Thread: Eight Dead At Travis Scott Concert.

Eight Dead At Travis Scott Concert.

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- Eight people died Friday night and hundreds of others were injured during the opening night of a popular weekend music festival at NRG Park, authorities said.

It happened at the third-annual Astroworld Festival, a sold-out concert event featuring multiple acts.

The worst of the incident began around 9:15 p.m. when the crowd of approximately 50,000 concert-goers began to move toward the front of the stage, according to Houston Fire Chief Samuel Peņa.

"The crowd began to compress toward the front of the stage, and people began to panic," Peņa said.https://abc13.com/astroworld-festival-canceled-deaths-fatal-texas-concert/11203827/

This reminds me of that European football aka soccer game where people got crushed to death against the fencing. There is a girl on instagram who posted her experience she was in the crowd towards the stage and was almost crushed to death.

You just never know.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Just terrible. I make it a point not to attend events where something like this can happen. I was caught in a gridlock years ago at a parade on the street and panic set in, once we got to safety I vowed never again. I get nervous when I see crowds like that.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- Eight people died Friday night and hundreds of others were injured during the opening night of a popular weekend music festival at NRG Park, authorities said.

It happened at the third-annual Astroworld Festival, a sold-out concert event featuring multiple acts.

The worst of the incident began around 9:15 p.m. when the crowd of approximately 50,000 concert-goers began to move toward the front of the stage, according to Houston Fire Chief Samuel Peņa.

"The crowd began to compress toward the front of the stage, and people began to panic," Peņa said.https://abc13.com/astroworld-festival-canceled-deaths-fatal-texas-concert/11203827/

This reminds me of that European football aka soccer game where people got crushed to death against the fencing. There is a girl on instagram who posted her experience she was in the crowd towards the stage and was almost crushed to death.
    sadly, very true.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Yeah made me think of Hillsborough right away .But they are now saying it may not have been just a sudden crush at the front , we'll have to wait and see .

I do not do crowds anymore. No way.

Arty from what a few people said via their instagram post, there were people coming into the area that hadn't paid for tickets and earlier those same people were in some area getting high, so when they got into the area where the concert was being held they were trying to rush the stage, in turn pushing people causing them fall and the crowd to be pushed towards the front more, it actually started towards the back and like a domino effect it moved towards the front.
    Hillsborough is the name I was trying to think of.

Ezra Blount, a 9-year-old boy who was trampled at Travis Scott’s Astroworld festival earlier this month, died Sunday from his injuries, his family told local media.Blount’s family is one of many to file lawsuits in recent days, naming Scott, Live Nation and other festival organizers as defendants. Legal experts predict damages could reach into the hundreds of millions of dollars.https://www.yahoo.com/news/9-old-ezra-blount-dies-023813049.html
    he makes the tenth person to die now.

Quote Originally Posted by artymorty View Post
    Yeah made me think of Hillsborough right away .But they are now saying it may not have been just a sudden crush at the front , we'll have to wait and see .
    So true.

I doubt the courts will allow this, at least I hope not. https://www.today.com/news/news/trav...issed-rcna7855
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    I doubt the courts will allow this, at least I hope not. https://www.today.com/news/news/trav...issed-rcna7855
    I hope the lawsuits at Travis Scott (big time jerk) will
    not be dismissed.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    I hope the lawsuits at Travis Scott (big time jerk) will
    not be dismissed.
    Everytime he talks about it, he has had a different story. First he claims he found out after the event. Then when the footage dropped of him at the afterparty, he changed the story to finding out the next again day. Then in another interview he was back to finding out after the event. The problem with this is there are multiple vids proving otherwise. Not only did the fans tell him, a security guard did. There is also footage of him stopping and watching a ambulance pass then carrying on. It's the same with Kylie Jenner who claimed not to know even though there is footage of her and the others being evacuated halfway through.

Add that to the fact he has already been charged with telling the crowd to rush the security even if they don't have tickets at least twice and even after it happened, he still had pics/vids on his Insta including one of a fan who has fainted while he brags about it.

Then there was the 'spontaneous' decision to give all those toys out in Houston and making sure everyone knows just before xmas. I've seen a lot of talk about it online with many saying it's clear he did it to try and sway the eventual jury whenever they are picked.

I doubt the charges will be dropped but then again this year has shown even if there is footage of someone commiting a crime, they could still get let off.

The crush occurred on Friday evening, on the first day of the Astroworld Festival in Houston (Texas) during a performance by Travis Scott. When he appeared on stage, the audience rushed forward, which caused a stampede and panic. As a result, eight people were killed and about 300 more received various injuries. This is a terrible tragedy! Which, I'm sure, is absolutely not Travis' fault! You need to understand that this is a big mistake of the security service! Think about it and stop slandering Travis Scott!

runforestrun I take it you are new here and haven't read the rules, any celebrity is fair game, what's not fair game is you coming on here and telling others to stop slandering Travis Scott, and since I don't see Moderator or Admin under your name, I would suggest you move along and if you don't like something just scroll on by.