Thread: Ray Liotta

Ray Liotta

https://www.tmz.com/2022/05/26/ray-l...Y3P3BRitpMFWnM

(Just in case 3 other people are starting a thread, I SWEAR I did a search.)
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

You're in the clear.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I remember him as Joey Perrini on the soap opera Another World, Rest in Peace Ray a real Good guy from my home state NJ

It saddens me when someone that is the same age as me passes away, not that young and not that old. We are 7 days apart. A fantastic actor and by all accounts a really good guy. RIP Ray.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

He was in 2 of my top all time favorite moves. Goodfella's and Field of Dreams. I stop and watch both whenever on.

What a sad day. Huge fan. And he stayed busy making movies his whole career right up to the end (and beyond).

One of my alltime favorite roles, as "Figgsy" in Copland:

Quote Originally Posted by john*thomas View Post
    He was in 2 of my top all time favorite moves. Goodfella's and Field of Dreams. I stop and watch both whenever on.
    Sad to hear about his death, also I agree with both movies.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

This is sad .Only 67 , not old ,with loads of good acting parts still in him .You can't miss those killer sexy eyes - he was amazing in Goodfella's .

damn, I am going to guess heartattack

cyberslammer Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy;[URL="tel:1567995"
    1567995[/URL]]damn, I am going to guess heartattack
    Probably vaccinated…many such cases.

He didn't look too good in the pics of him a few days before .Seemed to be struggling .No idea what could have killed him .

Quote Originally Posted by artymorty View Post
    He didn't look too good in the pics of him a few days before .Seemed to be struggling .No idea what could have killed him .
    Very true, I agree with this. To me 67 is a very young age to die.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberslammer View Post
    Probably vaccinated…many such cases.
    You have been warned many times about this, now move along, again the vaccine has nothing to do with his death or anyone's death, stop stirring up drama and posting false information. This is your verbal warning.
    Last edited by pkstracy; 05-30-2022 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    You have been warned many times about this, now move along, again the vaccine has nothing to do with his death or anyone's death, stop stirring up drama and posting false information. This is your verbal warning.
    What about Tuberculosis. stuff?

One of the films he was in that not many talk about was Corrina Corrina. It was set in the late 50s and he played a widower who hired an housekeeper (Whoopi Goldberg) to care for his daughter. My aunt had a thing for him at the time and worked in the local video shop so I ended up seeing it a lot. It didn't do too well and had mixed reviews but in my opinion, it's a hidden gem and if you have the chance to watch it, you should give it a go.

Something else that isn't talked about much anymore is he was one of the first big actors to do voice overs when he did Tommy Vercetti in GTA : Vice City. Afterwards, there was a bit of bad blood between him and the company due to how little he got paid against how much they made (Something over VO artists have complained about) but many were holding out hope that one day, some agreement could be made so we could hear Tommy one more time. It sucks to know that will never happen now.

ShellC, I loved Corrina Corrina. It was a good movie, not one of his popular ones..but a good one.

I have at least 15 of his movies in my collection. I saw three of them over the weekend: Killing Them Softly, Goodfellas, and Dominick & Eugene...

Great actor. RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    ShellC, I loved Corrina Corrina. It was a good movie, not one of his popular ones..but a good one.
    That was the good thing about my aunt working in a video store. You were allowed to play films on the TV but it had to be PG/U and new releases. Corrina Corrina was just one of many I wouldn't have bothered about otherwise but am now glad I got to see.

There's a great NPR interview with him from 2016. Just go to NPR.org, and search Ray Liotta.

One of my favorite actors. Very sorry he has gone.
    Shoeless Joe
    Henry Hill
    Meemaw's bookie.

So no word yet as to his cause of death???

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    So no word yet as to his cause of death???
    Nothing firm. Rumors have it that he died from the Covid vaccine.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Nothing firm. Rumors have it that he died from the Covid vaccine.
    I found a fact checker site that claims the covid thing is bs. His publicist did an interview and said his cause of death is known and it has nothing to do with the vaccine but for some reason, it hasn't been made public yet.

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...id-19-vaccine/

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    I found a fact checker site that claims the covid thing is bs. His publicist did an interview and said his cause of death is known and it has nothing to do with the vaccine but for some reason, it hasn't been made public yet.

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...id-19-vaccine/
    Yeah, I figured. I used to love me some conspiracy theories, now not so much.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

handsome and talented RIP

Still waiting on his cause of death...

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Still waiting on his cause of death...
    As far as I am aware, the family don't want it out there. When he passed, the usual 'It was the Covid jab' crowd came out. Not long after, a spokeswoman for the family put out a statement.

'The family has not released the cause of death yet, but I do know the cause, and (it) has nothing to do with COVID or the vaccine.'

There was a rumour going around that it was SADS but unless it is leaked or the family finally decide it's time to tell then I guess we won't be finding out anytime soon.

His COD has finally been revealed according to TMZ. It was respiratory insufficiency, pulmonary edema (fluid in the lungs) and acute heart failure. He also suffered from atherosclerosis which is a thickening of arteries which can lead to other health issues including diabetes.

https://www.tmz.com/2023/05/08/ray-l...ican-republic/