Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Her's (Killed by wrongway drunk driver Arizona 2018)

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,110

    Her's (Band killed by wrongway drunk driver Arizona 2019)

    I just discovered these guys the other night. They have such a great throwback sound to the 80's.

    They were barely in their 20's.

    I'm a massive fan of bands like Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden... etc... but getting killed that young by a wrongway ASSHOLE drunk driver is so much more infuriating and tragic.

    Based on the wreck, they were dead in a split second. No sign of anyone trying to break and what's left.... ugh. Thankfully they didn't suffer.

    Fitzpatrick (age 24) and Laading (25) along with their tour manager, Trevor Engelbrektson (37)



    Officials in Arizona said a Nissan pick-up had been "travelling eastbound on the westbound lane" of Interstate 10 before hitting the duo's Ford van.There were no survivors.


    The band, whose members met as students at the Liverpool Institute of Performing Arts (LIPA), were driving about 350 miles from a performance in Phoenix, Arizona to Santa Ana in California.


    In a statement, the Arizona Department of Public Safety said the crash happened at about 01:00, shortly after it first received reports of the wrong-way driver.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Her%27s



    "Death has come to your little town, Sheriff." -Dr. Loomis

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,110
    "Death has come to your little town, Sheriff." -Dr. Loomis

  3. #3
    Drunk drivers who kill someone should get the death penalty. Period. So many lives have been extinguished because some drunken loser decided to get behind the wheel.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,110
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberslammer View Post
    Drunk drivers who kill someone should get the death penalty. Period. So many lives have been extinguished because some drunken loser decided to get behind the wheel.
    Yeah I don't get it. I've been wasted on all kinds of things in my younger years but never for a second contemplated driving.... even when friends said I was fine. People still, in 2021, think it's not a big deal aslong as you can walk and string together a setence.... fuck off.

    Sleep on a bench, in a park, fucking don't get behind the wheel!

    How many wrongway drunk driver stories have been on this forum? Dozens at this point. It's just so frustrating.

    This was their show a couple hours before the crash.

    "Death has come to your little town, Sheriff." -Dr. Loomis

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Dawg Town
    Posts
    36,496
    We once had a government or newspaper bumper sticker that said "Dunk Driving is Just Murder on the Street."

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,110
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    We once had a government or newspaper bumper sticker that said "Dunk Driving is Just Murder on the Street."
    Everytime time I think of drunk driving wrecks, I think of the affluenza kid. He should have been locked up for life in general population.
    "Death has come to your little town, Sheriff." -Dr. Loomis

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,336
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberslammer View Post
    Drunk drivers who kill someone should get the death penalty. Period. So many lives have been extinguished because some drunken loser decided to get behind the wheel.
    My uncle got done for it twice, losing his licence both times but ended up getting it back. He had always been a speed freak whether on his bike or car but none of us thought he would be so idiotic as to drive while drunk but he did. What makes it worse is when he was younger, he himself was the victim of a drunk driver when riding his bike. He fell off skidding along the road so hard, he lost a lot of skin on both legs, needed a pin put in it and nearly lost his eyesight.

    Does anyone know how long the driver got or if they were jailed because I've seen a few cases over the years where all they get is a slap on the wrist shockingly?
    There are only two definites in life....you are born and you die. The rest is anyone's guess.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,110
    Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    My uncle got done for it twice, losing his licence both times but ended up getting it back. He had always been a speed freak whether on his bike or car but none of us thought he would be so idiotic as to drive while drunk but he did. What makes it worse is when he was younger, he himself was the victim of a drunk driver when riding his bike. He fell off skidding along the road so hard, he lost a lot of skin on both legs, needed a pin put in it and nearly lost his eyesight.

    Does anyone know how long the driver got or if they were jailed because I've seen a few cases over the years where all they get is a slap on the wrist shockingly?
    Died on impact. Apparantly people were calling the police trying to warn them somebody is blasting the wrong way up the highway but.... the guy was too out of control and far away.

    Don't they say that drunk drivers sometimes survive the impact because being wasted they don't tense up or resist the impact? In this case I think it was so intense nobody stood a chance. The cars are barely recognizable. Very sad.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NINTCHDBPICT000479207005.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	55188

    The pickup on the left is the drunk driver.... There's no way he was alive or conscious after that. The band was in the back of the van on the right.... Their tour manager obviously was gone right away. The band, I imagine they were unconscious right away hopefully. Burnt to sh*t.
    "Death has come to your little town, Sheriff." -Dr. Loomis

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,336
    Quote Originally Posted by beep View Post
    Died on impact. Apparantly people were calling the police trying to warn them somebody is blasting the wrong way up the highway but.... the guy was too out of control and far away.

    Don't they say that drunk drivers sometimes survive the impact because being wasted they don't tense up or resist the impact? In this case I think it was so intense nobody stood a chance. The cars are barely recognizable. Very sad.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NINTCHDBPICT000479207005.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	55188

    The pickup on the left is the drunk driver.... There's no way he was alive or conscious after that. The band was in the back of the van on the right.... Their tour manager obviously was gone right away. The band, I imagine they were unconscious right away hopefully. Burnt to sh*t.
    Thanks for answering. It reminds me of the Diane Schuler accident from back in 2009 when more or less the same thing happened and she took out herself and several others including her daughter and nieces. As you say, hopefully they knew nothing. The other options doesn't bear thinking about.
    There are only two definites in life....you are born and you die. The rest is anyone's guess.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •