.

and thank you! for all your research and hard work.

I haven't done it yet, I just lost my fur baby Suddenly but I will watch it soon

Quote Originally Posted by Lush View Post
    you're welcome. i was hoping someone would check it out.

and thank you! for all your research and hard work.
    Thank you for sharing this, just got a chance to watch it. Never forget
    "When you help someone up a hill, you get that much closer to the top yourself."
    -Anonymous

I haven't done it yet, I just lost my fur baby Suddenly but I will watch it soon
    I am so very sorry to hear about your loss, PKSTracy. You have my heartfelt condolences and prayers. I hope your fur baby is enjoying the fur baby afterlife whatever it may be.

Quote Originally Posted by Lush View Post
    I was really into this thread at one time and i see it's slowed down. for those who still have interest a great documentary was released this past october about the fire.

edit: i didn't know one of the bandmates from the band JOURNEY was in the fire!!! great to hear his story!!
    Thanks for sharing, Lush! I'm going to go view it now!

bustakita thank you!

i'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your little one. i hope it's getting easier ((hugs))

Thank you Lush

Thinking of them

Pkstracy, I am sorry about your furbaby. <3

Angels Too Soon is a fabulous documentary. I am glad to see the survivors talking about it. I know that it was hard for them. Very good footage.

Thinking of the angels and their families at this saddening time of year. 😢😢Thanks yo to ALL my fellow FAD fam who continue to work so hard to ensure this special group of people, those still with us and those who Aren't, are never forgotten. Also wanting to wish you all a happy wateva you celebrate going into 2024!
    ~ Bustakita 🤓

Noelle Thank you, Bustakita, I hope this thread gets back to being as active as it once was, I hope this whole board goes back to being active like it once was.

[QUOTE=pkstracy;1572445]Noelle Thank you, Bustakita, I hope this thread gets back to being as active as it once was, I hope this whole board goes back to being active like it once was.[/QUOTE]

Remember "The Engle" thread?
    Wild fun in that one!
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

good times Jim lol