Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678916 ... LastLast

Thread: Best and Worst of Horror Movies

Remember the first one with Joan Collins?
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Flowergrrl Guest
    I always liked movies that had several stories going on.

Another one of my favorites is Creepshow.

Suzanne30 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Remember the first one with Joan Collins?
    I do! The story about the business man killed in a car crash brought back from the dead by his wife using a figurine is my favorite.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratgrrl View Post
    I always liked movies that had several stories going on.

Another one of my favorites is Creepshow.
    I look back now & those are just hilarious.

hoxharding Guest
    'Tales of Madness' is another good one.

Flowergrrl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    I look back now & those are just hilarious.
    Haha. It's so cheeeesy..... It's good.

Quote Originally Posted by hoxharding View Post
    'Tales of Madness' is another good one.
    Hox are you talking about "Tales That Witness Madness"?? It has Donald Pleasence in it as a doctor in a Psych ward. Whether you are or not... Thank you!!

I've been looking for that movie for YEARS and couldn't remember the name of it. LOL

hoxharding Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratgrrl View Post
    Haha. It's so cheeeesy..... It's good.

Hox are you talking about "Tales That Witness Madness"?? It has Donald Pleasence in it as a doctor in a Psych ward. Whether you are or not... Thank you!!

I've been looking for that movie for YEARS and couldn't remember the name of it. LOL

Yes-that is the film! Apologies for messing up the title.=)
    I am going to check a few sites to see if I can find a place that sells it. So far, I have only noticed Ebay selling it. Deep Discount dvd sell a poster of the film.

disco Guest
    blackula

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by disco View Post
    blackula
    Yes! Nice. I love that one.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaDeathHag View Post
    The Slumber Party Massacre.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0nia43KQjo

I was just reading about Robin Stille who appeared in this. She had a couple of parts in other B movies but started drinking heavily and became depressed with the Hollywood scene, eventually committing suicide at the age of 34. Quite sad as she had two small children.

seanikhy Guest
    ok is it just me but but i love the 1980 film THE FOG ???????????

hoxharding Guest
    http://www.impossiblefunky.com/homepage/links.cfm

This is a page that gives you plenty of resources to bad or obscure films and places to buy them.
    For instance:
    Shocumentary and Mondo films: www.witchinghourvideo.com
    ***You can also buy a copy of 'Santa Vs. Satan****
    TALES THAT WITNESS MADNESS

I found
    www.revengeismydestiny.com/horror.html
    and
    www.videoscreams.com
    They both sell the film-I have never purchased from any of the sites above,so I don't know how they are. But revengeofmydestiny.com looks like it has been around
    for a long time. Plus, they seem to love what they do and it doesn't seem to exist to make a quick buck.
    That said, always check out sites you have never heard of and or never purchased from.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor View Post
    I was just reading about Robin Stille who appeared in this. She had a couple of parts in other B movies but started drinking heavily and became depressed with the Hollywood scene, eventually committing suicide at the age of 34. Quite sad as she had two small children.
    Came across this site while looking her up. Neato.
    http://racksandrazors.com/celluloid.html
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

hoxharding Guest
    Here is another one! I actually found a used VHS of this a few years ago and bought it:
    'Psychos in Love' Directed by Gorman Bechard
    http://www.psychosinlove.com/
    Yes, it has a webpage!
    2 Serial Killers meet and discover they have many things in common,like they both hate grapes. Oh, and they are serial killers.
    It was even made into a musical(really)

*I even have a 'Psychos in Love' T-Shirt*

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by seanikhy View Post
    I love that movie. Just bought it.

seanikhy Guest

the fog

ive watched it 3-4 times and theres just something about it.

love it

I just love those old Hammer movies. And the Roger Cormanmovies.
    Some people just need a high five.... in the face.... with a chair...

BigBootyJudy Guest

I love that movie too!! Adrienne Barbeau was awesome. I always watch it when it comes on TV.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by disco View Post
    blackula
    ...and don't forget the sequel, "Scream, Blackula, Scream." Also bad/great.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
    ...and don't forget the sequel, "Scream, Blackula, Scream." Also bad/great.
    Those movies make me feel schizophrenic b/c I am horrified with a big smile on my face.

RaRaRamona Guest
    I can't believe I forgot The Pirate Movie!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llI2dtLL9Kk

RaRaRamona Guest

RaRaRamona Guest
    I have to give honorable mention the The Stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE6Z1nBqLwo

hoxharding Guest
    I have to give honorable mention the The Stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE6Z1nBqLwo
    I got 'The Stuff' from Netflix just last month! I hadn't seen it in ages.
    There is a scene where a kid is pretending to eat the stuff but instead is eating shaving cream.
    I thought 'wouldn't that make him sick?'

He escapes and in the next scene pukes in the back of someone's car because of the shaving cream. Hey, at least it was following up!

pryncssdeb Guest
    I love horror flicks. All of them, I'm not picky. But the best B horror flick?

Killer Klowns From Outer Space

I laugh SO HARD every time I see this! Wish I could find it remastered on Blu Ray, make me a happy girl!

deb

hoxharding Guest
    'Society' about a kid in Beverly Hills that starts to realize there is something very wrong with his friends and family. (Billy Warlock starred in it)
    'Flesh Eating Mothers'
    'C.H.U.D'
    'The Howling'
    'Piranha'
    'The Sentinel'

"Piranha" definately

Another thread reminded me of "I Spit on your Grave". That was gory - if I exclude the animal scenes, that would be one of my faves.

What about - oh, crap - what's the name of that one? It has Gene Simmons and Skippy from Family Ties in it. The soundtrack was really amazing. Anyway - that was a good one - Skip spins the records backwards and this dead rock star comes alive.

I'll remember the name about 3 in the morning...Man, this pisses me off.
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

Quote Originally Posted by SheBoss View Post
    What about - oh, crap - what's the name of that one? It has Gene Simmons and Skippy from Family Ties in it. The soundtrack was really amazing. Anyway - that was a good one - Skip spins the records backwards and this dead rock star comes alive.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092112/

Trick or Treat

hoxharding Guest
    1) 'Re-Animator'
    2) Living Doll- Boy meets Girl, Boy falls in love with Girl and then girl dies and boy takes girl home to live. (Eartha Kitt plays the landlord)
    3) Pumpkinhead
    4)SSSSSSSSS

*Can you tell I love horror films?*

Quote Originally Posted by Fool Moon View Post
    YES!!!! Thank you so much! I was still sitting here trying to figure out the name of that bloody movie. I knew it had something to do with Halloween.
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

RaRaRamona Guest
    I love Piranha! And Piranha 2!

How about The Midnight Hour? I loved that one.Was that actually a tv movie? Who cares, it was great. It starred Jonna Lee who played the Shauna Grant inspired character in Shattered Innocence. I tried to find tutti fruity lipstick after I saw it but I never did get any.

ScottyMonger Guest
    Yeah, John Carpenter has made some "B" movies that are pretty wild and weird. Check out "They live" starring the wrestler "Rowdy" Roddy Piper. I also thought "Vampires" qualified as a "B" movie, and was decent by that standard.

My favorite "B" Horror movie is "Bubba Hotep", which is just as much comedy as horror.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottyMonger View Post

My favorite "B" Horror movie is "Bubba Hotep", which is just as much comedy as horror.
    I love that one too. It's hilarious.

ScottyMonger Guest
    I love that one too. It's hilarious.
    Iv'e got my fingers crossed the "Bubba Nosferatu" will eventually get made.

a clever sheep Guest
    "Monolith Monsters". Giant menacing crystals march on a small town, wrecking stuff and turning people to stone. An uncredited William Schallert quite good as a fuddled weatherman. Good script, really watchable, but forgotten.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottyMonger View Post
    Iv'e got my fingers crossed the "Bubba Nosferatu" will eventually get made.
    Oooh my dream come true! If his new one ever comes out maybe they work on that next.

hoxharding Guest
    I love Piranha! And Piranha 2!

How about The Midnight Hour? I loved that one.Was that actually a tv movie? Who cares, it was great. It starred Jonna Lee who played the Shauna Grant inspired character in Shattered Innocence. I tried to find tutti fruity lipstick after I saw it but I never did get any.
    Do you mean The Midnight Hour with Lavar Burton(I think he was in it)
    My father hunted down a VHS tape of that tv-movie-it was a favorite of his.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Do you mean The Midnight Hour with Lavar Burton(I think he was in it)
    My father hunted down a VHS tape of that tv-movie-it was a favorite of his.
    Oh yeah

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7K0cc_uGgVM&feature=related

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kOb4MqylWLc&feature=related

LOL I love it so.

39. 03-27-2008, 05:55 PM

Flowergrrl Guest
    Yes-that is the film! Apologies for messing up the title.=)
    I am going to check a few sites to see if I can find a place that sells it. So far, I have only noticed Ebay selling it. Deep Discount dvd sell a poster of the film.
    That's cool you said something, I'd been trying to rack my brain to think of it. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Fool Moon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SheBoss View Post
    YES!!!! Thank you so much! I was still sitting here trying to figure out the name of that bloody movie. I knew it had something to do with Halloween.
    Haha... I love that movie!! I just don't consider it a B-movie... I put it on my favorite 80s list.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96j4v...7959E8&index=2

hoxharding Guest
    Have you ever wanted to see a Zombie kill a shark? Well, have you?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aBo5vuDFmo

Here is your chance!
    This is from 'Zombie'(aka Zombie 2' by Lucio Fulci and stars one of Mia Farrow's sisters,Tisa Farrow.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Someone mentioned Slither - it was pretty funny but I wouldn't watch it again. Once was okay though.

The Curse of the Black Widow

I havent seen it in years but I believe Patty Duke played a role of a woman who was also a ...black widow spider !!

The TV Guide ad alone for this was scary !!!

Bidmor Guest
    Airplane! was a B film but we all know how that turned out, and is one of my fav B's.

Another is the original Invasion Of The Body Snatchers, with Kevin McCarthy. Actually I love all those 50's sci-fi B's...Them, Earth Versus The Flying Saucers, The Thing et al.

Bidmor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBootyJudy View Post
    I love that movie too!! Adrienne Barbeau was awesome. I always watch it when it comes on TV.
    Ditto. Adrienne was hot! I've tried to see everything she did. I discovered her when she was on Maude.

Didn't Adrienne do another B horror/creature flick...The Swamp Thing or something like that?

I need a cold shower.

bluebear71 Guest
    Zombie Honeymoon---I'm shocked it didn't get more praise.

Bidmor Guest
    I guess this one would be classified as a B...if nothing else it was done by B-move king Roger Corman..."The St. Valentine's Day Massacre". Jason Robards played Capone...Robards has no physical resemblence to Capone.

The Easter Egg in that film is Jack Nicholson. He is uncredited and has one line, playing one of the Feb. 14 hit guys. The story is that young Nicholson was learning the biz from Corman, working for free, and as partial compensation, Corman gave Jack a few seconds screen time with one line.

hoxharding Guest
    1) Slugs- bad film(very bad) but has a couple of stand out scenes
    2) To Die For: Vlad moves to L.A. and falls in love with the woman who sold him his new place. It is very 80's and fun to watch.
    3) 2000 Maniacs(the original) was filmed in a town that is now Kissamee(spelling) Florida.
    4) The Funhouse: Teens-mutants and a carnival-what more can one ask for?
    5)Basket Case 1+2: Dwayne and his Siamese brother Belial. Belial lives in a basket that Dwayne carries about.
    6) Brain Damage: A horror/monster/anti-drug film that feature Elmer-the brain parasite. His voice is done by tv show movie monster host Zachary.

cracksumskullz Guest

Saw 4

so if your a horror movie freak like i am..you probally seen the Saw movies....

well i recently watched Saw 4 and the ending to me was a little confusing. if you seen it you know what i mean...in the beginning he is in the morgue and at the end his body is in the room? someone explain this to me because i dont get it.

sorry to anyone that hasnt if i just kinda ruined the ending but not really.

Shock Waves (1977) with Brook Adams, John Carradine and Peter Cushing. A movie about a Nazi zombies. Completely weird!
    Some people just need a high five.... in the face.... with a chair...

I admit that I have not read every post; so if this has already been said, my apologies:

Anything shown on MST 3000.

O course; the commentary is what made many of them "watchable".