Thread: Ed Ames

Ed Ames

Singer and actor Ed Ames has died at the age of 95. Also fondly remembered by those of a Certain Age for throwing a tomahawk on The Tonight Show at a wood silhouette of a cowboy and hitting it in the crotch. It's all over youtube, including clips of Ed and Johnny Carson reminiscing years later.

Ed Ames Dead: Daniel Boone Star Was 95 - Variety

I remember that well with the tomahawk .. hilarious! The Ames Brothers were really good as a singing group too. RIP Ed.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

i remember him as Mingo the Cherokee friend of the Daniel Boone TV series.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Technically, half-Cherokee. His father was a Brit who graduated from Oxford. (I did not know that until recently, when I saw the first episode of "Daniel Boone.")

Quote Originally Posted by Slick SKillet Mayhand View Post
    Technically, half-Cherokee. His father was a Brit who graduated from Oxford. (I did not know that until recently, when I saw the first episode of "Daniel Boone.")
    True.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Last survivor of the Ames Brothers and a tremendous voice on his own. Yes, the tomahawk incident was hysterical, particularly whenEd McMahon said, "I didn't know you were Jewish".

Quote Originally Posted by PooBah McGee View Post
    Last survivor of the Ames Brothers and a tremendous voice on his own. Yes, the tomahawk incident was hysterical, particularly whenEd McMahon said, "I didn't know you were Jewish".
    Very true, glad he lived a long life.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.