Thread: BJ Thomas, 78

BJ Thomas, 78

Died of lung cancer. My late mom loved his music. Now I have "Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head" swimming around!

https://twitter.com/TheBJThomas/status/1398771563646885890

https://deadline.com/2021/05/bj-thomas-dead-hit-songwriter-grammy-winner-was-78-1234766552/

I was never a huge fan but you had to like Raindrops Keep Fallin On My Head.

Haven't heard his name in years. Never a fan, but do remember Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head and Hooked on a feeling.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

a bit of a shock !

"BJ Thomas has had a new record"

A bit tactless to post a cover of one of the guy's songs. But then again, we're on the Find-a-Death forum.
    Last edited by J from Paris; 05-30-2021 at 12:59 AM. Reason: inappropriate -> tactless

I have this fragment of a BJ Thomas memory, from when I was a kid, about 1979, I think. I found one of his albums and either the original album was missing, or badly scratched. I can't remember which, but I do remember disappointment. Also, even now I am confusing him with Steve Miller.
    Pecunia Loquitur Taurus Cacas Ambulat

He put on a show in my very small town in the late 60's I think? May have been early 70's. I can't remember. Well he was very intoxicated. They had to remove him from the stage. Everyone makes mistakes and I felt sorry for him. He had a nice voice. RIP.

I liked his music
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

Quote Originally Posted by Follower View Post
    I have this fragment of a BJ Thomas memory, from when I was a kid, about 1979, I think. I found one of his albums and either the original album was missing, or badly scratched. I can't remember which, but I do remember disappointment. Also, even now I am confusing him with Steve Miller.
    I remember now. It was the LP "Home Where I Belong" and the title track was scratched badly and skipped. Years later I got it on CD and heard it right for the first time. BJ seems like the kind of guy who just needed a good wife and Jesus Christ or he would have absolutely blown himself up.
    Pecunia Loquitur Taurus Cacas Ambulat

doh! i thought this was about IAN thomas! (perhaps only canadians will remember his AM radio CANCON classics!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by john*thomas View Post
    I was never a huge fan but you had to like Raindrops Keep Fallin On My Head.
    I have to agree with this.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.