Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst ... 67891017 ... LastLast

Thread: Missing Children & Adults

Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    It's a crackpot. This guy has been around on the message boards for a while.

The Ramsey County Medical Examiners Office conducts all autopsies for Stearns County. There is no way a body would still be sitting at a freaking HOSPITAL morgue! And a missing person to boot?!

LOL on Jodi's message board they claim this guy lives in his mothers basement and is a fruit loop!

Here is another one of his postings under his other name - same info. What a nut! He appears to be posting from Eveleth, MN. Watch him show up here next.

http://mylifeofcrime.wordpress.com/2...mason-city-ia/
    Oh boy! Thanks for the info Lisa! There are some real weirdos out there!

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    Oh boy! Thanks for the info Lisa! There are some real weirdos out there!
    No problem and yea, there are some strange ones out there!

Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post
    ....the police say they know who and why but will not say anymore???

This makes me really suspicious. Why wouldn't the cops explain, if they really do know who and why? Leavingt it like this just raises more questions.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by duster View Post
    This makes me really suspicious. Why wouldn't the cops explain, if they really do know who and why? Leavingt it like this just raises more questions.
    I think it is a bit suspect as well.

I hope they release some more information soon.

Or someone leaks some info.

ajurk Guest
    if you dont think that their finances havent been picked throught to pieces then you are insane. im sure every part of their lives have been more then carefully looked at. they are cold on tv because they are told to talk that way. if some psycho has the kid and the mother is having mental breakdowns on tv, that could be a trigger for a psycho to kill the kid or torture more. watch an episode of criminal minds. these parents are heavily coached before they go on tv. they are told not to show too much emotion.

wasnt elizabeth smart or polly klaas's fathers also considered a suspect for the longest time?

FannyB1923 Guest
    Good news! Apparently the friend was found right away because Pauley got the word out and everybody was looking for her. She was located in her own vehicle in Hollywood.

hoxharding Guest
    I was just wondering the outcome of the missing friend like about a half hour ago!

KarmaKat Guest
    So she wasnt really missing then just getting some chill time?

Curtis Radiohead Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KarmaKat View Post
    So she wasnt really missing then just getting some chill time?
    We can all use a little chill time every once in a while! LOL

KarmaKat Guest
    Totally agree with you there.

NOVSTORM Guest
    too weird why was her purse found somewhere else?????

Guest Guest

Missing Seattle Man Nicolas Francisco

A few months back I posted a thread on this guy but can't seem to locate it here now

apparently at the time he was a loving father of two with another baby on the way...his wife claimed she spoke with him just before he left work, he was supposed to stop at the store to buy sugar so he could make cookies with their daughter once he got home...he never came home

they found his car abandoned at an apartment complex and no signs of struggle or foul play

here's the link to the local article on him....

http://209.85.141.104/search?q=cache...lnk&cd=4&gl=us

the local and national media picked this up and his wife was on several programs talking about how he would never leave willingly and just what a great husband and father he was

a search fund was established and a reward fund as well...I know that many donations came in from all around the country to assist in finding this man

well apparently something has come about because the wife has filed for divorce!!!

here's a blogspot on it

http://209.85.141.104/search?q=cache...lnk&cd=5&gl=us

she sites willful abandonment as well as "abuse" I guess it came out that he belonged to some adult dating sites and could have possibly met someone online and left her and the kids? I'm not too sure how I feel about this one...she goes out there talking about him being the greatest person in the world one day and then it's found out he's possibly been cheating so she files for divorce??? where's all that reward/search money? and more importantly WHERE IS NICOLAS FRANCISCO???

maybe she had him killed? or maybe he did take off and start a new life....a lot of people on the blogs are up in arms because they donated because they believed her when she said he would never do this..the best guy..the best daddy ever etc...but now she's filed for divorce...I mean if the guy left her for someone else she should file for divorce...but if he was an abusive asshole and she knew it why go on national tv pleading for financial help in finding him?

something stinks at the peer and it's not the fish!!!

I'm digging around for more...but I think more will be coming out about the whereabouts and the money

stay tuned

SuburbanDeathHag Guest
    I have been following this story since it first appeared on KOMO's web site. Where the heck did he go? When she was first interviewed she said she couldn't live without him....

Guest Guest
    I know...but now she's divorcing him and claiming he abused her physically and sexually????

maybe he did carry on a double life? maybe he met someone on a dating site and ran away with them?

I know it was said by a couple of people that Nicolas was really gay and was very unhappy in the marriage...did not want any more children etc...one person on a blog claimed to know him very well and stated that he had told his wife he wanted a divorce because he is gay and the next thing you know she's pregnant again? Well gay or not if he wanted the divorce he should have stopped boning her! lol...sorry that was crass

lets say for the sake of argument that there is some truth about him being gay and wanting out of the marriage etc...then just leave her and get a divorce then, no need to stage a disappearance really? unless? she made it clear she would do him harm financially etc for the rest of his life

he certainly has not broken any laws..anyone can leave and start over again...morally though leaving your children is a pretty fucked up thing to do

especially under those sorts of circumstances

what is bugging me is the wife who couldn't live without him who now wants a divorce and claims he abused her??? also on his search website the reward was stated to be $15,000 for information leading to his whereabouts yet in the seattlepost interview it states it's only $5,000??? a type-o? or has the money been used on something else

I know there are a lot of people pissed off that they donated to the search fund...but now she's filed for divorce

I know that when you give you do just that...but I can't blame those for being pissed

she went on many national shows and went on and on about what a wonderful man he is..what a great dad etc etc etc...no way would he just leave us, she has collected money that was given with the intention of searching for this man...but instead she's filed for divorce?

so are they still searching for him???

if not? why? could it be that they found out he was having an affair and left willingly? if so..I hope she isn't collecting any more money under the guise it's being used to search for him...that can get her into a lot of trouble

NOVSTORM Guest
    She may have said all of the good stuff because she thought they wouldn't search for him if she told them he was an abusing ahole LOL

Guest Guest
    or that people wouldn't donate to the fund!?

Guest Guest
    All I know is if my abusive ex had gone missing I would have filed a report and told the cops if you find him tell him not to come back!!!

warmbear Guest
    I have an idea, let's find Nicholas, and lose Seattle... That would be no great loss to the state...

They should probably search Queen Anne's Hill aka The Swish Alps, as that is likely where he is hiding in plain sight under everyone's noses..

My theory is that he probably did tell her he wanted a divorce and left her. I think she made it look as though he were missing because it is in her best benefit. The PI article says she is seeking financial support from him. I don't think this man has ever been "missing". It is just what the public was lead to believe.

We can't lose Seattle, hubby and I would be homeless!
    Last edited by Karma; 06-28-2008 at 04:56 PM.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

Guest Guest
    well if that is the case she's got some explaining to do...I gave money to the search fund...now if something was used to help support her family I don't have a problem with that except I gave under the impression that she wanted him home..that he was harmed in some way and taken against his will...I didn't donate because he left her of his own accord...or for her to go from "I want my husband home with us" to "I want a divorce because he abused me and sexually assaulted me"

it has now gone to the point that she has closed down her blogspot...refuses to answer any of the questions that are asked of her...even if she just recently discovered that he indeed left her she should come forward publicly and state this and that maybe she's sorry that so much money and effort was put into searching for someone who doesn't want to be found..but instead we have gotten major attitude from her...and I do have to wonder...did she know he wasn't coming home and did this for the money? because it's starting to look that way

she has collected this money...so is she still using it to find him? or for her own personal expenses?

I personally will not give one more cent until she clarifies what is going on...if this is a case of a man leaving his wife and children willingly and she's upset because he left her with no money...well then tough titties lady...lump it...because that happens every single day...but do not go on national tv begging for financial aide with "searching" for him if just a few months later you're filing for a divorce and claiming abuse

she owes a lot of people an explanation...and also I would think that Law Enforcement maybe raising an eyebrow?? How do you go from distraught wife to bitter ex so quickly? and why? unless law enforcement knows he left on his own...if they found him say in Montana...they can't make him come back....hopefully she's not collecting any more funds for the search...considering she doesn't want him home

tydtm Guest
    Just as clarification on MJD's first post in this thread...Morgan Nick Amber's case DID NOT start the Amber Alert.

The Amber Alert was for AMBER RENE HAGERMAN.

The facts are now in order.

lisalouver Guest
    Christ, the wife of the former police chief of the Mason City Police is the one who sent the journal.

http://www.globegazette.com/articles...6258332538.txt

No motive?

Very odd. I guess the old Chief "inadvertenly" took home the journal at some point?

The newspaper, of course printed excerpts

http://www.globegazette.com/articles...e406478527.txt

melmoney Guest
    This case has always perplexed me as well. I tend to think that she was being stalked, maybe an obsessed viewer who happened to follow her home one night and knew where she lived. I saw a 20/20 episode about Jodi and they were interviewing other news anchors that had been victims of crazy stalkers.

I hope they resolve this case someday.

malaki Guest
    [quote=lisalouver;308951]Christ, the wife of the former police chief of the Mason City Police is the one who sent the journal.

http://www.globegazette.com/articles...6258332538.txt

Wow!!! I didn't know police depts could take home evidence

lisalouver Guest
    [quote=malaki;309160 Wow!!! I didn't know police depts could take home evidence [/quote]

I don't think they can.

Clearly, nothing will be done here about it though.

I wonder what her motive was?

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. James Dean View Post
    Vanished: Missing
    Girls Mystery
    Sympathetic Stranger or Suspect?

Tim Bindner describes himself as a good Samaritan. (ABCNEWS.com)

Jan. 16 â?? Three days after 7-year-old Amber Swartz disappeared from her Pinole, Calif., yard in June 1988, a stranger came by to tell her mother that he had been searching the nearby woods for the little girl.

"'I wanted to be the one to save her,'" Kim Swartz remembers the man saying. "'I wanted to be the one to bring her home to you.'"
    When Swartz heard him say that they were "looking for a dead body," the grieving mother wanted nothing to do with the man, who said his name was Tim Bindner. But he wasn't easy to ignore. Bindner would continue to call her for years, offering help in the search for her little girl.

Five months later, another little girl, 9-year-old Michaela Garecht, disappeared in Hayward, a nearby town. Bindner showed up again, asking Michaela's mother if he could help find her daughter. Michaela had been abducted while buying candy with a friend, who heard a muffled cry and turned around to see her friend being kidnapped by a white male.

"He said that he wanted to go out and look for Michaela," said Sharon Murch, Michaela's mother. "He brought a map and showed us where he wanted to go."

Amber and Michaela were not the first young girls to disappear from towns along Interstate 80, which goes through the communities of San Francisco's East Bay.

Angela Bugay, 5, disappeared from Antioch in November 1983, and Tara Cossey, 11, disappeared from San Pablo in June 1978.

And the heartbreaking losses continued. In January 1989, Ilene Misheloff, 13, vanished in mid-afternoon near the town of Dublin. Two years later, 4-year-old Nikki Campbell vanished from Fairfield.

The disappearances of little girls in the East Bay area left law enforcement officers puzzled. "It was just taunting the investigators, taunting the public, taunting the families," said Linda Goldston, a reporter for The Mercury News who covered the cases for years. "You just felt there was a master killer, it was a master suspect at work."

Were the continuing disappearances along I-80 unrelated tragedies, or the work of one person? Investigators began to search for clues that might link some of the cases.

Birthday Greetings From a Stranger

Bindner's name surfaced again in the Nikki Campbell investigation. Months before Nikki disappeared, a worried couple in the same Fairfield neighborhood told police their 12-year-old daughter was getting odd mail, with the letters written backward so they could only be read in a mirror.

The person who had sent the letters was Bindner, a 43-year-old married man who worked at a sewage treatment plant. It turned out Bindner had been writing to lots of young girls, often sending birthday greetings.

"He said he just did it to be nice, and that they liked it," said Goldston. "That they were lonely."

Whatever his intentions, Bindner caught the attention of Fairfield police. He had also been questioned by Pinole police, because he was seen repeatedly visiting Angela Bugay's gravesite at Oakmont Cemetary, often in the middle of the night, and because of his contacting many of the grieving mothers.

Over the years, as he came into the public eye, Bindner has steadfastly denied harming, or even meeting, any of the girls. He said he was deeply affected when he heard of their disappearances and just wanted to do anything he could to help.

'Accumulation of Coincidence'

But investigators were troubled by a series of coincidences.

Bindner once wrote a letter to law enforcement speculating that the next girl to disappear would be 9. Then, 9-year-old Michaela disappeared. On another occasion, Bindner sent a Christmas card to an FBI profiler with an image of a little girl holding up four fingers. Shortly after, 4-year-old Nikki disappeared.

Police bloodhounds also picked up Amber Swartz's scent at Angela Bugay's gravesite, which Bindner often visited. Police said dogs later picked up Nikki's scent at the gravesite.

"This kind of accumulation of coincidence is not anything that I've ever encountered in 25 years of investigative work," said John Philpin, a criminal psychologist who spent 1,000 hours interviewing Bindner for his book Stalemate, which examined child abductions in the Bay Area.

Investigators in the Nikki Campbell case questioned Bindner, and named him a suspect in 1992. But bloodhound evidence is too unreliable to be presented in court, and prosecutors never found evidence to support criminal charges against Bindner. Next month, another man goes to trial on charges that he murdered Bugay.

Delivering Little Girls to Jesus

Goldston, the Mercury News reporter, found it odd that Bindner wanted her to interview him at Oakmont Cemetery in the middle of the night. She picked him up at 4:30 a.m., and he asked if he could play his favorite song on the car radio: "Jesus, Here's Another Child to Hold." They drove to the cemetery.

Goldston, who asked Bindner why he was concerned about the girls who disappeared, said: "He told me that he came to think of them as his children. That he cried about them, he prayed for them, that he spent a long time thinking about them and that he dedicated himself to trying to find them."

When she asked what he thought happened to the girls when they were taken, Goldston remembers him saying: "'Well, you know, one of them was sweet and shy and didn't say a thing, but the other went kicking and screaming.'" Then, she said, he added, "'I'm just guessing that that's what they would have said.'"

"I really got chills," said Goldston. "He had convinced himself that he was rescuing these girls and he was delivering them to Jesus."

A Taunting Game?

Goldston said it seemed he was purposely toying with both investigators and reporters. "Whether he is the person who took the girls, I don't know," she said, "but I felt that he went out of his way to make me think that he had."

Kim Swartz, who had developed a bizarre friendship with Bindner at the urging of police, agreed that it seemed to be a game to Bindner.

"He was walking that fine line, knowing exactly where he can go with it," she said."I think he was getting off on taunting me and my family."

At Bindner's suggestion, Swartz read Fyodor Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment, in which a character who keeps showing up turns out to be the man who actually committed the crime.

A Good Samaritan

Bindner refused to be interviewed on camera, but he agreed to speak with ABCNEWS off camera.

He said he was simply trying to help find the missing girls, and described himself as a good Samaritan. In fact, Bindner does have a record of helping others: He was given an award for heroism by the California Highway Patrol for assisting in the rescue efforts after the 1989 earthquake. He continues to insist that he had nothing to do with the girls' disappearances.

"It's a fundamental mistake to focus on Tim Bindner," said his attorney, John Burris. "Because he's the wrong person."

No civil or criminal actions have been filed against Bindner in any of these cases. The only court action involving him was a defamation suit he brought against the city of Fairfield. The city settled by paying him $90,000.

Philpin said that in some of the cases neither he, nor Swartz, nor any of the investigators have been able to rule Bindner in as a supsect or rule him out.

"It's a stalemate," said Philpin. "In the end, all the pieces of this particular puzzle just don't come together."

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/Downt...s_feature.html

Creepy!

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post

[SIZE=2]Reconstruction of Victim created by David M. Morris.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=5]Unidentified White / Native Male[/SIZE] [SIZE=2]
    • Located on September 17, 2001 in Amanda Park, Grays Harbor County, Washington.
    • Date of death is September 16, 2001

[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Vital Statistics[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]
    • Estimated age: 20 - 30 years old
    • Approximate Height and Weight: 6'2"; 140 lbs.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: Possibly Hispanic. Black hair; hazel eyes. His hair was neatly trimmed. Appendectomy scar on abdomen. He had recently lost a lot of weight (possibly 30-40 pounds). A small mole on the left sid of his chin. He does not have ear lobes, not removed never had them. His appendix scar was old.
    • Dentals: Available. Teeth in near perfect shape. He had orthodontic work done.
    • Clothing: All in very good shape were a Blue plaid shirt, gray Fruit of the Loom T-shirt, Levi 550 blue jeans (size 36-34), black Timberland boots (size 10 Medium) and a black leather belt (markings "genuine leather made in USA" along with "7301" and "L31".
    • Fingerprints: Available
    • DNA: CODIS
    • Other: It is possible that he spoke with a slight Canadian or similar accent.

[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Case History[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]The body of this white or Native male was located in a Quinault area motel. His death has been ruled a suicide. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]He had checked into the motel using the name "Lyle Stevik" from 1019 S. Progress Avenue, Meridian, Idaho. The address he listed is for a motel. Lyle Stevik is a character in the book You Must Remember This, by Joyce Carol Oates. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]He indicated that he was going to stay a few more days though he had only paid for one evening. The maid entered the room on September 17, 2001 and found him hanging from the coat rack with his leather belt. He had left money on the nightstand with a note that said "For the Room". The only personal belongings in his possession was a tooth brush and paste. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]He arrived by bus, possibly one that came from Port Angeles (south), but a bus came up from Aberdeen (northbound) and arrived about the same time. Neither driver was sure if he was on their bus. He arrived with no luggage, and there was no luggage, clothing, etc. in the motel dumpster. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]He may have come from Canada, as the clerk recalled that he had "a slight Canadian accent". The fact he wrote the word "suicide" on a piece of paper found in the trash leads athorities to believe he wrote a letter home, telling someone of his intentions, that he was going to disappear, so they aren't looking for him. He may have been dying, or suffered from depression, as he lost a lot of weight, although nothing was found at the autopsy. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]There were no indications that he ever wore a wedding ring. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Fingerprints sent to FBI and RCMP with Negative results. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Belt[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Registration name & address filled out by "Lyle"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Right: note Center: Crisp money Left: table with note[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Investigators[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]If you have any information concerning this case, please contact: [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Grays Harbor Sheriff's Department [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Detective Lane Youmans [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]360-249-3711 x574[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Agency Case Number: [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]01-7870 [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]NCIC Number: [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]U-960002335 [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Source Information: [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]**Warning! Post-mortem photos contained in link below! [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Missing Persons Gallery [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Child Protection Education of America [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]The Daily World [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Websleuths [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Missing Person & Unsolved Crime Blog [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]hey you guys this guys has been a pet case of mine...I frequent the doe network and I have known about him since it happend..I just find it so sad nothing has even been found!! Any clues you guys?? [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE]
    That is an interesting case Lisa. Anything new since you posted this?

RaRaRamona Guest

Paige Birgfeld missing mom had secret life as escort

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/...n4162450.shtml

(CBS) By all accounts, 34-year old Paige Birgfeld was a devoted mother to her three young children. So when she suddenly disappeared last June, police in Grand Junction, Colorado suspected foul play.

But while police and volunteers searched for the missing mother of three, disturbing evidence of a secret life she led shifted the investigation in a totally new direction.

Did that secret life-which Paige kept hidden from her family-play a role in her disappearance?

No one loved a family gathering more than 34-year-old Paige Birgfeld. "She would literally beam, she would radiate," her father Frank tells correspondent Harold Dow. "Those were the absolute cherished times that she enjoys most."

So when their daughter Paige vanishes on June 28th, 2007, Frank and his wife Suzie feared the worst. "This is a crime. There's a crime here," says Frank, who doesn't believe Paige would have just walked away and left her kids.

<><><><><><><><><><><>

I was sure we had a thread on her but I can't find it.

I watched a special on this case last night. Before that I hadn't paid much attention to it. Is she dead? Did she run away? Was she captured & sold into sex slavery? I add that last b/c it seems to always come up lately.

So I learned tonight that she was moonlighting as an escort way back since her first marriage, before her kids. That's interesting. I think she could have made up the abuse allegations - possibly - to start trouble for her ex. The second one. But she was reconciling with her first ex. Even though he hated kids.

Is anyone else familiar with this case?

lisalouver Guest
    Never heard of it, but it sure sounds interesting!

NOVSTORM Guest

I saw a special on her, I think it was 48 Hours Mystery a few weeks ago. I thought it was maybe someone she went to meet that night. It's too bad she had to live such a risky lifestyle to keep up her other lifestyle.

PvN73 Guest
    I read about her last week on crime library. They are looking into one of her clients from the Escort services

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/c...d/1_index.html

NewYorkDoll Guest
    There was just a Dateline on this case last night:
    The secret life of a soccer mom

When a radiant mother disappeared in Colorado, secrets began to tumble out about her hidden life. Where is Paige Birgfeld?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25559428/

SoulSister Guest
    I am very intrigued by this case. I too saw the Dateline and 48 Hours Investigates about Paige. I thought it was pretty jacked-up that once people found out about her escort business, they weren't willing to continue searching for her. She's still a human being! I have always found it strange when people just completely vanish. It's like they evaporate...

NewYorkDoll Guest
    I know, I was pretty shocked that a lot of the interest in looking for her went away, but the interest in talking about her "career" didn't.

melmoney Guest
    I saw the 48 Hours Mystery and part of the Dateline special on her last night.

On the 48 Hours episode, the police made it sound like they already knew who was responsible for her disappearance. There was evidence that she had gone out to meet one of her escort clients after she got back into town. They tracked the guy down but he refused to coorperate with police. Sounds fishy to me. He looked shady too.

RaRaRamona Guest
    They did try to make it sound like she had no other choice than to dance if she wanted to keep her house. Why would she have to keep that house that her millionaire ex husband used to pay for? She was actually hooking as early as her first marriage though so it wasn't something she did out of desperation.

She could have - should have - gotten a smaller house.

I think one issue with the searchers was they felt like they'd been sold a bill of goods that they found to be trash. She was supposed to be a sweet innocent mom who was snatched. Then they learned she put herself in that situation by hooking & selling herself to strangers on the internet. They had left heir families & jobs to help find her. I would be pissed too.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSister View Post
    I am very intrigued by this case. I too saw the Dateline and 48 Hours Investigates about Paige. I thought it was pretty jacked-up that once people found out about her escort business, they weren't willing to continue searching for her. She's still a human being! I have always found it strange when people just completely vanish. It's like they evaporate...
    I always find the vanishing really intriguing, too. I'm not familiar with this case, so thank you for the links! Yes, I agree, she's a human being and her family, no matter what she was doing, deserve to know what happened. Murder is murder, if indeed that's what happened here. It shouldn't matter what the victim was doing at the time of his or her death. I'd be more angry at the _men_, especially ones that not only frequent these escorts, but see them so far beneath a human being that they hurt or kill them without a second thought.

I'm not sure I'd make the same decision to maintain my lifestyle, but it's not my life. I guess it could be seen as a cautionary tale for someone considering the "glamorous" life of a "high-class" escort. Nevertheless, you can easily be abducted and killed working the night shift at a restaurant or bar, too. Clearly, the general public would be more sympathetic if something like that happened here. I'm just intrigued by the mystery, and I hope they find out what actually happened to her.

You'd think that any of her family/friends would have had the common sense to tell the cops everything about her lifestyle, as soon as she went missing. How are the investigators supposed to do their job if you withold something so crucial?

NOVSTORM Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulSister View Post
    She wasn;t some MOM that was baking cookies and doing the PTA. I guess this makes you less of a human if you are a stripper or a call girl or whatever. I think it sucks, she is a human , she has kids, she is missing..find her damn it.

Quote Originally Posted by duster View Post
    You'd think that any of her family/friends would have had the common sense to tell the cops everything about her lifestyle, as soon as she went missing. How are the investigators supposed to do their job if you withold something so crucial?
    l don't think they knew.

mel306 Guest

Olympian from Afghanistan is missing

Time magazine this week has a feature on the bizarre story of the mysterious disappearance of Afghanistan's only female, Olympics-bound runner. The 19-year-old Afghan middle distance runner, Mehbooba Andyar, went missing in Italy last week while on her way to the Olympics in China. Friends and co-athletes have not seen her since July 4, when she left her training facility in Formia, Italy.

Police are not ruling out any possibilities, although her missing bags and passport do indicate that she may have left on her own. Some believe she's seeking asylum in Europe over fear of Muslim extremists in her homeland where she faced constant rumors of prostitution and repeated threats of violence.

In a recent interview, Andyar said, "I'm the model for my country, being a woman in a typical Muslim nation. I'm very proud to say that I will be participating in the Olympic Games. By virtue of these opportunities, many women from my country are participating in many sports, and this will help to develop a better managed country."

mel306 Guest
    I hope she did leave on her own.

Xtine Guest
    what a terrible and tragic story.
    i hope it ends well....

I saw this on the news. I don't think it will end well.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

McCann suspect wins libel damages: media

1 hour, 8 minutes ago

LONDON (AFP) - A Briton living in Portugal who was made a formal suspect over the disappearance of toddler Madeleine McCann is to be awarded six-figure libel damages from British media, it was reported Tuesday.
    [SIZE=-2]ADVERTISEMENT[/SIZE]

Robert Murat will receive around 550,000 pounds in a settlement to be heard at London's High Court Thursday which will also include an apology, the BBC reported.
    In April, lawyers said Murat had launched libel actions against 11 newspapers and one television network which had made allegations against him.
    Murat lives close to the holiday apartment in Praia da Luz, southern Portugal from where Madeleine, then aged three, vanished last year while on holiday with parents Kate and Gerry McCann and her twin siblings.
    He was named a formal suspect or arguido by Portuguese police probing the disappearance but insisted he was innocent. Officers closed their investigation at the start of this month without charging anyone.
    Kate and Gerry McCann were also named formal suspects in the case and also protest their innocence.
    In March two British newspapers published front page apologies to the couple, and paid "very substantial" damages after they complained about coverage which implied they could be responsible for her disappearance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Looks like the cops are throwing in the towell...
    http://www.thestar.com/News/World/article/464252

This is what Sky news is reporting

The investigation into Madeleine McCann's disappearance has been closed and her parents cleared of any involvement, the Portuguese Attorney General has announced.

Madeleine McCann went missing in May 2007

The case has been closed because of lack of evidence but could be reopened at any time if important information comes to light, according to Fernando Pinto Monteiro's office.
    The 14-month investigation uncovered no evidence of a crime by the three people named as arguidos or official suspects, Kate and Gerry McCann and Robert Murat.
    Madeleine's parents and Mr Murat have now had their arguido status lifted.
    Mr and Mrs McCann are "relieved" to be cleared of any involvement in the disappearance of Madeleine, their spokesman Clarence Mitchell said.
    But he added that there is "no air of celebration" at hearing the news.
    "They should never have been arguidos. The fact that they have emerged from
    this without being charged proves that."
    He added: "The main thing now is to get everything back to finding Madeleine.
    "All of this has damaged their good reputations and they will have to assess where they go from here.
    "The only thing they care about is finding Madeleine. We hope that the Portuguese authorities will continue to cooperate with their private investigation."
    Sky's crime correspondent Martin Brunt said the couple would be hoping to find new leads from the police file on the case.
    Speaking from Praia da Luz, the resort where Madeleine disappeared from in May last year, he said: "The McCanns and their lawyers will still be anticipating that they should get an early sight of the police file, enough to give them and their private investigators new leads to follow.
    "Everything in that file will have been investigated by Portuguese authorities to some degree.
    "But the McCanns think there is a possibility in some areas that their own investigators can do better."

and BBC

Madeleine police inquiry shelved

Madeleine was on holiday in the Algarve when she disappeared

The police investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann has been shelved due to lack of evidence, Portugal's attorney general has said.
    The child's parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, and a third British national, Robert Murat, are no longer formal suspects, he also confirmed.
    Her parents, of Rothley, Leics, said they were "relieved", but there was "no degree of celebration".
    Madeleine disappeared in Praia da Luz on 3 May 2007, aged three.
    The McCanns and Mr Murat all strongly denied any involvement in Madeleine's disappearance from her holiday apartment in the Algarve.
    Attorney-general Fernando Jose Pinto Monteiro said the 14-month investigation had uncovered no evidence of a crime by any of them.
    Speaking after the announcement, the McCanns' spokesman Clarence Mitchell said: "It's far too early to give their immediate reaction yet, but they are, of course, liaising closely with their lawyers in Portugal and Britain," he said. "Once they have digested the content of the attorney-general's statement and any implications, they will give a reaction a little later this evening."

Former lead detective Goncalo Moral talks to Steve Kingstone

Libel case
    The BBC's Alison Roberts, who is in Portugal, said the McCanns would now be able to apply for access to the police case files, which they hope could help their own private investigators search for their daughter.
    Mr Mitchell said: "The main thing now is to get everything back to finding Madeleine. All of this has damaged their good reputations and they will have to assess where they go from here."
    Detectives submitted their final report at the start of July to prosecutors.
    The attorney general said the case could be reopened if new evidence emerged from any "serious, pertinent and authoritative source".
    Last week Mr Murat received a £600,000 settlement and apology after a libel claim over allegations in 11 UK newspapers.
    His aunt Sally Eveleigh told the BBC the news was "amazing".
    She said her nephew had only been trying to help with the search for Madeleine when he was declared a suspect.
    "We're all taught in Britain to help others and this is what happens," she said.
    In March Mr and Mrs McCann reached a libel settlement and got an apology from Express Newspapers for suggesting they were responsible for her death.
    Case files
    In an interview with the BBC, Goncalo Amaral - the former police chief leading the Madeleine inquiry - said he believed she was dead.
    "The evidence that we had gathered by the time that I left the case pointed to the girl being dead - and having died inside the apartment," he said.
    "I don't know what happened next, I can't say. We'll have to wait for the case files to be made public."
    Mr Amaral was removed from the case last October after reportedly criticising the British police. He is now publishing a book about the investigation and denied that Portuguese police had failed to carry it out properly.

I fear Madeline will never be found and she'll never get the justice the little girl deserves, cannot believe they have not even been charged with neglect if nothing else