Thread: Kirstie Alley, 71

Kirstie Alley Dies at 71

So sad .After a short battle with cancer , no other details yet .R.I.P.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ssed-away.html
    Kirstie Alley dead at 71: Cheers star's heartbroken children announce the 'fierce and loving' actress has passed away after short battle with cancer... This is a shock My she rest in peace

Never saw that one coming! With that said I admire people who keep things private for family and maybe close friends, without having to inform the world at large. Class. I loved her in Fat Actress, she new how to make fun of herself on her terms. RIP.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

I loved her in Cheers and the Look Who's Talking movies, It Takes Two with the Olsen twins....well pretty much anything she was in I loved. RIP
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

She was awesome as Virgilia Hazard in the North and South Trilogy miniseries (also starring Patrick Swazey).
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by artymorty View Post
    So sad .After a short battle with cancer , no other details yet .R.I.P.
    Hey, artymorty! I moved this here because Jaggar was two minutes ahead of you. That said, we don't add "dies" or "dead" to thread titles because this is the dead section of the forum.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I loved her in Cheers, Summer School, North And South.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Hey, artymorty! I moved this here because Jaggar was two minutes ahead of you. That said, we don't add "dies" or "dead" to thread titles because this is the dead section of the forum.
    OK got it Cindy , thanks .

Her publicist released a statement saying it was colon cancer.

While I didn't always agree with things she did and said, no one deserves to go through the pain of cancer. I lost two grandparents to it and seeing them at the end was heartbreaking so I really do feel for her family and friends.

I spent many a time watching Cheers, Veronica's Closet and all the Look Who's Talking...yes, even the third one with the animals.

What-the-hell? This was not expected.
    Pecunia Loquitur Taurus Cacas Ambulat

OK got it Cindy , thanks .
    You're very welcome.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

There seems to be a lot of people dying from colon/bowel cancer in the news .Is it because people weren't getting colonoscopies done during lockdown ?

There seems to be a lot of people dying from colon/bowel cancer in the news .Is it because people weren't getting colonoscopies done during lockdown ?
    Not sure about the rest of the world but here in Scotland, many have died because of the backlog. The news is full of stories of people who if they had gotten help when they first went to the doctors/hospital they would have stood a chance but because of the wait, it progressed and took their lives. Even now some have over a year to wait even to be checked up even though the claim is they will be seen as soon as possible if it is life threatening.

With Kirstie, there seems to be a question mark with her being a Scientologist. Those who have left say they are told they are impervious to any type of cancer. When they do get sick, they usually go the herbal/holistic route first, thinking that will be enough and by the time they realise it isn't working and seek help, there isn't much else can be done for them. Of course, there is no way to know for sure but she was a high ranking member and often got into it with people online, adamant that the Scientology way was best.

Shellc, I was just going to ask if her being a Scientologist had anything to do with her not seeking treatment earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Shellc, I was just going to ask if her being a Scientologist had anything to do with her not seeking treatment earlier.
    I wouldn't be surprised. The same seemingly happened with Kelly Preston when she passed from Breast Cancer. There were quite a few online after she died that were angry that she didn't get help sooner and made it clear that they blamed Scientology for the delay.

I read that the higher up in the chain of Scientology you are (i.e. donate the most money) the more "super human" you become and then you are immune to cancer. I bet she never had any screenings because of this. And she did end up in a cancer center out in Tampa but I'm pretty sure it was too late for her and they probably only gave her palliative care by then to ease her suffering.

I bet she's having a word with L Ron Hubbard about now on the other side about it all! LOL!

I really liked her on Cheers and in a few of her movies. I started to look at her in a different way tho once she went all MAGA Crazy-town in the last few years with all her really fucked up tweets.

Wow, didn't see this coming. I honestly cannot say that I know anything about Scientology or whether or not it played a role with her diagnosis, but I am sorry about having to deal with cancer. I did think that she was very funny.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised. The same seemingly happened with Kelly Preston when she passed from Breast Cancer. There were quite a few online after she died that were angry that she didn't get help sooner and made it clear that they blamed Scientology for the delay.
    That happened to church member Lisa McPherson. Had they taken her to a hospital with actual doctors instead of trying to heal her themselves in a hotel room she would likely have lived. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Lisa_McPherson
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    I read that the higher up in the chain of Scientology you are (i.e. donate the most money) the more "super human" you become and then you are immune to cancer. I bet she never had any screenings because of this. And she did end up in a cancer center out in Tampa but I'm pretty sure it was too late for her and they probably only gave her palliative care by then to ease her suffering.

I bet she's having a word with L Ron Hubbard about now on the other side about it all! LOL!

I really liked her on Cheers and in a few of her movies. I started to look at her in a different way tho once she went all MAGA Crazy-town in the last few years with all her really fucked up tweets.
    A guy on Twitter claims he was friends with her and said she thought it was a slipped disc for a long time. When it was discovered and they tried treating it, it didn't work. It does make you wonder if she held off so long because she was so sure it couldn't be that or it was a genuine case of her thinking it was only something minor.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    That happened to church member Lisa McPherson. Had they taken her to a hospital with actual doctors instead of trying to heal her themselves in a hotel room she would likely have lived. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Lisa_McPherson
    I remember reading about her years back and was disgusted at what she had to go through. Those involved should have been charged and put inside but it's well know they have the cops on their side. I've read many stories about ex members or family members who aren't part of the church being harrassed, assaulted and everything in between yet when they go to the police, nothing is done.

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    A guy on Twitter claims he was friends with her and said she thought it was a slipped disc for a long time. When it was discovered and they tried treating it, it didn't work. It does make you wonder if she held off so long because she was so sure it couldn't be that or it was a genuine case of her thinking it was only something minor.

How can you confuse a slipped disc with colon cancer? Wouldn't blood in your stool and intense stomach cramps be a good detection, rather than a back ache? I just don't get it...

Charges against the church were dropped, I am assuming after a nice cash settlement had been reached to keep everyone from talking about it again. You have to wonder how many others have died after failing to seek medical help thinking they were exempt from illness and could heal themselves. Probably quite a few. What I find funny, if not a bit disturbing are the ones who truly believe and are waiting for Hubbard to return. It's like Linus waiting for The Great Pumpkin!

Rest in peace, Kirstie. Scientology is NOT a religion. It's a CULT.....plain and simple.
    "Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's Heaven on Earth" - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    Rest in peace, Kirstie. Scientology is NOT a religion. It's a CULT.....plain and simple.
    Exactly!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    How can you confuse a slipped disc with colon cancer? Wouldn't blood in your stool and intense stomach cramps be a good detection, rather than a back ache? I just don't get it...
    That's the way of Scientology....they ram it into everyone's heads until they believe whatever guff they are telling them. In 1979, she ended up in a Scientology detox centre for coke and because they got her clean...boom, they trapped her in another addiction and she was one ever since. I mean you only have to look at Tom Cruise and the interview about mental health to see how crazy they make people. I've seen programs about them and can quite honestly believe that even seeing more symptoms that would have most running to the doctors, she would be so adamant it wasn't cancer, that she wouldn't bother. I honestly think it was someone else who finally made the call for her to see someone and by then too much damage had been done. Even then, I wouldn't be surprised if she still denied it.

Charges against the church were dropped, I am assuming after a nice cash settlement had been reached to keep everyone from talking about it again. You have to wonder how many others have died after failing to seek medical help thinking they were exempt from illness and could heal themselves. Probably quite a few. What I find funny, if not a bit disturbing are the ones who truly believe and are waiting for Hubbard to return. It's like Linus waiting for The Great Pumpkin!
    Many have disappeared over the years, ill and healthy including David Miscavige's wife Shelly who has been missing since 2007. Many of those who have left including Leah Remini think she is either being held against her will or dead. She filed a missing persons report but the cops said they checked, she was fine and that was it.

There have been a couple of programs pertaining to Shelly's disappearance speculating on what might be going on. They think she went against David's way of running things and that was the reason she was banished. They say if anyone could bring the whole thing down it would be Shelly. I do think she is being kept against her will, the police claim to have met with or spoken with her and nothing is wrong she says. That was to get Leah to back off. If they were keeping Lisa McPherson dumbed down you can imagine what they are doing to her.

There have been a couple of programs pertaining to Shelly's disappearance speculating on what might be going on. They think she went against David's way of running things and that was the reason she was banished. They say if anyone could bring the whole thing down it would be Shelly. I do think she is being kept against her will, the police claim to have met with or spoken with her and nothing is wrong she says. That was to get Leah to back off. If they were keeping Lisa McPherson dumbed down you can imagine what they are doing to her.
    Something definitely happened. Just before she disappeared, he left for a while and when he came back, she seemed to become a different person with many thinking he did something to her and she had had enough. If true, she literally knows where the bodies are buried so was packed away somewhere so she wouldn't spill and god only knows what they are doing if she is still alive. I'm not surprised about the cops sweeping it under the carpet as at one point they seemingly had booths in police stations to lure people in and higher up cops actually did talks at events.

I used to read a page that debunked a lot of their claims and there were many comments from people who were born into it who wanted out but were too scared because they knew they would lose their parents and surrounding family and be harrassed for a long time after. There are many others who are the same....they want out but know there will be consequences. They seemingly have a knack for going for people who are easily influenced and by the time the person realises something's up, they are already indoctrinated to their way of thinking which by the sounds of it, is how they got Kirstie.

Folks enough talk about Scientology, let's keep it on topic about Kristie, if you want to talk about Scientology there is thread for that.