Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 41112131415 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Commercials

5 Hour Energy Ad

the one with the cadaverous looking cowboy in the brown duster.

if he was to drink up the stuff and come back to life would have been a better spot.
    Knowlege Comes With Deaths release

Heaven's on the pillow,it's Silence competes with Hell

"If you don't go to other peoples' funerals,they won't come to yours."-Yogi Berra

5 Hour Energy is useless garbage.

Bidmor Guest
    Gee, I have a novel thought....get 8 hours sleep!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmor View Post
    Gee, I have a novel thought....get 8 hours sleep!!!
    Brilliant!

Where can I purchase this "8 Hours Sleep" product?
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Where can I purchase this "8 Hours Sleep" product?
    If you find it, let me know also please.

Bidmor Guest
    Now y'all are joshin' me.

There is a commercial that is probably not national since it's for Health Partners, a local HMO, but it cracks me up. It has Andrew Zimmern doing a talk show type thing and he welcomes his guest "tomato". It's a tomato sitting on the chair next to him. AZ says "first of all, I loved you in spaghetti", it cracks me up. Then he's like "but I have to ask.... fruit...... or vegetable?? It shows the tomato with little sweat beads and then a lawyer type guy in the next chair says "you don't have to answer that", then it's the announcer saying something about Health Partners, helping you get in your daily servings of fruits, vegetables, and whatever tomatoes are. It just cracks me up.

Forever-27 Guest
    When the cabel company raises its rates you feel helpless
    When you feel helpless you take karate
    When you take karate you turn onto the fist of goodness
    When your the fist of goodness you run along rooftops
    When you run along rooftops you fall into a dinner party

Don't fall into a dinner party.

Upgrade from cabel to direct

I love this one...It hasn't been on in years, but it still always brings a smile to my face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFweGNyF_a8

Quote Originally Posted by Forever-27 View Post
    When the cabel company raises its rates you feel helpless
    When you feel helpless you take karate
    When you take karate you turn onto the fist of goodness
    When your the fist of goodness you run along rooftops
    When you run along rooftops you fall into a dinner party

Don't fall into a dinner party.

Upgrade from cabel to direct
    Yes! I love those too, Forever! I'll actually stop what I'm doing to watch those!

Another series I loved is the Budweiser "Real Men of Genius" radio spots. Do you think it's the same voiceover guy? I'm pretty sure the singer is the "Eye of theTiger" singer.

http://thefuntimesguide.com/2005/04/throwfirstpitch.php
    Archer Fact: You canā??t tourniquet the taint. (Source: Ray Gillette)

Forever-27 Guest
    I'm the sun and You always say " oh I love the sun " and " sunny days are best days " . Today your driving along highway 280 in San Francisco its a clear fogless morning , you drive around a curve in the highway and I hit you right in the face. Before you have time to pull down the visor you smack the car in front of you at 50 miles per hour. If you've got cutrate insurance ... that's not real bright. Get allstate and protect yourself from Mayham ... like me.

This is a radio ad running here

Hoagie78 Guest
    Here is one that cracks me up every time.

ryanolivia Guest
    This is my favorite commercial ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGb8pMIeY6w

McDonalds commercials from the late 60's. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwJH2fZhYSk

YuukaK Guest
    I like the newer Target commercials where the teachers sing what the kids are gonna need to "We got the Beat," She Blinded me With Science," and "Word up."

mandee1005 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanolivia View Post

OMG loved it!

rjbrasher Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanolivia View Post

haha love this!!! i never seen it before but that is funny!

I'm sure this one has been posted, but it's hilarious!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ed9J5oGOnuk

Hoagie78 Guest
    A little gem from 1978.

Hoagie78 Guest
    I had share another from 1977. That Thunderbird commercial is a hoot.

My current favorite:

He walks in on his parent's doing it...and the pasta makes it alllllll better! I just died laughing at it while ago when I first saw it. Best commercial in years.
    You robbed an international house of pancakes. How waffle-Harry T. Stone

Twitter: @rchamberlain87 Follow me if you want. Just play nice.

Only the good die young....

My classic favorite:

It never gets old. It's just so wrong. Especially for a 70s ad.

You your friends...and your Johnson.
    You robbed an international house of pancakes. How waffle-Harry T. Stone

Twitter: @rchamberlain87 Follow me if you want. Just play nice.

Only the good die young....

We were talking about commercials at work today., well actually the lack of soda ads on TV anyway. "I'm A Pepper !!", "It's The Real Thing..Coca-Cola", "7-Up..never had it..never will", "Me and MY RC" and of course The Pepsi generation. Do they still show soda ads on TV anymore? Its been a few years since I had seen one. Now I have heard RADIO ads for Pepsi Next but that's about it. With such drinks being blamed for everything now-a-days from heart disease, making people deaf, heart attacks, making people fat, cancer, diabetes..you name it...are such ads on television a thing of the past? My co-worker was telling me that some stations will no longer air them..first I had heard that one.

Hoagie78 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by choff View Post
    We were talking about commercials at work today., well actually the lack of soda ads on TV anyway. "I'm A Pepper !!", "It's The Real Thing..Coca-Cola", "7-Up..never had it..never will", "Me and MY RC" and of course The Pepsi generation. Do they still show soda ads on TV anymore? Its been a few years since I had seen one. Now I have heard RADIO ads for Pepsi Next but that's about it. With such drinks being blamed for everything now-a-days from heart disease, making people deaf, heart attacks, making people fat, cancer, diabetes..you name it...are such ads on television a thing of the past? My co-worker was telling me that some stations will no longer air them..first I had heard that one.
    I don't see many soda commercials or food commercials on TV much anymore. If they do show food,which is rare, it's always stuff like yogurt, granola etc......health foods. I think there is some sort of unwritten ban on unhealthy(aka...the good stuff) being promoted. You also don't see many soap, shampoo,or detergent commercials anymore either.

Today's commercials conisist of Car insurance, diet & excercise, car insurance, health insurance, drug recalls, car insurance, cell phone ads, car insurance.......and car insurance.

Hoagie78 Guest
    A 1960's Cougar ? I looked up this woman to see what happened to her. What I could find out she lived in Brentwood, California and was an avid gardener featured in several articles and died in 2007 at age 78. 40 years after the commercial aired.

Last edited by Hoagie78; 08-09-2012 at 08:49 PM.

PurrPurr Guest
    I have a new favorite!

It's for the Jetta with keyless entry. They use the Johnny Cash song "Dirty Old Egg Suckin' Dog" in it.

http://screenmag.com/story/2012/sep/10/9733/?r=west

Hoagie78 Guest

Unintentionally Funny Commercials

What commercials have you seen that were not intended to be funny ? One classic is " I've Fallen And I Can't Get Up". Here was one I saw recently and I first thought this was a parody. That photo of the girl at the end looks staged and fake.

Hoagie78 Guest
    Here is another. I noticed the guys goatee changes from black to gray.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Vandalay Guest
    There's a couple of AARP spots where the acting is so bad you just have to laugh...but I couldn't find 'em on youtube...

I did however find this little gem..so cheesy it could put Kraft out of business..

SquirrelNutZipper Guest
    One commercial - two reasons for lovin' it.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8bVUaAKROM

The one lady would give up her soda, beer and wine before giving up the LifeAlert and the other woman who says "When you had a heart attack like I did and there was no one around....." you can tell this piece of work thrives on talking about her heart attack. You just know people run when she walks in the Senior Center because every conversation she has is related to her heart attach. Oh yeah, and she has nice 70's hair too.

Hoagie78 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelNutZipper View Post

The one lady would give up her soda, beer and wine before giving up the LifeAlert and the other woman who says "When you had a heart attack like I did and there was no one around....." you can tell this piece of work thrives on talking about her heart attack. You just know people run when she walks in the Senior Center because every conversation she has is related to her heart attach. Oh yeah, and she has nice 70's hair too.
    ROTFL!!!! that commercial is so bad, it's good. I keep waiting for the woman to say after " When you had a heart attack like I did" the line " Life Alert was there for me unlike my ungrateful children who left me to die".

The woman giving up beer, wine, and soda was a hoot.

Pryncis Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hoagie78 View Post
    ROTFL!!!! that commercial is so bad, it's good. I keep waiting for the woman to say after " When you had a heart attack like I did" the line " Life Alert was there for me unlike my ungrateful children who left me to die".

The woman who says "When you have a heart attack like I did..." looks identical to my exboyfriend's mother. She was an unholy bitch and I broke up with him because of her. She was NUTS! I can't stand that commercial because it reminds me of her. If my ex's mom had life alert, I would have removed the batteries. (just like how I poured windex glass cleaner into her potted plants)

PurrPurr Guest

Ahahaha! I crack up laughing every time that TV ad comes on. God, I can be so evil at times.

Then again, I also laugh at the new Jetta commercial with the "Dirty Old Egg Suckin' Dog" song.

SquirrelNutZipper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryncis View Post
    The woman who says "When you have a heart attack like I did..." looks identical to my exboyfriend's mother. She was an unholy bitch and I broke up with him because of her. She was NUTS! I can't stand that commercial because it reminds me of her. If my ex's mom had life alert, I would have removed the batteries. (just like how I poured windex glass cleaner into her potted plants)
    Now that's funny Pryncis....maybe you should contact Windex about a whole new angle on their marketing campaigns.

What commercials have you seen that were not intended to be funny ? One classic is " I've Fallen And I Can't Get Up". Here was one I saw recently and I first thought this was a parody. That photo of the girl at the end looks staged and fake.

It's Michael Jackson!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Some years back there was an ad I can remember seeing for one of those so-called "ex-gay" groups ( I am thinking Exodus International but I can't really say if it was them or not )...anyway the ad showed this farmer type of guy with his son talking about how he "used" to be gay, he is now married to a woman, "..if you want to get out of the gay lifestyle..."blah, blah, blah...

The phone number on the bottom of the screen..1-800-NEED-HIM

Hoagie78 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by choff View Post
    Some years back there was an ad I can remember seeing for one of those so-called "ex-gay" groups ( I am thinking Exodus International but I can't really say if it was them or not )...anyway the ad showed this farmer type of guy with his son talking about how he "used" to be gay, he is now married to a woman, "..if you want to get out of the gay lifestyle..."blah, blah, blah...

The phone number on the bottom of the screen..1-800-NEED-HIM
    I never saw those. I will see if one is posted on you tube.

One I always thought was weird was that lush resort rehab place where the guy said he was an addict for 10 years, now he's not......come on, he will always be an addict. He may be recovering from it, but he will always have that problem and will have to learn to keep away from drugs for the rest of his life.
    Last edited by Hoagie78; 09-19-2012 at 09:26 PM.

Hoagie78 Guest
    Here's a little gem from 1979 and aired through out the 80's. I hade one of these and it was crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandalay View Post
    There's a couple of AARP spots where the acting is so bad you just have to laugh...but I couldn't find 'em on youtube...

I did however find this little gem..so cheesy it could put Kraft out of business..

I remember this one!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I love all the Kia Soul hamster commercials. They're SO CUTE! They remind me of my chinchilla, Sebastian.

Wendy A. Guest
    I love this commercial! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xD6ghskNKa8 Its the Budweiser Super Bowl commercial with the little donkey that wanted to pull the cart. Too cute.
    I actually got to meet the donkey at Grant's Farm in St. Louis. He is a she, and her name is Prissy, and she lives up to it. Her caretakers said she's a pain in the ass. (no pun intended) I thought she was a diva... she wouldn't even sign autographs! haha

44. 09-20-2012, 11:36 PM
    Reason
    spam

SquirrelNutZipper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy A. View Post
    I love this commercial! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xD6ghskNKa8 Its the Budweiser Super Bowl commercial with the little donkey that wanted to pull the cart. Too cute.
    I actually got to meet the donkey at Grant's Farm in St. Louis. He is a she, and her name is Prissy, and she lives up to it. Her caretakers said she's a pain in the ass. (no pun intended) I thought she was a diva... she wouldn't even sign autographs! haha
    That's cool Wendy.

I remember we were at a Super Bowl party - the one after the 911 attacks. The commercial with the Clydesdales trekking to the spot then bowing their heads when they get there had me bawling at the party. I'm actually tearing up now thinking of it.

Those damn cute horses get to me every single time.

Little Caesars Pizza. " No Rules!" I laugh every time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxiSe4iwwGE
    Last edited by LLC; 09-21-2012 at 10:12 AM.

Wendy A. Guest
    That's cool Wendy.

I remember we were at a Super Bowl party - the one after the 911 attacks. The commercial with the Clydesdales trekking to the spot then bowing their heads when they get there had me bawling at the party. I'm actually tearing up now thinking of it.

Those damn cute horses get to me every single time.
    Me too! It made me tear up when I first saw it.. my hubby thought I was batshit crazy! lol

Wendy A. Guest
    I thought this was the coolest commercial when I was 5! They formed a Christmas Tree with candles.

PurrPurr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy A. View Post
    I thought this was the coolest commercial when I was 5! They formed a Christmas Tree with candles.
    "I Like To Teach The World To Sing."

That is a classic.

Wendy A. Guest
    Here's a little gem from 1979 and aired through out the 80's. I hade one of these and it was crap.

Wow! I remember that as a kid, and probably thought it was pretty cool.... now it's just hysterical!

Any Allstate commercial with the mayhem dude in it. His attitude rocks.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.