Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Andy Griffith & The Andy Griffith Show

travnut Guest
    My favorite one is when Barney buys a car from a old lady and her sons who are criminals. The car falls apart when Barney takes everyone for a ride.

Cemetry Gates Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Milte's Huge Wanger View Post
    Wow, I never thought I'd have the forum or opportunity to unload my Andy Griffith story! I've been telling it for years to friends and family but have looked forward to reaching a wider audience. I was in a bar in Wilmington N.C. back in the mid-90's having oysters and beer with a friend of mine from the Marines. It was actually the "Ice House" bar, the same one used in Dawson's Creek. Well, who comes in but Andy Griffith and some guy in his 40's. All the tables are taken and I see him talking to the manager, who immediately walks over to us and says "hey gents, I hate to have to ask, but this table is usually reserved for Mr. Griffith (as he points over to him) and I really need to make it available to him." We said "no problem, we were just leaving anyways, just give us two minutes to finish up." He says "ok" and then heads back over and relays that to Griffith. We're just finishing up and suddenly I feel a deafening blow to the back of my head! I turn around and realize that Andy had just broken a barstool over my head. He's standing there, red-faced, with the remnants of the barstool, one broken leg attached to the seat portion. I quickly jumped up and kicked him in the balls. He doubled over faster then Elton John visiting a Turkish bath. Just then, his buddy landed one to my jaw, while my Marine friend had jumped up on the table and landed a flying elbow to the back of Andy's head. Well, that had little affect as Andy pulled a knife and thrust it between my third and fourth rib. I dropped like a bag of sand and Andy, who was now grinning and slightly drooling started approaching to finish me off. Just then, my friend broke a bottle on the table and thrust it into the jugular of Andy's friend, who ran out of the bar screaming like a schoolgirl. This distracted Andy just long enough for me to get up and gouge his eyeballs out (you may have noticed his missing eyeballs during season 6 of Matlock). As he lay moaning in agony, I said "You '"aunt bee' messing with me, BITCH." Then we walked out. What a total prick.

LMAO!!! You're a genius!! You should be writing A.G.'s new shows. EFF all that Matlock shiznit!!

Uncle Miltie you owe me a new keyboard. Shot coffee through my nose I laughed so hard!

Danny62 Guest

Stay at Andy Griffiths home, cool!

ComputerGuy Guest
    That's Kewl. I wonder if ole Andy know about this?

Kathyf Guest
    Thanks this is so cool. I now have a b-day gift for my brother-in-law.

firegilnotguns Guest
    What a cool idea! Now I know where to stay if I'm ever in Wisconsin...

Uncle Milte's Huge Wanger Guest
    Thanks. It's funny because it's true. I hate that bastard.

Lisamarie Guest
    bwhahahahhahhahahahhahahaha!!!!!!

Danny62 Guest

The Andy Griffth Show to the big screen

Okay this will never happen. Reason is back in the late 80's they were going to do a movie on the big screen but Andy Griffith wanted script approval and the studio said no! Andy owns I believe at least half of the show and in a way I am glad Andy wanted approval because you know the studio would screw it up.

My question is if they would have done it today, who do you think would they should have gotten to play Andy and Barney?

I think Jim Carrey would have been great as Barney! And Ben Stiller would have been a great Andy!

As for the rest of the cast I can't think of anybody at the moment. Feel free to say who you thought may have been a great Floyd or Otis or whomever!!!

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Andy = Tom Hanks
    Barney = Bruce Campbell
    Aunt Bee = Debbie Reynolds
    Otis = Seth Rogen
    Howard = Billy Bob Thornton
    Floyd = Paul Giamatti

GrinReaper Guest
    Would Tom Hanks do comedy again?
    I wish he would!

Vince Vaugn as Andy
    Will Ferrall as Barney
    Robin Williams as Otis. (Imagine what he could improv!)
    Ben Stiller as Goober
    Jimmy Fallon as Gomer
    Rosanne as Aunt Bee

Jaxxx Guest
    I don't want to see anybody play Barney.... I would be heart broken.

Jaxxx Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinReaper View Post
    Would Tom Hanks do comedy again?
    I wish he would!

Vince Vaugn as Andy
    Will Ferrall as Barney
    Robin Williams as Otis. (Imagine what he could improv!)
    Ben Stiller as Goober
    Jimmy Fallon as Gomer
    Rosanne as Aunt Bee
    Yeah, Rosanne would be a great aunt Bea

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxxx View Post
    Don't worry it will never happen! Like I said Andy won't ever allow it to go to the big screen!

Harry in Connecticut Guest
    What about Opie? Imagine that casting call.

Wanted, red haired boy with freckles and a big ass.

A newcomer's first and last movie, no doubt in my mind.

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry in Connecticut View Post
    What about Opie? Imagine that casting call.

Wanted, red haired boy with freckles and a big ass.

A newcomer's first and last movie, no doubt in my mind.
    LOL

LOL @ the Opie thingy.

I'll have to think about this one. It was my favorite show when I was a kid.

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    LOL @ the Opie thingy.

I'll have to think about this one. It was my favorite show when I was a kid.
    It would probably have to be an unknown!! can't think any kid actors that fit the profile!!

SistaSara Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxxx View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    Don't worry it will never happen! Like I said Andy won't ever allow it to go to the big screen!
    I wouldn't be too sure it would never happen. Andy won't live for ever and whoever inherits his ownership could see it as a way to make some bucks.
    John Trim On Face Book
    On the internet you can be anything you want.
    It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

That's true John.

-----------------------------

Oh and what I said about the thinking about it thing...I meant the whole cast. That's a tough call, each and every one of them. Don't forget Ernest T. Bass folks!

Death Hag Chris Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
    Andy = Tom Hanks
    Barney = Bruce Campbell
    Aunt Bee = Debbie Reynolds
    Otis = Seth Rogen
    Howard = Billy Bob Thornton
    Floyd = Paul Giamatti
    man, you really thought this one through. and I AGREE, that would be an amazing cast. I think with a good script, director and producer that would be a pretty funny movie. good call.

OBX Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SistaSara View Post
    What is the significance of the coins (pennies, dimes) on the stone? Anyone know?

OBX Guest
    I am sorry, but all of the nominated Barneys are too big. Part of the humor of Barney was that he was thin and tiny. Will Ferrell is huge in comparison. So are Jim Carey and Bruce Campbell.
    Jim Carey could do the voice and Ferrell could be as silly, but Knotts was the complete package of someone that everyone could feel superior to in some way. At the same time, he captured part of how we are in our true selves.

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by johntrim040851 View Post
    I wouldn't be too sure it would never happen. Andy won't live for ever and whoever inherits his ownership could see it as a way to make some bucks.

I can see Andy doing a clause thought that would prohibit the making of the show??

But then again you could be right!

Its all about the mighty dollar anymore!! I for one would be sad to see it happen!

Here's a thought on a Barney: French Stewart

I was never a fan of that Third Rock From The Sun schlock, but he does fit the bill. He's not short (it says 5' 10" on the innnerrrneeeet), thin, goofy when he needs to be and rubber-faced. All definite requirements. What do you guys think of him as a possibility?

Kathyf Guest
    How about Billy Clyde Tuggle a.k.a John Henry Rockefeller (all my children) Real name Matthew Cowles for Ernest T. Bass

Kellycatt1 Guest
    Wow this is a really tough one. I think I have seen every episode but it is hard to think of people to do a new movie. I am going to have to think about this one too..(thinking gives me a headache)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathyf View Post
    How about Billy Clyde Tuggle a.k.a John Henry Rockefeller (all my children) Real name Matthew Cowles for Ernest T. Bass
    I don't know who that is. Probably because I don't watch soaps. Poo.

Is he short, skinny, athletic and can he act convincingly crazy?

As for the others, I don't know. But I don't see Tom Hanks as Andy. I really like him but he doesn't feel right for the part.

You know who I'd think would make a good Andy? George Clooney. Yeah, sounds weird at first but when I think about some of the movies he's done in the past like Oh Brother Where Art Thou and some others, I think he could pull it off.

Kathyf Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    I don't know who that is. Probably because I don't watch soaps. Poo.

Is he short, skinny, athletic and can he act convincingly crazy?

As for the others, I don't know. But I don't see Tom Hanks as Andy. I really like him but he doesn't feel right for the part.

You know who I'd think would make a good Andy? George Clooney. Yeah, sounds weird at first but when I think about some of the movies he's done in the past like Oh Brother Where Art Thou and some others, I think he could pull it off.
    Oh my god yes.He was on the soaps many years ago he would be perfect ! I will see if I can find a clip.

Danny62 Guest
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=Lz6wYcvu0hc

What Andy is like in real life?

He could play dark roles thats for sure.

Wow! I have never seen Andy like this! Thanks for sharing this with us!

i can genuinely say i don't like him anymore... i do remember some of the funniest andy griffith show's were the ones where he and barney went out with those two floozies lol (i think one was joyce jillson, and the gal with the deep voice... berney lmao)
    pull the string!

Bidmor Guest
    Sounds like Andy Griffith has a lot more in common with Lonesome Rhodes (his character in "A Face In The Crowd") than he does with Andy Taylor.

Danny62 Guest
    Andy always admitted he wasn't close to as nice as Andy Taylor. I have only seen clips of his Lonesome Rhodes character and yes he certainly could play a low life with no problem.

Bidmor Guest
    I recorded "A Face In The Crowd" off TCM. Robert Osborne stated in his intro that the story was loosely based on radio and early TV giant Arthur Godfrey, who presented a humble and folksy persona on radio and TV but was very similar to Griffith off stage, except Godfrey didn't have a temper to the extent that Griffith appears to.

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidmor View Post
    I recorded "A Face In The Crowd" off TCM. Robert Osborne stated in his intro that the story was loosely based on radio and early TV giant Arthur Godfrey, who presented a humble and folksy persona on radio and TV but was very similar to Griffith off stage, except Godfrey didn't have a temper to the extent that Griffith appears to.
    Wow I had no Idea it was kind of based on Arthur Godfrey. Godfrey may not have had a temper But I hear he was quite a prick in life though.

When fired Julius La Rosa over the radio and other stuff I have read about him.

I had a co-worker that use to work in the Toluca Lake Bank of America Branch. Said that Andy came in there with one of his kids and wanted to open them a checking account.
    Said the entire 20 minutes was some of the most unpleasant time he had ever spent with a customer.
    But I will say this. No one scares me more than Andy Griffith when he wants to play a bad guy. He is good at being bad. Same when he was scolding Opie. Damn, Andy could make me shake a bit.

crazedfemale Guest
    I love watching the B & W episodes of TAGS and I love Andy Griffith the actor - but AG the person...he says he's a Christian???

ApricotRoses Guest
    WELL... now y'all have done it. Ruined the image I had of Andy. Damn... are you all SURE that this stuff is TRUE.... I just can't believe it. I mean, Don Knotts and Aunt Bee definately made the show... but I have never heard this kind of stuff about Andy. Oh well, another one bites the dust....

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ApricotRoses View Post
    WELL... now y'all have done it. Ruined the image I had of Andy. Damn... are you all SURE that this stuff is TRUE.... I just can't believe it. I mean, Don Knotts and Aunt Bee definately made the show... but I have never heard this kind of stuff about Andy. Oh well, another one bites the dust....
    Yep its true. I remember reading an interview with him how he loved to punch holes in walls and tear doors from the hinges, and this was in the 60's when he was at home while filming TAGS!

I guess he was a very violent temper.

MorbidMolly Guest
    Wow.....great dirt on the Andy Man.......he seems so calm on Matlock........

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MorbidMolly View Post
    Wow.....great dirt on the Andy Man.......he seems so calm on Matlock........
    He takes out his anger at home. LOL

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan7962 View Post
    He takes out his anger at home. LOL
    It`s Dan the Man...........Howdy........

Danny62 Guest
    It`s Dan the Man...........Howdy........
    Hello! Haven't seen you in a while. I changed My avatar. Hope all is well?

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan7962 View Post
    Hello! Haven't seen you in a while. I changed My avatar. Hope all is well?
    Yeppers.......all is okey dokey........I miss your old AV........

Danny62 Guest
    Yeppers.......all is okey dokey........I miss your old AV........
    LOL

I have been throwing up some weird avatars lately!

Cathy J. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidmor View Post
    There is another movie that was done over the years similar to A Face in the Crowd. I wish I knew the title of it but this one was somewhat based on Lucille Ball though others have said it could have been about Andy too.

The movie was about some kid who really enjoyed watching a very popular sitcom. He became a HUGE fan of the star, joined the fan club, collected pics of the star of the show, and so forth.

Then one day he won some contest. He won the chance of not only being on the set of his favorite sitcom but also a chance to have lunch with his favorite star. Instead he saw a control-freak monster with issues, bitching everyone within earshot, throwing things and that lunch? The star could have cared less.

I guess the moral of the movie was that those who appear on TV are a lot of times are different when they aren't before the cameras.

I just wish I knew the name of this movie.

His son's death

Does anyone know the circumstances? All I know is that he died of an alcohol overdose, in 1996.

It may account for why Andy is such a nasty SOB.