Thread: Julian Sands

Julian Sands

Actor Julian Sands Has been reported missing on Friday 13th after going hiking at Mt. Baldy in California.

Wed, January 18, 2023 at 5:24 PM PST

RANCHO CUCAMONGA, Calif. (AP) — Actor Julian Sands, star of several Oscar-nominated films including “A Room With a View,” has been missing for five days in the Southern California mountains, where he was hiking, authorities said Wednesday.
    Sands, 65, was reported missing Friday on a trail on Mt. Baldy, San Bernardino County sheriff's spokeswoman Gloria Huerta said.
    Search and rescue crews looked for Sands in the area of the San Gabriel Mountains, about 40 miles northeast of downtown Los Angeles, but had to suspend the ground search on Saturday because of trail conditions and avalanche risks, and have not been able to resume since, Huerta said.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/actor-julian-sands-missing-southern-012417720.html

I really liked him in warlock, I hope they find him alive...but I doubt it, there have already been two deaths this year with people falling, 14 people so far have been injured and one man is also missing as well as Julian Sands.
    Last edited by pkstracy; 01-18-2023 at 06:40 PM.

Here's praying he will be found alive and will survive.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

There has been a lot of storms and rain in that area, I am hoping and praying he is sheltering in place and will be found.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Yes I loved him in rose red & warlock I do hope they find him alive he was a very talented stage actor as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    There has been a lot of storms and rain in that area, I am hoping and praying he is sheltering in place and will be found.
    His car was found today in a car park near where he had been reported missing from. Bad weather has seemingly been hampering the search but he does seem to have experience hiking, so hopefully as you say, he has managed to hunker down somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    His car was found today in a car park near where he had been reported missing from. Bad weather has seemingly been hampering the search but he does seem to have experience hiking, so hopefully as you say, he has managed to hunker down somewhere.
    It has been a week today. I assume he had a backpack with him and hopefully provisions if he planned on spending the day. There is still hope.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

I hope so Mansfield but I don't think there is...

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    I saw that his family had put out a statement and hoped it was good news but it was just to thank people for their well wishes as well as those still searching.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    I saw that his family had put out a statement and hoped it was good news but it was just to thank people for their well wishes as well as those still searching.
    Everyone has been hoping but it has been 11 days. If there were a better time for a miracle this would be it. Sadly, I don't think it will happen now.

Julian's brother said his wife and kids still seem hopeful and part of him is but he has already said his goodbyes, saying he would prefer him to be gone rather than lying there in agony with no one there to help him. Others still remain hopeful as well including his hiking partner who said he had taken the trail quite a few times and if anyone could survive it would be Julian as he is extremely advanced. I know miracles have happened before but I really don't think we are gonna get one here.

They are still hoping.

Still no word other than two days ago about aerial searches.

I had been holding a good thought for him. But I now believe he is gone, I hope they find him for his family's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    I had been holding a good thought for him. But I now believe he is gone, I hope they find him for his family's sake.
    Even the search team are going that way. They released a statement saying while they are still hopeful, the outcome of the search 'may not be what they would like'. It's still a search and rescue mission at the minute rather than recovery but I don't think it will be long before it changes.

Looks like they may have finally found him. A couple of hikers found remains where they think he was. It will take a few days to ID but it does sound like him. At least they will have the body to bury him now.

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/06/24/e...und/index.html

I have a feeling it's him.

It is most likely him. Sad as that is at least the family will have closure.

The remains are his, I'll close this thread and start one in Actors and Actress' who have passed.