Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Song help

Okay it really sounds like Paul Engemann.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Im thinking maybe its from his band Device.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

The singer sounds like Jon Anderson from Yes. Download the app Soundhound and let it hear the song. I tried with this recording but I dont think the quality was good enough to get a good reading
    Last edited by JefeStone; 02-12-2012 at 04:04 PM.

It kinda has the same rhythm as Jane by Starship and the singers sound somewhat similar,

Oops thats Find Your Way Back by Starship not Jane.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    The singer sounds like Jon Anderson from Yes. Download the app Soundhound and let it hear the song. I tried with this recording but I dont think the quality was good enough to get a good reading
    Soundhound, Shazam, Midomi, none recognized it.

Town Without Pity Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    Soundhound, Shazam, Midomi, none recognized it.
    I'm getting no luck, which I can't believe....I still suggest looking at the stations playlist online....Bazinga...I hate when you can't find a song, drives me insane...I'll be looking forever.

Do you know what songs play before or after it?

RaRaRamona Guest
    I can find out,.

Do you know what station it is on?

Eewwww!
    Came across this while looking for the artist that recorded RaRas mystery song:
    http://www.alleneventcenter.com/events/id/6151

S
    urvivor, Starship featuring Micky Thomas, and John Parr.
    What an event!

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Eewwww!
    Came across this while looking for the artist that recorded RaRas mystery song:
    http://www.alleneventcenter.com/events/id/6151

Survivor, Starship featuring Micky Thomas, and John Parr.
    What an event!
    Ewww is right!

Reminds me of when I went with some friends to the Arizona State Fair and the big musical attraction was Huey Lewis and the News. In 2000.

Will they tell you which Sirius XM Radio station it's on where you work, RaRa? That would be a big help too.

I can't believe we can't find it! I can google anything on the planet but still not find this song? It's messing with my head. A recorded song no where to be found? Freakin' bizarre.

I was thinking maybe it was used on an ep of Miami Vice cuz its so typically 80s movie or tv theme.
    Wowee zowee they played some awesome music on that show. The Damned. PIL, Roxy Music, Shriekback, The Mission U.K., The Smiths, Love and Rockets, Fiels of the Nephilim, Depeche Mode, Underworld, Echo & the Bunnymen, Suicidal Tendencies, The Waterboys, Ministry, Mink deVille, Dead Can Dance, The Cure, Liquid Liquid, Kate Bush, X.

You need to give us more lyrics from the song that dont have the title of a manhattans, eart wind and fire or nirvana song in them. Also find out what station it is on. Also get more audio. You should also spend at least 5 hours a day looking for the song online using different search approaches. Please dont post anymore myster what is this song/book threads until we figure out this song and the horror anthology that scared you as a teen. Ugghhh.

RaRaRamona Guest
    I know!!! I need to start writing everything down hahahaa everyhting in my life.

Well, in the future, if you can't remember something that's happened since 2007, come here and we'll help you find it. Except the True Blood thread. Nobody knows what the hell happened to that thing! I blame you for that too because it's one of your favorite shows.

Ok folks, any hags in JohnnyCashville wanna go sit in RaRa's chair and get done up by a pro while you wait for this song to come on? And if you go, buy something. She ain't workin' for free, baby!

mandee1005 Guest
    I am off all weekend. The thought has crossed my mind. I can't believe we haven't found out anything yet!

If I lived there, I'd absolutely do it, phone and it's dandy voice recorder in hand!

RaRaRamona Guest
    Blllaaaarrrrrrggggggghhhhh

I heard it today & RAN to the bathroom to record. First, on the SLIm chance it'd work THIS TIME I tried Shazam. No match. I tried THREE times to record it. A co worker came in & THREE times started talking to me from the stall. I kept telling her I was trying to record! aaaahhhhhh

aedgar5000 Guest
    Noooooooooooo!!!!

RaRaRamona Guest
    I knooooooowwwww!!!!!!!!

Yeah I spent a good 2 hours trying to figure this out earlier this evening. Tried doing a song title search on Pandora came up with dozens of possibilities no luck. Tried every combo of words mentioned in a google search with and without luxury with various placements of quotation marks and omissions of specific words that derail the search path due to popularity. Followed hopefull leads such as sheet music and video montages that turned out to be deadends. The sadly deficient refrain of Luxury You Can Come As You Are Luxury You Dont Have To Be A Shaaaaaaaeeeeeeyyyeeeennnnnnnnnnnnnning Stahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dont Chaaaayyyange! has become the soundtrack of my subconscious mind manifesting at odd moments with increasing frequency.
    Please listen carefully when this plays in the future and jot down more lyrics. We need more clues.

That was probably fun. The whole being in the bathroom and explaining to someone to be quiet cuz you're trying to record thing.

RaRaRamona Guest
    trying to explain the huge importance of capturing that song just could not happen in the time allotted

Town Without Pity Guest
    Blllaaaarrrrrrggggggghhhhh

I heard it today & RAN to the bathroom to record. First, on the SLIm chance it'd work THIS TIME I tried Shazam. No match. I tried THREE times to record it. A co worker came in & THREE times started talking to me from the stall. I kept telling her I was trying to record! aaaahhhhhh
    lol RaRa....it is driving me crazy now, I've sent it to all my music peeps and everyone is stumped...that hasn't happened before they are all working on it...asking me daily did we figure it out..lol. I still think the best bet is looking on the radio channels web page....Hell, just call them up and saw what the hell is the name of that song and who sings it...lol I'm gonna be so mad if it's someone I know...lol

mandee1005 Guest
    Every day (multiple times actually) I check to see if anyone has found it yet. I'm going to start emailing radio stations.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Okay I've shared the link on Facebook & it's been shared since then, so we're making progress. We WILL find the answer!!

RaRa I bet we find it soon!!!!!

I hope so this is driving me crazy.

RaRaRamona Guest
    I'm catching myself singing it in the shower!

Town Without Pity Guest
    I'm catching myself singing it in the shower!
    LOLOL...now that's really a pity, I can only make out one good line...lol Your singing it in the shower....lol...someone has to come up with it soon....lol

RaRaRamona Guest
    Maybe Ich could ask the preacher man in his av.

mandee1005 Guest
    Maybe Ich could ask the preacher man in his av.
    Thats what that is?

Quote Originally Posted by mandee1005 View Post
    Thats what that is?
    Its Gary Spivey celebrity psychic!

Did the link get removed? Not seeing anything. Could somebody repost it? I took a break from this thread at the worst possible moment!

RaRaRamona Guest
    It plays fine for me. What happens when you try?

When this page first loaded it said link removed for half a second but then the youtube link showed.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Thank goodness!!

It plays fine for me. What happens when you try?
    Got it now! Must have been a problem with my phone. I'm gonna listen right now. Is it weird that I'm really excited??

Okay. I listened to it. I agree with whoever said the voice was reminiscent of Jon Anderson. I was trying to browse Sirius' stations, but it's kind of daunting. What other sorts of songs get played? Is it all kind of in the same style? Actually, can you name another song that gets played on the same loop? We might be able to use that to pinpoint the station, and go from there.

This is really fascinating. I'm just glad I don't have to go to work in the morning. Oh, wait...

Been reviewing top 40 charts from the late 80s and early 90s to find possible matches. Gonna have to do a week by week search and possibly change the parameters to top 100 by each Billboard category for every week. Also been listening to Sirius/XM channels 8 and 9 (80s and 90s). Blech. Learned Rick Springfield has a documentary making the film festival rounds right now. Endured LaBouche, Gabrielle, 38 Special, Teena Marie and other dross. Wishing I had never read your post.

RaRaRamona Guest
    hehehehe

It's like a virus With no cure

mandee1005 Guest
    hehehehe

It's like a virus With no cure
    Safe to say it's not a Luxury? ***Runs out before she gets shot.***

RaRaRamona Guest
    waaaahhhhhh

aedgar5000 Guest
    I have the "Luxury" chorus stuck in my head. Thanks a lot, RaRa.

RaRaRamona Guest
    I sometimes sing it in the shower

I joined a song lyric id forum and posted Rara's video. Someone on there said it might have been used in a mattress commercial in the 80's haha
    Last edited by JefeStone; 03-01-2012 at 03:31 PM.

RaRaRamona Guest
    ooooh tease!

Well i just found a collection of 100 or so 6-10 min videos of 80s commercials on youtube if you want to start there! lol..

Also "luxury" and "commercial" or "mattress" yields a lot of results on Youtube lol. Sigh. This song drives me nuts.

MorbidChrissy Guest
    Sigh. Still haven't figured it out yet, huh? Arrgh!!