Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lisa Marie Presley 1968-2023

Lisa Marie Presley 1968-2023

Lisa Marie Presley, the daughter of Elvis and Priscilla has died at the age of 54 after suffering from Cardiac Arrest.

https://www.tmz.com/2023/01/12/lisa-...ardiac-arrest/

She was found unresponsive by her housekeeper and ex who performed CPR before being rushed to hospital where she was placed into Intensive Care with a temporary pacemaker. She was later pronounced dead.

Tragic .At least she will be with her son and father .RIP Lisa Marie x

Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

5. 01-12-2023, 06:10 PM

Quote Originally Posted by artymorty View Post
    Tragic .At least she will be with her son and father .RIP Lisa Marie x
    She was seemingly never the same since he died and tried to keep things together for her three daughters but seemed to be going through the motions.

From what I've seen online, she had seemingly been complaining of chest pains earlier in the morning and later on, her housekeeper found her unresponsive. Her ex Danny Keough who happened to be there performed CPR until the Paramedics arrived. They seemingly had to give her a dose of epinephrine which got her pulse going again and she was rushed to hospital where she was placed in a induced coma.

She was at the Golden Globes on Tuesday with Priscilla and many commented online that she didn't look too well.

Unbelievable. My prayers to her family and friends. RIP.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

So very sad.

It was stated she had been having stomach pains before the award show, I wonder if she had a, very rare in women, abdominal aortic aneurysm... or maybe it was a broken heart over her son's death. Not only that but she had been a big drug user as well as drinker.

KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

So sad. I remember when she was born.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Wikipedia lists Lisa Marie Presley as an "American singer/song writer" so I moved this thread to Musicians.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    It was stated she had been having stomach pains before the award show, I wonder if she had a, very rare in women, abdominal aortic aneurysm... or maybe it was a broken heart over her son's death. Not only that but she had been a big drug user as well as drinker.
    Baby had one of those due to drugs and drinking, but they were able to repair it. Also, heart pain can show up anywhere--stomach, wherever, according to an old lady with a heart condition that I knew a long time ago.

I didn't experience pain at all. I just started gasping like a fish and went into full cardiac arrest in the ambulance. I was told later that had one of the EMTs not known how to intubate I would have died. I was also 54.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Wow. So young. Sad.

Folks, please do an Advanced Search==located under the Search box on the right side of any page--before you start a thread.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Wikipedia lists Lisa Marie Presley as an "American singer/song writer" so I moved this thread to Musicians.

Baby had one of those due to drugs and drinking, but they were able to repair it. Also, heart pain can show up anywhere--stomach, wherever, according to an old lady with a heart condition that I knew a long time ago.

I didn't experience pain at all. I just started gasping like a fish and went into full cardiac arrest in the ambulance. I was told later that had one of the EMTs not known how to intubate I would have died. I was also 54.
    OMG Cindy , that sounds terrible (what you went through ) .

Quote Originally Posted by artymorty View Post
    OMG Cindy , that sounds terrible (what you went through ) .
    Not really. It was the gasping like a fish out of water while waiting for the ambulance to arrive that was torture. I even walked into my office, snatched my Marlboro red shorts off my desk, threw them in the trash, got on the gurney and apparently fainted. The next thing I remember was waking up when a nurse was trying to take my earrings off, and then three days later I came out of an induced coma.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

You are correct Cindy, it is rare for a woman to have the typical symptoms of a heartattack, women will feel pain on the right side of their body, right arm going numb, feeling sick to their stomach, upper back hurting, feeling so fatigued like you ran a marathon, breaking out into a sweat like a hot flash and a high fever combined into one, to where your clothing is soaked, shortness of breath. She had been under a lot of stress and heartache the past few years, her son killing himself, then her husband divorcing her the year before that, her years of drugs and alcohol use caught up to her, even though she had been clean for awhile, the drugs and such possibly weakened her heart.

I remember that.

Seemingly she had another arrest. She had already been pronounced brain dead from the first arrest when she was admitted and because of this, family signed DNR papers. After the second arrest, she was pronounced. They seemingly don't know how long she had been lying before the housekeeper found her so had no clue how long she had been without oxygen.

https://www.tmz.com/2023/01/13/lisa-...ate-order-dnr/

I've seen the video from the Golden Globes, she did not look well and was possibly medicated. She seemed happy for Austin Butler but there was under lying sadness about her. If there is a better place I hope she is there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    I've seen the video from the Golden Globes, she did not look well and was possibly medicated. She seemed happy for Austin Butler but there was under lying sadness about her. If there is a better place I hope she is there.
    She was definitely on something and did not look well to the point she was having to hold onto people to get around. She had tried to get clean for a long time but after Benjamin passed, she blamed herself for it. They made it clear when the news first broke that it was not a suicide attempt and what many forget is there is a history of heart issues in the family with her father and grandparents all dying from heart attacks.

This an interesting "Presley Curse" article on yahoo. Both Vernon and Gladys were alcoholics. So, I imagine the curse is in fact addictive personality. Runs in many families, including mine, though all I picked up was cigarettes. https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...012000916.html
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

This an interesting "Presley Curse" article on yahoo. Both Vernon and Gladys were alcoholics. So, I imagine the curse is in fact addictive personality. Runs in many families, including mine, though all I picked up was cigarettes. https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...012000916.html
    That can happen. Both my parents smoked(and quit) but only drank socially. as for me I was the triple threat of the family. Cigarettes, drugs and alcohol. I still smoke, but the latter vices are behind me. I will be clean and sober 20 yrs. on Feb.8. The little chat I had with the Almighty in 2003 helped. Still does, everyday!

That can happen. Both my parents smoked(and quit) but only drank socially. as for me I was the triple threat of the family. Cigarettes, drugs and alcohol. I still smoke, but the latter vices are behind me. I will be clean and sober 20 yrs. on Feb.8. The little chat I had with the Almighty in 2003 helped. Still does, everyday!
    He's the reason I'm alive and can face every day.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

He's the reason I'm alive and can face every day.
    Same here, He keeps me going.

I get it from both sides. I started drinking when I was about 12, managed to stop then started again in my early 20s. I then got dependant on prescription drugs for a while but managed to wean myself off. The funny thing is nearly everyone in my family are heavy smokers and I always assumed as I have an addictive personality, it would happen to me and while I did smoke for a few years, when my sister was pregnant with my nephew, I decided to quit and that was that. Nowadays, I can have the odd drink as I know what's my limit and god willing, I'll stay clean.

Back to Lisa so as not to derail the thread, it's been announced that she is going to be buried alongside her son Benjamin at Graceland. They have completed the autopsy but unsurprisingly, her COD has been delayed for the moment as they are awaiting toxicology results.

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    I get it from both sides. I started drinking when I was about 12, managed to stop then started again in my early 20s. I then got dependant on prescription drugs for a while but managed to wean myself off. The funny thing is nearly everyone in my family are heavy smokers and I always assumed as I have an addictive personality, it would happen to me and while I did smoke for a few years, when my sister was pregnant with my nephew, I decided to quit and that was that. Nowadays, I can have the odd drink as I know what's my limit and god willing, I'll stay clean.

Back to Lisa so as not to derail the thread, it's been announced that she is going to be buried alongside her son Benjamin at Graceland. They have completed the autopsy but unsurprisingly, her COD has been delayed for the moment as they are awaiting toxicology results.
    The things we go through in life! Lol. I was going to quit smoking when I retired, but COVID happened. Now, forget it I enjoy it and it calms the nerves. I am too old to quit. Lol.

That said, I did not know that her son was at Graceland, that is nice. I hope they don't find too much in those results. That is going to be so hard on Priscilla if there are. That is all people will focus on.

What's chilling to me is I read yesterday about Lisa's song Lights Out. Someone turned the lights out there in Memphis/That's where my family's buried and gone/Last time I was there I noticed a space left/Next to them there in Memphis/In the damn back lawn

GOD IS NOT DEAD

also to note cardiac arrest is totally different than a heart attack, it is very rare for a woman to have cardiac arrest, cardiac arrest happens when the heart suddenly stops, a heartattack is when blood flow is restricted to the heart, either caused by a blockage or a blood clot. https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...175523022.html her last interview the day of or day before her death, she looks high here
    Last edited by pkstracy; 01-14-2023 at 08:32 PM.

also to note cardiac arrest is totally different than a heart attack, it is very rare for a woman to have cardiac arrest, cardiac arrest happens when the heart suddenly stops, a heartattack is when blood flow is restricted to the heart, either caused by a blockage or a blood clot. https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...175523022.html her last interview the day of or day before her death, she looks high here
    She's most def very sick or very high.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Priscilla set things up after Elvis died to generate an income for the estate before Lisa Marie took over. I would think she would have overseen things in the background to make sure everything was being handled properly. Or maybe not. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-16m-debt.html

You are correct Cindy, it is rare for a woman to have the typical symptoms of a heartattack, women will feel pain on the right side of their body, right arm going numb, feeling sick to their stomach, upper back hurting, feeling so fatigued like you ran a marathon, breaking out into a sweat like a hot flash and a high fever combined into one, to where your clothing is soaked, shortness of breath. She had been under a lot of stress and heartache the past few years, her son killing himself, then her husband divorcing her the year before that, her years of drugs and alcohol use caught up to her, even though she had been clean for awhile, the drugs and such possibly weakened her heart.
    jesus! these symptoms are part of my life every day!

i think her son's death destroyed her. any parent with a child knows one of your kids dying before you is heartbreaking. i'll bet, whatever the cause was, she will have died from a broken heart. there is a copy of her essay on grief going around too. i don't know if it's real, but holy moly it's sad.

Lush the upper back pain feels like a rope is being tied tightly around your upper back and just squeezing over and over, or feels like a sledgehammer hitting you, not sure how old you are but those can also be symptoms of going through the change, expect for the right side pain.

Priscilla set things up after Elvis died to generate an income for the estate before Lisa Marie took over. I would think she would have overseen things in the background to make sure everything was being handled properly. Or maybe not. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-16m-debt.html

Selling off 85% of his image and name in 2005 is a huge chunk admittedly but she still had 15% and according to some reports, they brought in over $122m last year. Graceland has seemingly been left to the three girls and since the twins are minors and Riley is acting, it's possible they could hand the reins back to Priscilla for the time being while everything is sorted. If she managed it before, she should be able to again, especially with him having so many new fans thanks to the biopic.

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    Selling off 85% of his image and name in 2005 is a huge chunk admittedly but she still had 15% and according to some reports, they brought in over $122m last year. Graceland has seemingly been left to the three girls and since the twins are minors and Riley is acting, it's possible they could hand the reins back to Priscilla for the time being while everything is sorted. If she managed it before, she should be able to again, especially with him having so many new fans thanks to the biopic.
    It would be a good idea.

To be honest she looked shocking at the awards ceremony I did wonder if there was an underlying issue that said she was when younger she was a habitual drug user & loved a drink so maybe this weakened her heart I guess the autopsy will tell us more.

Mr. Chicken yes a lot of times, being a drug user and drinker when you are younger will have an impact on your heart...I still don't know how Keith Richards hasn't dropped dead yet.
    Last edited by pkstracy; 01-21-2023 at 05:34 PM.

Mr. Chicken yes a lot of times, being a drug user and drinker when you are younger will have an impact on your heart...I still don't know how Keith Moon hasn't dropped dead yet.
    Uhhh...
    https://findadeath.com/keith-moon/
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Mr. Chicken yes a lot of times, being a drug user and drinker when you are younger will have an impact on your heart...I still don't know how Keith Moon hasn't dropped dead yet.
    You mean Keith Richards.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Scott has a new video up on YouTube about her burial.

You mean Keith Richards.
    Omg yes meant Keith Richards, lol let me fix my post

Here's NBC'S coverage of Lisa Marie's memorial:

https://www.nbcboston.com/entertainm...esley/2951536/

She relapsed and was taking drugs again

On January 30, 2023, family sources told
    TMZ that Lisa Marie’s opioid addiction had relapsed and she was undergoing an extreme weight loss regime in the months leading up to her death because she “wanted to look her best” to celebrate Elvis at the various award shows. “Our sources say two months before the Golden Globes, Lisa Marie got plastic surgery and began taking weight loss meds. We’re told she lost 40 to 50 pounds in the 6 weeks leading up to the Globes,” the tabloid reported. “Our family sources say Lisa Marie was taking opioids again—an addiction she struggled with for years.”
    https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/did-...160914359.html
    Last edited by cindyt; 01-30-2023 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Fixed link

You mean Keith Richards.
    I think Keith Richards is a vampire, who will out live us all.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

I read an article on MSN that Lisa was back on opioids, had lost around 40 or 50 pounds withing the last 6 weeks, and had plastic surgery all to look her best for the award show. SMH. What she was doing was building a bomb that blasted her off the planet.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Sadly, that article is/was correct.
    "Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's Heaven on Earth" - Mark Twain

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/oth...th/ar-AA16Ua63

Lisa Marie Presley was on an extreme weight loss regimen and had relapsed into taking opioids in the months leading up to her tragic death on Thursday, January 12, sources confirmed.

Two months before the Academy Awards, the mother-of-four underwent plastic surgery and started to take weight loss medication, which resulted in the singer dropping 40-50 pounds in the mere six weeks before the renowned event, sources continued to reveal to a news publication on Monday, January 30.
    Family insiders additionally confirmed the upsetting news that Lisa Marie had started taking opioids again after struggling with addiction for several years.

Hey drew all this information was already posted by me just four posts above yours.

It's okay. Users post the same info on our threads, Sharon Tate, for one, and Station Night for another.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

TMZ has posted COD. She died from complications resulting from a small bowel obstruction. There was also therapeuric levels of Oxy and Buprenorphine which is used to treat opioid overuse as well as another drug.

https://www.tmz.com/2023/07/13/lisa-...l-obstruction/