Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Best and Worst of Horror Movies

Guest Guest
    as a ZOMBIE FREAK! I have to say the sad sad sad "Return of the Living Dead" Of course it wasn't Romero's movie and it was so campy and out there...the "punks" in the graveyard...the naked chick telling everyone to "eat her" it was just so NOT of the genre' and was a waste of my money when it came out because it was promoted like a George A. Romero film...so far from it...and yes I agree that the Halloween H2O made no damn sense at all! But another suck ass sequel was Poison Ivy...and Amityville's 2 and 3...the remake of THE FOG...stuuuuuupid! and I'm sorry to say this...but the tv remake of THE SHINING sucked ass!

As already mentioned: Halloween 3 and the Exorcist 2. Complete waste of time. And also: Friday the 13th part 10: Jason in space! What were they thinking?

A couple of weeks ago I borrowed an illegal dvd of Hellraiser part 682 or something. But since the thing was illegal, the subtitles were made by some wel meaning amateur. Everytime an actor screamed, you saw "Aaaaaaaaahhhhh!" appearing on the screen.

28 weeks later was pretty bad.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Linnythepooh View Post
    As already mentioned: Halloween 3 and the Exorcist 2. Complete waste of time. And also: Friday the 13th part 10: Jason in space! What were they thinking?

A couple of weeks ago I borrowed an illegal dvd of Hellraiser part 682 or something. But since the thing was illegal, the subtitles were made by some wel meaning amateur. Everytime an actor screamed, you saw "Aaaaaaaaahhhhh!" appearing on the screen.
    lol

a_team_rerun Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    The Fog remake and The Amityville remake need to be in here, but I think Exorcist 2 takes the title.
    call me crazy I actually quite enjoyed the Amityville remake. For me though it has to be Poltergeist 4, it's unbelievably bad

a_team_rerun Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dearheart View Post
    as a ZOMBIE FREAK! I have to say the sad sad sad "Return of the Living Dead" Of course it wasn't Romero's movie and it was so campy and out there...the "punks" in the graveyard...the naked chick telling everyone to "eat her" it was just so NOT of the genre' and was a waste of my money when it came out because it was promoted like a George A. Romero film...so far from it...and yes I agree that the Halloween H2O made no damn sense at all! But another suck ass sequel was Poison Ivy...and Amityville's 2 and 3...the remake of THE FOG...stuuuuuupid! and I'm sorry to say this...but the tv remake of THE SHINING sucked ass!
    oh no!!! Return of the Living Dead was great!!! and the poltergeist movie i was referring to above is actually a straight to video release of the tv show called poltergeist:legacy, they even dragged zelda rubinstein into it... jeesh

Morbid1 Guest
    Children of the Corn III

-Morbid1

Casanndra Guest
    What about the 3-d Nightmare on elm street. Freddy's dead or something. Or the last Nightmare on elm street, the one where the actors were being terrorized. that was bad

mike Guest
    I think when they did Exorcist 2 they were hurting for money.You sometime can't improve on a Classic.The same goes for remakes.

10. 11-07-2007, 10:53 AM

"W in 04"

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    Sleepaway Camp 2 was stupid, but the series redeemed itself with Sleepaway Camp 3.

qulevergrrl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadRinger View Post
    I know it's not really a "horror" movie as such, but has anyone seen the sequel to The Rocky Horror Picture Show, called Shock Treatment?

Nope, I didn't think so.
    I didn't think Shock Treatment was all that bad.

Wes Craven did Nightmare 3 because 2 sucked so bad. That was the last decent one.

bluebear71 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by secretsquirrel13 View Post
    Freddy Vs. Jason......I think they just went for comedy by then...it was not even a horror movie...my deaf dog could write a scarier script than that!
    Don't forget about Jason Takes Manhattan (so did the Muppets, and that may have been scarier)

hoxharding Guest
    Return of the Living Dead is classic! I adore that film! Now,Return of the Living Dead Rave to the Grave---SUCKS!
    Another one-the original sequel 'The Hills Have Eyes 2' Wes Craven admitted he did that for money.
    It was dull,dull and dull.Padded with scenes from the first film.
    They showed the scenes as 'memories'
    When the family dog started having 'flashbacks', that was when it got silly. mazing though, the dog could see his whole body at different camera angles.

erin Guest
    candyman 2. the poltergeist sequels did nothing for me. neither did friday the thirteenth sequels. oh, and pumpkin head. also, i can name a whole slew of "B" movies that were bad to begin with, then they went and made even worse sequels.

"the mummy" how can u beat that haunting movie with boris karloff, zita johann, and david manners? it still is scary to me, and the 'flash back' to the egyptian days was brilliant. as a child it sparked my interest in ancient egypt.
    pull the string!

Quote Originally Posted by SarahThirteen View Post
    I like Salvation I thought it was good... didnt care for City Of Angels and never saw the 4th one with Eddie Furlong.... I do however think that it was wrong of them to make sequels to that movie they should have just let it be Bradon's movie.

Saw it. It was bad. Even if it had the delicious David Boreanaz in it...

I have a nice obscure one for you guys- Troll 2. I don't know if you could really call Troll a horror movie- but the sequel is so bad its funny- kind of campy in some ways.
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

hoxharding Guest
    Troll 2-eek!
    There was also the film series 'Critters' and 'Ghoulies' and 'Munchies'

onehunglow Guest
    Taboo III

stinkythejokedog Guest
    Jaws 3D

erin Guest
    texas chainsaw masacre 2, with matthew mccaunehey, yeah, it's spelled wrong, and rennee zellwegger. now that was BAD.

daisymom73 Guest

Angry You took it too far, Mr. Tarantino!!

**disclaimer: Possible Hostel 2 spoiler** (but I hope you don't want to watch it anyway!!)

okay. I love scary movies. Horror movies. Gore doesn't bother me. I thought Hostel (1), although INCREDIBLY gruesome, had a fantastically interesting plot. I really liked it.
    So last night, hubby and I rented Hostel 2. Actually, he BOUGHT it, because it was out when he went to rent it, and he is a man of immediate gratification, and has NO patience. This is how we've aquired most of our DVD collection...but I digress...
    We were all set up on the couch last night, about 1/2 way into the flick. It was going okay, not as good as the first, but keeping my attention. And then, there was a BIG no no. a BIG one. There was a scene with about 15 adorable little boys. Yes, they were a punk gang of kids(they were in the first Hostel, the ones who wanted candy?) but they were still undeniably adorable little urchins. And guess what happened.
    THEY KILLED ONE OF THEM!! SHOT HIM IN THE HEAD!! MADE THE OTHER KIDS CHOOSE WHICH ONE WOULD DIE!!

oh H to the ELL no!!!!!!!

This is absolutely unacceptable. I don't care how gory. How gruesome. Leave the tots alone!!!
    I jumped up off the couch, exclaiming to hubby that I was done. I would not watch another second, I was going to bed. He was suprised and a little irritated at me at first, saying it was just a movie. But then he saw the fire in my eyes, and realized my complete distess. He said he understood, and I retreated back to bed while he watched the rest alone.

Has anyone else seen the movie, and what are your thoughts??

Kathyf Guest
    It is a horror movie. They do like the element of surprise. Sorry to say this is what people like.

daisymom73 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathyf View Post
    It is a horror movie. They do like the element of surprise. Sorry to say this is what people like.
    And I like a good surprise as well. But I guess I just think some things are off limits. I've just never seen this done before.

magblax Guest
    I actually liked the movie. I never saw the first Hostle...but those kids were sort of animalistic...remember the "soccer game" at the end? So the death of one didn't bother me.

Kathyf Guest
    I know what you mean but they want a box office draw and as soon as the word is out that something new happened everyone runs to see it.

l've always hated tarantino

daisymom73 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by magblax View Post
    I actually liked the movie. I never saw the first Hostle...but those kids were sort of animalistic...remember the "soccer game" at the end? So the death of one didn't bother me.
    No, I didn't get to see the "soccer game" at the end, I was already in bed pouting......

And, yes, Kathy, you're right, too, and thanks for your responses!

magblax Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by daisymom73 View Post
    No, I didn't get to see the "soccer game" at the end, I was already in bed pouting......

You should see the end. You would probably feel a little better about the scene that bothers you.

Kathyf Guest

Smile

It just seems like anything goes these days no matter what.

daisymom73 Guest
    My husband did tell me that someone gets their SCHLONG cut off.......funny, that probably wouldn't have bothered me at all......LMAO!!

magblax Guest
    My husband did tell me that someone gets their SCHLONG cut off.......funny, that probably wouldn't have bothered me at all......LMAO!!

I am a huge Tarantino fan! The street urchins remind me of sort of a Lord of the Flies vibe...which was mandatory reading in the 70s (much of his inspiration comes from that era). The schlong scene was pretty brutal.

MorbidMolly Guest
    Haven`t seen the second yet, and the first one did disturb me....but I couldn`t stop watching it....the second is on my list

daisymom73 Guest

Question

I would like to maybe watch the part with commentary, to see if maybe they say anything about it. Do you know, Magblax?

magblax Guest
    I would like to maybe watch the part with commentary, to see if maybe they say anything about it. Do you know, Magblax?

I didn't watch the commentary. I am going to go get the first one though... now I can't believe I never saw it.

daisymom73 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by magblax View Post
    I didn't watch the commentary. I am going to go get the first one though... now I can't believe I never saw it.

Oh, yeah, the first one is actually really good! Enjoy!

i didn't even know there was a second. the first one was enough for me. after your post daisy, i probably wont see the second.
    "I'm not great at the advice, can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?"

Has anyone else seen the movie, and what are your thoughts??
    I thought the kids choosing and killing was a bit unsettling for me but then I remembered I am watching a movie and the kids were probably having the time of their lives while filming that scene (who knows). The biggest disappointment for me watching this movie was the 2 hours I could have been doing something else. I thought the first one was much better in comparison and Hostel 2 was a rush job just to get the $$$.

I wouldn't hold this movie against Quentin for he only put money into it, he didn't have anything to do with the writing.

SanDiegodeathhag19 Guest
    city of god is similar, instead they made a little boy shoot another in the foot, and made him walk home, not exactly identical, but almost.

daisymom73 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jason8478 View Post
    I thought the kids choosing and killing was a bit unsettling for me but then I remembered I am watching a movie and the kids were probably having the time of their lives while filming that scene (who knows). The biggest disappointment for me watching this movie was the 2 hours I could have been doing something else. I thought the first one was much better in comparison and Hostel 2 was a rush job just to get the $$$.

I wouldn't hold this movie against Quentin for he only put money into it, he didn't have anything to do with the writing.
    *sigh* alright, FINE. The kids probably raided the craft services table right after the shoot, and I guess Quentin didn't REALLY have much to do with the plot. Gosh, Jason, you ruin all my fun!!!!

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    It's a horror movie, it's supposed to unsettle you. LOVES Hostel Part 2. Don't forget, the Bubblegum Gang beat two of the Factory's people to death in the first one, it's a total war between the Factory People and the Bubblegum Gang.

Anyway, it's just a movie.

*sigh* alright, FINE. The kids probably raided the craft services table right after the shoot, and I guess Quentin didn't REALLY have much to do with the plot. Gosh, Jason, you ruin all my fun!!!!
    LOL... well excuse me for ruining people's fun!! figure I'm stuck in an office all day why should anybody else have any fun?

Honestly I can totally see how you found the kid scene to be off color... I did feel weird watching it (above all the other stuff in this film) but it just added to the unnecessary SHOCK value this film was loaded up with. The first one seemed to have a more story driven plot where as the second was just an excuse to trap some girls and torture them.

again, I will not judge Quentin on this... I think he just loved the idea of it and helped see it made.

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    I found the Heather Matarazzo scene much more disturbing because there was a strangly erotic tone to that scene. To me, that scene made or broke the movie and in this case, made the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Christie Prody View Post
    I found the Heather Matarazzo scene much more disturbing because there was a strangly erotic tone to that scene. To me, that scene made or broke the movie and in this case, made the movie.
    eh, I thought it was Skinimax material that any second rate writer/director could have created and didn't make the film any better in my opinion. Sorry I'm a joy killer today... don't mind me

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jason8478 View Post
    eh, I thought it was Skinimax material that any second rate writer/director could have created and didn't make the film any better in my opinion. Sorry I'm a joy killer today... don't mind me
    I thought it was a brilliant scene, though I will have to admit, I would have rather seen Bijou Phillips or Lauren German all nude.

Quote Originally Posted by Christie Prody View Post
    I thought it was a brilliant scene, though I will have to admit, I would have rather seen Bijou Phillips or Lauren German all nude.
    excellent point... although that wouldn't have changed my opinion of the movie, it would have changed my genital situation.

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    They cheesed us on Bijou Phillips death scene. I thought maybe I just missed it in the theatre, but the scene cuts in the DVD, also. What a waste!
    I did a Hostel-fest this weekend with both this and the original. The director's cut original ending in the original is really good, but "too disturbing" to theatrical release meaning the public hated it, but it was far more disturbing. I don't want to spoil it for you if you haven't seen it.

hoxharding Guest
    Eli Roth directed the film-Tarantino shouldn't be blamed.
    Personally, I am not that taken with Eli's films and not because of the gore. I find he is not that original and is overrated.
    Plus, deaths of children and animals are easy emotional shocks in films and are used when for an easy emotional impact.
    I suspect he probably had seen 'Who Can Kill a Child'-different story but he tends to add in stuff he has seen in other films(like Tarantino)

Death Hag Chris Guest
    SPOILER!!!!!! DON'T READ PAST HERE IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THIS MOVIE YET!!!!!!!!!!

you can't handle that kid getting shot in the head....but the guy getting his junk cut off is okay? JEEZ!!!! talk about graphic and SICK!!!

Well I can understand that Chris.. kids are innocent, grown men are not.