Thread: Bruce Dern

onehunglow Guest

Bruce Dern

Anyone ever met him? I heard he hated being typed cast as mean. I loved him in "The Wild Angles" the Loser. Put him in a cofin and had a party. Now that's a send off.

Ron Burgundy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by onehunglow View Post
    Anyone ever met him? I heard he hated being typed cast as mean. I loved him in "The Wild Angles" the Loser. Put him in a cofin and had a party. Now that's a send off.
    Well...once he played that thoroughly despicable asshat in "The Cowboys", I think his legacy of playing humps was pretty much secured.

You can't kill 'The Duke', then hope to be invited over to meet the parents.

I read that right before they shot John Waynes death scene in the Cowboys Wayne told Dern, "Your gonna be the most hated man in America when this movie comes out".

Morbid1 Guest
    Bruce Dern also did a great movie called "The Driver" with
    Ryan O'Neal.The cowboys is a great John wayne movie!

-Morbid1

tensecondstolove Guest
    I loved him in The Burbs. He was also really good in Monster.

ComputerGuy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by soundqcar View Post
    Well...once he played that thoroughly despicable asshat in "The Cowboys", I think his legacy of playing humps was pretty much secured.

You can't kill 'The Duke', then hope to be invited over to meet the parents.

I love that word asshat. Another phase I coined is

Personality Masterbator: Someone who talks about themself so much that they reach a level of self orgasm

Ron Burgundy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerGuy View Post
    Personality Masterbator: Someone who talks about themself so much that they reach a level of self orgasm
    It used to be called, Blowing Your Own Horn. I guess people aren't as flexible these days.

NOVSTORM Guest
    I will never forget after he and Ann Margret made a movie and I cannot remember the name of it,he was on a talk show and he stated that he and Ann Margre5t actually had had real sex in the movie. It wasn't pretend sex. Ann made him tell the truth about it and I have never liked him since.

I liked him in Silent Running. The message of that movie is still viable today.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

leevancleef Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NOVSTORM View Post
    I will never forget after he and Ann Margret made a movie and I cannot remember the name of it,he was on a talk show and he stated that he and Ann Margre5t actually had had real sex in the movie. It wasn't pretend sex. Ann made him tell the truth about it and I have never liked him since.
    He also claims that his love scenes with Maude Adams in TATTOO were real.
    if thats not true, what a jerk.
    i really like him as an actor tho. THE WILD ANGELS, HUSH HUSH SWEET CHARLOTTE... great movies.

Jack Raines Guest
    I only know him from The 'burbs, which is one of my all time favorite movies.

Katie Guest
    I was not impressed with him growing up, but I do know him as Laura's father.

Curtis Radiohead Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by onehunglow View Post
    He was great in "The 'Burbs". Very funny!

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by leevancleef View Post
    He also claims that his love scenes with Maude Adams in TATTOO were real.
    if thats not true, what a jerk.
    i really like him as an actor tho. THE WILD ANGELS, HUSH HUSH SWEET CHARLOTTE... great movies.
    Maud was NOT amused, I believe she initiated a lawsuit over that...long time ago, so not sure how it all turned out, but it definitely made news.