Thread: Norm MacDonald passes away…

Norm MacDonald passes away…

MacDonald is dead at 61 after nine-year private battle with cancer…

Norm Macdonald, whose laconic delivery of sharp and incisive observations made him one of Saturday Night Live‘s most influential and beloved cast member, has died.

Macdonald was an SNL cast member from 1993-98, making his greatest impact as the anchor of the show’s “Weekend Update” segments for three seasons. Remembered both for his droll style — and for his refusal to go easy on O.J. Simpson despite reported pressure from SNL execs — Macdonald would prove one of the most impactful “Update” anchors, pivoting away from the slapstick approach of Chevy Chase and toward the more barbed political approach of his successor Colin Quinn.

Born on October 17, 1959, in Quebec City, Macdonald started his show business career in the comedy clubs of Canada, developing the deadpan style that would become both his trademark and a highly influential touchstone for a generation of comics. A contestant on Star Search in 1990, he was hired to write for Roseanne Barr’s sitcom Roseanne for the 1992-93 season before landing a coveted gig at NBC’s Saturday Night Live https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/nor...nl-1235064570/

Norm Macdonald

Sincerely yours,
    Upset

I always liked his style of comedy. RIP Norm.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

I far prefer his style than say Will Ferrell. Just my opinion.

Upset please a search before posting, there is already a thread for Norm...I will be merging the two.

I liked him. RIP.

Sad to hear about his death.
    I always loved how many comedians were
    born here in Canada.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Upset please a search before posting, there is already a thread for Norm...I will be merging the two.
    I didn't see a thread when I posted mine. I remember thinking it was odd that there wasn't one. Probably a site issue.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    I didn't see a thread when I posted mine. I remember thinking it was odd that there wasn't one. Probably a site issue.
    The first was posted on 9:14-21 at 2:58 pm and yours at 3:45 pm. You could be right about a site problem, but always do a search before you start a thread. The Advanced Search unter Titles Only is the best.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Odd as I saw the post that Drew did, then came back a few hours later and saw yours, Upset.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    I always liked his style of comedy. RIP Norm.
    Me too.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.