Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: What're You Doing Right Now?

LOL Ria, there you go glad you have the weekend off, Synny, I am glad you made it. I haven't seen Arkansas since I was 23 and in 1996
    Last edited by pkstracy; 12-09-2023 at 07:27 AM.

Work better not call me. I’m having cup number one of coffee spiked liberally with butterscotch Schnapps. I have a few household chores that I need to do, fold laundry and take out the trash. After that….I have a bottle of Bacardi in the freezer calling my name. 12 days with only one day off meant this tiny terror was too tired to even drink.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

hugs ria

Hugs back. They didn’t call me over the weekend but did try to call me last night. I’d worked 9-5 with no break, had been home all of an hour, and got a call asking me to go back and close. I said an emphatic NO.

Exhausted tonight. 9-4:30 with no break today. Ran errands after work, had to get some new boxers and a few groceries. Right now I’m watching Grey’s Anatomy and checking the forums, but I’m about to get in the shower before bed.

"I just go here!"

It's against the law to work you without a break, that many hours...they can get into hella trouble. I am sorry they are running you like that, not cool, Right now admining, and about to go make dinner.

I ended up with free food both days. We just didn’t have anyone who could cover and I refuse to leave one person alone front of house. I did get called in today for four hours. I got there and GM took me home after. I’m off tomorrow, work 3 days, and get a five day paid vacation. Which I’m hoping to spend ONE day taking a day trip to KC to see my kids and grandkids. It depends on my roomie’s schedule as she’s offered to take me.

"I just go here!"

Dang, Ria!! I'm so sorry you've been working so hard lately. I hope and pray that things will slow down for you soon.

Me? I'm sitting here listening to the 12-CD set, "The Complete Byrds Collection" (I'm a big fan of the late Clarence White so....I'm listening to what I term "the 1969-1971 Clarence White Era Byrds". ) I'm also a big, big fan of Stevie Ray Vaughan and I very much want to get the "Stevie Ray Vaughan And Double Trouble - Complete Epic Recording Collection [CD]" - but, unfortunately, that will have to wait until after Christmas.
    "Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's Heaven on Earth" - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    Dang, Ria!! I'm so sorry you've been working so hard lately. I hope and pray that things will slow down for you soon.
    Thank you, Tony. It did quiet down for me some on Wednesday. One girl was scheduled at 11 and our other trainer was scheduled at 12. The trainer got there first. The girl was well over an hour late, and was supposed to stay till 5 to make up for it. Nope. She had to leave at 3:30. Which forced me to stay late. Luckily it was grocery store day after work which means I Uber home anyway, but still. It was annoying. She wants to be a trainer, too, but is always late and always wants to go home early. Trainers must work a minimum of 30 hours a week. She’s not getting that.

Yesterday started my vacation. I had errands to run yesterday morning, then came home and started relaxing. I’ve spent time so far watching Greys Anatomy, napping, and cuddling kitties. Ordered more alcohol on DoorDash, they had a code to save I think it was 30% when you spend $35. So I surprised my roommate with a bottle of one of her favorite bottles of vodka, New Amsterdam passion fruit.

Did finish my Christmas shopping. Got my grandsons what they wanted, light sabers. Their parents will not be thrilled with me. ROFL. But Abuela (“Grandma”) is my name and spoiling is my game. Picked up a unicorn colored Starbucks coffee mug for now-grown Miss E, a Mizzou blanket for Schmoo, and got a sloth stuffie on the way today from Amazon for my roommate.

"I just go here!"

Lounging around. About to get up and get brunch started. Got to do laundry and trash today. Should have done it yesterday but it was too cold to go outside. My laundry room is across the complex. Yesterday I did nothing but visit with a friend and it was glorious. Tomorrow it’s back to work, weekends are my only time off.

"I just go here!"

Doing absolutely nothing. Laid around all morning, got up and made bacon and eggs with coffee and followed the gay agenda by brunching. LOL! I have been watching TV all afternoon. First Pitch Perfect 2, now Billy Madison. After this week I needed to relax, and you can read about the fundraiser fiasco in the vent thread.

"I just go here!"

Just checking in before taking more time off. Due to personal reasons I won't be around much for awhile.

Checking in. Been relaxing today. Took a day trip into KC yesterday with a friend to pick up another friend from the airport. Stopped at Whataburger on the way back because of the three of us, two of us had never been. It’s me. I’m one of the two who had never been. I got the burger with avocado on it because I love avocado. I was not disappointed. Probably should have posted about Whataburger in the What’s For Dinner thread. Finally got rid of a headache that I now realize was because I hadn’t had my usual two cups of coffee. Downed a Diet Coke and that fixed it.

"I just go here!"

Lying in bed, not feeling well, alternating between watching TV, reading, and playing on my phone. Slept most of yesterday and all night last night.

"I just go here!"

Hubs and i are sitting around the living room watching tv and asking each other what we want to do…
    Missing my Pa every day. RIP Daddy ❤️♥️

“Get drunk and sing Elvira”

trying to figure out what to make for dinner, as hubby didn't go to the store before going to his voice lessons...

Still in shock. Thursday my sister got hold of me. She’s Mom’s power of attorney and the executor of her estate. Sis and I were Mom’s only named beneficiaries. My dad had amassed a small fortune in the stock market, and when he passed he left it to my mom. Who cashed it out and put the money in savings. There’s someone overseeing the money right now, and helping Sis tie up all loose ends and pay Mom’s final bills, and there’s a lawyer in charge of everything making sure everything is done legally.

I am going to have to go back home to meet with them, but it will only be a day trip. My ex-wifey-to-be and I are still best friends and she’s going to take me. I don’t know if I’ll come home with a check or if that will be mailed or direct-deposited into my account or not. Sis still isn’t happy about what she calls “my choice to live the gay lifestyle,” but because there’s a lawyer in charge of everything she legally can’t take more than her portion.

When I talked to my boss about it yesterday morning, taking a day off preferably a Monday because Bestie is off on Mondays, I think he was worried I’d come into enough money that I’d quit on him. (He always tells me, “You don’t get paroled that easy!”) I said no, just the one day, possibly two, and asked if I could go in the night before for an hour or two and get the prep done that I usually do every morning so my replacement doesn’t have to worry about it.

Even if it’s millions, I’ll still go to work. I may arrive and depart in a chauffeured limousine, but I’ll be there, I joked. All joking aside I say I look forward to retirement in fifteen or twenty years, but I’d die of boredom. I have to work.

"I just go here!"

Crocheting. Working on a summer sweater (hubby thinks it’s so funny when i call it that); my mother and i saw one in the store that i thought was adorable, but they wanted $30. Mother bought it, I decided to try and make one. I’m almost finished (half done with the second sleeve, and then just finishing touches), and i think it looks like it’s gonna be pretty awesome.
    Stoped working on it because i need to get myself and the dog (the old one, not the baby) ready to go for a ride. He has to go to the vet for blood work. He’s 13 and just started thyroid medication.

Right now I’m still in shock. The person in charge of my mom’s estate got hold of me today after playing phone tag yesterday. We were able to settle everything over the phone. I’m not going to go in detail about figures, but it’s a lot. She’s going to set up a checking account for me, and mail everything to me as well as paperwork to sign and mail back. My sister told me I’d have to go home and meet with the person, but it turns out I don’t have to. Which saves me (and my friend) a three-hour drive one way. I’m not going to quit work. I would earn my own thread here by way of boredom if I did that.

I AM going to get back into my scrapbooking and crafting though. I’ve missed it. I did look at two-bedroom apartments just so I could have a craft room, but decided to just stay where I’m at. I can’t beat the low rent I pay here, and I’ll just turn half my living room into a craft room. Plus I loathe moving with a white hot burning passion. And I can’t guarantee I’ll get a lower level apartment like the one I’m in. So next move I make will be to a retirement complex in ten or twenty years or so.

"I just go here!"

Re-decorating my place one room at a time. Going for minimalist, cleaning out closets and drawers keeping only the essentials. So far it is wonderful because I know where everything is! No clutter, less is more. Going for light and airy and easy to clean which is great as I get older.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Went into town this morning. Hubs had something to do at work that is easier to do on a weekend when there are less people working. Then we did some shopping. We are about 30 minutes between two towns that we can do errands in. One is 30 minutes south the other is 30 minutes north. Hubs works south. My Mom’s Mom (who died before i was born) is buried in the north town. Sometime this week i have to go north to pick up meds for the dog, so I want to paint a rock and bring in to her. My mom and her sisters were all young (my mom is in the middle and she was 18) when their mom died and they really didn’t have the money for anything so she doesn't have a headstone. I’m well aware that the cemetery will probably move it as soon as the see it, but at least she’ll have it for a little while

Right now we are chilling. I’m tired today for some reason…