Thread: Ronnie Spector, 78

RIP.

This year has been BRUTAL and it is not even quite two weeks in. Rest in peace, Ronnie Spector. Loved your appearance in Eddie Money's "Take Me Home Tonight".

Quote Originally Posted by ShyLurker View Post
    This year has been BRUTAL and it is not even quite two weeks in. Rest in peace, Ronnie Spector. Loved your appearance in Eddie Money's "Take Me Home Tonight".
    Thank you, for saying all this I so agree.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

One of the great singers and girls groups of all time. When they called them the fabulous Ronettes they were not kidding. They were and always will be. RIP Ronnie.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	51KI8mMgOAL.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	117.0 KB 
ID:	55336
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Loved her work with the Ronettes. Just listened to the Phil Spector Christmas album over the holidays and the songs she did with them then. I also really like her version of "Don't Worry Baby" - the Beach Boys song. Brian Wilson had written it for her and the Ronettes to record, but Phil wouldn't allow it. She ended up recording it in the 1980's, (thanks to Joey Ramone of the Ramones). I remember the scene from the documentary "The Mayor of Sunset Strip" when Rodney Bingenhelmer played it during his radio show for Brian Wilson. It was the first time Brian ever heard it and had no idea she had recorded it! The look on his face. He was so happy.

It is hard to imagine her at age seventy-eight. She was sexy,