Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891017 ... LastLast

Thread: Best and Worst of Horror Movies

hoxharding Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    I admit that I have not read every post; so if this has already been said, my apologies:

Anything shown on MST 3000.

O course; the commentary is what made many of them "watchable".
    Remember 'The Incredibly Mixed-Up Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies'? The director really hated them for what they did to his film.
    I sent away for 2 of his films directly from him- I got them autographed!=)
    I got 'Rat Phink A Boo Boo' and 'Lemon Grove Kids'

Oh, Hox!

Those sound like incredibly strange mixed up movies that would have become incredibly unwatchable movies if not for MST.

I am jealous of your autographs.

Remeber "Manos, Hands of Fate"?

Oh, Hox!

The master would not approve.

The actor that potrayed Torgo, John Reynolds, became addicted to pain killers due to an injury he received from his costume's prosthetics. He committed suicide shortly after the movies release.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Was "Serial Mom" B?

Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    Was "Serial Mom" B?

It's better than "B". It's John Waters. A class by himself.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool Moon View Post
    It's better than "B". It's John Waters. A class by himself.
    Yeah but the Divine set was like C. I loves Serial Mom, whatever the class.

The master would not approve.

The actor that potrayed Torgo, John Reynolds, became addicted to pain killers due to an injury he received from his costume's prosthetics. He committed suicide shortly after the movies release.
    I would have thought most everyone involved with that movie would have committed suicide shortly after the release.

In the MST sketch, "Torgo" was a pizza delivery guy who delivered breadsticks by pulling them out from the front of his pants.

Chevyheaven Guest
    Desperate Living. John waters film. The trashiest nastiest piece of filth I have ever seen. It was awesome!!!

PvN73 Guest
    Yeah but the Divine set was like C. I loves Serial Mom, whatever the class.
    Serial Mom rocks! But A Dirty Shame is just sooo funny. Tracey Ullman is too good in that one, and Selma Blair's rack is HUGE!

hoxharding Guest
    Oh, Hox!

Those sound like incredibly strange mixed up movies that would have become incredibly unwatchable movies if not for MST.

I am jealous of your autographs.

He killed himself? How sad!=(
    A friend of mine wondered if Torgo was supposed to be part goat.
    The film was made by a fertilizer salesman-I think it was the only film he made.

I realized that the Zombie Vs Shark was barely scene-here is a much improved video of it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSPG9QQg4C0&NR=1

One of my favorite parts of 'Manos' is when the little girl walks out of the room. Then the parent's start freaking like her not being in the room is a very strange thing.

* Btw- speaking of MST3K- I am planning on buying an autographed copy of 'Satan's Cheerleaders' from the director- Graydon Clark
    www.Graydonclark.com
    * He made many films,incuding 'Hobglobins'
    Last edited by hoxharding; 03-31-2008 at 04:35 PM.

11. 03-31-2008, 04:51 PM

Norma Desmond Guest
    Andy Warhol's "BAD." Hilarious and disgusting.

ZOMBIE STRIPPERS!!!

eta: I haven't seen this as it is just now being released in select cities.

STARRING ROBERT ENGLUND AND JENNA FUCKING JAMESON!

I am not even lying:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVkQC...38/default.jpg
    Last edited by ad nauseam; 03-31-2008 at 06:46 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by hoxharding View Post
    A friend of mine wondered if Torgo was supposed to be part goat.
    His character is supposed to be a satyr.

BTW: That link should be http://www.greydonclark.com/
    Last edited by Fool Moon; 03-31-2008 at 06:25 PM.

I Spit On Your Grave! That one made me physically ill when I first saw it as a teenager in the mid '80s!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

mel306 Guest
    Did anyone explain it yet? I will PM you if they didn't so as not to give it away.

I dunno. I guess this franchise is getting a little repetitive. The first one was new and fresh but it just seems like variations on a theme now.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

hoxharding Guest
    His character is supposed to be a satyr.

BTW: That link should be http://www.greydonclark.com/
    Thank you=)

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    There's something about these damn movies, I keep watching and I keep buying them...there's actually a pretty fair mythology going on beneath all the blood. I'll probably keep tuning in until the cycle's done and done, which probably will be at least 2 more films...
    I must say though that I do enjoy them!

I actually haven't seen it yet.. but I did try and illegally copy it last week to no avail. Those movies aren't only known for being creepy and gory... they will also go down as the biggest pains in the asses for DVD rippers around the world.

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    I love horror movies. I'm really into the Hostel movies. I tried to watch Saw, the original, and I just could not get into it. It just seemed dumb and convoluted. It's like, the Hostel movies are scary because it could actually happen, but the Saw movies aren't realistic.

hoxharding Guest
    I saw the first 'Saw' and liked it but I couldn't get into the rest of them. I haven't seen the fourth one.
    I gave in and rented 'Hostel 2' today because of the descriptions of the film from this forum. I hated the first one- I found it dull and unoriginal.
    Saw reminds me more and more of the 'Cube' series.
    There is also a film from the 90's(can't recall title) It has a group of people locked into a mansion. They don't know why or who is doing it to them. There are cameras all over the place.
    The mansion is booby-trapped with spikes,needles,saws and other killing objects.

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    I saw the first 'Saw' and liked it but I couldn't get into the rest of them. I haven't seen the fourth one.
    I gave in and rented 'Hostel 2' today because of the descriptions of the film from this forum. I hated the first one- I found it dull and unoriginal.
    Saw reminds me more and more of the 'Cube' series.
    There is also a film from the 90's(can't recall title) It has a group of people locked into a mansion. They don't know why or who is doing it to them. There are cameras all over the place.
    The mansion is booby-trapped with spikes,needles,saws and other killing objects.
    I think I saw that mansion movie. It may have had a young and unknown Catherine Zeta-Jones, or someone who looked like her. They find bones under the fireplace grate or something??? I just did imdb with CZJ, is it The Haunting?

Let me know how you liked Part 2 of Hostel. No sex and drugs in this one, maybe that's what turned you off in the first one. You learn how the Elite Hunting organization works, which I really liked.

Lita Guest
    I love this series of movies and the 4th one was the best! A very easy way to describe the ending without giving a lot of it away is that it's all happening at the same time. The third and fourth movies make it seem like seperate "incidents" but they are happening at the same time.

hoxharding Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaDeathHag View Post
    I think I saw that mansion movie. It may have had a young and unknown Catherine Zeta-Jones, or someone who looked like her. They find bones under the fireplace grate or something??? I just did imdb with CZJ, is it The Haunting?

Let me know how you liked Part 2 of Hostel. No sex and drugs in this one, maybe that's what turned you off in the first one. You learn how the Elite Hunting organization works, which I really liked.
    Nope, the Haunting was a remake of 'The Haunting' which was based on the book by Shirley Jackson.
    I found it-the title is 'Kolobos'(1998)

Lisamarie Guest
    Too may to list!! OMG!!! i LOVED AND ADORED UP ALL NIGHT!!!! I saw the best movies..like Mutan High! That was great! I also loved Mothers boys.....that was messed up anything on MST...Those were all great! Classic!!! Name some more people Im loving this thread!!

hoxharding Guest
    House 2
    Freaked(Keanu Reeves as the Dog Faced Boy)
    Demons
    Pin
    Black Christmas(original)
    Christmas Evil * This is a must-see. A man goes crazy and thinks he is Santa. He
    lists who is naughty and who is nice. This is a favorite of John Waters*
    Death Bed-the Bed that Eats
    Sgt. Kubukiman
    Tromeo and Juliet
    Frankenhooker
    Psychomania

hoxharding Guest
    Ok-this is not supposed to be a 'B' Horror film-but in an odd way it is:
    'Beyond Reality'(aka Death Faces 2-1988)
    You can look it up on IMDB-it is the sequel and there is a third. It just has one review and the person HATED IT.
    It is supposed to be like 'Face of Death' But instead they use scenes from such films as 'Blood Sucking Freaks' and even a cannibal film from the 70's. They try to make it look like the scenes are non-fiction. Yet, the narrator is a smart-aleck and
    cheesy.
    I only saw it once years ago and thought it was funny-perhaps I would find it horrid now. (I don't know)

Here is what Wiki has about the film:
    Death Faces

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
    Death FacesDirected byCountess Victoria Bloodhart and Steve WhiteProduced byMink De Ronda and Damian B. Gravenhorse PhD.Written byS. Sebastian ShockRelease date(s)1988CountryUSALanguageEnglishBudgetnominalFollowed byDying: Last Seconds of Life, Part IIIMDb profileDeath Faces, also released as Death Faces IV, Dying: Last seconds of Life, and (in a re edited version) Beyond Reality, is a mockumentary about cannibalism released directly to video originally in 1988.
    Narrated by "Prof. Bizarro Blackstone", the film is actually footage from various different horror films about cannibalism, such as Bloodsucking Freaks, Snuff, Jungle Holocaust and various others, and newsreel footage of Bonnie and Clyde, John Dillinger, Adolf Hitler. One sequence involves the Kikuyu tribes people of Kenya, (the film incorrectly says that they are from Papua New Guinea) as well as various stock car crashed and the John F. Kennedy assassination.
    The direction is credited to "Countess Victoria Bloodhart" and Steve White, the writing to "S. Sebastian Shock", the direction and production to "Damian B. Gravenhorse PhD.", with one segment credited to producer "Mink De Ronda". It was re edited and re released as Beyond Reality, which is credited to Steve White. There are no other technical credits given to the film.
    With the exception of a few brief scenes, the entire video is in black and white. Footage from this video was later edited into Banned from Facez, parts 3 and 4.

[edit] Series

Followed by:
    Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_Faces"

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post
    Too may to list!! OMG!!! i LOVED AND ADORED UP ALL NIGHT!!!! I saw the best movies..like Mutan High! That was great! I also loved Mothers boys.....that was messed up anything on MST...Those were all great! Classic!!! Name some more people Im loving this thread!!

LOL I forgot all about ol Rhonda. I loved UP All Night!

hoxharding Guest

Gilbert Gottfried read a letter I sent him on the air!=)
    Also-there was Commander USA and his hand 'puppet' Righty who was his left hand.

I forgot:
    '8 Legged Freaks'
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcBNw...eature=related

Scarlett Johanson and David Arquette.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Anything by AIP (American International Pictures)...
    • Poe cycle (8 films, Vincent Price)
    • Empire of the Ants (Joan Collins)
    • Kingdom of the Spiders (William Shatner)
    • Frogs (Ray Milland, Sam Elliott)
    • Food of the Gods (Marjoe Gortner, Ida Lupino)
    • Dr. Phibes & Dr. Phibes Rises Again (Price again)
    • The Incredible Two-Headed Transplant (Bruce Dern)
    • Count Yorga, Vampire & The Return of Count Yorga (Robert Quarry)
    • Witchfinder General aka The Conqueror Worm (Price again)
    • Whoever Slew Auntie Roo? (Shelley Winters)
    • The Thing With Two Heads (Ray Milland & Rosey Grier)
    • The Dunwich Horror (Sandra Dee)
    • Die Monster Die! (Boris Karloff)
    I could go on and on with these, I have them all and watch them a LOT...

Also anything by AMICUS Productions:
    • Tales From the Crypt
    • The Vault of Horror
    • Asylum
    • I, Monster
    • ...and Now the Screaming Starts
    • From Beyond the Grave
    • The Beast Must Die
    • Torture Garden
    • Scream and Scream Again
    • Madhouse
    • The Monster Club
    • The House That Dripped Blood
    ALSO--absolutely ANYTHING directed by Mario Bava.

mr.wanttohaveitall Guest
    Agreed. My group of friends get together once a year and have an Evil Dead marathon. We watch all three back to back. Love it.

If you want a good drinking game with your Evil Dead watching, take a drink every time Ash takes a shot to the head. You won't make it to the end of the movie, no matter which movie you're watching.

Another good drinking game is to watch BLAIR WITCH PROJECT and take a drink everytime one of them says the F word. You'll be bombed by the time they lose the map.

hoxharding Guest
    [quote=Jack-O-Lantern;214430]Anything by AIP (American International Pictures)...
    • Food of the Gods (Marjoe Gortner, Ida Lupino)
    I can't watch this one because of what the director did to the rats. The rats were actually burned,drowned and one has it's brains blown out.
    Tried to watch the second one and the favored rat got big and looked like a really cute giant guinea pig.

Btw-even some respected directors have killed animals in name of art.
    Ingmar Bergman directed 'The Serpent's Egg'(1977)
    David Carradine tried to argue that a horse should not be killed in the name of art. Ingmar had purchased a horse from the slaughter house and didn't feel guilty about killing it.
    The German SPCA refused to let Igmar kill it on camera-but they did let him kill it off-camera.

hoxharding Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ad nauseam View Post
    ZOMBIE STRIPPERS!!!

eta: I haven't seen this as it is just now being released in select cities.

STARRING ROBERT ENGLUND AND JENNA FUCKING JAMESON!

I am not even lying:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVkQC...38/default.jpg
    http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com/...estrippers.php

This has more info about Zombie Strippers-including a link to their Myspace Profile.

Also- If someone has Comcast and subscribes to The Movie Channel-check your On-Demand section of that channel.
    'Flesh for Frankenstein' and 'Blood for Dracula' are both offered as free viewing this month.

OK - I want to thank each and every one of you for answering this thread. This was not my intent when I started this, but hubs has been gone since last Friday to Michigan visiting his Dad. He's not due back until this Sat. On Sunday, the rain moved in and it has rained and stormed every day since then (and will continue according to the forecast). I have gone to the video store right after work everyday and rented a bunch of the movies on this list (most that I didn't know existed). I go home, build a pot of coffee, get some Chips Ahoy, turn all the lights off and watch some of these great horror flicks every night. I have scared the crap out of myself and LOVE EVERY MINUTE OF IT. Thanks so much for all of these titles! Y'all have made my week!
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

hoxharding Guest
    Last edited by hoxharding; 04-03-2008 at 06:55 PM.

Cathy J. Guest
    The Giant Spider Invasion with Alan Hale..yes the Skipper from Gilligan's Island.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Bksvon-hSDM

RaRaRamona Guest
    This one so freaked me out.

hoxharding Guest
    One film that majorly freaked me out was 'Organ' Kei Fujiwara. A 16 year old kid told me he thought it didn't freak him out.
    It doesn't make much sense-but it involves black market organ business- child abuse and a man keeping at least one man without arms and legs alive in a green house thing.
    Anyway-
    I don't know if this is an actual 'B' movie horror film,but it has all the earmarks of one.
    "Koma"
    It involves 2 women- one is married and the other is the mistress of her husband. They actually start out as enemies and become BFFs.
    The wife is dying of a kidney problem and there is someone going about and killing people and taking their kidneys to sell on the black market.
    Plus, if you get the right dvd of the film-you can see a Japanese toothpaste ad!

RaRaRamona Guest
    That reminds me of Boxing Helena.

hoxharding Guest
    That reminds me of Boxing Helena.

The director of 'Boxing Helena' (Jennifer Lynch) has a new film titled 'Surveillance (2008)' and stars Bill Pullman.

RaRaRamona Guest
    The director of 'Boxing Helena' (Jennifer Lynch) has a new film titled 'Surveillance (2008)' and stars Bill Pullman.
    Is it as bad as BH? It was an interesting film but slooooow.

oranjuicejones Guest
    So I rarely like flicks I work on, most of them are pretentious drivel, but I worked on this flick Dance of the Dead last year which just showed at SXSW. Its a cross between a movie about teenagers trying to get laid and Zombies. It's amazing. It will be on this list in a couple of years.

Norma Desmond Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by oranjuicejones View Post
    So I rarely like flicks I work on, most of them are pretentious drivel, but I worked on this flick Dance of the Dead last year which just showed at SXSW. Its a cross between a movie about teenagers trying to get laid and Zombies. It's amazing. It will be on this list in a couple of years.
    Isn't this George Romero's new film? Or am I thinking of another?

Anyone ever seen this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlHxg2UzCag
    is it real? Looks pretty funny.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Anyone ever seen this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlHxg2UzCag
    is it real? Looks pretty funny.
    WTF!!!

hoxharding Guest
    I don't think this is on dvd yet!
    'Grotesque' starring Donna Wikens('Angel') and Linda Blair:
    http://www.videodetective.com/titled...blishedid=2179

bluebear71 Guest
    Have you ever wanted to see a Zombie kill a shark? Well, have you?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aBo5vuDFmo

Here is your chance!
    This is from 'Zombie'(aka Zombie 2' by Lucio Fulci and stars one of Mia Farrow's sisters,Tisa Farrow.
    I used to love that movie. The eye gouge scene is still one of my faves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikWUAd_XG2M

Night of the Lepus, with Janet Leigh. Huge, ravenous, rampaging, bloodthirsty....Bunnies! I kid you not. Oh, and Attack Of The Puppet People. Really campy. Not an attack in the movie anywhere. Actually, no puppet people either. Just small ones.

Danny62 Guest
    I remember the Lugosi shows. Or was that Nighflight? Anyone remember Nightflight? I think Mid 80's?

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lulubaines View Post
    Night of the Lepus, with Janet Leigh. Huge, ravenous, rampaging, bloodthirsty....Bunnies! I kid you not.
    I was just telling some people about that one! LOL Bunnies attacking Barbie parts. SO funny.