Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Film and TV remakes of old TV shows

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PvN73 View Post
    I personally would fly over to LA and start picketing the set if they DARE to redo that MASTERPIECE. It was perfection.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_9sB92dJzM
    Here's my fave

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAWg_EiPuWE

PvN73 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    that was great! I love just love the dance scene

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWtK5EFtzqg&NR=1

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PvN73 View Post
    that was great! I love just love the dance scene

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWtK5EFtzqg&NR=1
    Aw I love that one too. Now I need to go watch this movie.

PvN73 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    Aw I love that one too. Now I need to go watch this movie.

Me too! maybe the trilogy this weekend! ohhhhh sweet

Ms. Black Guest
    Eventually, Hollywood will probably remake every movie that was even remotely good. Then they'll have to remake the remake and then "reimagine" the remake and redo that! It's absolutely insane.

Quote Originally Posted by kandykisses View Post
    Johnny Depp was in Platoon. Why did I miss the memo on this info. Now I have to sit through that sad movie just to see Johnny.

I'm surprised you missed him. He was the interpreter.

RIP Heath Ledger 1979-2008
    Last edited by suzycreamcheese1; 06-20-2012 at 03:34 PM.

Danny62 Guest

New "Lets Make a deal" and "Rockford Files"

Man I hate it because TV is so bland these days they have to get classic TV shows ane remake them and ruin them!!!

Todays writers and actors can't do justice to stuff like this!! Network TV just plain sucks!!!!!!!

I heard alot of other remakes are on the way!!!!

guardmom2008 Guest
    I agree, they can never remake a classic. The movies that they tried to remake are mostly flops. I guess this is what the networks do when they run out of ideas.

A new Rockford Files? Blasphemy!
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

hoxharding Guest
    Rockford Files-remake?
    sheesh

ChargerBill Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hoxharding View Post
    Rockford Files-remake?
    sheesh
    I'd watch if Garner played Rocky

ZoeAnne Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ChargerBill View Post
    I'd watch if Garner played Rocky
    I might too.....depending on who they got for Rockford.....Love James Garner!!!!

Snoopy Guest
    No one can replace James Garner as Jim Rockford! but I admit him taking the roll of Rocky would be interesting..they would have to get someone perfect for Rockford though!

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    My thoughts exactly!

No Garner, no Files.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Somewhere twixt San Antonio & Corpus Christi
    What he said. No Garner...no Rockfish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

American Progress

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    ...but even more importantly, no Monty Hall--no "Let's Make a Deal."

How about some "New Ideas!"
    I'd rather watch the old shows than crappy remakes.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

No to the remake of Rockford Files! It's a classic and they need to leave it alone. No one can replace James Garner.

As for Let's Make a Deal...that would be okay. We need more game shows and less talk shows. I guess Wayne Brady will be the host and Monty Hall is a consultant of sorts with the show. We'll see....
    "Dying is just nature's way of saying, hey, you're not alive anymore!"

I would love to see a new Let's Make A Deal. I watched it when I was a kid. Maybe they could get Carol Merrill back.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

Man, the wife and I love us some Rockford files. I think it's become our favorite show of all time. I don't know that I could stomach someone trying to take his place. He set the bar to high and I don't think it can be duplicated.

Jack'sGirl Guest
    How the hell do you step in James Garner's shoes?

You can't. That's the problem.

I smell disaster on the horizon. Like with the Bionic woman, Knight Rider, etc.

I loved Let's Make a Deal, but I can't imagine it would fit in today's TV, not to mention that I agree with Jack, you can't replace Monte Hall.

TV has just gotten absurd as of late. They try to duplicate old stuff and fail, and when they come up with something entirely new and refreshing, like Pushing Daisies, they cancel the damned thing.

radiojane Guest
    The Rockford Files is my all time FAVORITE, and I seriously want to have James Garner's love child (yes... another FAD member with an odd celeb obession, surprise surprise). There wouldn't be any way to remake Rockford... it was unique, and awesome.

Can you imagine the ego of the actor involved? 'Sure, I think I'm just awesome enough to be the next Rockford'

Puleeeze!!!

WORD!

My mom first discovered the show like 2 years ago! You can't JUST remake shows like that...what the hell are those nutjobs thinking?!?!?

Knight Rider got CANCELLED for a reason ya know...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here one day, Gone one night, Gone too soon...
    Missing you forever...

Snoopy Guest
    Remember The Night Stalker?..failed miserably..there is only one Kolchak..Darren MacGavin! why do they even bother?

SenorMuerto Guest
    I've often thought the day was going to come when "The Rockford Files" would be redone. It was So well written and SO well performed and SO well loved that some Hollywood moron would think "Hey..."

This time, the Hollywood moron is Steve Carell. His production company has hooked-up with Universal for the Rockford re-do.

To me, it's ironic that Carell, who stars in a re-do("The Office")would choose a re-do for his production company.

Nobody can step into Jim Garner's shoes. Hi IS Jim Rockford, as well as one of the best actors of all time.

Who could replace Stuart Margolin as Angel? And Noah Berry, Jr. as Rocky?

I can't even think of who could replace Joe Santos as Dennis Becker and Gretchen Corbett as Beth Davenport.

"The Rockford Files" is just about my favorite show of all time. It clicked on all cylinders every episode. I just don't see how this is gonna work.

Why don't they just go ahead and remake "Columbo" while they're at it.

Nelliebean Guest
    Damn straight! There's only one James Garner.

I've had The Rockford Files on DVR since discovering it on RTV a couple months ago. I was just a kid when it originally aired and didn't get to watch, nor have I ever seen it in re-runs. So for me it is like viewing a new series and I've been having a ball.
    I can't stand Steve Carell so it isn't likely that I would watch with him involved, not unless they brought James Garner on board to play Rocky.
    [Img][/img]
    "There are three things I've learned never to discuss
    with people: religion, politics and The Great Pumpkin."
    - Linus -
    It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown
    https://youtu.be/H2H0TfvNU3w

Vintage_Vixen Guest
    Steve Carell.....YUCK!! He is soooo not funny...plus he could never replace James Garner

radiojane Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Vintage_Vixen View Post
    Steve Carell.....YUCK!! He is soooo not funny...plus he could never replace James Garner
    I would pay good money to see Steve Carell get his ass handed to him by James Garner. This sounds like another mockery of a good show. It was funny the first ten thousand times, but now it's just annoying.

Maybe Noah Beery will haunt his ass and scare him out of it.

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Vintage_Vixen View Post
    I so agree this guy TRYS to be funny and comes across just plain obnoxious!! No one could do James Garner roll in the rockford files.

Quote Originally Posted by SenorMuerto View Post
    Why don't they just go ahead and remake "Columbo" while they're at it.
    That's BLASPHEMY too! There is only ONE Columbo and that man is Peter Falk, I LOVED watching those old movies on Saturday...he was awesome as Columbo!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here one day, Gone one night, Gone too soon...
    Missing you forever...

MoonRabbit Guest
    Someone tried making a new The Little Rascals movie?

The children although cute just didn't have it! The movie bored me to death.
    There was something so charming about the original cast. It was like these original "Rascals" children were
    filmed off the street in their natural setting. They were amazing!

MoonRabbit Guest
    I can't get enough of the RIFLEMAN or the original TV version of THE FUGITIVE.
    I love watching the old actors that show up in their films! Brings back great memories.
    Suspense Theater, Beverly Hillbillies, Alfred Hitchcock presents, The Twilight Zone....I love them all!

Bidmor Guest
    I brought this up in Celluloid Blasphemy thread...never occurred to me look for a thread of this subject...anyway, the tv re-boot of The Munsters...it's called "Mockingbird Lane" and as I understand, it's going to be a drama. What genius came with that idea?
    http://tv.yahoo.com/photos/mockingbi...339601029.html

On the other hand, the first two eps of TNT's "Dallas" captured the air of the original series...off to a fast and furious back stabbing start. Ep 3 starts in 50 minutes.

KarmaKat Guest
    I am interested to see how Mocking Bird Lane turns out. It has a great cast and could be quite interesting. Not sure on the drama angle but I for one will definately be giving it a go.

Bidmor Guest
    Third ep of the new "Dallas" aired last night on TNT and I like it...they've captured the air of the original series plus it's a little edgier but so far it's just right...good mix of the original players (primarily Hagman and Duffy) plus the sons of JR and Bobby. Even Ken Kercheval (Cliff Barnes) entered the story last night. I feel like I was back in my teens and the summer of "who shot JR?".

http://www.dallastnt.com/series/dall...eo/?oid=326024
    http://www.dallastnt.com/

lobosco107 Guest
    Worst TV remake of all-time: The Honeymooners with Cedric The Entertainer (the movie should never have been made)
    Best TV remake of all-time: The Fugitive with Harrison Ford

Reading these posts kinda surprised nobody had mentioned "The Simpsons Movie" but then again that wasn't excatly a "remake" . True the original voices were used and the movie was pretty much an extra long episode of The Simpsons but I still remember how so so so many folks were let down by this such as a lack of popular characters such as Marge's sisters, Otto the bus driver, Waylon Smithers, Edna Krabappel, Skinner......etc...now when I had said "lack of", yes they were in the movie but their scenes were so brief that they might as well not had been in it at all.

For years I had heard that Seth MacFarlane had plans on doing a Family Guy/Cleveland show motion picture but ever since The Simpsons Movie...haven't heard a peep about that one.

"Mockingbird Lane" sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. I cannot STAND Jerry O'Connell. He's SO obnoxious. He is right up there with Ashton Kutcher with me in the annoyingly NOT FUNNY department. Also, the girl playing Marilyn isn't attractive, so I don't know where they're going with that, either. Yuck!

Question Remakes You Would Like to Have Made

I am against remakes but I would like to see Twilight Zone the Movie, a movie with 'Tales from the Crypt' plots, although I love The Long Long Trailer and probably would not want to see it remade, it might be interesting to see a remake

what do you want to see remade?

Rebecca, and then with Timothy Dalton as Maxim De Winter. I would happily play the female lead.
    Some people just need a high five.... in the face.... with a chair...

pwem Guest
    Not a remake but a sequel.

Master and Commander with the same cast. They left it hanging with the scaliwag French sailing into the sunset.

pyt, please do a search before creating a new post.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I apologize. It will be the last time.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/7/2/15...os-development

I have always loved "The Jetsons"- But Live action sitcom? SMH...
    I really don't think this is going to work- Although, The only person I could see playing Mr Spacely is Danny Devito.
    Rosie Odonnell or Fran Drescher as Rosie-
    Otherwise, IMO there is no one that can even come close to the talent of yesteryear.
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 08-18-2017 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tiffsboys4 View Post
    Man, the wife and I love us some Rockford files. I think it's become our favorite show of all time. I don't know that I could stomach someone trying to take his place. He set the bar to high and I don't think it can be duplicated.
    So true, sometimes they should just let
    well enough alone.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    So true, sometimes they should just let
    well enough alone.
    They really should. I mean there are SO many amazing books they could buy the rights to for movies, series books for TV series...time for some new ideas instead of remaking the same stuff over and over.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

I'm holding out for the remake of My Mother The Car.
    It was a great career vehicle for Jerry Van Dyke.

I think it's safe to say that nobody will consider the new show to be a butchery of the old.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.