Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Murder of Meredith Kercher/ Amanda Knox

GuiltyLittleDeathHag Guest
    The kissing part didn't bother me as much as the cartwheel. That's odd to do in a police station at any time let alone after somethng like that. I hate to say it, but it either makes her look guilt or incredibly childish and weird. Either is possible IMO. With Darlie, that was her CHILD, so I think her silly string is worse. Not that she shouldn't have been upset about her roommate being killed, but seriously, throwing a silly string party on your kids grave is above and beyond.

See I'm one of the few people that doesn't think the silly string thing was that bad. I don't think that makes her seem any more guilty at all. I don't think she was celebrating her kids deaths or anything. The cartwheels things is weird but I don't even know now for sure if it happened. The only kissing I have seen was when she was at the store buying underwear and she kissed him, I didnt' think it was anything over the top or anything like Jason said, just comforting each other. I still don't have an opinion on her guilt but I just wanted to throw in my 02.

We were watching her "home coming" last night on the news here, as a lot of Seattle folks are celebrating her acquittal. They had cameras panned at her parent's house and her grandmother's house. It was very ridiculous IMHO. Then I saw her exclusive first interview..why I felt disgusted at her crocodile tears is beyond me. I dunno I felt she had a bit role in this somehow. You know there is a burger joint out here that has a Amanda Knox burger plate special? It comes with a flame broiled burger, lettuce, cheese, tomato, onion and the oh so special sauce.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When life hands you tequila, make a margarita.

babyblujems Guest
    While I think she at the very least knows what happened I don't think she or Sollecito had much to do with it. Something about that Rudy guy just always creeped me out.

Mulvaness Guest
    This was posted on John Douglas's facebook today. I know that not everyone likes him but, this interview was done a while ago.
    http://www.groundreport.com/World/Un...glas_1/2941619

Oogie Boogie Guest
    I have no idea what to believe. I hope that she didn't do it, since she got acquitted.

Either way, I really hurt for Meredith's family; though. If I were Amanda, I would try to be as low key as possible at this point out of respect for the fact that they lost someone dear to them. Her celebrating seems somewhat distasteful.

PurrPurr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Oogie Boogie View Post
    I have no idea what to believe. I hope that she didn't do it, since she got acquitted.

Either way, I really hurt for Meredith's family; though. If I were Amanda, I would try to be as low key as possible at this point out of respect for the fact that they lost someone dear to them. Her celebrating seems somewhat distasteful.
    I agree; it was just low class and inappropriate, given there was a brutal murder involved. What burns me about the whole thing is all the focus on Amanda and very little on the real victim, who was Meredith. I hope her family can someday find some kind of closure to all of this injustice.

Hippo Guest
    Amanda's behavior is hardly surprising, if you look at how she acted when Meredith was murdered. Whether she's guilty or not, her behavior is inappropriate.

I still feel like she was a spoiled brat who thought that her parents were going to get her out of this. Maybe spending four years in prison has caused her to grow up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Giada Guest
    Appropriate or inappropriate behavior ... No comment from me.

What I did find interesting was the turn this case made once a thorough DNA investigation was undertaken. The Perugian authoritie's work was sloppy and incomplete.

lisalouver Guest
    There is no doubt in my mind that she is guilty.

I feel the worst for the victims family. That poor woman has almost literally been forgotten

slingshot Guest
    Nancy Grace calls Knox verdict a 'miscarriage of justice'

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44790400..._wa/?GT1=43001

“I believe that while Amanda Knox did not wield the knife herself, I think that she was there, with her boyfriend, and that he did the deed, and that she egged him on. That’s what I think happened,” said Grace.

PurrPurr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by slingshot View Post

For once, I have to agree.

Perdi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by slingshot View Post

I agree too...it seems the most reasonable hypothesis that I have seen because I truly do believe they both know more about it than they have let on!

I saw in the paper today that the judge who presided over the appeal has also said that the judgement was based on the evidence created in the hearing, and that the two of them may have been responsible for Meredith's death, but that the evidence was not there.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011...?newsfeed=true

Deathgoddess Guest

weird

Okay, I have read this whole thread and I wonder why no one has pointed out the bizarro wording in her recount of what happened. It seems so self serving and not at all what someone who was worried about going to jail would write. It has really strange in depth details of things that don't matter as far as the case against her is concerned. Like this:

"One thing I do remember is that I took a shower with Raffaele and this might explain how we passed the time. In truth, I do not remember exactly what day it was, but I do remember that we had a shower and we washed ourselves for a long time. He cleaned my ears, he dried and combed my hair."

To me that seems like it is the Amanda Show and she wants everyone to know about the random details of her life, If my roommate were BRUTALLY murdered I wouldn't be reminiscing about my boyfriend cleaning my ears WTF?

I don't know if she is guilty but she seems like a psychopath to me, just everything about her behavior makes me think that the attention she recieved because of the murder was like a dream come true.

intothelight Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Valentino009 View Post
    We were watching her "home coming" last night on the news here, as a lot of Seattle folks are celebrating her acquittal. They had cameras panned at her parent's house and her grandmother's house. It was very ridiculous IMHO. Then I saw her exclusive first interview..why I felt disgusted at her crocodile tears is beyond me. I dunno I felt she had a bit role in this somehow. You know there is a burger joint out here that has a Amanda Knox burger plate special? It comes with a flame broiled burger, lettuce, cheese, tomato, onion and the oh so special sauce.
    Now, that is just fucking ridiculous. I don't think she's worthy enough to get a burger special named after her. I've read the whole story behind it all, and I agree she had some role in it all.

Lout_Rampage Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tarsier View Post
    Will they reopen the case again? Or does it just get swept away?
    Now if I wanted to get away wityh murder i wouldn't go to Italy, Florida or Canada. I like my home state wher you can kill anyone with a rifle as long as it's shot from out doors (hunting accident and it doesn't even haveto be hunting season)
    Well Rudy Guede was also convicted of the murder based on DNA at the crime scene. I don't really see the point in reopening the case.

Hippo Guest
    Since Amanda seems to make such very odd statements and do such odd, inappropriate things, I can't imagine that she will be a very good interview subject for the media.

I hate to make this comparison, but remember Octomom? The press was all over her until her lying and strange behavior became so nauseating that the media pretty much leaves her alone. When a person doesn't have a compelling, CREDIBLE story, people tire of it very quickly.

Djen Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoddess View Post
    Okay, I have read this whole thread and I wonder why no one has pointed out the bizarro wording in her recount of what happened. It seems so self serving and not at all what someone who was worried about going to jail would write. It has really strange in depth details of things that don't matter as far as the case against her is concerned. Like this:

"One thing I do remember is that I took a shower with Raffaele and this might explain how we passed the time. In truth, I do not remember exactly what day it was, but I do remember that we had a shower and we washed ourselves for a long time. He cleaned my ears, he dried and combed my hair."

To me that seems like it is the Amanda Show and she wants everyone to know about the random details of her life, If my roommate were BRUTALLY murdered I wouldn't be reminiscing about my boyfriend cleaning my ears WTF?

I don't know if she is guilty but she seems like a psychopath to me, just everything about her behavior makes me think that the attention she recieved because of the murder was like a dream come true.
    That is really odd. Not only that she was giving so many details, but whose boyfriend cleans her ears?

Mammy Guest
    Maybe he was a cat in a former life?

Maybe she mistook his sticking his tongue in her ear for post shower hygienic maintenance.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

aedgar5000 Guest
    My heart bleeds for Meredith's family. How badly they must miss her. RIP Meredith

Evil Sushi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Djen View Post
    That is really odd. Not only that she was giving so many details, but whose boyfriend cleans her ears?
    Someone with blood on their ears??

Lorenathered Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Sushi View Post
    Someone with blood on their ears??
    LOL, love the response. I also thought it was odd that she mentioned that. And now for my two cents........the evidence is flimsy at best. That being said, I think she is guilty. It is mostly because of her bizarre behavior but more than that it is just a gut instinct I have about her. I have no proof, just this unshakable feeling that she was in on it and will do something like this again in the future - if only for the attention. You know that the people who harm their kids for the attention?

Mammy Guest
    Actually Evil Sushi, that is a plausible reason why he would wash her ears. A person at the scene of a brutal murder would likely have blood in a lot of strange places, even their ears. She probably should have kept that little tidbit to herself.

Now, that is just fucking ridiculous. I don't think she's worthy enough to get a burger special named after her. I've read the whole story behind it all, and I agree she had some role in it all.
    I am in total agreement intothelight!Couldn't pay me to order the Amanda Knox special. Everyday the news has something "exclusive" about her too....yesterday they were at her mom's house, and what was she doing....carrying a plant into the house! Wow....! Her dad is really also trying to make money off of this whole fiasco. It's so disgusting! I really feel bad for the victim's family, who have seemed to just fade off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When life hands you tequila, make a margarita.

discod Guest
    Her speech she did when she got out......the one where she said she had to be reminded to speak in English...those crocodile tears and the ramblimgs reminded me of Lee Anthony when he did his CMA speech at the memorial....both scripted and both acted....no sense of emotion or any anything else they both just scream me me me !

Deathgoddess Guest
    Good Point Mammy, I would never have thought of that! It just seemed like a very odd thing to say and even more odd to write it down. She is a very strange bird indeed. And I know it has been mentioned on here before, but why do they go overboard calling her beautiful? She is average at best! I am sick to death of hearing about how she was targeted and convicted because she was so beautiful, geez what a crock/

Mammy Guest
    Actually, Evil Sushi brought it up first. I was just agreeing because it made sense. I don't see why some people think she is beautiful either. I don't even think she is remotely cute. She is geeky looking and has the personality of a turnip.

intothelight Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Valentino009 View Post
    I am in total agreement intothelight!Couldn't pay me to order the Amanda Knox special. Everyday the news has something "exclusive" about her too....yesterday they were at her mom's house, and what was she doing....carrying a plant into the house! Wow....! Her dad is really also trying to make money off of this whole fiasco. It's so disgusting! I really feel bad for the victim's family, who have seemed to just fade off.
    Omg our news has became a joke. Who cares about what she is doing. Stop making her out to be a celebrity because she is not. She nor her family should be making money off the death of a young woman who was supposedly her friend. I'm so glad I do not have cable or basic TV stations because I would be crazy.

I live in West Seattle not far from her mom. (I don't know them though) They are actually taking up a collection so Amanda can go back to school. My daughter had to go to college by grants loans and working her ass off. The LAST thing I will do is give this woman money just because she messed up her own life.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

Yeah, why can't she apply for FAFSA like the rest of us??

Mammy Guest
    Cause it is more profitable to play the victim and have people donate money to you out of pity? Just sayin'...

philbert_wormly Guest

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
    I live in West Seattle not far from her mom. (I don't know them though) They are actually taking up a collection so Amanda can go back to school. My daughter had to go to college by grants loans and working her ass off. The LAST thing I will do is give this woman money just because she messed up her own life.
    But I thought the poor dear was having difficulty remembering her English versus her Italian? What is she going to do, enroll in reverse ESL courses?

Double dog dare you to send off some Monopoly money to the cause. Come on. You know you want to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by philbert_wormly View Post
    But I thought the poor dear was having difficulty remembering her English versus her Italian? What is she going to do, enroll in reverse ESL courses?

Double dog dare you to send off some Monopoly money to the cause. Come on. You know you want to do it.
    HA HA HA Philbert! What a good idea! I am more tempted to send her money from the game of 'LIFE'...
    Wanna see my grandkids?

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    Cause it is more profitable to play the victim and have people donate money to you out of pity? Just sayin'...
    The Seattle Times keeps writing about her book and interview deals she is being offered. In my opinion she is just looking for money until those go through.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

Murphee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    There is no doubt in my mind that she is guilty.

I feel the worst for the victims family. That poor woman has almost literally been forgotten
    I completely agree. Meredith would be alive if that pampered snot Amanda Knox never went to Italy. Her behaviour was abnormal from the get go.
    I believe she and her hump partner had something to do with it, with Little Miss Victim instigating things.

Murphee Guest
    Actually, Evil Sushi brought it up first. I was just agreeing because it made sense. I don't see why some people think she is beautiful either. I don't even think she is remotely cute. She is geeky looking and has the personality of a turnip.
    She is beautiful because her media machine says she is. Weren't you paying attention?

Yeah, she's pretty plain in the looks department.

Hippo Guest
    Here's another thought. Remember that Amanda accused her boss, Patrick? Now, I have not read my books in a while, so maybe the police knew that a black man was at the crime scene.

But since I can't remember, let's assume that the police didn't know that at the beginning. Amanda accused Patrick, and it turned out to actually be Rudy. How would she know that one of the perpetrators was black unless she was there?

And I'm still troubled by Raffaele telling the postal police there was a break-in in Filomena's room, but nothing was missing. How could he possibly know that unless he staged the fake break-in?

just finished A FATAL GIFT OF BEAUTY: THE TRIALS OF AMANDA KNOX by Nina Burleigh - I never paid much attention to this case so reading this book was eye opening. The author believes Knox and her Italian boyfriend are innocent and I am inclined to agree with her. The evidence points to Rudy Guede as the killer - he was convicted and is in jail. However, Knox comes across as unlikeable and weird. She seems to have some psychological issues - her own lawyer said she was delusional. She may have some mania issues as well - promiscuity is a sign of mania - Knox was in Italy for five weeks and managed to have sex with five different guys ( 3 Italians, 1 Arab and 1 Albanian). Her diary entries are strange dealing with rape and violence and she continued to write this after the murder of Meredith Kercher. She showed no empathy after Kercher's death and seemed to think everything was a joke. Her testimony in June 2009 led to her conviction (Knox did an impersonation of a person with her throat cut - making gurling sounds on the witness stand was not a good idea). Also, don't do cart wheels and yoga while waiting to be interrogated for murder.

In the end, I don't like Amanda Knox very much but she is not a killer ( but I can see why some people would think she is )

Hippo Guest
    Well, looks like Amanda has a huge book deal, and she's supposedly getting $4 million.

How could that be possible?

I heard the same thing on the radio yesterday. Amazing. I guess they are expecting to sell lots and lots of books. Holy cow.

Mammy Guest
    Casey Anthony will be green with envy when she hears this!

Yes, I am sure. She seemed to be doing the same strategy, not giving interviews, etc... to drive her price up.

Hippo Guest
    I don't understand how Amanda could get $4 million. That would mean that they're expecting to sell more than $4 million worth of books. Is that reasonable?

Some folks think she's guilty, including me, and I would not buy her book on principle. Also, I think she's a pathological liar, and who wants to read a book written by someone who rarely tells the truth? It's exhausting trying to figure out which things are real and which things are made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hippo View Post
    I don't understand how Amanda could get $4 million. That would mean that they're expecting to sell more than $4 million worth of books. Is that reasonable?

Some folks think she's guilty, including me, and I would not buy her book on principle. Also, I think she's a pathological liar, and who wants to read a book written by someone who rarely tells the truth? It's exhausting trying to figure out which things are real and which things are made up.
    It isn't unheard of
    HarperCollins Publishers had planned to publish it under their Regan Books imprint on November 30, 2006. The National Enquirer made unproven claims in October 2006 that Simpson would be paid US$3.5 million for the book.[47] Regan was quoted by the Associated Press as saying, "This is a historic case, and I consider this his confession."[8]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Mammy Guest
    Who says crime doesn't pay?

DonnaMc Guest
    Who says crime doesn't pay?
    That's for sure. The more horrific the crime - the more they make!

Djen Guest
    I'm wondering how many books they need to sell to make it worth their while to give her $4m? Because, they also need to pay for all the other stuff involved, advertising, editing, paper, etc.

I would read it. But, I'll probably get it from the library, like I did the Ramsey's book about Jonbenet. Don't want to give her any of my money directly...

I have to be honest, I really WANT her to be innocent. It would make a great story (a huge travesty of justice, but a great story!) But, it's all hinky enough that it just won't quite rest right in my gut.