Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5678916 ... LastLast

Thread: Missing Children & Adults

RoRo Guest
    thanks for the post

pvezz Guest

FBI Missing Persons Website

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/kidmiss.htm

I look at this site often. It just makes me so sad to read these stories and realize how many of these families will never, ever know what happened to their loved ones....

These are some of my clients :-(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

djdeath-hag Guest
    I can't imagine a fate worse than having a loved one simply disappear. There was a college student from this area who disappeared back in 1988 (I believe), named Tiffany Sessums, I don't think that she's ever been located.

kandykisses Guest

NCIS star's missing friend

She helps solve crimes on the CBS hit series NCIS and now actress Pauley Perrette is asking for the public's help in finding her missing friend.
    Perrette's friend Lami Nicole Powlesland, 24, was last seen Wednesday in Hollywood, and some of her personal possessions were found outside a popular outdoor workout spot.
    "Her purse was found at one end of Runyon Canyon with all the contents in it; her jewelry was found in another part of Runyon Canyon," says Perrette, who plays criminologist Abby Sciuto on the show and happens to have a criminology degree in real life.
    She added that Powlesland, who was recently released from a mental hospital in Tennessee, hasn't used her ATM or credit cards recently. No one has been able to locate her black 2008 Jeep Liberty.
    Firefighters searched the park until 11 p.m. Saturday and resumed their search Sunday morning.

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b142...g_missing.html

I really like the character of abby. I hope her friend is found.

hoxharding Guest
    Pauley had to quit blogging and being on-line because she was getting threats. (sorry,off-topic)
    I also hope her friend is found!

ceege Guest
    Was she getting threats because of her friend?? I'm confused.

hoxharding Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ceege View Post
    Was she getting threats because of her friend?? I'm confused.

No- it had nothing to do with her friend. My apologies-it was just something that popped into my head.

Vamp Guest
    What a scary world we live in. I hope her friend is found soon.

ceege Guest
    It must be very scary for her to have reality and make believe collide like this.

kandykisses Guest
    I'm sure she is scared for her friend. Since her friend was just released I am sure she worried she had a breakdown. I wonder why her friend was with her? I think the best thing for people when they get out is to go to a loving home with family near their doctors. Visiting friends probably wasn't the best idea in this point of her friends recovery.

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kandykisses View Post
    I'm sure she is scared for her friend. Since her friend was just released I am sure she worried she had a breakdown. I wonder why her friend was with her? I think the best thing for people when they get out is to go to a loving home with family near their doctors. Visiting friends probably wasn't the best idea in this point of her friends recovery.

I agree.......she had to have been pretty fragile at this point........I wouldn`t want that resposibilty, unless there wasn`t any family period.........

kandykisses Guest
    That could be the case. I think it was good of her to take on her friend but like you said she had to be fragile.

I love your avi molly BTW.

lisalouver Guest

Journal of Jodi Huisentruit mailed to newspaper

http://www.kare11.com/news/news_arti...515920&catid=2

Ok, well this is strange.

I have followed this case since it happened.

It would be something else if it turns out to be a crack in the case.

Wow, 13 years later. How would someone get a copy of that? Or why would they have made one, and apparently before they marked it for the case files? That is really odd.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Luanne View Post
    Wow, 13 years later. How would someone get a copy of that? Or why would they have made one, and apparently before they marked it for the case files? That is really odd.
    It really is strange.

I know that killers sometimes mail personal effects of their victims to the newspapers (BTK & Zodiac come to mind offhand) but the journal was seized after Jodi went missing. As already pointed out, the copies the police made were marked and this one is not.

It is troubling for sure.

I have followed this case since I saw it way back on Unsolved Mysteries. The strange part to me was there seemed to be no struggle, no screams and I think her car was there with the car door open. It was if she trusted the one who took her.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

lisalouver Guest
    Jodi was from my state of Minnesota and was (is) the same age as I.

Here is the site they run for her. No updates on it about the journal yet, but there is information on there about the dingaling that tried to say she saw Jodi killed. The woman pled guilty last year to making up the story.

http://www.findjodi.com/

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
    I have followed this case since I saw it way back on Unsolved Mysteries. The strange part to me was there seemed to be no struggle, no screams and I think her car was there with the car door open. It was if she trusted the one who took her.
    Her car keys along with other misc items were found scattered in the parking lot next to her car. It appeared as though she was caught off guard while getting into her car for work that morning.

Lisamarie Guest
    I wonder why it was sent and what was in the journal..remeber there was all that talk about the guy she had been seeing I think and she cut it off or something Im not sure but he had named his boat or something after her so it makes me wonder if perhaps it could have been some personal stuff about there relationship or something along that nature like maybe something about her being scared of him or something.

Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    Her car keys along with other misc items were found scattered in the parking lot next to her car. It appeared as though she was caught off guard while getting into her car for work that morning.

Aaaah, I wasn't aware of that or at least I don't remember it now.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

Lisamarie Guest
    [SIZE=2]
    The last person to see Jodi alive was her close acquaintance, John VanSice. He was a man 20 years her senior that hung around with Jodi and other young women. He had a boat and named the boat “Jodi”. Relatives and friends discount the theory that there was more than a casual relationship between VanSice and Jodi. VanSice has been interviewed several times by police as well as taking a lie detector test which he claimed he passed. Since the disappearance of Jodi Huisentruit, VanSice moved to Phoenix, Arizona. He lives in a single story home on the west side of the city and works in the landscaping business. We have repeatedly tried to contact VanSice and our calls went un answered.
    [/SIZE]

Lisamarie Guest
    he always struck me as odd.....dunno....but I think the fact he named his boat after her is telling of how he must have felt for her and he was the last person to see her alive.....

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post
    I wonder why it was sent and what was in the journal..remeber there was all that talk about the guy she had been seeing I think and she cut it off or something Im not sure but he had named his boat or something after her so it makes me wonder if perhaps it could have been some personal stuff about there relationship or something along that nature like maybe something about her being scared of him or something.
    Yea, the guy you are talking about was the one with her the night before she disappeared. He was about 20 years older than she was. He did name the boat after her and moved to the West Coast after her disappearance and has refused to talk about it since. He must be at least 60 now.

Makes ya wonder?

Lisamarie Guest
    I wonder ho much blood was found ...they said it indicated a struggle for her life which makes me think she must have been hit or something along that nature. They never say if the palm print matched her friend?? I guess not Im supposing they would mention that.

lisalouver Guest
    LOL - you and I were typing at the same time!

lisalouver Guest
    I wonder ho much blood was found ...they said it indicated a struggle for her life which makes me think she must have been hit or something along that nature. They never say if the palm print matched her friend?? I guess not Im supposing they would mention that.
    I'm not sure but I think the palm print was either inconclusive or unable to match to anyone.

I wonder what happened to her car?

Lisamarie Guest
    I think the not wanting to talk about it is suspect dont you?? If my good freind went missing one I had been the last person to see her alive I would wnat to help in every way possible.I would have a web site or something ya know ....

Lisamarie Guest
    I have always wondered that as well....the thing is nothing was wrong with it so they most likley sold it or something Im not sure ...can you imagine the carry over that car has!!!!

lisalouver Guest
    I think the not wanting to talk about it is suspect dont you?? If my good freind went missing one I had been the last person to see her alive I would wnat to help in every way possible.I would have a web site or something ya know ....
    I think it raises eyebrows yea. All her other friends could not help enough to do everything they could when Jodi went missing.

I could be wrong but I think he refused a polygraph.

lisalouver Guest
    I have always wondered that as well....the thing is nothing was wrong with it so they most likley sold it or something Im not sure ...can you imagine the carry over that car has!!!!
    Her family still lives here, I believe.

I wonder if they brought it back here?

Lita Guest
    Minnesota seems to be a magnet for this type of crime. They seem to have an abudence of abducted people. One case that immediately pops into my mind is Jacob Wetterling. I haven't heard of Jodi Huisentruit--oh wait a minute. I remember this case! It was right after we moved from MN to Idaho. Holy crap, I hope they find out who mailed it and why, like if it is a fake or something. Crazy!

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lita View Post
    Minnesota seems to be a magnet for this type of crime. They seem to have an abudence of abducted people. One case that immediately pops into my mind is Jacob Wetterling. I haven't heard of Jodi Huisentruit--oh wait a minute. I remember this case! It was right after we moved from MN to Idaho. Holy crap, I hope they find out who mailed it and why, like if it is a fake or something. Crazy!
    Yea, the Wetterling thing is peculiar, but I believe it to be related to the Johnny Gosch case in Iowa.

Jodi was from MN, but was abducted from Mason City, Iowa which is not far across the border. BTW, it is the next town over from Clear Lake, Iowa where Buddy Holly perished in 1959.

The journal is authentic, it is Jodi's. The question is where did it come from and why?

mrnorrischangestrains Guest
    I thought I'd be alone in thinking that the parents were somehow responsible but glad to see that's not the case. I'm with the her-mother-sedated-her-and-it-went-wrong camp. And yeah, who the hell leaves their kids alone in the first place? There *is* something weird about the parents, something I can't put my finger on, cold and then some. This whole traveling-around-the-world to make money is all wrong. It's as if they were trying to erase their guilt or play the part that's expected of them. Yes, that's what's wrong about the parents, they're playing a role. Either way, it's pretty sick. Leaving your kids alone is just wrong. And then, assuming they killed her even if by accident, going around the world, that's just mind-boggling. Looks like the compassion and empathy is totally missing from both parents. Either that or one of them is holding the other to it with some secret the other one doesn't want divulged.

Lisamarie Guest
    is it a copy?? I thought I had read its a copy of the original that was taken into police eveidence???

lisalouver Guest
    is it a copy?? I thought I had read its a copy of the original that was taken into police eveidence???
    It is a copy of the one taken into evidence after she disappeared, yes.

The strange thing is that the only copies made were made by the investigators and they were all marked. This one is not marked.

So where did it come from?

And why mail it to the newspaper?

I don't know if we will ever see a conclusion to this case unless Maddie's body is found. I strongly feel that the mother got angry with her and did something to her that resulted in her death. Something has never added up in this case....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

NOVSTORM Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    Yea, the Wetterling thing is peculiar, but I believe it to be related to the Johnny Gosch case in Iowa.

Jodi was from MN, but was abducted from Mason City, Iowa which is not far across the border. BTW, it is the next town over from Clear Lake, Iowa where Buddy Holly perished in 1959.

The journal is authentic, it is Jodi's. The question is where did it come from and why?
    Someone is maybe trying to getthem to read this for a reason .Maybe they missed something? This could have just been a random act or someone who saw her on Tv ? If they had a copy of that journal it was either made by the killer who somehow had access to it and made the copy or someone from the police dept and it would have to be someone who has access to the evidence room.

darlingdawn Guest
    Is it possible that this is all a scam put on by the parents? I would be looking back into their financial records and see if they were having any financial trouble prior to the "abduction" as they seem to be profiting from it now. It would be wonderful to find out this is the case and that she is "found" safe.

mrnorrischangestrains Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by darlingdawn View Post
    Is it possible that this is all a scam put on by the parents? I would be looking back into their financial records and see if they were having any financial trouble prior to the "abduction" as they seem to be profiting from it now. It would be wonderful to find out this is the case and that she is "found" safe.
    I love that idea. And you know what? You might be right.

NOVSTORM Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pogobean View Post
    not gonna be popular for saying this but I reckon Maddie is dead, gut feeling! sorry all! Don't honestly know.....sorry.....my instinct tells me this
    I think she is dead too but I dont think for a moment her parents killed her.

NOVSTORM Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    I don't know if we will ever see a conclusion to this case unless Maddie's body is found. I strongly feel that the mother got angry with her and did something to her that resulted in her death. Something has never added up in this case....
    They accused the parents of the littlegirl in San Diego too, and Job Bennets parents. WHen all else fails blame the parents. I think the cops need to start looking in many directions instead of honing in on the parents and then the person that is guikty has time to get away.
    My friends in Paradise Ca had their son taken from their front yard on new years eve. This is a small town. They live in the wooded cul de sac.
    Mom making dinner and step Dad watching TV. They had lie detector tests BEFORE these cops even LOOKED for this kid. They grilled them like they were Ted Bundy. O after all of that they did a neighborhood search.
    Not adoor to door because if they had they would have found this 7 yr old boy. They did find a dog up inthe mountains that had been washed and groomed. This dog belonged to a man who had paid particular attention the day it happend and came over to pray with my friends. The thing is he had moved in the middle of the night and turned that dog loose so people would not notice them. They never found this kid. He has to be in his 20's now. Danny played with that dog but the cops were so intent on sticking the balme on the parents that they poo pooed it.
    SO when people start in that it is the parents right away because the cops fucked up? These people are guilty of NOT having a baby sitter and leaving those kids alone but it was a thing that many of the parents did. These people were not covering for them , it is what they did. WHen we went to our cabin in WI, the kids were young and were in bed and stupid us would run over to the lodge to have a beer . Almost everyone up there did that. No phones so one of us would pop in and out and make sure they were ok. It would have been a perfect set up for someone who had been watching what the people there did., They could have been in and out with one of those kids and been long gone by the time we could have gotten help. We figured the kids were safe there.
    Until they start changing the way they do investigations for missing kids
    and start looking at all possibilities we are not going to find these kids.
    There should be a search party and an Amber alert put out immediately (this Amber allert is great now in CA) and keep one cop there to question the parents and get on with looking for the kids.
    By the way, these people had no money problems, no history of ever abusing their kids, neither did Jon Benetts parents yet they wanted to dig up Jon's father first daughter, tried to get her friends to say he molested his kid before she died, because the cops fucked that up royally. They admitted they went for the parents immediately. Why? As the samewith this little girls parents. They were wealthy. SO if your child disappears and you have some money hangon to your hats because the public and the cops blame you immediately.
    We all do stupid things with our kids. These people paid the ultimate price.

NOVSTORM Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmermie View Post
    I agree with you that the children might have been sedated, kind of a common practice amongst some parents. But I disagree about the children waking up without having been sedated, even when picked up by a stranger. My daughter could sleep through a bomb going off, especially when she was little. Just recently, someone came up with a smoke alarm that uses a mother's voice to wake a child rather than the standard sound, as most kids (oddly enough) will sleep right through the normal amazingly loud alarm sound.

There was a great program, 20/20 or Nightline, where they did a rather thorough investigation of the idea that little Maddie was abducted. Conclusion was that if the parents were actually sitting at the restaurant, they would not have been able to see the door at all and would not have been able to see their daughter being abducted. I think at the very least these parents should be prosecuted for negligence of leaving their three little ones (all under 5 years old!) alone for even a few minutes.

Anyway, with this new evidence coming through, I say if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...
    They did blood tests on the other 2 they were not sedated.
    You could steal my kids beds with them in it they sleep so hard.

The parents are not involved - I have no doubt about this. They should not have left their children alone, but they know this, and live with it every day.

Madeleine was kidnapped. I don't want to think why. I feel so sorry for any parent who loses a child in any way. It's a fear that all parents live with - their child going missing!

lisalouver Guest

Update

Update from my local newspaper:

http://www.twincities.com/allheadlines/ci_9684083

Sounds like they know who it is and why they mailed it. Obviously, it was not the killer. I wonder why this person did it?

I will be interested in hearing who and why.

Did you see this comment on the original KARE11 link posted?

shadow58 wrote:
    Jodi Sue Huisentruit was murdered by Keith Dwayne Nelson Federal Inmate Number: 07440-031 Terre Haute Indiana United States Penitentiary Jodi's remains were recovered in Stearns County Minnesota in 1996 and were sent to the St. Cloud Hospital Morgue the same year. Jodi's remains have been there ever since. The Kansas City Police Department recovered the clothing of Jodi Huisentruit and Jodi's gold ring with diamonds in 1999. Nelson's van and Jodi's personal effects are in the Kansas state crime lab. They also have the clothing and personal effects of Julie Holmquist of Hallock, Minnesota. The Stearns County Sheriff has a check book in the name of Jodi S. Huisentruit Mason City, Iowa. Nelson's fingerprints and handwriting are on two of Jodi's checks. Nelson's left hand will MATCH the partial palm print found on Jodi's car.
    6/24/2008 9:36 CDT on kare11.com

Lisa, do you know anything about this? Is it just some crackpot? They seem to know a lot. I'll have to look up this Keith Dwayne Nelson when I have time.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    Did you see this comment on the original KARE11 link posted?

shadow58 wrote:
    Jodi Sue Huisentruit was murdered by Keith Dwayne Nelson Federal Inmate Number: 07440-031 Terre Haute Indiana United States Penitentiary Jodi's remains were recovered in Stearns County Minnesota in 1996 and were sent to the St. Cloud Hospital Morgue the same year. Jodi's remains have been there ever since. The Kansas City Police Department recovered the clothing of Jodi Huisentruit and Jodi's gold ring with diamonds in 1999. Nelson's van and Jodi's personal effects are in the Kansas state crime lab. They also have the clothing and personal effects of Julie Holmquist of Hallock, Minnesota. The Stearns County Sheriff has a check book in the name of Jodi S. Huisentruit Mason City, Iowa. Nelson's fingerprints and handwriting are on two of Jodi's checks. Nelson's left hand will MATCH the partial palm print found on Jodi's car.
    6/24/2008 9:36 CDT on kare11.com

Lisa, do you know anything about this? Is it just some crackpot? They seem to know a lot. I'll have to look up this Keith Dwayne Nelson when I have time.
    It's a crackpot. This guy has been around on the message boards for a while.

The Ramsey County Medical Examiners Office conducts all autopsies for Stearns County. There is no way a body would still be sitting at a freaking HOSPITAL morgue! And a missing person to boot?!

LOL on Jodi's message board they claim this guy lives in his mothers basement and is a fruit loop!

Here is another one of his postings under his other name - same info. What a nut! He appears to be posting from Eveleth, MN. Watch him show up here next.

http://mylifeofcrime.wordpress.com/2...mason-city-ia/
    Last edited by lisalouver; 06-24-2008 at 01:28 PM. Reason: to add a link

Lisamarie Guest
    Okay so someone who at some point had access to evidence room made a copy of her diary waited all this time and sent it out....the police say they know who and why but will not say anymore??? Could it be they missed something...feelings of distrust?? Talk of her feeling she was being watched ??? I cant understand if they know who and why they will not tell the public??? Maybe to reopen the case???

lisalouver Guest
    Okay so someone who at some point had access to evidence room made a copy of her diary waited all this time and sent it out....the police say they know who and why but will not say anymore??? Could it be they missed something...feelings of distrust?? Talk of her feeling she was being watched ??? I cant understand if they know who and why they will not tell the public??? Maybe to reopen the case???
    I know. It does not make any sense. Maybe the person who made the copy and sent it wants the newspaper to put out the info of what is in it?

Lisamarie Guest
    I wonder as well and cany help but to ask myself did these police do enough in her investgation......in other news....I wonder what happeend to her apartment?? Is it still there?? Can you imagine renting her old place.....I myself would love it!!! I would be like this is the shower she took her last shower in!!!!!!