Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Missing Children & Adults

Shawver83 Guest
    I'm not sure if they actually killed her, but something about the whole thing sounds suspicious. No one with any sense at all leaves a four year old and two infants alone in a foreign hotel room while they go to dinner. That's just crazy. Like someone else suggested, maybe they gave her something to make her sleepy while they were out and she accidentaly died from it, or else she had some sort of mishap in the hotel room while they were out and died as a result of that, and they're panicking over having left the kids alone. For some reason I'm just thinking that they returned to the room to find that something happened to her as a result of their negligence in leaving her alone like that, and it's snowballed from there. As for what happened to her afterwards, I can't guess. Seems like someone would have seen someone leaving the area with this child, or found some signs of break-in if she had been abducted.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawver83 View Post
    ....No one with any sense at all leaves a four year old and two infants alone in a foreign hotel room while they go to dinner....

Complacency. Did you hear of that city banker a few years ago who flew back to the weekend home in his helicopter? he jumped out, grabbed his daughter in delight and threw her in the air. she was scalped and ultimately in intensive care for more than a little while.

we're all guilty of complacency to some degree. we only realise it when we reach certain point.

SlippyInvader Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SuckMyKiss View Post
    I too, believe that the parents had something to do with this. IMHO opinion, I think that her mother, sedated her, to make her sleep whilst they went to dinner, but accidentaly gave her too much. And they just panicked. I don't believe they intentionally meant to kill her. It just pisses me off how everyone is supporting them, when all signs point to them being responsible, I mean people have given millions of pounds to the Find Maddie fund, and they've used to for a free holiday in Portugal and a trip around the world to ''spread awareness''. What also sickens me is, if these people were just normal, working class folk, they would be the worst parents in the world, they would be in court of child neglect, and people would be screaming for the other children to be taken off them, but because they are doctors, and seen as ''important, upholding members of the community'' TRANSLATION : RICH CATHOLIC DOCTORS they are given sympathy, instead of the punishment they deserve. I dunno. Just my tuppence worth. But the news coverage is annoying me now. No one will ever find out what really happened unless they find her body, or one of them confesses.
    Yeah I agree! What I found so sickening was when the went and met the pope ffs! It was their fault their child went missing so they should be punished for neglect.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    A little news from today and the use of the fund set up:
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,306077,00.html

susalu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Watson View Post
    A little news from today and the use of the fund set up:
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,306077,00.html
    wow!! well, i sure as hell hope that they catch who did it, beyond a reasonable doubt... (not sure if that is a concept they use in Portugal) if they end up being proved to be responsible, i would sure as hell hate to think that well-meaning people paid the mortgage for murderers!

yikes!!!!

sus

heaven01uk Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    no its the whole world. i guess its normal to leave 3 kids alone in a hotel room in Britain. Good innocent average British parents huh? The person who had the room above the parents of the year testified the night before that little Maddie was crying for 70 minutes before someone went to check on her. Maybe someone else did murder her. But her parents action caused her death.Blame the Portugese all you want but it's her parents fault. They deseve it. That little girl deserved better parents.

Its not normal in britain to leave your kids alone in a hotel room. I know I would never leave my daughter she means to much to me.

As for the Mccans I live in leicester just a diffrent part to them and I believe they are guilty. Even if they didnt kill maddie, there actions caused whatever has happened to her. Gerry's blog is a piss take, talking about how the weather is and going for runs. If my daughter was missing I would be a complete wreck. The press over here is being alot quieter on this case now it was.

Also it was revealed that the mccans where using the find maddie fund to pay thier mortgage and in a recent interview (when gerry returned to work), he was saying how him and kate do not expect any new information or breakthroughs in the future on maddie.

endsleigh03 Guest
    I can't understand why the father would say they expect no new info or breakthroughs on the case. How can they know that? They can't. Also, in a dif post someone said the grandfather said that the child was sometimes sedated. I have a problem with that. A big one.

Quote Originally Posted by heaven01uk View Post
    Its not normal in britain to leave your kids alone in a hotel room. I know I would never leave my daughter she means to much to me.

As for the Mccans I live in leicester just a diffrent part to them and I believe they are guilty. Even if they didnt kill maddie, there actions caused whatever has happened to her. Gerry's blog is a piss take, talking about how the weather is and going for runs. If my daughter was missing I would be a complete wreck. The press over here is being alot quieter on this case now it was.

Also it was revealed that the mccans where using the find maddie fund to pay thier mortgage and in a recent interview (when gerry returned to work), he was saying how him and kate do not expect any new information or breakthroughs in the future on maddie.

heaven01uk Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    I can't understand why the father would say they expect no new info or breakthroughs on the case. How can they know that? They can't. Also, in a dif post someone said the grandfather said that the child was sometimes sedated. I have a problem with that. A big one.

I couldnt believe I had just sat and watched him say it on tv and that made me think they we're involved even more. Theres been lots of stories about them sedating the kids alot but as far as i'm aware they have never been confirmed as true.
    I don't think sedating a child is right unless they are in hospital and it needs to be done.

QueenB Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    Its funny how the only people that say they are innocent are Brits. Go brush your teeth and smell the shite!
    This coming from a moderator?? Please. I could add many many ignorant quotes about the USA but I am not that stupid.

I can understand there is a lot of anger and passion over this as it involves a little girl who most likely is dead. I dont have an opinion either way as I believe in innocent until proven guilty. All I would add is whatever happened to the little one the parents have to live with it for the rest of their lives.

endsleigh03 Guest
    I couldnt believe I had just sat and watched him say it on tv and that made me think they we're involved even more. Theres been lots of stories about them sedating the kids alot but as far as i'm aware they have never been confirmed as true.
    I don't think sedating a child is right unless they are in hospital and it needs to be done.
    I have heard of parents who, for example, will give their kids Benadryl prior to a flight so they will be sleepy, but for me, no medicine unless it's necessary. JMO.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by death_hag_slag View Post
    the vast majority think they are guilty, its just the few who think they are wonderful which are the same people who applaud them as they walk down the street and say it wasn't there fault.

I'm noticing a very anti British vibe on this thread as well as other threads i have seen on this forum... i'm a big fan of this site and the message boards have been good but i am getting quite angry and upset by the amount of Brit Bashing.
    I don't see any Brit Bashing, except the one post. Don't think that everyone will bash. I am a commited Anglophile .
    I know how that feels, I left Tripadvisor for the American bashing that was going on in the London forum, that was people from all over the world, NOT necessarily the British people. I was new there and I didn't understand why the long term american posters were not standing up to it. I watched this go on for about 6 weeks and then I finally lost my temper. I finally realised that the American posters did not want to rock the boat. It was ridiculous. So I rocked it and then I left for good.
    People shouldn't country bash, it doesn't feel good no matter where you are from.

Kathyf Guest
    I don't know whether they are guilty of murdeing her but they were neglegent in my eyes. I would have NEVER left my children alone. Also with in days all these celebrities were giving tons of money to help find her. I remember a few cases here in the USA where they could have used money too.

heaven01uk Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    I have heard of parents who, for example, will give their kids Benadryl prior to a flight so they will be sleepy, but for me, no medicine unless it's necessary. JMO.

The only medicine my daughter gets is medi-sed because its the only one she will take without a fight and she only gets it when shes ill which isn't very often.

Kathyf Guest
    The only medicine my daughter gets is medi-sed because its the only one she will take without a fight and she only gets it when shes ill which isn't very often.
    I have never given my kids anything unless they were sick.

stratstar Guest
    In the UK newspapers today that some of the people (friends) at the restuaraunt the night Mad disappeared are changing their statement to the police!!!!!!!!!!!

heaven01uk Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by stratstar View Post
    In the UK newspapers today that some of the people (friends) at the restuaraunt the night Mad disappeared are changing their statement to the police!!!!!!!!!!!

Are they???
    mind you I didnt go fetch a paper today so I wouldnt know
    have to see if theres anything on the internet

heaven01uk Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathyf View Post
    I have never given my kids anything unless they were sick.
    Same as me then, other than calgel when she was teething lol

different kind of girl Guest

really? I'd like to know more about that!

heaven01uk Guest
    I found a link to where gerrys says this "We have got an infrastructure and support system behind us now and to be honest, unless Madeleine is found, we are not expecting any significant developments in the near future."

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/rtrs/200711...n-fa6b408.html

i take it Gerry can see into the future.

endsleigh03 Guest
    I'd like to hear it too. What are they saying?

endsleigh03 Guest
    I found a link to where gerrys says this "We have got an infrastructure and support system behind us now and to be honest, unless Madeleine is found, we are not expecting any significant developments in the near future."

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/rtrs/200711...n-fa6b408.html

i take it Gerry can see into the future.
    Pretty magical guy, yeah?

heaven01uk Guest
    heres about the friends wanting to change thier storys
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstor...9520-20078877/

Kathyf Guest
    heres about the friends wanting to change thier storys
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstor...9520-20078877/

Thanks

donetodeath Guest
    the whole story is very sad!both the parent's are doctors! So of all people they should know way better than to leave small children alone.Very selfish act on their behalf,and now unfortunately the are paying the ultimate price!

I think the whole case is weird. I don't want to suspect the parents, but the things they did are odd. I don't have children, but if I did, I sure wouldn't leave them alone while in a foreign country. That I'll never understand. The blood in the rental car and the mother washing Madeleine's stuffed animal was weird too.

Sadly, I think the little girl is dead. I'm hoping she's not, but I think it's fairly rare that children are found alive after being reported as missing. I'm also hoping this isn't another case of the parents or parent killing their child, but I really don't see any other cause.

donetodeath Guest
    i agree sweety! I have 3 children and they are never left alone.And when we have been on holiday they go everywhere with you.That is part and parcel of producing children.If they didn't want the hastle they should not have had kid's.

This case becomes a rollercoaster day by day, in 6 months there is only one fact-Madeline and the twins were left in an apartment and Madeline disappeared, everything else has been speculation allegations false sightings nada, the McCanns are so money orientated they disgust me an excerpt of taodays paper for instance

KATE and Gerry McCann could sue Portuguese cops for £1million for failing to find missing daughter Maddie.
    Top Portuguese lawyers are said to believe that if or when the case is wound down and “archived” the McCanns could sue the state.
    Carlos Pinto de Abreu, one of the McCanns’ Portuguese lawyers, said it would be “technically possible” to sue the Portuguese police for their failure to find Madeleine, who vanished from the family’s holiday flat in Praia da Luz on May 3.
    A source close to the McCanns said last night: “Suing is something they will consider but they can’t concentrate on anything but finding Maddie.

they have a damn nerve, Madelines fault is theirs and theirs alone not the police, they really want to take responsiblity for all thats happened not blame others for their actions, this case is so frustrating, they want to concentrate on getting Madeline found by helping the police by giving a full true account of what happened that night not slagging or threatening to sue, at the end of the day when theres no information the case will scale down, they have other crimes to solve after all, i fear Madeline will become a statistic, and i can't see her being found alive

hlh004 Guest
    now they say that they found a bag of clothes that could be linked to her.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/pressass/20...6323e80_1.html

craziness.

Dotty Guest
    Just had to chime in and say even six months on I cannot believe that these people left three small children on their own in a strange country. WTF were they thinking?

I would like to believe that Madeleine is still alive and being looked after somewhere, but sadly I think it quite likely that she is either dead or been taken to order and suffering terribly.

Oh and... Dr Healey (Mrs McCann) is my son's GP and I have been to see her myself when my doctor wasn't available.

susalu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysticakasha View Post

KATE and Gerry McCann could sue Portuguese cops for £1million for failing to find missing daughter Maddie.
    Top Portuguese lawyers are said to believe that if or when the case is wound down and â??archivedâ? the McCanns could sue the state.
    Carlos Pinto de Abreu, one of the McCannsâ?? Portuguese lawyers, said it would be â??technically possibleâ? to sue the Portuguese police for their failure to find Madeleine, who vanished from the familyâ??s holiday flat in Praia da Luz on May 3.
    A source close to the McCanns said last night: â??Suing is something they will consider but they canâ??t concentrate on anything but finding Maddie.
    omigod!!! how could they possible sue the police for not finding a daughter that disappeared (or whom they made disappear) under their own care??? or lack of care??? that is some crazy assed law!!

if you could sue the police for every crime that happened to you, there would be no police!! this is the ultimately in shirking personal responsibility!

Littleroben Guest
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstor...9520-20099621/

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstor...9520-20117978/

The top link is to a story about the inconsistancies in stories being down to translation problems. The other one is that the friend who said she saw a man taking Madeline away has repeated her statement to the press.

I read it this morning on the internet. How can you sit there and eat and watch some man kidnap a child. Wouldn't you jump up and try to go after them?

cbs '48hrs mystery' tonight is on this case.

Jaxxx Guest
    Yea, watching it, they think it was a predator so far.

omg, this one hits me so hard.
    l hope so badly that she's not being tortured.
    if that one private investigator is right and they know who did it, l hope she's found soon and safe.

stacebabe Guest
    What the hell ever happened to personal responsibility? It's something they surely didn't have when they left their children to go have dinner.

I seriously want to smack both of them upside the head for leaving their children alone in a foreign country to fucking eat dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by susalu View Post
    omigod!!! how could they possible sue the police for not finding a daughter that disappeared (or whom they made disappear) under their own care??? or lack of care??? that is some crazy assed law!!

if you could sue the police for every crime that happened to you, there would be no police!! this is the ultimately in shirking personal responsibility!

SugarKane Guest
    This is something I have been wondering about. The news here keeps saying that it is common in England for parents to leave their children unattended at night. It seems like the Brits on this post disagree...does anyone have more information on it, or where the media got it from?

Quote Originally Posted by SugarKane View Post
    This is something I have been wondering about. The news here keeps saying that it is common in England for parents to leave their children unattended at night. It seems like the Brits on this post disagree...does anyone have more information on it, or where the media got it from?

That is the biggest load of cobblers and the majority of the UK are disgusted we are being tarred with the same brush as the McCanns
    yes there are instances of people leaving their children alone and you really get to hear about it when theres a tragedy but on the whole the majority of the british people are totally responsible and would never dream of leaving children alone, hell i wouldn't leave my 9 year old alone let alone 3 little ones on foreign soil it beggers belief the McCanns and their spin doctor Clarence Mitchell are trying to ease their guilt saying we all do it when believe me that is definately not the case

Quote Originally Posted by SugarKane View Post

As much as I feel sorry for the little girl and; without taking into account what may or may not have happened, her parents, why has this case got so much attention? There are millions of children around the world with varying levels of need. While I'm sure there are countless people working to find out what happened to Madeleine McCann it's heartening to know that the unsung heroes who deal with the whole spectrum of cases on a daily basis are continuing to do so while the financially unsatiable media barons are floating on their gold encrusted gin palaces, carefully choreographing and maintaining the sale of doom and gloom to the masses.

The media. Keep the smoke coming at all costs, even once the fire's gone out.

The answer was in the question.

hoxharding Guest
    There are many theories. Wasn't there one that the Portugese police are 'framing them'(I really doubt this)
    Then another one about Madeline being murdered and hidden in a dead animal and cremated at a pet cremation place?
    Has anyone else read these theories?

cherryghost Guest
    I guess people still go on gut feelings, Time will tell!

SuckMyKiss Guest
    NEWSFLASSSSHHH!!

The Portuguses police are now saying Kate Mccann may have sold Maddie to a Paedophile ring. That she was taken to order. It's all over the news and tv today. Whatever happened, the police seem to be pretty sure it was the parents. I'll add more if anything new happens today.

l don't believe that for a second
    kate mccann was desperate for a child and did fertility treatment to get maddie
    no way they sold her.

SassySu Guest
    I have a theory about what happened but not sure if I should write it here. All I can say is this:

I hope their dinner was worth it.

Littleroben Guest
    SassySu, feel free to voice your theory. I'd be interested to hear it as the press seem to keep repeating the same stories on a rota basis.

SuckMyKiss Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
    l don't believe that for a second
    kate mccann was desperate for a child and did fertility treatment to get maddie
    no way they sold her.
    You don't know what anyone is like behind closed doors or what goes on in their heads.

And please, SassySu, post your theory I am interested to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by SuckMyKiss View Post
    You don't know what anyone is like behind closed doors or what goes on in their heads.

no, that's true. l just don't believe the pedophile ring thing.

SassySu Guest
    ok, here is my two pennies worth. I think Maddy was sedated and either: Overdosed, or woke up, tried to reach cuddle cat and fell hitting her head causing death. KMcann came back, found her, worried about getting struck off and covered up. Maddie was kept at Murat's villa (they didn't search this for ages) That is who was seen taking a little girl. Then I think she was buried either in some local pipe work that was filled in and never checked or at the church which the McCanns had keys to. Or in that lake near by which they are still searching. This explains, sniffer dogs detecting a corpse in the villa and on the clothes and why the dogs detected in Murat's villa. I don't think they meant to kill her it was an accident but in my opinion any parent that leaves their twins to go around the world on someone else's buck whilst their daughter is missing has got to be hidind something. Personally, if it was my son, I would be crying, devastated and looking every minute of every day not meeting President Bush.

Of course this is just my opinion. When Kate McCann said the press were picking on her because of her size???? Right. The only victim here is that poor little girl. Who leaves THREE children under the age of 4 alone in a foreign country? Show of hands anyone?

Again I say

I hope their dinner was worth it.

HelenaHandbasket Guest
    When this story first broke, I asked my boyfriend if it was common for Brits to leave their kids unattended. I figured if anybody would know what British parents do, it's my boyfriend who happens to be a British parent. I believe his response was somewhere along the lines of "f*ck no!" I don't know where this myth that parents in Europe routinely leave thier kids unattended comes from, but I see it everywhere.

We both agreed that has this been a couple living in council housing (the projects to us), they'd have lost their other kids and been charged with neglect and possibly child endangerment. Two well-off doctors get the pass. I think that part would have happened in the US as well.

I've paid attention to missing persons cases for years and I have to say this is the first time I've ever seen a family selling their child's missing persons posters! Most families give those away to concerned people. The Mccans are cashing in on her disappearance in some pretty disturbing ways. They're selling their daughter's tragedy over and over via posters, bracelets and other items and that disgusts me. I'm pretty sure mom is involved here. I don't think it was done on purpose and I don't buy the pedophile ring thing either. I think it was an accident that got covered up. Now, they're making quite a nice living off of being the parents of a missing child.

The only thing I don't understand about the mom/parents being involved is this. If it was an accident and the mom found her dead when she checked on her, how did they cover it up in front of their friends? I'm sure the mom wouldn't have been able to remain poised and in control in front of them. I'm assuming it was an accident and she would have been devastated. And how would she (or both parents) have found a hiding place for her body in that short amount of time without the others noticing?