Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Song help

Not it. I swear to God. I ran across that one too in my search. The one I remember at least sounded like Gaelic, it had that sort of timbre to it, or what have you.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

This website is super handy for these situations:

http://www.coversproject.com/
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

The official languages of Ireland are Irish (Gaelige) and English. Ive been searching for Irish versions of this song and found only one inquiry on an Irish language board from 2004 looking for the same song. Its gotta be out there and will be found.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessa View Post
    Not it. I swear to God. I ran across that one too in my search. The one I remember at least sounded like Gaelic, it had that sort of timbre to it, or what have you.
    Damn. Damn. Damn. Thought I had a winner there...I'll keep looking.

I found a bunch of dead links and copyright notices when doing a search for Dreams (Celtic Version). It must exist and is surely out there I guess I'm not savvy enough to enter the right search parameters to get through these things. I thought I was better than that - what a blow to my ego. Ive only spent about an hour looking though so maybe I just need some time and brainstorming on different levels of chemically induced consciousness. Then again we might have another bizarre leftfield solution such as the on that resolved RaRa's conundrum. I still cant get over that one. But if us DeathHags figured that one out this should be easy pickins.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Noor 7ayaty Guest
    Can you please tell us if it's at least (A) a female lead singer (B) a male lead singer (C) a whole band or chorus singing it?

Cheesy Pete's, this thread is DJ Hell.

Also is it live or studio (if easily discernible)? Acoustic or electric? Does it fit into any distinct genre? What year was it when you encountered the recording?

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Also is it live or studio (if easily discernible)? Acoustic or electric? Does it fit into any distinct genre? What year was it when you encountered the recording?
    It's a female, solo. If I remember correctly it was studio, electric. As a cover it is really true to the original. It was 2004 - 2008 when I heard it, probably closer to '04 - '06.

I <3 you Ich, you are a gentleman and a scholar!

- R.H. Sin

Noor 7ayaty Guest
    Nessa my comments about the thread being 'DJ Hell' were not directed at you, but rather some of the requests that went so long and managed to evade so many of us. Since I asked you a question in the same post, I hope you don't think I was aiming any insult at you.

I've already located a business contact who has it, but I'm determined to strangle the net to get you a free promo copy. My friend doesn't charge ridiculous prices or anything, it's just I know that with enough patience I can get it legally for free. The problem is I'm not that familiar with Cranberries, so I'm having to go over a "lot" of versions.

Just to help, two more questions: Did it sound like the singer was definitely singing in a non-Modern English language [as opposed to a think accent], and were there any instruments in the background that would lead you to label it Gaelic, such as a type of flute, a violin, or anything that may have *sounded* like an accordion?

I ran across that Fay Wong thing too. And a few truly disillusioned peeps on Youtube as well. Also found some very cool music, but definitely sounded nothing like "Dreams." Thanks for all the additional hints, they'll help.

No idea. I just love this thread, lol.

Noor, I'm 75% sure it's Dolores O'Riordan, but whoever it is, they have that Irish wail. That's the best I can describe it. There may have been a mandolin, bouzouki, bodhran-type drums. Thanks everybody for looking!

- R.H. Sin

Hmmmmm, what on earth is this?

Let's look closer:

Awww yeah... I totally went there.

And here is the devilishly difficult-to-find song for your listening pleasure.

Quote Originally Posted by snowblindburd View Post

Let's look closer:

That is a truly atrocious song.

Let's look closer:

Nice! Feel like I was just introduced to the son I never met!

Please help a hag out. I don't know the name of this song, I remember that it sounds kind of like a 50's or early 60's song, I think it's a male singer, similar to a young Stevie Wonder, and I think one of the words in it is 'She....'. I know this is not much help. Also, if you listen to Kidd Kraddick in the morning, it is the background music to one of his skits or contests. Anyone? I think it came out last summer...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by michihunt View Post
    Please help a hag out. I don't know the name of this song, I remember that it sounds kind of like a 50's or early 60's song, I think it's a male singer, similar to a young Stevie Wonder, and I think one of the words in it is 'She....'. I know this is not much help. Also, if you listen to Kidd Kraddick in the morning, it is the background music to one of his skits or contests. Anyone? I think it came out last summer...
    Slow, fast, R&B?

Quote Originally Posted by LLC View Post
    Slow, fast, R&B?
    I think R & B. Please excuse my ignorance!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

That show uses Midnight City by M83 a lot.

Pretty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    That is a truly atrocious song.
    And RaRa had to listen to it every damned day. Gah!

Quote Originally Posted by michihunt View Post
    I think R & B. Please excuse my ignorance!
    Lol. Not ignorant.

I'm looking for ya.

Reubsn Guest

What is the music theme that plays in american baseball matc

the music plays in american sports like ice hockey or baseball. its a very popular music that all americans know. first it starts slow and that it goes faster. theres no singers in it its just a piece of music. does any1 know?

Seo Services India
    Last edited by Reubsn; 11-03-2012 at 04:34 AM.

I watched a movie in the early 90's..I can't for the life remember the movie..but Siouxie And The Banshees were a background band in the movie and they played a slow song...Siouxie had the pale face and the spiky hair and bangs. I really liked the song and I have searched for several years and can't find it. They were only in one scene, but I think they played the complete song. I have searched her songs and movie/songs for her and can't find it. It is driving me crazy.

Do you remember what the movie was about?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - Hyacinth Bucket

It was a dark detective type movie. Big help...I know. So long ago. I have searched my arse off. Movies, soundtracks, her group...can't find it.

Hmmm. They did a song for Batman Returns that was pretty slow. Also, a film called Karniggels that wasn't so popular. The songs were "Face to Face" and "Rhapsody" respectively. In the movie Out of Bounds they did "Cities in Dust" which isn't very slow, but a popular song. And in The Laughing Prisoner they did "The Passenger" which is not at all slow and not a very well known song by them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - Hyacinth Bucket

Yes, found those MM. I will keep searching, it has to be out there somewhere I would think. The detective/cop was in a punk bar questioning a suspect and Siouxie was in the background band. Thanks for your help.

I'm not aware of any movies she did with "The Creatures" but you might check that as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - Hyacinth Bucket

The scene in Out of Bounds looks like it is in a punk bar, and they are questioning a bartender.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj2PNWxc4sc

Other than that, I'm stumped. This and the slow song from Batman are the only things she is credited as performing on screen in a movie.

If there is another movie, it doesn't appear to be recorded anywhere.
    Last edited by TheWrath of MadelineKahn; 03-01-2013 at 09:27 PM.

Oops, I missed Out of Bounds in your post MM, thanks to you and MadelineKahn, I do believe that is it! It has been a lot longer than I thought since I watched that movie, I thought the song was slower but I think that is it!!! Thanks a bunch!!!

Any luck with the Gaelic 'Dreams'? I have exhausted the interwebz.

- R.H. Sin

Quote Originally Posted by Nessa View Post
    Any luck with the Gaelic 'Dreams'? I have exhausted the interwebz.
    No luck yet.

That poor song has been mugged, beaten, and left for dead on you-tube.
    Just because you have a camera and a microphone, you are not obligated to post your version on the 'net.

Save that shit for the shower, people.
    Last edited by TheWrath of MadelineKahn; 03-06-2013 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    No luck yet.

That poor song has been mugged, beaten, and left for dead on you-tube.
    Just because you have a camera and a microphone, you are not obligated to post your version on the 'net.

Save that shit for the shower, people.
    LMAO!

- R.H. Sin

ficelery Guest

someone like you

who is the singer of "someone like you"?

Mammy Guest
    My first answer would be The Scorpions, but I think Adele also has a song with that name.

lisalouver Guest
    Its Adele if we are thinking of the same song.

Mammy, I think youre thinking of No one like you by the Scorpions. Excellent song

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post

Mammy, I think youre thinking of No one like you by the Scorpions. Excellent song
    Yeah, I think you're right. I've been up since 1:30 and just got home from work not too long ago. It's past my nap time. Lol

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    Yeah, I think you're right. I've been up since 1:30 and just got home from work not too long ago. It's past my nap time. Lol
    Ugh long day!!!

Wind down and get yourself a little nap

Rod Stewart has a song from the "Every Picture Tells a Story" album called "reason To Believe". One the main repeating lyrics Is someone like you. I am prolly reaching too far back with this but it was the first thing that creaked into my mind.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    Rod Stewart has a song from the "Every Picture Tells a Story" album called "reason To Believe". One the main repeating lyrics Is someone like you. I am prolly reaching too far back with this but it was the first thing that creaked into my mind.
    Love that song.

Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    Love that song.
    . I was showing my age but that was a dang good album.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

ficelery Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    My first answer would be The Scorpions, but I think Adele also has a song with that name.
    Adele?the singer of "rolling in the deep"

ficelery Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post

Thanks for your reply.I will download this song

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ficelery View Post
    Thanks for your reply.I will download this song
    To be honest, I Googled to find what you were looking for and Adele came up as a Google result for the name of the song. I've heard of her, but have no idea what she sings. I dislike modern music and only listen to old stuff.

Welcome to the forum!

Pat Bateman Guest
    Great song. I don't usually like modern music either but Adele is good. My fave Adele song is 'Set Fire To The Rain'. There's a clip on youtube of her singing it live on a UK talk show called The Graham Norton Show and she's just incredible.

45. 10-31-2013, 07:21 PM

...And here is the devilishly difficult-to-find song for your listening pleasure.

I'm just here to say that I think of this thread often and still listen to the song from time to time, haha.