Thread: Anita Pointer 1948-2022

Anita Pointer 1948-2022

KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

For some reason I thought all the Pointer Sisters were dead. Prayers for the family.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Cancer sucks. My mom really liked them, my fave of their songs was I'm So Excited.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Cancer sucks. My mom really liked them, my fave of their songs was I'm So Excited.
    I liked them too but apparently not enough to remember which song was my fave. Lol.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I had their first album in 1973 which is now 50 years ago! They were more rooted in blues and soul and funk before going more mainstream, but they were still great. I still play this one, great harmony. RIP Anita.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I liked them too but apparently not enough to remember which song was my fave. Lol.
    I can't say I was a huge fan but I loved Jump (For My Love) until the UK girl group Girls Aloud got their hands on it and ruined it. Give me the original anyday. I also loved Automatic and I'm So Excited but my favourite has always been Slow Hand.

R.I.P Anita, as others have said, Cancer sucks.

Rest In peace Anita ,

I remember when the Pointer Sisters first appeared on TV on the Flip Wilson Show. They was fresh to the public and sporting Good Will hand me down clothes. Even as a kid, about 10 maybe, I thought that was weird to see performers dressed that way. But they sang the song, "Can Can", and did it well. They later appeared as Richard Pryor's choir on "Car Wash" and sang, "Believe In Me". I became an instant lifetime fan.
    When I read about Anita Pointers death, I did a little research on the group. June was my favorite in the group, especially in their videos, "Jump" and "I'm So Excited". I imagined that Anita did the lead while June, who posed for Playboy in 1984 and was fighting drug addiction, promoted them well, as well as her own career.
    Rest in loving peace, Pointer Sisters

Is it just me but does it seem a lot of celebrities die at the age of 74?
    My dad died at 74.

"Fire" is my favorite of theirs...

Awwwwww.......sad to see that they are all gone now.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.