Thread: It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World

onehunglow Guest

Question It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World

Have they ever done one with more Stars? Can't be many left alive if any at all.

Jack Raines Guest
    This is one of my favorite movies. Mickey Rooney, Edie Adams, Jonathan Winters, Peter Falk, and Carl Reiner are still alive, I'm not sure who else is.

Danny62 Guest
    Sid Caesar is still alive. Last I saw him was in "Vegas Vacation."

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Probably the funniest movie ever made, and the greatest cast of comedians ever assembled. I hope and pray they do not attempt to remake this...the original is perfect.
    I don't know about anybody else, but I for one am STILL looking for my own personal "BIG W" !

pvezz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
    Probably the funniest movie ever made, and the greatest cast of comedians ever assembled. I hope and pray they do not attempt to remake this...the original is perfect.
    I don't know about anybody else, but I for one am STILL looking for my own personal "BIG W" !

Agreed with MOST of this - LOL - but wasn't "Rat Race" based on MMMW?

BTW, Sylvester was PRICELESS!! A big, stupid, muscle-headed MORON!

mommafreak Guest
    What about "Around the World in 80 Days"?

mommafreak Guest
    Some times the Airplane spoof movies will have cameos from lots.

mike Guest
    It is the funniest movie ever made.Its the standard that in my opinion that hasn't really been topped yet.Blazing Saddles come a close 2nd.

Danny62 Guest
    What part of California was that filmed in.

I love watching it, its almost like a time warp watching all the outdoor sets and seeing how things have changed!!

I assume alot of the background were actual locations not sets??

Daphne Guest
    loved the original mad mad mad.. and. Jonathan Winters? I have always thought he was numba one in HYSTERICAL.. he is still alive, but albeit, must be on a deathwatch.

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Daphne View Post
    loved the original mad mad mad.. and. Jonathan Winters? I have always thought he was numba one in HYSTERICAL.. he is still alive, but albeit, must be on a deathwatch.
    He is 81 and still kicking. Looks like he made a movie last year...lets hope he stays away from Deathwatch for awhile?

disco Guest

Red face

"The twelve chairs" with Dom Deloise wwas as good as mmmw

Cathy J. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    What part of California was that filmed in.

I love watching it, its almost like a time warp watching all the outdoor sets and seeing how things have changed!!

I assume alot of the background were actual locations not sets??
    http://imdb.com/title/tt0057193/locations

I remember that scene with all the cars chasing after Spenser Tracy. That brief clip of that roller coaster, that was the famous Long Beach Cyclone Racer.

http://rcdb.com/ig1945.htm?picture=1

Looking at the pic, I am still trying to find out how they filmed the cars passing it by.

The coaster was used not only in this movie but also on Leave It to Beaver too. Sadly it was gone by 1969.

Danny62 Guest
    Here is a list of actors from the show who are no longer with us:
    http://www.findagrave.com/php/famous...e=pr&FSctf=156

onehunglow Guest
    THey could never remake that film. The cost today would be worse than Water World. BTW I liked WW.

poppie Guest
    Ethel Merman was the best one in that show. She, like Spencer Tracy, played a role you would never expect them to star in. Jonathan Winters is also from Dayton, Ohio which makes him one of my all time favorite nut cases. He is a funny, funny man.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Raines View Post
    This is one of my favorite movies. Mickey Rooney, Edie Adams, Jonathan Winters, Peter Falk, and Carl Reiner are still alive, I'm not sure who else is.

The only other ones who had fairly prominent roles in
    [SIZE=4]IT'S A MAD MAD MAD MAD WORLD[/SIZE]
    that I can think of who are still very much alive:

[SIZE=4]DOROTHY PROVINE[/SIZE] who played Emeline the wife of the MILTON BERLE character and daughter of the ETHEL MERMAN (character). PROVINE who had also cornered the market on revising the music & dancing of the late 1920s with quite a few records and specials in the early 1960s happily retired when she married in 1968. DOROTHY had also starred in the title role of the 1958 film THE BONNIE PARKER STORY, a precursor to '67s BONNIE & CLYDE.

[SIZE=4]BARRIE CHASE[/SIZE] who played (ETHEL MERMAN'S son in the film) SYLVESTER'S twisting girlfriend. One of FRED ASTAIRE'S preferred dancing partners, today BARRIE lives in Venice California with her retired dentist husband. Another role that BARRIE is remembered for is the one she played in the original version of [SIZE=3]CAPE FEAR[/SIZE] (1962) in which her character is brutally violated by the ROBERT MITCHUM character of SAM CADY. The role she played would be repeated by ILEANA DOUGLAS in the remake with NICK NOLTE and ROBERT DeNIRO.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	itsamadmadmadmadworld.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	490   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dorothy.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	67.3 KB 
ID:	491   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	immortal74.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	23.8 KB 
ID:	492   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	200px-BarrieChasePublicityPhoto.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	12.4 KB 
ID:	493  

susalu Guest
    Another good movie with lots of stars.... "What a Way to Go" Shirley MacLaine, Dick Van Dyke, Paul Newman, Gene Kelly, Robert Mitchum, Dean Martin, Bob Cummings... it is the coolest technicolor movie!

It's about a young woman who marries men who keep getting rich and dying on her... good movie for death hag... Dean Martin dies by milking a bull and getting kicked up to heaven!

Sus

Quote Originally Posted by susalu View Post
    Another good movie with lots of stars.... "What a Way to Go" Shirley MacLaine, Dick Van Dyke, Paul Newman, Gene Kelly, Robert Mitchum, Dean Martin, Bob Cummings... it is the coolest technicolor movie!

It's about a young woman who marries men who keep getting rich and dying on her... good movie for death hag... Dean Martin dies by milking a bull and getting kicked up to heaven!

Sus

NO, it's the ROBERT MITCHUM character of ROD ANDERSON who drunkenly goes to milk the cow (called Melissa) and finds out too late that it's the bull, "Melrose......for-give me !!!"

DEAN MARTIN as LEONARD CRAWLEY is the wealthy smarmy letch who early on in the film turns off SHIRLEY. Near the end of the film, LEONARD who lost his fortune is working as a janitor, and she SHIRLEY/LUISA marries him.

susalu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KELT View Post
    NO, it's the ROBERT MITCHUM character of ROD ANDERSON who drunkenly goes to milk the cow (called Melissa) and finds out too late that it's the bull, "Melrose......for-give me !!!"

DEAN MARTIN as LEONARD CRAWLEY is the wealthy smarmy letch who early on in the film turns off SHIRLEY. Near the end of the film, LEONARD who lost his fortune is working as a janitor, and she SHIRLEY/LUISA marries him.
    Oh yeah!!! Didn't you just love her wardrobe? I think Edith Head did it... They really decked her out!!! Also loved the tap dancing scene with Gene Kelly.... Now THAT was entertainment!! Susan

Quote Originally Posted by onehunglow View Post
    Have they ever done one with more Stars ?

[SIZE=5]QUO VADIS [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=5]HOW THE WEST WAS WON[/SIZE]

and for an all star female only cast [SIZE=5]THE WOMEN[/SIZE]

ScottyMonger Guest
    On January 9, 2007, Karen Sharpe Kramer, widow of Stanley Kramer, and film producer Edward Bass announced that a sequel entitled It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD World is in the works. The film would be, like the original, a large ensemble movie mixing comics and dramatic actors. The story follows the descendants of the characters from the first movie who are thrust into another madcap chase to find a cache of money after it is revealed that the bills found in the first movie were counterfeit. Original cast members Sid Caesar and Jonathan Winters, among others, may reprise their original roles.