Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Theresa Knorr

SEL2323 Guest

Theresa Knorr

Theresa Knorr (née Cross) (born March 12, 1946) is a mother and murderer, known for severely abusing and murdering two of her children while using the others to facilitate and cover up her crimes.
    Theresa Cross was born in Sacramento, California. She was the youngest child in the family and very devoted to her mother. When her mother died in 1961, she went into a depression. At the age of 16 she married Clifford Clyde Sanders. They had a son Howard together, but fought from time to time. This ended when she shot him dead in 1964 while they were living in Galt, California. She was tried but acquitted of the crime, having claimed self defense. She was pregnant at the time and would shortly deliver her second child Sheila in 1965.
    In 1966 she married Robert Knorr, seven months pregnant with their child. Her third child, Suesan was born in September 1966, followed a year later by William and in 1968, Robert. Her third daughter, Terry, was born in 1970.
    She focused her anger primarily at her daughters and trained her sons to beat and discipline the others. The second daughter, Suesan, was forced to eat large quantities of macaroni and cheese so she would become more plump, because Knorr was jealous of her daughter's skinny physique. One night she was shot in the chest by her mother, which she survived, though the bullet remained in her chest. Later, Theresa Knorr performed a home surgery on Suesan to remove the bullet. The wound became infected and Suesan fell ill. Her mother and brothers then took her to a field where they set her on fire, burning her to death. Theresa Knorr then forced her oldest daughter, Sheila, into prostitution and later thought she contracted an STD. So she murdered her by tying her up and locking her in a closet. Sheila eventually starved to death.
    Knorr and her sons were arrested in 1993, after being turned in by her youngest daughter. She first pled not guilty. However, when she learned that one of her sons decided to testify against her, she pled guilty to all charges to avoid capital punishment. She was sentenced to two consecutive life terms. She will be eligible for parole in 2027.
    Last edited by SEL2323; 04-25-2008 at 10:52 AM.

SEL2323 Guest
    bumping this up....its really a very understated explination of events, but maybe other can elaborate -

I've read a more detailed account of this before. This chick was really crazy. Wait, I'm going to look for it.

I'm back - here it is:

http://www.crimelibrary.com/notoriou...a_cross/5.html
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

pvezz Guest
    I read the book about her, and I can honestly say I have never been so deeply, personally disturbed by any of the killers I've read about as I was her. Paul Bernardo and Karla Homolka are a close second, but this was just soul-shattering. How she could do what she did to her children.....

Jazbabee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pvezz View Post
    I read the book about her, and I can honestly say I have never been so deeply, personally disturbed by any of the killers I've read about as I was her. Paul Bernardo and Karla Homolka are a close second, but this was just soul-shattering. How she could do what she did to her children.....
    I read a book on her also......this is NOT a human being, rather a person without a soul.....hope she NEVER is paroled !!!!

pattykad Guest
    I've read the book too and it I agree, it was one of the most
    disturbing true crime books I have ever read. How she just
    left that poor girl on the floor until she died and the family just
    walked around her. Just unbelievable.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    That was one of the true crime books I could only stomach once. So very heinous and soulless.

hoxharding Guest
    I am watching a show about it on A&E right now-it almost makes the death of the girl in Indianapolis look sane(the girl who was tortured and killed by her guardian and the neighborhood kids)

I found this-the grave of the surviving daughter:
    [SIZE=5]Theresa (Terry) Knorr Groves[/SIZE]Birth: Aug. 5, 1970
    Sacramento
    Sacramento County
    California, USADeath: Jul. 18, 2003
    Citrus Heights
    Sacramento County
    California, USA
    The only survived daughter of notorious Theresa Jimmie Cross; she was the brave person who broke the horrific crime to the police and which subsequently led to the arrest of her mother and older brothers. Sadly, just 3 and half months after appearance on A&E's "Cold Case File", this brave lady who fight for justice for her murdered sisters died of massive heart attack at 32. Burial:
    Bellview Cemetery
    Sacramento
    Sacramento County
    California, USA
    Record added: Dec 20 2003
    By: Billy Barton
    Last edited by hoxharding; 05-18-2008 at 03:05 PM.

Xtine Guest
    wowzers!

pvezz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hoxharding View Post
    I am watching a show about it on A&E right now-it almost makes the death of the girl in Indianapolis look sane(the girl who was tortured and killed by her guardian and the neighborhood kids)

I found this-the grave of the surviving daughter:
    [SIZE=5]Theresa (Terry) Knorr Groves[/SIZE]Birth: Aug. 5, 1970
    Sacramento
    Sacramento County
    California, USADeath: Jul. 18, 2003
    Citrus Heights
    Sacramento County
    California, USA
    The only survived daughter of notorious Theresa Jimmie Cross; she was the brave person who broke the horrific crime to the police and which subsequently led to the arrest of her mother and older brothers. Sadly, just 3 and half months after appearance on A&E's "Cold Case File", this brave lady who fight for justice for her murdered sisters died of massive heart attack at 32. Burial:
    Bellview Cemetery
    Sacramento
    Sacramento County
    California, USA
    Record added: Dec 20 2003
    By: Billy Barton
    How sad! I had no idea she had passed away!

hoxharding Guest
    She died at age 32- I can't even imagine the life she led- in that Cold Case show,she spoke of having to clean remains of one sister's face off the floor of the closet.

pvezz Guest
    She died at age 32- I can't even imagine the life she led- in that Cold Case show,she spoke of having to clean remains of one sister's face off the floor of the closet.
    I really feel bad, Hox, that she passed. She overcame so much. I can't imagine what she endured during her life. I read the book, and this woman went through more than anyone she ever have to see in a thousand lifetimes....

hoxharding Guest
    I really feel bad, Hox, that she passed. She overcame so much. I can't imagine what she endured during her life. I read the book, and this woman went through more than anyone she ever have to see in a thousand lifetimes....

I only saw the show and I feel awful about her. I don't think I could get through the book.

pvezz Guest
    I only saw the show and I feel awful about her. I don't think I could get through the book.
    Hox, as I posted earlier, I have read pretty much every true crime book ever written (it feels like I have, anyway). I have never been so disturbed as I was by Theresa Knorr. There are literally no words. I do know that Terry got married; hopefully, she had a few years of happiness before she passed. That just breaks my heart.

Parole? After 14 years? That's insane, too.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    I was just watching that on A&E tonight, but dozed off before it was over. I didn't realized she had died, either. I hope she found some happiness along the way.

RIP, Terry.

hoxharding Guest
    I don't think they spoke about her death,unless I missed it. I found it when I tried to find out what happened to her after the interview for the show.

ozzysmom Guest
    OMG, I had no idea that Terry has passed away. I guess her job was done here on earth after turning in her mom. I read that book about this also and yes it is one of the worst I've ever read. By the time I was finished reading it, I wanted to smack the shit out of Theresa Knorr. A horrible, hell bound, sack of shit.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    Is Theresa Knorr still alive, I wonder?

hoxharding Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Watson View Post

Do you mean Terry's mother? Because Terry is dead

I couldn't find anything about the Mother except it looks as if she is still in jail.
    Last edited by hoxharding; 05-19-2008 at 05:13 PM.

NOVSTORM Guest
    Her mother is still in jail. She can come up for parole in 2027 but hopefully they let her rot like that manson trash for the rest of her miserable life.

hoxharding Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NOVSTORM View Post
    Her mother is still in jail. She can come up for parole in 2027 but hopefully they let her rot like that manson trash for the rest of her miserable life.

I got confused the first time I tried to look these people up. The mother and daughter are both Teresa.
    I hope they keep the mother in jail until she dies.

ampshell Guest
    What has happened to her sons; Howard, Robert and William?

I read a book about this woman, as well. I'm still trying to understand how someone can abuse just some of her children, if she's going to abuse any at all. I mean, abusing your kids is about as sick as it gets, but why do they single some out? The psychologist in me wants to say she abused the girls because she was jealous of them, but that almost seems like too easy of a solution.
    Just drink lots of Kool-Aid, and take one of these blue pills three times a day.

BooMom Guest
    Laura, if I recall all the facts correctly, that is exactly correct - she was jealous.

secretsquirrel13 Guest
    On the daughter that passed...
    All I can think is, with all she saw, all she faced, and all she had to live with inside her with memories and daily reminders...maybe passing was a blessing for her...a release. She was no doubt suffering as much as any person with a physical wound...
    I hope she finally found peace.

darlingdawn Guest
    Wow, never heard of this woman before. What a sick person

cachluv Guest
    I just watched this Cold Case Files show again today. I had no idea Terry Groves passed away. I have no doubt that her suffering is over and I hope she's in a better place.

Watching the show, I was so angry with her for how passive and even enabling she was to her mother.

kzs@b'sMimi Guest

What happened to Howard, the eldest?

I've read several internet stories about this and watched "Wicked Attraction" tonight (7/30/09) and other than the fact that Howard was the oldest and first born, nothing else was ever said about him taking part in any of the murders or even what eventually happened to him. Is he still alive? Does anyone know anything about his life after leaving home? All I ever read was that he "got away" from home before Suesan was murdered.

Knorr makes fantastic food seasonings.

http://www.unileverme.com/our-brands...ages/knorr.asp
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Guest Guest
    sick sick woman!!

they wrote a book about her:

pvezz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kzs@b'sMimi View Post
    I've read several internet stories about this and watched "Wicked Attraction" tonight (7/30/09) and other than the fact that Howard was the oldest and first born, nothing else was ever said about him taking part in any of the murders or even what eventually happened to him. Is he still alive? Does anyone know anything about his life after leaving home? All I ever read was that he "got away" from home before Suesan was murdered.
    I dunno. I missed that Wicked Attraction, though; wonder if they'll replay it?

kzs@b'sMimi Guest
    This Wicked Attraction was a brand new season. I am very sure they will replay it several times, as they do all of the episodes of these shows.

kzs@b'sMimi Guest
    Wrong knorr - da

Sheila Knorr was pretty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

kzs@b'sMimi Guest
    All of the girls were pretty! That's why their Mom went off on them! If they had been fat and ugly they would probably still be alive today. She forced them to eat boxes and boxes of Macaroni and Cheese to make them get fat. The Mom was jealous of their youth and their beauty. That is why she abused the girls and left the boys alone.

Yes, you're right. They were all pretty. The mom was psychotic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

malaki Guest
    Lovely....

justinnah Guest
    anyone have seen any documentaries on that case? I am searching over the web and nothing ;/

update
    yeah I've found mommy's rules
    http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...36FC952112858B
    Last edited by justinnah; 12-23-2009 at 04:31 PM.

Nelliebean Guest
    I saw her daughter interviewed on a cable show a few years ago.

It's scary to see what parents can get their children to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazbabee View Post
    I read a book on her also......this is NOT a human being, rather a person without a soul.....hope she NEVER is paroled !!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by pattykad View Post
    I've read the book too and it I agree, it was one of the most
    disturbing true crime books I have ever read. How she just
    left that poor girl on the floor until she died and the family just
    walked around her. Just unbelievable.
    That was one of the true crime books I could only stomach once. So very heinous and soulless.
    I agree with y'all....I am able to maintain a certain distance when reading true crime for the most part, but this woman actually gave me nightmares. The "librarian" in me wouldn't allow me to toss the book, but it is on a top shelf in the very back. I have no desire to revisit that demon.

justinnah Guest
    what Theresa Knorr did is more than scary...
    I am wondering if she was mentally ill or it was really jealousy and effects of her early life problems :|

I really want to read that book.

Terry Knorr didn't die in 2003, I don't know how that rumor started. She did sadly pass away December 8th 2011. I know this thread hasn't been active for almost 2 and a half years, but I just wanted to give the correct information. Also on the sad side, her bitch of a mother is still alive.
    Her Facebook- http://www.facebook.com/pages/Theres...23967934344335
    Find A Grave- http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=51584257

tarsier Guest
    every time this gets bumped I keep hoping she's died.

Quote Originally Posted by tarsier View Post
    every time this gets bumped I keep hoping she's died.
    Yeah, instead it's the poor daughter-- AGAIN. Unfortunately, for real and for the last time.
    Poor Terry, she left a couple of young children, it would appear, and had just gotten a divorce. From her pictures, she looked 20+ years older than 41-- after a difficult life and who knows what health issues. I do hope the children grow up okay somehow, because now THEY have some traumas already. It never ends.

Bassetlover09 Guest
    This was seriously disturbing to me when i first watched it on Cold Case Files years ago. It was horrible finding out her poor daughter Terry had passed away. My gosh the crap she went through.
    Some people are downright evil.

Bassetlover09 Guest
    Is the evil mother still alive?

Mammy Guest
    As far as I can tell from looking around the internet, the evil mother is still alive. She really isn't very old either since she was born in 1946. We may get the pleasure of her existance for another twenty or thirty years on this planet.

I'm really confused about Terry. At the end of the Cold Case Files episode about the case, it said that she had died in 2003 at age 32 from a heart attack. There was even a Find-A-Grave entry for her that I had left a message on and now it is completely gone and the recent one is there. That makes no sense to me at all.

Thanks for the links, Riot. Terry's FB is haunting because she joined April 11, 2011, and the last post is May 9 (less than a month later). She lists in her Info all the abuse she suffered from several husbands, her problems with drugs and alcohol, and yet her hopes to get her GED and to be a positive influence on other victims of abuse.
    Happy Mother's Day.
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull