Thread: David Birney

David Birney

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainmen...ause-of-death/

Died at age 83 after battling Alzheimer's.

Bridget Loves Bernie, but after quite a long marriage that produced three children (1974 to 1989) Meredith Baxter no longer loved David and got a divorce. In 2011, she claimed that Birney emotionally and physically abused her during their marriage. Birney published a lengthy statement on his website disputing the allegations made by his ex-wife.

https://people.com/celebrity/david-b...redith-baxter/

This hairpiece looks almost as bad as the ones worn by Burt Reynolds......

Meredith's mom was Whitney Blake, perhaps best known as Mrs. Baxter on Hazel.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave62 View Post
    <snip>Meredith's mom was Whitney Blake, perhaps best known as Mrs. Baxter on Hazel.
    And somewhat lesser known as the creator of the series "One Day at a Time," inspired by her own divorce and 'starting over.' Birney was an adaptation of the "Martian Chronicles" story "The Earthmen" on "The Ray Bradbury Theater." He had a really hard time convincing the Martians that he was actually an Earth man, and not a mentally ill Martian.

Sorry to hear this. I watched Bridget loves Birney religiously back in the day and cought Hazel here and there. Thanks for sharing these bits of enfor, guys! RIP, sir.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Either way, it is sad. We will never know for sure what happens in people’s personal lives. David was quite good at playing villains and such on Murder, She Wrote.

So he was a Romulan, looks like either NexGen or DS Nine. I will have to look him up. I do remember when Meredith Baxter-Birney became just Meredith Baxter but I did not know the details.
    Pecunia Loquitur Taurus Cacas Ambulat

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Sorry to hear this. I watched Bridget loves Birney religiously back in the day and cought Hazel here and there. Thanks for sharing these bits of enfor, guys! RIP, sir.
    Also sorry to hear about this, I too remember the American sitcom Bridget loves Birney.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.