Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213 LastLast

Thread: Murder of Meredith Kercher/ Amanda Knox

Don't know if extradition is a possibility, but the retrial wasn't an empty exercise for the ex-boyfriend, whi is still in Italy, and hasn't been allowed to leave the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    Don't know if extradition is a possibility, but the retrial wasn't an empty exercise for the ex-boyfriend, whi is still in Italy, and hasn't been allowed to leave the country.
    ugh, I didn't realize that... DAMN!!!! So he may sit in jail for the next 20+ years while Amanda sits home writing books and cashing in? Talk about the worst relationship of your life!

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    ugh, I didn't realize that... DAMN!!!! So he may sit in jail for the next 20+ years while Amanda sits home writing books and cashing in? Talk about the worst relationship of your life!
    Never stick it in the crazy, man!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul! (Invictus)
    (And Timothy McVeigh's last words...)

I had no idea he wasn't allowed to leave. But Knox was? Well that seems fair (wtf?)

On the question of guilt or innocence, I go back and forth and have just decided to go with "I have no idea." I think her behavior after the fact was kinda ridiculous, but she's young, and sometimes with young comes a bit of stupid. I usually look at the evidence (particularly DNA) and form a pretty solid opinion, but not this time.

Her putting the blame on an innocent man was a dick move, to be sure. Doesn't make her guilty, but it sure makes her an asshat. JS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by TaupinJohn View Post
    I had no idea he wasn't allowed to leave. But Knox was? Well that seems fair (wtf?)

On the question of guilt or innocence, I go back and forth and have just decided to go with "I have no idea." I think her behavior after the fact was kinda ridiculous, but she's young, and sometimes with young comes a bit of stupid. I usually look at the evidence (particularly DNA) and form a pretty solid opinion, but not this time.

Her putting the blame on an innocent man was a dick move, to be sure. Doesn't make her guilty, but it sure makes her an asshat. JS
    maybe cause he is originally from Italy and she wasn't? I wonder if there was a moment he could have left and he just didn't.

maybe cause he is originally from Italy and she wasn't? I wonder if there was a moment he could have left and he just didn't.
    I'm thinking the same thing. I think he is from Italy so that changes things. Kinda like if the location and situation was reversed. I don't think we would have left her leave if this happened in the US, but we would have let him go back to Italy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Quote Originally Posted by Subject_B View Post
    Snip.......

These articles also say she can be extradited.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...-1226815167103

If she will be or not is anybody's guess, though.
    This!

"The Italian legal system, though I don't love it, is a legitimate legal system and we have (an extradition) treaty with Italy so I don't see how we would resist".

"We're trying to get Snowden back - how does it look if we want Snowden back and we won't return someone for murder?" - Professor Alan Dershowitz (Harvard Law School)

Also, America is trying to extradite Julian Assange of Wikileaks fame. Same rule applies here.
    Last edited by neilmpenny; 01-31-2014 at 12:41 PM.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Apparently Sollecito was picked up by authorities near the Slovenian border. Trying to escape to Slovenia? Sounds like a desperate man to me!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...lecito-3096388

GuiltyLittleDeathHag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TaupinJohn View Post

He was allowed to leave when they were both found innocent, but he returned for the retrial and she did not. Not sure why he returned, but I supposed it doesn't matter because he's an Italian citizen and where would he go? Italy would get him anyway. Amanda is under the protection of the US.

We do have an extradition treaty with Italy guys...Whether they would follow it or say it's double jeopardy is the question...

the crime happened in 2007... why wouldn't the thread be started in 2007?
    If you read my comment, you'll see I hadn't realized the crime happened so long ago. ie 2007.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Apparently Sollecito was picked up by authorities near the Slovenian border. Trying to escape to Slovenia? Sounds like a desperate man to me!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...lecito-3096388

I couldn't blame him for being desperate, he's going to prison for 25 years for a crime I don't think he committed. I also heard on the news today that he proposed marriage to Amanda last year in order to obtain citizenship and she refused and he got pissed because he felt like he stood up for her and went to jail for 4 years and now he's going back for 25 while she is under US protection. I actually do feel sorry for him. I wouldn't if I thought he did it, of course, but I've read so much about this case and I really think these people were railroaded and then tried in the media...

[QUOTE=Jason;1434817]I find the comments on youtube are the worst in terms of ignorance & stupidity.

That's pretty trippy.

I don't know what I believe, but it would be pretty foul (or funny) if the US extradited her.

Yes, youtube does seem to be the cradle of idiocy to the highest degree humanly possible. I've been arguing with people on there for days and the comments seem to center around how all Americans are stupid morons who believe everything we're spoon fed, yet for me, someone who has studied this case extensively, the misinformation they are spouting out from the European media is astounding. I was in Italy when the original trial was going on so I've seen the coverage on both sides. I've also read a great deal about the case. And being a therapist, I think I have a pretty good handle on people, their behavior, what is consistent with it, what is not, and when people are lying to (since my clients lie to me on a daily basis and I can pretty much always tell). This case does not add up at all. And why it always comes down to bashing America...What really makes me laugh is someone will call us arrogant and then say we are all dumb. I asked one person "So we are arrogant yet you're insisting you are smarter than an entire country of 300 million people" yes, sounds like we are really the narcissistic ones here! When I tell them I have three degrees and am a therapist, hence, not stupid and I go through the facts they either stop talking or say "Well maybe you're not dumb, but most are and I still think she's guilty!" Some seem to think that just because she's American we think she's innocent. Which is idiotic in and of itself. If the case added up for me, I'd not care where she's from. I've come to believe if there was a video tape of the crime being committed by Guede alone, such people would still think she's guilty.
    Last edited by GuiltyLittleDeathHag; 01-31-2014 at 06:19 PM. Reason: mess up

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyLittleDeathHag View Post
    He was allowed to leave when they were both found innocent, but he returned for the retrial and she did not. Not sure why he returned, but I supposed it doesn't matter because he's an Italian citizen and where would he go? Italy would get him anyway. Amanda is under the protection of the US.

We do have an extradition treaty with Italy guys...Whether they would follow it or say it's double jeopardy is the question...
    To be honest, it completely slipped my mind he was Italian. It shouldn't have, but it did and you're right: where would he go?
    Saw an article earlier (I'll link it below if I can) and it said:

Sollecito apparently told officers he had gone to Austria for a "short break" and his father, Francesco, told Pisa he had no intention of "running away".
    http://uk.news.yahoo.com/kercher-39-killer-39-sollecito-39-stopped-border-093901005.html#TNFEcz7

He went on his "break" as the court was deciding the case (I think... not sure if they'd announced the verdict at that time or not.)
    Does seem like he was running, but maybe not. Anyway, Italy wasn't buying that and they stamped his passport so no more "breaks" could be taken. Well damn.

You know, I saw Knox on GMA this morning and that girl seriously needs to stop doing interviews. She comes off guilty as hell. She did the crying-without-tears thing (which a lot of people now associate with guilt ala Susan Smith.) I have no idea if she did it or not* but she does herself no favors by speaking publicly, to be sure.

Also: Did you know Guede will likely get out of prison this year, after serving only seven years? ::shrug:: Maybe that's how they do it over there, I don't know. But it doesn't seem like enough.

*Actually, I'm leaning towards not... I haven't seen sufficient evidence to prove her guilt, and Rudy Guede who DID do it hasn't told the same story twice and didn't implicate her in most of his accounts. And the Italian prosecutors are (absolutely insane) just... well some of their theories are ludicrous, to be kind. I'd vote not-guilty if I was a juror and know only what I know today. Maybe she did it, maybe not. But prove it? Nobody did that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DrDeath Guest
    I don't believe he did it for a second. Her, I'm not so sure about. To be honest I haven't read much on the trials mainly because everything legal and interesting got lost in the celebrity circus of Foxy Knoxy and so I kinda got lost. What evidence did they have to incriminate her to such a degree I wonder?

I just have this gut feeling that she WAS involved in some way...I don't think she's as "innocent" as people are making her out to be...

I have no idea as to her guilt or innocence. I choose to think that she is innocent; I don't really know why. I know we're talking about Italy, but here in the States can you even be tried for the same crime that you have already been found not guilty of? Would the US extradite her when we couldn't even try her a second time without new charges and evidence? As an American in America is she subject to their laws or ours? I know that the crime was committed there; she was eventually found not guilty and allowed to freely leave; should she be returned just because they changed their minds? She is a pretty young lady; but when I look at her eyes I see some quality that I can only describe as "predatory"...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Amanda.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	82.3 KB 
ID:	49801
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

DonnaMc Guest
    If she is found not guilty in her appeal, can they try her AGAIN? Does it ever end in Itally?

I hate this person, but she is guilty of having a short awful haircut.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    I have no idea as to her guilt or innocence. I choose to think that she is innocent; I don't really know why. I know we're talking about Italy, but here in the States can you even be tried for the same crime that you have already been found not guilty of? Would the US extradite her when we couldn't even try her a second time without new charges and evidence? As an American in America is she subject to their laws or ours? I know that the crime was committed there; she was eventually found not guilty and allowed to freely leave; should she be returned just because they changed their minds? She is a pretty young lady; but when I look at her eyes I see some quality that I can only describe as "predatory"...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Amanda.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	82.3 KB 
ID:	49801
    No, you can't be tried again for the same crime twice if you were acquitted at the first trial. That is why Mel Ignatow got away with killing Brenda Sue Schaeffer. He was acquitted at his trial and when evidence came out afterwards that he was in fact guilty, he admitted to killing her because he knew he couldn't be tried for the crime again. It's also why Darlie Routier was only tried for the murder of one son. If she had been acquitted for killing him, new charges could have been filed against her for the murder of her other son. A person who is in the military and acquitted in a civilian trial can be charged with the same crime by the military and tried in military court if they choose to pursue it like Jeffrey MacDonald, Tim Hennis, and Brent Burke.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    No mate, it's called Double Jeopardy. As Mammy noted above, you can't be tried for the same crime twice in the U.S.A. Like you, I am not sure about Italy. However, a civil suit can be launched by the victim or their family which is a whole new kettle of fish.

I did a little reading yesterday, and it seems the second trial was ordered during an appeal. So, she gets convicted, appeals and wins. Then the prosecution appeals and the judge orders a new trial. That's how I read it anyway. Since the new trial is ordered during the appeals process of the first trial, is it in fact a brand new trial, or merely an extension of the first trial? This distinction is the key I think. I only studied a bit of contract law, this is new territory for me. Wish we had a lawyer on the board to clear things up a tad.

In Australia I know that if a person is convicted of murder and sentenced to death in-absentia (meaning that the person was convicted in their home country, and the person was in Australia at the time), then Australia will not extradite that person knowing they are going to get the chop. My thinking is along similar lines being: If Double Jeopardy is illegal in the U.S.A., would it be fair grounds not to extradite the person to Italy knowing that they are facing Double Jeopardy? I bet that is what her lawyers are going to put up as her defence against extradition.

Very slippery slope as the U.S.A. wants to get their hands upon Snowdon and Assange via extradition. Their respective hosts could put up arguments to state that the U.S. law violates one of their countries statutes, and they will not comply with an extradition order. It could set a precedent in international law, if one has not been set already.

If the U.S.A. does not extradite her, then all hell is going to break loose in Australia over Julian Assange. The politicians in Aussie are 'all the way with LBJ', but the citizens are not. We don't think Assange has commited a crime, apart from being too smug and a smart-arse.
    Last edited by neilmpenny; 02-01-2014 at 07:45 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Knox reminds me of the Ramseys - for some reason I don't like her and a part of me wants her to be guilty.

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    Knox reminds me of the Ramseys - for some reason I don't like her and a part of me wants her to be guilty.
    She seems to like herself enough for all of us.

she didn't make any friends while in jail

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk...a-knox-3100098

DrDeath Guest
    To be fair to her, if I was cooped up in a foreign jail I would be doing my utmost to keep it together- certainly in 'public' areas. You don't want to give away any weaknesses

Quote Originally Posted by DrDeath View Post
    I don't believe he did it for a second. Her, I'm not so sure about. To be honest I haven't read much on the trials mainly because everything legal and interesting got lost in the celebrity circus of Foxy Knoxy and so I kinda got lost. What evidence did they have to incriminate her to such a degree I wonder?
    I read Sollecito's book "Honor Bound" and I believe him. He maintains that Amanda was with him the whole night at his apartment, and if she had left, he would have known, because he would have had to buzz her back into his building. He originally said he wasn't sure because he felt pressure with the police screaming at him and couldn't remember which night was which, because she had left his house some nights to do a shift at work, but when he thought about it, he remembered that night and said she did not leave.
    His story in the book made total sense to me and came across as genuine and is really what convinced me of their innocence, that and digging through a whole lot of media misinformation to hear the other side of things. I also believe him because he could have thrown her under the bus, but instead did 4 years in prison and is about to do 25 more because he always said she never left. How many people who are sick enough to rape and murder an innocent girl would hesitate to give her up to get less or no time? Guede, on the other hand, his DNA was found all over the murder room, his fingerprints were on her purse and her rent money was missing, he had a history of burglaries by throwing a rock through a window, a rock was thrown through the window. Everything points to him. I think this case was tried in the media and tainted so many people's opinions that they can't look objectively at the facts. I've been arguing with people for days on youtube who are taking this case as a golden opportunity to bash Americans and America for everything under the sun, making rude, arrogant and nasty one sided generalizations...Some are saying most Americans believe her innocent just because she's pretty and American. And I think that's absurd...If I believed the evidence pointed to her, I'd have no problem saying, ship her butt back there, but I've read so much about this case, that I went from being on the fence to being convinced, they weren't even there.

What incriminated her originally was that the prosecutor did not like her behavior and found her suspect. They interrogated her over the course of many days, and on the final day, after a 10 hour interrogation where she says she was hit on the head and refused to use a toilet, food or drink, she finally gave up. They told her she must have amnesia and needs to remember being there, they also believed at the time her boss, a bar owner from Africa was the other man guilty (not Guede) because they found a hair consistent with an African person and because Amanda texted him the night of the murder to ask if she had to work, when he said no, she responded "Ok see you later" which they took to mean, she had a prearranged meeting with him. When she cracked she said "I don't know, maybe Lumumba was there, I don't remember, I'm very confused, this is like a dream, maybe I heard screaming and blocked it out, but I don't remember this" They took this as a confession and arrested her. Even after they found out it was not Lumumba, but Guede who was there, they just switched to "Ok, then she conspired with Guede instead" even though they had only met twice in passing before and there is no evidence Guede even ever met Sollecito.

Guede originally stated he had consensual sex with Meredith, then went to the toilet, heard a commotion and saw an unknown Italian male running away, he states he panicked that he'd be blamed cause he's black, so he left her there to die and didn't call anyone, then went out dancing and the next day fled Italy for Germany with the money he took from Meredith's purse. He never said another woman was there at all or that he was certain the man he saw was Sollecito until he was offered a deal which cut his sentence in half.
    Last edited by GuiltyLittleDeathHag; 02-04-2014 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Added more info

DonnaMc Guest
    In my heart I believe she didn't do it although it is very easy to blame them. They just acted weird during the whole thing. They were just two young spoiled brats who didn't realize how serious this was.

The Italians saw Knox as the utlimate ugly american travelling overseas - she was arrested more for her behavior than any evidence.
    Last edited by cash; 02-04-2014 at 07:55 PM.

Here is my understanding of the "Double Jeopardy" situation. Once Amanda Knox was acquitted in the 2nd trial and allowed to leave the country, the High Court never affirmed it, leaving the door wide open. Obviously this is cause for a lot of legal wrangling that may take some time to sort out, I don't think she'll be extradited soon, but the possibility does exist that it could happen in the future...
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

pixiepereira Guest
    I got the following from the People Magazine forum ... Haven't checked it out but thought I'd post it over here for you guys.

If you are really sincere about the innocent or guilty verdict, please give the following some thought. It is easy reading. If not, disregard.

Famed and renowned FBI profiler, John Douglas, who studied the case is convinced Amanda Knox and Raffaela Sollecito are innocent.

Google: Crime Expert John Douglas on the Knox-Sollecito prosecution.

Here one can find truths and facts.
    Or click on the link.

http://groundreport.COM/unarresting-...ele-sollecito/

DonnaMc Guest
    I think they are innocent too. It was a "Rush to Judgement" deal.

I dont think they will extradite, because of the double jeopardy statutes in the US. Its similar to how Canada will sometimes refuse to extradite folks wanted in the US despite an extradition treaty because they could in some cases face the death penalty which Canada doesnt allow.

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    The Italians saw Knox as the utlimate ugly american travelling overseas - she was arrested more for her behavior than any evidence.
    Yes this is exactly right, just look at any of the comment sections on this case and it automatically goes from Amanda Knox to bashing America for everything from being "stupid and fat" to the Iraq war...Nothing that is even related to this case in anyway. Some in Europe seem to have a vested interest in hating this woman and wouldn't change their minds if there was a video tape of Guede doing it alone...They'd say she was holding the camera
    It's quite maddening to be be so stereotyped since I have a masters degree, weigh 125-135 lbs (depending if I'm sticking to my diet lol) and was against Iraq and all wars Yet I have people acting like they know me and know her just based on where she happened to be born...
    Last edited by GuiltyLittleDeathHag; 02-09-2014 at 11:09 AM. Reason: mistake

Good article / video with Alan Dershowitz on his thoughts on Knox and points of law regarding double jeopardy.

http://www.newsmax.com/NewsmaxTv/ala...1/31/id/550244

lisalouver Guest
    She is guilty as sin.

Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    She is guilty as sin.
    Have to say, I agree! I have always felt she was guilty....something not right, I am big on intuition. Everytime I ignore my gut, I always regret it

Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus View Post
    Good article / video with Alan Dershowitz on his thoughts on Knox and points of law regarding double jeopardy.

I didn't see Dershowitz address double jeopardy in that article. I've seen him speak on this a few times and he glosses over it every time.

I didn't follow this nor do I know the evidence or lack of but she was declared innocent, released and sent home. Case over.

endsleigh03 Guest
    I think she was in it up to her ass after watching that last interview.

Quote Originally Posted by john*thomas View Post
    I didn't see Dershowitz address double jeopardy in that article. I've seen him speak on this a few times and he glosses over it every time.

I didn't follow this nor do I know the evidence or lack of but she was declared innocent, released and sent home. Case over.
    See post #558 in this thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by triccelli View Post
    Have to say, I agree! I have always felt she was guilty....something not right, I am big on intuition. Everytime I ignore my gut, I always regret it
    So true!

Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    I think she was in it up to her ass after watching that last interview.
    I thought it from the very beginning. I have investigated hundreds of deaths... that and my intuition tell me she did it.

Of course, could also be her smug as fuck attitude. Thats a dead giveaway as well.

So true!

I thought it from the very beginning. I have investigated hundreds of deaths... that and my intuition tell me she did it.

Of course, could also be her smug as fuck attitude. Thats a dead giveaway as well.
    That's so funny cause my gut when I watch both of them is that they are innocent. I have looked into a lot and also feel something isn't right, but the other way around. I admit I was on the fence for a while and not sure, but the more I look at it, the more I believe them innocent. I read Sollecito's book "Honor Bound" and what he says rings very true to me. My father is from Italy and the things he says about the system there, I see absolutely how it could be correct, just having spent time there and knowing the mentality of some Italians. I'm not blasting Italians (I'm half Italian myself), but I just know sometimes they can be very overly judgmental and rush to conclusions about things and will never be willing to admit a mistake. I see that all over this case. I also see that Guede is just all over this crime and looking closely, they're really no place to be found, only stupid statements they made, especially Amanda, which I have to say I can see a lot of young naive American girls abroad making in her situation. (Again not meaning to bash anybody, I'm born and raised in the US and I love it and most of the people here as well), I'm just saying I think she had no freaking clue what she got herself into and did not have the sophistication to deal with the situation she found herself in. It all seems consistent to me, in my life experience with both cultures and just reading the facts, I really believe Guede did this alone and I really believe Sollecito's story when I read it, it clearly up so many questions I still had and his story seemed to make so much more sense that what Mignini was touting...

When I first heard of this case, I was in Italy, it was when the original trial was going on and I was watching it a bit on TV, I don't know if there is an English translation of it anywhere, but he stated openly in court that there was "no robbery", when in fact there was, Meredith's rent money was missing and Guede's fingerprints were on her purse. All arrows point to Guede in this to me. The case almost reminds me of the central park jogger case where those 5 boys admitted they raped and beat a woman nearly to death, even though only one man's DNA profile was at the scene and it matched none of the boys, then a serial killer admitted to doing it, but to this day, a cop who worked that case still thinks the boys were involved, even though they were released and cleared and clearly just cracked under police pressure. That's just how I see it.

lisalouver Guest
    That's so funny cause my gut when I watch both of them is that they are innocent. I have looked into a lot and also feel something isn't right, but the other way around. I admit I was on the fence for a while and not sure, but the more I look at it, the more I believe them innocent. I read Sollecito's book "Honor Bound" and what he says rings very true to me. My father is from Italy and the things he says about the system there, I see absolutely how it could be correct, just having spent time there and knowing the mentality of some Italians. I'm not blasting Italians (I'm half Italian myself), but I just know sometimes they can be very overly judgmental and rush to conclusions about things and will never be willing to admit a mistake. I see that all over this case. I also see that Guede is just all over this crime and looking closely, they're really no place to be found, only stupid statements they made, especially Amanda, which I have to say I can see a lot of young naive American girls abroad making in her situation. (Again not meaning to bash anybody, I'm born and raised in the US and I love it and most of the people here as well), I'm just saying I think she had no freaking clue what she got herself into and did not have the sophistication to deal with the situation she found herself in. It all seems consistent to me, in my life experience with both cultures and just reading the facts, I really believe Guede did this alone and I really believe Sollecito's story when I read it, it clearly up so many questions I still had and his story seemed to make so much more sense that what Mignini was touting...

When I first heard of this case, I was in Italy, it was when the original trial was going on and I was watching it a bit on TV, I don't know if there is an English translation of it anywhere, but he stated openly in court that there was "no robbery", when in fact there was, Meredith's rent money was missing and Guede's fingerprints were on her purse. All arrows point to Guede in this to me. The case almost reminds me of the central park jogger case where those 5 boys admitted they raped and beat a woman nearly to death, even though only one man's DNA profile was at the scene and it matched none of the boys, then a serial killer admitted to doing it, but to this day, a cop who worked that case still thinks the boys were involved, even though they were released and cleared and clearly just cracked under police pressure. That's just how I see it.
    Not only do I work in death investigation (and have for many years) but I also am on the board of the Innocence Project here in my state. So believe me when I say I have seen many, many miscarriages of justice. And have worked on more than just a few.

There are certain things that one notices about crime scenes when you have worked in it as long as I have and there are certain things one notices about the killer when you interview them (and I have interviewed killers at death scenes). I have also testified as an expert witness in trials.

I dont say any of this to sway anyone else, but simply to say that when I say I have experience in this, I do. On both ends. Both in helping convict, and helping get the innocent released.

I see no similarities between this case and the Central Park jogger at all. That case was a major miscarriage of justice, and I know how and why it happened. Sadly, there are hundreds of cops, lawyers, DA's and so on who no matter what irrefutable evidence is presented to them of someones innocence they will choose to ignore it.

She did it and will probably get away with it. But I have no doubt in my mind that she is guilty.

Not only do I work in death investigation (and have for many years) but I also am on the board of the Innocence Project here in my state. So believe me when I say I have seen many, many miscarriages of justice. And have worked on more than just a few.

There are certain things that one notices about crime scenes when you have worked in it as long as I have and there are certain things one notices about the killer when you interview them (and I have interviewed killers at death scenes). I have also testified as an expert witness in trials.

I dont say any of this to sway anyone else, but simply to say that when I say I have experience in this, I do. On both ends. Both in helping convict, and helping get the innocent released.

I see no similarities between this case and the Central Park jogger at all. That case was a major miscarriage of justice, and I know how and why it happened. Sadly, there are hundreds of cops, lawyers, DA's and so on who no matter what irrefutable evidence is presented to them of someones innocence they will choose to ignore it.

She did it and will probably get away with it. But I have no doubt in my mind that she is guilty.

Interesting. Since you work with an innocence project what do you make of the Idaho innocence project coming to her defense? I'd be curious to hear your views, because I have a lot of respect folks that work on innocence projects.

What about her behavior and/or the crime scene do you feel gives her away? It's odd we take her so differently. I don't work at death scenes, but I am a therapist and consider myself a rather good judge of character and feel pretty confident I know when I'm being lied to, since I get lied to on a daily basis by clients lol. And I'm not seeing it myself...I'd be interested to hear your thoughts though as someone with a somewhat similar background in trying to read people. I don't usually work with criminals, though I did intern for a year in a prison, mostly non violent crimes, but I did have two in for murders...And I was just scared to death being in the room with them, something about them, their demeanor, their mannerisms, just came across as stone cold psychopaths...I don't get that vibe here, and I would think she'd have to be rather remorseless a killer to commit such a heinous crime...What's your take?

lisalouver Guest
    Interesting. Since you work with an innocence project what do you make of the Idaho innocence project coming to her defense? I'd be curious to hear your views, because I have a lot of respect folks that work on innocence projects.

What about her behavior and/or the crime scene do you feel gives her away? It's odd we take her so differently. I don't work at death scenes, but I am a therapist and consider myself a rather good judge of character and feel pretty confident I know when I'm being lied to, since I get lied to on a daily basis by clients lol. And I'm not seeing it myself...I'd be interested to hear your thoughts though as someone with a somewhat similar background in trying to read people. I don't usually work with criminals, though I did intern for a year in a prison, mostly non violent crimes, but I did have two in for murders...And I was just scared to death being in the room with them, something about them, their demeanor, their mannerisms, just came across as stone cold psychopaths...I don't get that vibe here, and I would think she'd have to be rather remorseless a killer to commit such a heinous crime...What's your take?
    I dont know anyone at that particular project to say well enough, although I do know that they have came to her aid. Certainly I have seen cases that have come through our office that I would not work on personally and would not put my name on.

Knox IMO is a narcissist in every sense of the word. She also exhibits some pretty classic sociopathic behavior. In all my work with death and the killers I have come across, only a very small handful come across as stone cold and no remorse. The majority (probably in the 98th percentile) of murders are committed by a person close to the victim. This is not anything new... the stranger killing is quite rare.

Going back to Knox, she does strike me as not having remorse, but she also has a false sense of grandiose that comes across in all the interviews she has done. It is so crystal clear to me I cannot even watch her speak anymore.

I see her as smug which is another trait that killers (especially serial killers - which she is not) tend to foster within themselves and no matter how hard they try to bottle it (and she does) it oozes out. She also sees herself as a good liar, but she comes across to me as a poor liar.

I dont know anyone at that particular project to say well enough, although I do know that they have came to her aid. Certainly I have seen cases that have come through our office that I would not work on personally and would not put my name on.

Knox IMO is a narcissist in every sense of the word. She also exhibits some pretty classic sociopathic behavior. In all my work with death and the killers I have come across, only a very small handful come across as stone cold and no remorse. The majority (probably in the 98th percentile) of murders are committed by a person close to the victim. This is not anything new... the stranger killing is quite rare.

Going back to Knox, she does strike me as not having remorse, but she also has a false sense of grandiose that comes across in all the interviews she has done. It is so crystal clear to me I cannot even watch her speak anymore.

I see her as smug which is another trait that killers (especially serial killers - which she is not) tend to foster within themselves and no matter how hard they try to bottle it (and she does) it oozes out. She also sees herself as a good liar, but she comes across to me as a poor liar.
    That's so interesting, I don't see it, maybe I will look over some of her interviews, but I guess my mind is already made up. I do think Guede had some interaction with Meredith, he was friend with the guy she was dating who lived downstairs. He had briefly met Amanda as well, but I don't think he'd ever met Sollecito prior to this. It also kind of gives me pause to think an innocence project might take on a case where you feel someone is clearly guilty, I find that disturbing lol. I had so much faith in those places...

weirdgurl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus View Post

I found it interesting that in this interview he states that everyone is "forgetting the victim" and that it is ludicrous that people are saying that the Italian police manufactured evidence. WTF?
    Wasn't he one of OJ's lawyers???

I don't know if Knox is guilty or not but I do feel that if the US does not allow her to be extradited back to Italy it pretty much reinforces the world view of America as a "do as I say, not as I do" country. How and/or why could we expect any other country to honor our requests for the same?

Well many countries also refuse to extradite criminals here if they face the death penalty...I don't really agree with the death penalty, but they are sort of saying the same thing "You can't do what we don't do or you won't get our criminal back". I think a lot of things people complain about America they have been in the past or are guilty of doing themselves, honestly...It always seems to stand out more for some reason on us lol

She's got that ' puppy dog ' face down pretty good.

I still don't know about her guilt or innocence, but she looks scary. Her interviews seem forced. That doesn't make her a killer. Perhaps she is a narcissist and just lacks empathy.

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    See post #558 in this thread.
    He skips right over it. He wants to sacrifice one's Constitutional rights in the name of getting Snowden back. Pretty crappy out of him.