Thread: Burt Bacharach 1928-2023

Burt Bacharach 1928-2023

KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

One best known song writers of the 1960s + https://rateyourmusic.com/list/green...acharach_hits/
    the complete list of burt bacharach hits never be ashamed to write a melody that people remember." - burt bacharach, aka my entire philosophy of pop music

listed are all 65 united states top 40 hits.
    Growing up in the 60s and 70s , we were privileged with so much good music and artists. You may have preferred rock, but you still listened to and appreciated the pop styles too.
    Burt Bacharach, Hal David and Dionne Warwick.................that's a Trifecta.

Broomfield,Colorado. Originally from Meriden, CT.
    This makes me so sad. He was a favorite of mine. He was a brilliant composer. I especially loved the songs he wrote with Hal David for Gene Pitney. The songs he wrote with Dionne Warwick were magical. I just saw a documentary on CNN about Dionne Warwick and she talks about her musical relationship with Burt. He will be missed.

One of my favorite composers. Two that stand out for me are Alfie and Anyone Who Had A Heart by Cilla Black and The Look Of Love by Sergio Mendes and Brazil 66. And way too many others to name. RIP Burt.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

He penned so many great songs for so many great artists! He has left quite the legacy. May Mr. Bacharach rest in peace.

94 is a good age, hope his last years were with a great
    sound mind and body.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

One of my favorite stories, and the first thing I thought of when I heard he passed:
    Many years ago Carol King was playing a concert in my neck of the woods. A local radio station was giving away tickets and kept repeating that they were gonna play a game called “The Answer of Carol King”. After repeating this several times that announced that they were looking for caller number 10 to play “the answer is Carol King”. When they got their caller they were like “your caller 10 for our “the answer is Carol king” game! Are you ready to play “the answer is Carol king?” The contestant was all enthusiastic so the DJ was all “ok, this is The Answer is Carol King…” and asked the question. I shit you not the contestant said “is it Burt Bacharach?!”

Quote Originally Posted by ShyLurker View Post
    He penned so many great songs for so many great artists! He has left quite the legacy. May Mr. Bacharach rest in peace.
    Burt was right in the tradition of great composers of popular song: Cole Porter, Gershwin brothers, Henry Mancini, Lennon and McCartney. The Sixties were inseparable from his musical match-made-in-heaven with Dionne Warwick, but I just recently came across this gem he did with the incomparable Dusty Springfield. RIP good sir.